PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Question Regarding a possible House Rule

Vemynal
2012-02-12, 09:22 PM
Hey everyone, a few of my friends brought up the idea of allowing the favored class bonuses to PrC's. We discussed it and have come up with 2 different ideas:

1) You can name the PrC as your "Favored class". If a Human Bard enters Dragon Disciple then you would receive the favored class benefits that a Human Bard would normally have.
Half-Elves may pick 2 Base class, 2 PrC or 1 Base & 1 PrC.

2) You can choose to advance a PrC as part of your "favored class". I.e. a Human Bard entering Dragon Disciple can still choose to get +1 skill point, +1 HP or learn a new spell 1 level below your highest at each level. Only 1 PrC can receive this benefit and upon entering that PrC for the first time you have to specify this.

To be honest I don't really feel like #2 is that bad...there are enough benefits to staying in a base class that this feels to me like its not OP but I wanted to hear what everyone else thinks.

Another fact is that I don't want to allow #1 and have my game dominated by Half-Elves >_<

Almaseti
2012-02-12, 09:24 PM
I don't really think the favored class benefits are that big a deal, anyway, so I don't think extending them to PrCs, which are already sort of weak in pf, would break anything.

Chained Birds
2012-02-12, 09:48 PM
Agreed, seeing as you would probably gain better abilities and features staying in your base class, extending the Favored Class Bonus to Prestige Classes might inspire someone to actually Prestige. Or at the very least, not penalize them as much.