PDA

View Full Version : Curing Warp Touch

Scribble
2012-02-12, 01:22 AM
I'm planning an adventure soon where my group will run across a chaos cult that has weapons that cause the Warp Touch disease from the BoVD, they've been using it on themselves too, all of them are warped and freaky and such, seeing it as becoming closer to their god or whatever. Anyway, I'm wondering.. how do you cure Warp Touch since the book says "a remove disease accomplishes nothing."

tyckspoon
2012-02-12, 02:14 AM
However the DM (you, apparently) wants it to be cured. The main thing is that Warp Touch isn't really a disease, not mechanically- it's an instant physical change. Either you save against it, or you're affected, and once you're affected there's not really any 'disease' left for Remove Disease to work against.

Since all the Vile Darkness diseases are supernatural, you could treat it as a curse or a similar spell; Remove Curse or Break Enchantment might work against it, possibly with a stiff Caster Level check or requiring an appropriate environment (cast in a Consecrated area or in conjunction with a healing ritual, for example.) Heal fixes most things, of course, and if you really want to make it hard to take off there's always the Limited Wish/Wish/Miracle route.

But, strictly RAW? Once you've been afflicted by Warp Touch you're pretty much stuck with whatever it did to you- the only thing I can think of that will completely remove it is dramatic shape-changing magic, such as using Polymorph Any Object to turn yourself back to your old body or getting yourself petrified, having somebody sculpt away the undesirable change, and then Stone-to-Fleshing yourself back.

Scribble
2012-02-12, 02:29 AM
That's what I was thinking along the lines of; though the getting petrified bit is an interesting solution... but thanks for the info!

Alleine
2012-02-12, 05:25 AM
Another interesting(non-RAW) way to go about it is to find a friendly Fleshwarper from Lords of Madness. Hmm, withered arm you say? I think I have one in just your size! Fluff-wise I'd say a Fleshwarper is your best bet. They know all about warping and flesh. Heck, with the right disability he might even pay the PCs for the material he's getting out of the deal.

Honestly a lot of the bad stuff appears to be ability drain, which is fixed with liberal application of Restoration.