PDA

View Full Version : Swift Teleport Spell?

Elric VIII
2012-02-11, 06:30 PM
I'm looking for a spell that functions like the power Dimension Hop. Mainly I want low-level, short-range, swift action teleport. Spell list (or Arcane/Divine) doesn't matter.

I'm looking for something that isn't the Abrupt Jaunt ACF.

Thank you.

Cog
2012-02-11, 06:50 PM
This link (http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndLive/FindSpell.php) is useful for that sort of thing; it came up with one Teleportation spell of free, immediate, or swift casting time - Knight's Move, in the Spell Compendium. It's a lot more conditional than Dimension Hop.

Loki_42
2012-02-11, 07:01 PM
There is an actual spell called Dimension Hop, in the Player's Handbook 2. I'm not sure what the power does, but the spell is a touch spell that let's you teleport creature touched 5 feet per two caster levels. It is 2nd level for Sorcerers, Wizards, and Duskblades.

Elric VIII
2012-02-11, 07:09 PM
This link (http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndLive/FindSpell.php) is useful for that sort of thing; it came up with one Teleportation spell of free, immediate, or swift casting time - Knight's Move, in the Spell Compendium. It's a lot more conditional than Dimension Hop.

Thank you. That will work for me.

There is an actual spell called Dimension Hop, in the Player's Handbook 2. I'm not sure what the power does, but the spell is a touch spell that let's you teleport creature touched 5 feet per two caster levels. It is 2nd level for Sorcerers, Wizards, and Duskblades.

PHB2 version is a standard action. The psionic power is a 10ft + 5ft per PP swift action personal teleport.

deuxhero
2012-02-11, 08:43 PM
Anklets of Translocation (or Anklets of one of D&D's 20 synonyms for "teleport") from MIC is a cheep, low range, swift action teleport.

Thrice Dead Cat
2012-02-11, 08:58 PM
Knight's Move (SpC) is a swift action teleport for clerics/paladins.

Slipperychicken
2012-02-12, 12:36 AM
Shadow Cloak from DotU grants 3/day Immediate action 10ft teleporting for like 5,000gp. It's basically Abrupt Jaunt: the Item.

DeAnno
2012-02-12, 01:30 AM
I had a habit of jamming Dimension Hops (the spell) into Greater Arcane Fusion, or just quickening them with Spellsurge or whatever. If you can get by that casting time its really a pretty good spell.

Aside from that I think items are probably your best bet, there are a lot of swift action teleport items lurking around iirc.

Gavinfoxx
2012-02-12, 01:58 AM
Isn't Dimension Leap > Dimension Hop?

The Magic of Eberron version vs the PHB II version?

Ziegander
2012-02-12, 03:14 AM
Isn't Dimension Leap > Dimension Hop?

The Magic of Eberron version vs the PHB II version?

For the most part yes, but Dimension Hop can be used to teleport any creature touched, including unwilling targets, so there's that bit of utility to it.

Eldariel
2012-02-12, 03:37 AM
Abrupt Jaunt ACF for Wizards is 10' teleport as an immediate action but immediate action taken on your own turn is a swift action and you get it at level 1 Int times per day.

FMArthur
2012-02-12, 10:30 AM
How far do you want to move with it? One of the (apparently numerous) 10ft options is just taking Hidden Talent: Dimension Hop. The 2pp will let you do it twice per day, and a psionic race will usually add another 2 to that. Being kalashtar would make the number of uses equal to 2 + your character level.

Abrupt Jaunt ACF for Wizards is 10' teleport as an immediate action but immediate action taken on your own turn is a swift action and you get it at level 1 Int times per day.
And it has the added benefit of being specifically called out in the opening post as not being what's wanted. What's not to love?

Elric VIII
2012-02-12, 01:18 PM
Knight's move would work fine. This is for a player in my campaign that is using a version of Arcane Swordsage and I wanted to give him a spell that gives free-ish movement that is available before quicksilver motion or shadow jump, in order to help him keep up with the Druid that can reliably get pounce. I'll let him use the level 2 version and that should work. Considering he's playing an assassin-style character, the flanking part is more of a goal than a limitation.

Thank you for the help.