PDA

View Full Version : Balanced Arcane Swordsage?

onemorelurker
2012-02-12, 09:59 PM
If you were trying to flesh out the Arcane Swordsage in a way that not only was not hideously broken, but that also still shook out to tier 3, what would you have its maneuver list look like? The way it's phrased in the ToB makes it sound like an Arcane Swordsage can use any spell of an appropriate level, but let's assume that's not true, and that they can pick from a small fixed list, similar to their regular maneuvers list. What spells would you let an Arcane Swordsage use that would be worth learning without breaking the game?

I have no plans to actually use this in a game; I'm just curious.

Douglas
2012-02-12, 11:05 PM
See my sig.

playswithfire
2012-02-12, 11:26 PM
If you want the spells chosen to be of the same level as the maneuvers chosen, you could probably just give it the warmage (Tier 4) spell list. If that's not important, you could probably use the duskblade (Tier 3) list and it can learn spells learnable by a duskblade of class level equal to its initiator level.

I'd probably also restrict its number of discipline choices (realistically, they're not going to get much from all six disciplines AND spells anyway), say they can only choose 4 of the 6 disciplines maybe.