PDA

View Full Version : Bought a game I can't play on Steam. Is it possible to get a refund and if so, how?

Green-Shirt Q
2012-02-12, 09:55 PM
I got Gotham City Imposters today and paid $15. No big deal, so it's no big loss, but it makes me cheesed off that I also gotta buy a Live Account instead of playing it over steam or whatever. And I don't want to purchase and pay for a Live Account, and I didn't know I had to do that. Call me stupid.

So is there any way I can get a refund? Or would the Steam guys tell me to go screw myself if I made a complaint that I bought this game without knowing I'd need to pay even more.

Gnoman
2012-02-12, 10:40 PM
If you're talking about Games For Windows Live, you may not need a paid account. I know Resident Evil 5 uses GFWL for multiplayer, and works fine with free accounts.

factotum
2012-02-13, 02:36 AM
GFWL has never required you to pay, AFAIK--it's not like XBox Live in that regard.

Gnoman
2012-02-13, 03:58 AM
That is my understanding as well, but I rarely use the service, and thus did not want to speak with authority I do not really have.

Green-Shirt Q
2012-02-13, 06:35 AM
Whoops. I just realized I accidentally posted this in media instead of gaming.

But hey, if Windows Live games can do multiplayer without paying, then I guess I don't have a problem!