PDA

View Full Version : This seems wrong...

CIDE
2012-02-12, 05:45 PM
Okay, just reading through some things when considering my potential future Erudite character (Spell to power variant). And uh...I found a combination of a spell and a power and I was wondering what the interaction would be when used together.

First, body outside body. Makes duplicates of you with your ability scores, memories, etc.

Second is the Fusion power. Causes two willing entities to come together. It says that the hit points and power points combine for a new total.

Since Body Outside Body doesn't clarify whether or not the duplicates have power points how is this addressed? Would it allow the duplicates hit points and power points to fuse with mine for the duration of the Fusion power?

Lateral
2012-02-12, 05:49 PM
I'm not sure about strict RAW, but since the duplicates can't cast spells, under normal magic/psionics transparency I'm fairly sure they can't use powers either.

Silva Stormrage
2012-02-12, 05:56 PM
I'm not sure about strict RAW, but since the duplicates can't cast spells, under normal magic/psionics transparency I'm fairly sure they can't use powers either.

Strict RAW lets him use psionics with body outside body. It is one of the more op'ed spells to take as a Erudite.

Lateral
2012-02-12, 06:04 PM
Strict RAW lets him use psionics with body outside body. It is one of the more op'ed spells to take as a Erudite.

No, I'm pretty sure the "cannot cast spells or use any spell completion or spell trigger items" clause falls under transparency rules.

However, they may still have PP, and therefore be good enough for Fusing. Bottom line? Ask your DM.