PDA

View Full Version : Shining Lights in the Darkness

Croverus
2012-02-13, 12:49 AM
In the year 2037, in the great mega-city New Orleans, supernatural beings have been gathering for decades, possibly centuries. The large concentration of supernaturals drew the attention of a secret organization known only as UNITY. While primarily run under the table by the American government, they have cells located all over the world. They hide the existance of supernatural beings from the public and make attempts to bridge prejudices between different types of these humanoids. New Orleans is their largest branch, and they have many operatives. Recently they have begun a new initiative, called Project Integration. They have hired out several supernatural beings, who UNITY believes will be better suited for getting disturbances caused by supernaturals under control than standard humans.

Each of you is one of the new Integratees, and you have been sent word to meet at an abandoned apartment complex in the Old New Orleans slums. You are to wait there until all of you have arrived, at which time an agent from UNITY will give you your new orders.

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-02-13, 10:56 AM
Tom arrives at the complex, and finds himself a nice tree outside to perch in while he waits for the others to arrive. Maybe I'll take a nap while I wait for them.

Yuki Akuma
2012-02-13, 11:56 AM
"Why are we meeting in an abandoned apartment complex?" comes a voice from down the stairs, gradually getting closer. "Couldn't they just set up some sort of illusionary forcefield in a public place or something? Sheesh, all this cloak and dagger stuff..."

Siobhan trudges up the stairs! She's a girl who appears to be somewhere in her mid teans. She looks pretty normal, all things considered - except for the bright pink hair, but that's probably dyed. Probably.

Tokuhara
2012-02-13, 12:04 PM
A very well-maintained 1930's Rolls-Royce Phantom pulls up to the abandoned apartment complex, the wheels glistening in the fading sun. The rear window facing the complex rolls down, as a hand extends out, a finished cigarette falling gently onto the curb. The driver of the vehicle steps out, a man of definite age wearing a well-pressed John Philip suit in a gentle and soothing green with his platinum hair tied back in a ponytail, and approaches the back door. He gently opens the door as a younger man, dressed in a pearl white Armani suit with a pristine crimson tie steps out. The man appears to be in his late 20's/early 30's, and in fantastic shape. He runs his fingers of his left hand through his dark brown hair, his cat-like eyes focusing on the complex. He exhales calmly, his driver closing the door behind him

"Here we are, sir. I do hope this isn't a police sting, like in Moscow..."

The younger man reaches into his coat, pulling out a silver cigarette case, placing a fresh Camel Red in his mouth, then replaces the case from whence it came. He reaches into his pocket for his lighter, withdraws the golden Zippo and opens it with the flick of his wrist. He tries to get the lighter to ignite, but for unknown reasons, it will not light. The elderly man withdraws a spare, a simple brass Zippo and ignites his master's cigarette for him.

Moscow... That was 5, maybe 6 years ago?"

He takes a drag from the cigarette, exhaling slowly, the smoke rolling into a beautiful near-perfect copy of the St. Basil's Cathedral

"Didn't I meet a lovely lady there Carlo?"

"Three, and I sure hope you aren't talking about the Prime Minister's daughter, whom you slept with, Master Leon."

Leon laughs, patting Carlo on the shoulder. Reminiscing about the woman he had swoon into his bed, followed by running for his life in his underwear through what was formerly the Red Square, he remembers the looks of the people, the shouts of the guards, and the words of a woman who loved him. Just another day at the Office...

"I was. Such a beautiful woman. Shame I couldn't've left my number for her. I wish I could see her again..."

Carlo shakes his head, as he checks the Rolex that Leon bought him for his 20th Birthday. He then thinks about how 34 years have passed, and Master McBride hasn't aged a day, while he has aged. His face is wrinkled, but still has a youthful aspect to it, making him appear nearly 10 years younger. He smiles, crossing his arms in front of him.

GFawkes
2012-02-13, 12:18 PM
A click of claws hits the ground repeatedly. Normally, he'd be much more careful, but Andrew saw no one around. Or at least, not enough to be of worry. Clutched in the jaws of the wolf is a letter, which he occasionally spits out to double check before picking it up again. Arriving at the apartment, he gives a look at the sky, hoping to see the moon looking down on him. But no such luck. Seeing the two men standing outside the door, the canine spins around three times, then sits on the sidewalk.

Strainseir
2012-02-13, 01:03 PM
With the majority of the group finally arriving the burned priest finally decides to make his presence known. Fading in from the twilight as though he has always been standing there, the Charred Priest, 'true' form of Father Daniel O'Leery, materializes just outside the front doors of the apartment complex. Holding in his hands an Iron cross shaped into a weapon of combat the ghostly figure kneels and prays to the lord in silence.

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-02-13, 01:06 PM
Tom watches the pink-haired girl walk up the steps to the building. There's one. Where're two through five?

Tom continues watching as Leon and his butler roll up. That makes two, with his extra.

When the wolf saunters up sits down to wait, Tom decides that this is as good an opportunity as any. "Gentlemen," he says, his smile widening into a Cheshire Cat grin as he lounges in his tree. "There's one here ahead of us. Shall we go in and join her?"

Tokuhara
2012-02-13, 01:36 PM
Tom watches the pink-haired girl walk up the steps to the building. There's one. Where're two through five?

Tom continues watching as Leon and his butler roll up. That makes two, with his extra.

When the wolf saunters up sits down to wait, Tom decides that this is as good an opportunity as any. "Gentlemen," he says, his smile widening into a Cheshire Cat grin as he lounges in his tree. "There's one here ahead of us. Shall we go in and join her?"

Leon smiles to Tom, moving the stubborn strands of his hair to the right, seeing the odd man, then takes a drag from his cigarette.

"I agree. Let's not keep everyone waiting. Carlo, can you lock up the car?

"Certainly, sir."

Carlo locks the car, making sure every door is locked tight, then he and Leon walk up to Tom.

I am Leon McBride, and this is my butler Carlo de Leon.

Leon extends his hand, while Carlo opens the trunk, removing a break-action Winchester 21 and a Lumberjack Axe. He ties the axe around his back, holding the shotgun in one hand, resting the barrels on his shoulder.

Yuki Akuma
2012-02-13, 01:40 PM
Siobhan stops walking as soon as she notices other people! When they start to introduce themselves, she speaks. "Uh... Siobhan. Siobhan Jones." She doesn't really sound particularly Welsh. She peers at Carlo as he takes those weapons from the car. "Uh, dude... paranoid much?"

Of course, she has her own weapon in pendant form around her neck, but she doesn't need to let them know that.

GFawkes
2012-02-13, 02:01 PM
The wolf sniffs each of the other's hands, ears pricking up when he sniffs Tom, and pausing to give Carlo's hand a short lick.

Tokuhara
2012-02-13, 02:01 PM
Siobhan stops walking as soon as she notices other people! When they start to introduce themselves, she speaks. "Uh... Siobhan. Siobhan Jones." She doesn't really sound particularly Welsh. She peers at Carlo as he takes those weapons from the car. "Uh, dude... paranoid much?"

Of course, she has her own weapon in pendant form around her neck, but she doesn't need to let them know that.

Carlo stares at the odd girl, adjusting the axe on his back so it sits between his shoulder blades.

"I would prefer to not look like a target than to be perceived as an easy mark, thank you very much, Miss Jones. And I would prefer some manners, if you may, Miss, lest a beautiful young lady like yourself seem "Uncivilized."

Leon immediately steps between them, in an attempt to avoid an armed conflict.

"What my friend means is that he would rather be prepared. Remember, He's an old man, so please be nice to him. He tends to be grouchy when hen doesn't get his dinner around now."

Leon smiles, dropping the cigarette into his palm, crushes it as the last whisps of smoke exit his palm, and he drops the carcass on the ground. He then bows politely, showing his new acquaintances some respect.

Yuki Akuma
2012-02-13, 02:05 PM
Siobhan rolls her eyes a bit, resting her weight on one leg. "Right. Sure. Being old doesn't give you a free pass, Mister McBride. People are respected for their actions, not for how long they've managed to avoid dying."

She shakes her head, waving her hand and turning away to look at the wolf instead. He gets a pat on the head.

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-02-13, 02:06 PM
"Tom." Tom regards Leon's outstretched hand warily, before shaking it once quickly.

Hearing Siobhan's comment, Tom glances over at Carlo. "Hmm... Nah. That's not paranoia. Just good planning. I know I don't leave home unarmed."

Tom then stoops down to the wolf's eye level. "We're kindred spirits, you and I, aren't we? After a fashion, anyway. You, I like."

Tokuhara
2012-02-13, 02:16 PM
Leon looks at Siobahn, shrugging.

"Carlo's skill with that shotgun and that axe have saved me from a few hairy situations. About ten years ago, I was being held captive by some lunatics with AK's, and like an action hero, Carlo kicked in the window and emptied the shotgun into 2 of my captors, followed by him decapitating the remaining four. His skill is what kept me alive. It isn't that he's a grouchy old man, it's that he's saved my life more times in the past 10 years than I can count. So for me, could you be polite to him? You know those of wolf's blood: Natural-Born Hotheads..."

During this, Carlo scratches Andrew behind the ear, smiling to Tom.

"As you said, preparation is key to any situation. Master Leon prefers to talk things out, although his mouth tends to get him in more trouble than he can handle, hence why I come armed, just in case things get violent. Not saying I don't have any skills of my own other than the uncivilized blunt stick approach, it's just that I'm old and tired of people younger than me or my master trying to get the better of us."

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-02-13, 02:27 PM
"Talking's all well and good, but one can never be too careful. I think you and me are gonna get along great."

GFawkes
2012-02-13, 02:38 PM
Panting and wagging his tail from all the attention, Andrew looks at each of the people nearby. The girl, Siobhan, had nothing overtly wrong about her, but he was still wary. The man kneeling in front of him, who said something about kindred spirits, he smelled of cat. The man scratching his ear, Carlo, something was oddly familiar about him. The other man, Leon, there was something very off about him. He couldn't quite nail it, but something was definitely different than human.

At the comment that wolfblooded were hotheaded, Andrew looked indignantly (well, as best a wolf can manage to do so) at Leon with a small noise of disappointment.

Tokuhara
2012-02-13, 02:58 PM
Panting and wagging his tail from all the attention, Andrew looks at each of the people nearby. The girl, Siobhan, had nothing overtly wrong about her, but he was still wary. The man kneeling in front of him, who said something about kindred spirits, he smelled of cat. The man scratching his ear, Carlo, something was oddly familiar about him. The other man, Leon, there was something very off about him. He couldn't quite nail it, but something was definitely different than human.

At the comment that wolfblooded were hotheaded, Andrew looked indignantly (well, as best a wolf can manage to do so) at Leon with a small noise of disappointment.

Carlo smiles, knowing the kindred connection between himself and Andrew. Carlo was descended from 5 generations of Wolf-Blooded, most experiencing their First Change within 15 years. He was 54 and had yet to, making him the "Runt" of the family. Leon meanwhile showed a nonthreatening position to Andrew.

"I'm not insulting the Garou in any way. I'm stating that the human children of Garou tend to be a little hotheaded."

Strainseir
2012-02-13, 03:38 PM
The Priest follows the sounds of voices opening the doors and heading in to make his presence known, his walk is oddly silent and smooth as if he had no real weight. Bursts of flame randomly seethe from his cracked flesh with each movement. Speaking to the group his voice come with the soft sound of a young and gentle priest and the cracked old voice of a tormented man burned alive,"Greetings...We are glad to see that those here are peaceful in spirit, at the moment." the creature spoke between labored breathes.

Yuki Akuma
2012-02-13, 03:45 PM
Siobhan stares at the 'Priest' for a few moments.

"...Okay. Seriously. You people are insane. What am I even doing here..."

Tokuhara
2012-02-13, 03:56 PM
Siobhan stares at the 'Priest' for a few moments.

"...Okay. Seriously. You people are insane. What am I even doing here..."

Leon approaches the Priest, extending his hand

"Leon McBride, and my butler, Carlo de Leon. We are honored to see a surprising turn out."

Strainseir
2012-02-13, 04:02 PM
Leon approaches the Priest, extending his hand

"Leon McBride, and my butler, Carlo de Leon. We are honored to see a surprising turn out."

Father O'Leery extends that ectoplasmic hand out to shake. It is warm to the touch but not hot. The burning eyes lock into Leon's but in no way does his posture denote hostility,"We are the Burned Priest, emissary of the lord. We am honored as well."

Tokuhara
2012-02-13, 04:15 PM
Father O'Leery extends that ectoplasmic hand out to shake. It is warm to the touch but not hot. The burning eyes lock into Leon's but in no way does his posture denote hostility,"We are the Burned Priest, emissary of the lord. We am honored as well."

Leon's eyes lock as well, the cat-like pupil locking with O'Leery's eyes.

"I say we get the inside so we don't keep our employer waiting..."

Yuki Akuma
2012-02-13, 04:17 PM
Siobhan sighs, leaning against a wall. She waves her hand over the odd bracelet she wears, and... a greenish holographic 'screen' pops up out of nowhere. She begins to tap at it... Is she playing Minesweeper?

"They'll call us in when we're all here. We're probably still waiting for someone."

Strainseir
2012-02-13, 04:21 PM
The priest eyed the strange device on the pink one's wrist. What an odd sort of thing that was. Being as out of touch with technology as Father O'Leery was he was not completely sure it weither or not such a thing was supernatural in nature,"If the group wishes We might go find this person."

Tokuhara
2012-02-13, 04:29 PM
Leon smirks, drawing another cigarette and lighting it, this time with ease.

"I say we give the remaining member another hour or so. After that hour, then I say we search the apartment complex for our benefactor. Sounds good to everyone?"

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-02-13, 04:35 PM
Tom regards the strange... thing before him. I've seen weirder, but something about this one seems... off, somehow. And what's with the royal 'we'? He clears his throat. "Well, then, if we're not all going in just yet, I think I'll go back to my nap." He turns and climbs back up his tree, putting himself back on the branch he had found to lie on. "Wake me when they call us in."

Kojiro
2012-02-13, 04:37 PM
While all this is going on, another person watches from across the street. Despite having been there for over an hour (most of which he'd spent browsing the Internet), he had decided to wait to enter the actual meeting place until the others had arrived, instead watching them while his scanner gathered information on them. After taking a few minutes to go over his data (and to finish up the article he was reading), he walks out and heads for the group. Wearing his lab coat and goggles, he's in full-on mad scientist getup; he doesn't really care about looking like something he's not with these people, and in public merely taking off his goggles removes the "mad" part of the equation.

Getting close to the group, he nods to them. "Hello Siobhan, everyone," he says, looking around. "I appear to be late; everyone else is here already. Except our employer, I suppose." He tilts his head slightly, giving the group one last once-over. "Unless he's already here," he thinks to himself.

Strainseir
2012-02-13, 04:40 PM
"It is unlikely he is here. We searched this building up and down while in the Twilight. The dead here are also pleasant. We shall return to give them peace later" the priest said though the last two comments he seemed to be talking to then responding to himself.

Yuki Akuma
2012-02-13, 04:42 PM
The teenager's face seems to light up when she hears the voice of the obvious mad scientist. "Darius!" Aaaaand hug. Personal space? What's that? "You're here, too? Huh, guess there must be something pretty important to do, if they called both of the most awesome Geniuses in the ci-"

She peers towards the 'Priest'.

"...He's doing that on purpose, I swear. What is it with these metanormals..."

Croverus
2012-02-13, 04:53 PM
The doors of the apartment open outward silently and three men dressed in the exact same black suits, with the same clean cut hair and the same black sunglasses, step out from the shadows. There had been no sign of their presence prior to the doors opening, and the man in the center pockets a device too quickly for any of you to get a good look at it.

"Good, you have all arrived. I am Agent 12. These are Agents 10 and 14. We are sent by UNITY to inform each of you that, as of now, you are part of a team. You will be working together to deal with situations that our agents are not suited to handling. You will each be greatly compensated for your efforts, and as the letters indicated, we have something that each of you wants. Some of you want answers, or a specific goal, or maybe to find a person or object. We can help you with these things, after you help us. Before we go on, are there any questions?"

Agents 10 and 14 use this pause to reach a finger up to their respective ears, as if they are both listening to something in their earpieces. Any of you with a good enough perception will also notice the slight bulge on all three Agents' hips, likely a weapon.

Strainseir
2012-02-13, 04:53 PM
The Priest gazes at the pink one curiously as his burning eyes smolder in those dark sockets,"We would ask what you mean child?"

Tokuhara
2012-02-13, 05:07 PM
Leon leans against his car, taking a solid drag off of his cigarette, studying the group carefully.

A Sin-Eater, a Forsaken, a Lost, and Two Inspired. What a strange combination of peoples from all around.

Leon exhales, the smoke wafting towards the newcomer, checking his Blackberry and updating his company's assets, as well as transferring his latest paycheck to his bank account. He then approaches Darius cigarette still in hand, his cat-like eyes locking with Darius's

"Leon McBride, Millionaire Playboy. This is Carlo, my butler, Father O'Leery, Tom, and an Uthura, of whom we have yet to learn his name. You have already met Siobhan, so it seems we have a full house."

Yuki Akuma
2012-02-13, 05:11 PM
Siobhan ignores the priest. "Huuh... Well, sounds good. Not sure what you think I want, but whatever, it's better than just wandering around looking for monsters to beat up."

Tokuhara
2012-02-13, 05:16 PM
Leon shifts his eyes, watching all three of the UNITY agents closely, as he takes a drag off of his cigarette, exhaling it directly towards Agent 12.

"So 12, this is supposed to be one of those "I Scratch your back, you scratch mine" situations? Last one of those nearly got me and my associate killed by guerrilla fighters in Somalia. I think we may require some clarification, if you do not mind."

GFawkes
2012-02-13, 05:48 PM
Hearing the phrase Uratha, Andrew figures he no longer needs to hide. Quickly glancing around to see if any unwanted eyes are looking, he reverts to Hishu form. A tattered shirt and jeans cover his body.

"You never asked my name. It's Andrew," he says in a gruff and direct voice.

Kojiro
2012-02-13, 05:51 PM
Darius doesn't react to Siobhan's display of affection, standing there as his arms are pinned to his side by her hug. Nodding to Leon, he introduces himself. "Darius Grey, Genius. Pleased to meet all of you."

He turns his head to look at the agents, light glinting off of his dark lenses. He decides to let the others speak with them before asking his questions, instead simply letting his goggles gather their information.

Tokuhara
Hearing the phrase Uratha, Andrew figures he no longer needs to hide. Quickly glancing around to see if any unwanted eyes are looking, he reverts to Hishu form. A tattered shirt and jeans cover his body.

"You never asked my name. It's Andrew," he says in a gruff and direct voice.

"My apologies, Andrew. Since we've all been introduced, shall we find out what work is needed so we can get on with our prescribed work?"

Yuki Akuma
"What the hell is an Uratha anywa-" Siobhan begins to ask, before Andrew suddenly shapeshifts. "Gah!"

She clings a bit tighter to Darius for a second... then boots up her Holo-puter again, typing. "Note: Uratha means 'shapeshifter'..."

There's a soft 'bwong' sound as a small, green... rodent thing pops out of the Holo-puter's screen. "You're so smart, Kiyuki! You worked that out just like that!" Siobhan's left eye twitches. "...Didn't I fix that..."

Croverus
2012-02-13, 05:55 PM
"We can assure you that this will not be like Simolia, Mr. McBride. We plan to give you any information your team needs to accomplish your missions. If we have access to the knowledge, you will. We want you to succeed."

Tokuhara
2012-02-13, 05:56 PM
Leon nods to the agent, satisfied with his answer.

"So What's the job? Assassination? Bribery? Theft? All of the above?"

Carlo in the meantime smiles to Andrew, as he seems unafraid of the display.

"You and I aren't too different. I am a Wolf-Blooded, so I only hope that thought our endeavors I can experience the First Change."

Strainseir
2012-02-13, 06:00 PM
"Death is not as bad as it sounds. We have both died at least once each, and we both shall again most likely several times. Give us the information you have. Time spend on unnecessary conversation is time not spent punishing the wicked."

Croverus
2012-02-13, 06:04 PM
"Very well. Your first task should be diplomatic in nature, but combat is a possibility. A pair of Prometheans have chosen to linger in a nearby park, their wasteland is starting to show in the area. You are being sent to convince them to move, in any means necessary. We'd prefer you get them to move on peacefully, but we have already diverted most mundane traffic away from the park so you have time to deal with them without risk of being exposed to the public. If violence is to break out please keep it within the park. Estimates show we have 8 hours before they have been their long enough for their wastelands to expand."

Yuki Akuma
2012-02-13, 06:18 PM
Siobhan finally lets go of Darius, having regained her composure. "O...kay. Prometheans? I have no idea what those are. Do you have any... I dunno, info on them? It'd be nice to know what I'm meant to be beating up if playboy over there fails the diplomatic route."

Strainseir
2012-02-13, 06:29 PM
"Very interesting.... We are torn. Unnatural created false life. The whole world rejects them, and yet they unlike the rest of this dark world seek only peace and to gain humanity. If they are the peaceful sword she should help them, otherwise total destruction shall be necessarily."

Kojiro
2012-02-13, 06:38 PM
"Prometheans are reanimated dead, fueled by Azoth. Their very existence causes discord in the surrounding area, corrupting the landscape and setting those around them on edge, mortal or otherwise." Darius brings a hand to his chin, thinking. "This phenomenon is going to make our job difficult; their very presence will make us uneasy and affect our ability to negotiate, and due to their undead nature and the power of the Azoth within them, fighting them will be a real challenge. However, if they don't move, the city will be corrupted. Hmm."

He doesn't mention that he literally just read all that information off the Scholastic (the Foundation, that is) online library on his goggles; much more impressive for them to believe that he simply knew all that.

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-02-13, 06:45 PM
Tom has been listening to the entire exchange from his lounging perch on the tree branch. "So, we need to convince a couple of prommies to move?" His mouth widens into that too-wide grin again. "Sounds like fun." He lithely drops out of the tree next to the others, grin still plastered on his face.

Tokuhara
2012-02-13, 09:22 PM
Leon looks at the group, a smirk crossing his face, his eyes glistening like a pair of topaz.

"Gentlemen, Lady, I say we get this underway, show we? I can give those without vehicles a ride to the location, if you need one."

Leon climbs back into the car, Carlo getting in the driver's seat immediately following.

Yuki Akuma
2012-02-13, 10:19 PM
Siobhan hmmms a little bit, then shrugs. "...Alright, then. Well, hopefully we can just convince them to leave so we don't have to fight... undead golem things."

She approaches Leon's car and gets in. Hey, she walked here, she doesn't have a ride.

Strainseir
2012-02-13, 10:21 PM
In an instant wings of rippling fire erupt out of the back of the priest and he takes off into the air towards the park with quite surprising speed.

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-02-13, 10:53 PM
Tom blinks in surprise at the "priest's" method of departure. Guess I was right. I don't think any changelings can do that. Seeing Siobhan get into the car, he shrugs. "May as well. Not gonna get there any faster across the rooftops, that's for sure." He ducks into the car after Siobhan, and does his level best to sit like a normal human in the seat. But he fails, and ends up sitting on his haunches very much like a cat, cheshire grin still glued to his face.

GFawkes
2012-02-13, 11:04 PM
Andrew climbs into the car, sitting across from Tom. Eyeing him oddly, he asks "So what's up with you? You smell like cat and said we were 'kindred spirits'. Care to explain?"

Tokuhara
2012-02-13, 11:11 PM
Carlo drives the car toward the park, Leon in the back with the others, enjoying a nip of whiskey.

"So folks, what's the plan? If I talk to the Promethians, and things get violent, what precisely is Plan B? Do we run, fight, or keep trying to be peaceful? Because personally, I'm willing to throw down if things get nasty..."

He loads a custom-made Carbon Fiber .45 ACP Glock 32 with ivory grips, a desert eagle-style upper receiver, and an engraved magazine. He chambers a round, then loads another in the magazine, kissing the last bullet: a "cop killer" Black Talon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Talon) round with a solid gold casing. These rounds are only pulled out for special occasions, and favored by criminals. These are his favored bullets for getting out of bad situations.

Croverus
2012-02-13, 11:20 PM
The Agents watch as the group leaves. Agent 12 pulls out the device he had pocketed earlier and presses a sequence of buttons. There is a sound like a bubble popping and the Agents simply vanish, leaving no trace of them having been there.

It will be about a 15 minute drive till the group reaches the park by car. The priest will likely reach it in roughly 8 minutes unless he chooses to slow down and arrive at the same time as them.

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-02-13, 11:30 PM
"We've both got a touch of the beast in us. You can be a wolf, and I spent a long time as a great cat. I look human to you now, but when I look in the mirror, I don't see a human. I see a big cat, standing on two legs, whiskers, ears, eyes and all. My fellow changelings see me the same way. You can see hints of my true form, though. My eyes, for starters. And my teeth. My nails." Tom points to his various features as he explains. His eyes are yellow-green, the irises seem over-large, and the pupils dilate to vertical slits from perfectly round, like a cat's. His teeth, particularly his canines, seem sharper and longer than an average human's, almost like fangs. His nails are slightly elongated, and taper off rapidly to triangular points, almost forming claws. His build overall seems reminiscent of a cat, lithe and sinuous, with a certain air of confident grace. And his mannerisms are, of course, very cat-like. "That's why I smell like a cat, my friend, and that's why we're kindred spirits."

Kojiro
2012-02-13, 11:57 PM
After watching the Sin-Eater depart and making a mental note of it, Darius turns to those getting in the car. "I have something to retrieve from my vehicle, in case things go poorly; I will meet with you at the park. I may be a few minutes late; Siobhan, call me if anything goes wrong before I get there. I shouldn't take too long." He turns and begins walking for where he left his car, a few blocks away.

[Edit: Okay, wow, missed a lot of posts while I was writing this (or, rather, getting dinner and stuff then coming back to write this). Whoops. Give me a few minutes to rewrite. Or just assume this happened before you guys left.]

Yuki Akuma
2012-02-14, 09:32 AM
Siobhan leans back in the car, sighing. She gives Darius a thumbs-up as they leave. "Well... if they're not trying to do any harm, it would be wrong to just attack them the moment they refuse to leave, right? Most metanormals are basically people, after all. How'd you react if someone told you to leave your home?"

Siobhan glances towards the Changeling for a moment, then sighs and looks up at the roof of the car. "...Don't just drive all the way up to the park. We should walk at least some of the way. I need to get ready if there might be fighting."

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-02-14, 09:44 AM
"You heard Darius. Their very presence corrupts the area. If they won't move willingly, we've got to make 'em move. From the sound of things, they don't get to have homes. And I'd hardly call them 'people.'"

Tokuhara
2012-02-15, 11:59 AM
"Considering the situation, if we need to retreat, I personally would prefer being able to get to the car in a hurry. And some say I should no longer be counted as a Person either. I've been alive since the early 1800's, and am neither human nor spirit, but I am both."

The car stops at the park, as Leon steps out of the car, then walks up to the driver's side window.

"Keep the car running. If things go downhill, we need to run."

"Certainly sir."

Leon lights another cigarette, waiting on everyone else.

Yuki Akuma
2012-02-15, 12:21 PM
"Under that definition, I'm not exactly a 'Person' either," Siobhan says, as she gets out of the car. She rubs at that heart-shaped pendant around her neck. "None of us here are really human, are we?"

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-02-15, 12:45 PM
"Haven't been for a long time, sweetheart." Tom exits the car and stretches, twisting around and loosening his joints. "And I can't go back, either. Not sure if I'd want to, given the chance."

Tokuhara
2012-02-15, 01:30 PM
"Guess we've all got Demons to work through."

Leon takes a drag off his cigarette, putting his pistol back in his jacket, exhaling a cloud of smoke, understanding that this isn't going to be a cake walk.

GFawkes
2012-02-15, 01:39 PM
Andrew looks at Leon when he says he's partly spirit. "So you're partly spirit, huh? Mother Luna ain't gonna like that," he chuckles, climbing out of the car.

Tokuhara
2012-02-15, 02:09 PM
Leon smiles at Andrew, taking a drag off his cigarette.

"I've been around for over 2 centuries. If she wanted me to suffer, she could've come up with a more creative solution than sterility, no?"

Leon laughs, amused by his own joke. It was an Uratha who, according to Raven, who taught her how to transcend mortality with the ritual that made her and now himself effectively immortal.

"I kid, but my teacher, Lady Raven, taught me the ritual which allowed me to transcend mortality. Do I regret my decision to be an immortal? Some days, yes. I cannot fall in love, because I cannot have children, I will remain at my current age while my wife ages into dust. If there was a cure, I would most likely do so. 200 years is unnatural. At least most of you guys will not experience the pain I will eternally feel..."

Leon pulls out his pocketwatch, opens it, and cries, seeing the photograph of his parents in the cover. They've been dead for centuries now, but for him, it feels as if they died yesterday. He closes it, then puts it away.

"No sense reminiscing on the past. The time is now, and we have a job to do."

He puts his cigarette out and prepares to try and convince the Promethians to leave peacefully.

Yuki Akuma
2012-02-15, 02:48 PM
"You at least brought it on yourself. I didn't ask to be Inspired." Siobhan says, while taking off the heart-shaped pendant. "Might as well get ready. Inspirational Wand, Set Up!" she shouts, while gesturing with her free hand. There's a sudden pink flash..!

Everyone gets the distinct impression of seeing her suddenly stripped naked by an energy wave, only to have her clothes replaced by a blue-and-pink 'sailor fuku' a moment later. The pendant appears to have transformed into a plastic toy wand...

So, activating my Barrier Suit and my Inspirational Wand. That's 3 Mania, so I'm down to 4/12.

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-02-15, 02:56 PM
"I don't know what being Inspired entails, but I promise, my story's worse. I'll tell it later, if everyone likes. For now, we've got work to do."

Tokuhara
2012-02-15, 02:56 PM
Leon blinks, confused by this odd display. He's been around for centuries, and has never seen anything like this. He regains his composure, wiping his mouth of drool, closing his gaping jaw, and putting on a pair of black sunglasses he hid in his jacket. He smiles, lighting another cigarette, and enjoying his cigarette.

"Hopefully, the others arrive soon."

Strainseir
2012-02-15, 04:35 PM
The priest steps out of the shadows his wings gone smiling a strange toothy grin his teeth as pristine white as his color,"To become what we are we both had to die. One of us centuries ago in fire and rage, the other just months ago to an act of god. The young was forced back into live by the joining of our two souls. We will die again and again until slow aging or insanity takes us."

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-02-15, 04:39 PM
Tom takes a small step back. "It sounds like insanity's already taken you."

Yuki Akuma
2012-02-15, 04:41 PM
Siobhan grins a little bit, twirling her wand idly. "Nothing wrong with a bit of insanity. In moderation, of course. You wouldn't believe what an inspiration a little nuttiness can be..."

Strainseir
2012-02-15, 04:47 PM
The priest looks to the one called Tom,"We have come to realize that our mannerisms are strange to those not gifted by the dead. In this form Geist and Sin-Eater are one."

Kojiro
2012-02-15, 05:19 PM
While the others were driving, Darius was... Walking. At least, for most of the time. A little while before they arrived at their destination, he reached his car. Before getting in, he checks the trunk, then under the back seat, where his hunting rifle is hidden, to ensure that nothing's been taken. Satisfied, he gets into the driver's seat, starting the vehicle; he sends Siobhan a message on his phone, to let her know that he should be there in a few minutes, then starts the vehicle.

It's not something he'd admit to the others, but Darius actually hates driving. At least, driving in a place with other people also driving. To him, it's like a large group of people firing guns around, each person trusting the others to not shoot him. At any moment someone could make a mistake (or, possibly, act deliberately) and send several tons of metal ramming into someone, or through a building, or... Unfortunately, it's the only way to get around quickly, and to move large objects and things you can't carry in the open around, so it had to happen.

Anyway, at least it was late. Very few drivers at this time, and according to those agents people were being routed away from the park anyway. Forcing himself to stop over-analyzing the situation and to focus on the act of driving itself, he pulls out of the parking lot and turns toward the site of the mission.

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-02-15, 05:19 PM
"Two minds, one body. I've met a few changelings like that. Never ends well for 'em." Tom looks around. "Where's Darius? I want to get this done."

Yuki Akuma
2012-02-15, 05:24 PM
Siobhan looks at her phone as she gets the message! "Knowing him, he should be here... right about now?"

Kojiro
2012-02-15, 05:46 PM
Siobhan's estimate is pretty close ; not too long afterwards Darius' car pulls up and, after taking a few seconds to get his rifle out from the back, he steps out of the car. Unlike a Wonder, the rifle is a completely ordinary bolt-action hunting rifle with a scope. Walking up to the group, he looks around, thinking.

"My apologies for being late. Has anyone located the Prometheans yet? Do we have a plan?" His segue from apologizing to business is instantaneous, and he says everything in the same level tone. As earlier, he seems a bit disconnected, slightly robotic. "Fighting is a last resort, but we should be prepared nonetheless. If negotiations go wrong, we need to make sure this first mission isn't also our last."

Strainseir
2012-02-15, 05:48 PM
"If all goes wrong you lot flee. This is a body composed of our will. If it dies little consequence will come to us save the pain of it's destruction."

Yuki Akuma
2012-02-15, 05:50 PM
Siobhan grins at the 'Priest', darkly. "Heh. Yeah, sure. I absolutely activated my super-powerful Prostasia forcefield because I was going to run at the first sign of a fight."

Strainseir
2012-02-15, 06:01 PM
The priest looks to the pink one and smiles softly,"We now step as brothers and sisters onto a battlefield. We have both died once and been returned by the creator with a debt to pay....I cannot allow any in my flock to come to harm... even if it costs my life a second time." he says his voice obviously shifting and becoming just one far softer voice for the last part.

GFawkes
2012-02-15, 06:19 PM
Andrew laughs deeply, growing a few inches, more muscular, and a lot hairier. In a deep voice, he speaks to the priest.

"You really need to get out more. The People are more resilient than you're giving credit for. We are born of Father Wolf and Mother Luna, and guard the barrier between the physical and spiritual worlds. How you slipped through I'll never know. In any case, I'm not giving up the chance for a good tussle."

Now in Dalu (Near-Human) form. -1 Manipulation, and induces Lunacy in mortals as if their Willpower were 4 higher. +1 Strength, +1 Stamina, +2 Health, +1 Size, +1 Speed, +2 on Perception.

Strainseir
2012-02-15, 06:30 PM
The priest looks deeply into the eyes of the wolf,"You keep the spirits of the earth separate from this plain and you guard it well, but you watch the spirits of the living. Our kind are those that speak for the dead. We are those that watch the places your kind does not walk."

Tokuhara
2012-02-15, 06:49 PM
Leon looks to Andrew and the Priest, listening to their arguments.

"I see both the path of the Sin Eater and the Uthara. I have walked both, and see both as moot when the world of the living is in shambles. I say we are better off protecting the living than meddling in the affairs of the dead."

Kojiro
2012-02-15, 07:12 PM
Darius decides to ignore the confrontation in front of him, instead focusing on the mission. "Our best option would be to simply get them to leave; if they wanted to remain near the city, they could make sure to not repeatedly visit the same area and to rest in a different location every day. However, with them staying in the city, they threaten to render it uninhabitable, and in such a public location they could unintentionally spread conflict by just interacting with people; it could even culminate in a riot, which would not be good for anyone. And with how durable they are, a fight with them, even with us outnumbering them, would not be to our favor.

"For dealing with them, while I am not unskilled at negotiation, I believe I would be more useful at a distance. I can watch and listen to the encounter from afar," he says, tapping the side of his goggles, "and if the talk goes poorly I will still be able to hit my targets from such a range. I am also able to avoid detection rather well, so my presence would not be detected until the conflict started, if at all." He then pauses, allowing the others to speak.

Yuki Akuma
2012-02-15, 07:14 PM
Siobhan peers at the Werewolf and Sin-Eater for a while, then sighs and shakes her head. She then pats Darius on the back! "Listen to this guy, he's smart. Smarter than me, even, if you could believe that."

Tokuhara
2012-02-15, 07:51 PM
Leon reopens the door, grabbing several glasses, placing them on the roof of the car. He then grabs a bottle of 200 year old whiskey, and pours some into each glass, then hands them to everybody.

"I never go on a mission without a customary drink. If any of us fall, may our souls reach the hereafter. May our mission succeed, and none fall."

He raises his glass for a toast

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-02-15, 08:49 PM
Tom takes a glass and raises it. "And to the eternal glory of the Courts!" He downs the whisky in one gulp and returns the glass to the roof.

Strainseir
2012-02-15, 08:58 PM
The priest refuses the glass,"This form cannot drink. Though as I was attempting to say though it wold seem we have stepped on toes. If we die then the host body will resurrect the following day." THe priest said with a soft smile. Closing his hand as if to make a fist a weapon appears in it. A mace in the shape of an old celtic cross appears wreathed in a strange spectral flame that glows a pale red light. He then immediately drops to a knee and begins to pray in latin.

Yuki Akuma
2012-02-15, 08:58 PM
Siobhan simply half-raises a hand. "Minor."

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-02-15, 09:04 PM
Tom chuckles. "Don't let that stop you. It's just a bit of alcohol, it won't kill you. Loosen up and enjoy life while you've got it and it's yours to enjoy!" Tom's too-wide grin returns, and he picks up his glass again. "Gimme another hit. If the young lady won't drink, I'll drink twice for her sake."

Croverus
2012-02-15, 09:22 PM
All of you with standard senses will notice the air of the park seems stale and gusts of winds are weak and strained, while the ground seems drained. Dead patches of grass are common and the trees and bushes are losing their leaves. There is no sign of ny animal life.

Tokuhara
2012-02-15, 09:28 PM
"Listen, Siobhan, this may be your last day on Earth. I say enjoy what seconds we have, by enjoying good company. Besides, we'll be the only ones who know, and I don't think anybody will call the fun police on us, so please, have a nip."

Yuki Akuma
2012-02-15, 09:31 PM
Siobhan shakes her head. "No. I'm not going to celebrate what might be my 'last day on Earth'. Because this won't be. Understood?"

Tokuhara
2012-02-15, 09:33 PM
"That's the spirit, girl."

Leon rushes headlong into the Wasteland, throwing caution to the wind, ready to face whatever horrors await.

Strainseir
2012-02-15, 09:37 PM
The priest decides to fly but at walking speed with his unflapping wings.

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-02-15, 09:54 PM
Tom watches Leon g, grin still on his face. "Did something change with him? He seems different than he was before." He glances at the bottle still sitting atop the car. "That bottle's mine when we get back. It's good." With that said, Tom follows Leon into the park.

Yuki Akuma
2012-02-15, 09:55 PM
Siobhan sighs a little bit, glancing at Darius, before following as well!

Kojiro
2012-02-15, 10:17 PM
"Well, I'll be at a distance from the situation, so it probably won't be my last night on Earth. ...But I suppose that's beside the point." He then activates his cloaking device on his wrist, dark green, brown, and gray spreading across his skin and clothes as it blends him in to the environment. Thus appropriately camouflaged, he then sneaks off, heading to the side for cover rather than following behind the group, trying to find a good vantage point to set up and observe the encounter from.

GFawkes
2012-02-15, 10:32 PM
Andrew walks with the group, staying slightly back but close enough to be in striking distance if needed. He constantly sniffs the air, as if trying to find something that just isn't there.

Croverus
2012-02-16, 01:32 AM
Andrew notices the air smells... off. Almost stale. He also can't find any animal scents, but he does pick up on the smell of the Prometheans. Following it will lead the group to a ring of dying trees. A fire is burning in the clearing within and a figure can be seen within the ring of dead trees. voices can be heard but there is no sign of the other promethean. The trees obscure the view of anyone trying to look in. Only when one of you reaches the tree line can you make out a slim man standing beside the fire. He is eerily handsome and wears a button up suade jacket, leaving the front open to expose his muscular form, which seems almost made of marble. He wears black slacks and is barefoot. The man has almost invisible white lines around his neck, wrists, and ankles. Still no sign of the other. The man's blond hair is very stylized and falls over the left side of his face. He doesn't look at the group as they approach, instead taking out a cigarette and lighting it.

Tokuhara
2012-02-16, 02:42 PM
"Need a light, buddy?"

Leon approaches the Promethian, lighter in hand.

Croverus
2012-02-17, 08:29 AM
The man pauses, glancing over at the group. His face is perfect, but he keeps his bangs covering his left eye, even when he turns his head. He smiles, but something about the smile just feels wrong. The teeth are too white, too straight. The lips are sized too perfectly. No real person smiles like that, not without being digitally enhanced. "Thank you, but I prefer to use my own lighter." He pulls his own from an inner pocket. It looks to be made of Ivory, and has 'A&A' carved into it. He lights the cigarette and takes a smooth drag, blowing out a couple rings. "What can I do for all of you." The tnire group feels an uncomfortable sense of attraction towards the promethean, and at the same time each of you is slightly repulsed at the thought. Some of you may choose to be more accepting of the attraction, others even more disgusted.

Yuki Akuma
2012-02-17, 08:31 AM
Siobhan stares at the man for a few moments. She then suddenly shudders, swallowing hard - but whatever that response was, she manages to push it back down. There's a mad glint in her eyes for a moment or two, but it passes...

"Ah. Sir. We have reason to believe you're a Promethean?" You know, other than the horrible feeling of alienness radiating from him. Of course, Siobhan sometimes radiates that too... Siobhan is holding her wand as loosely as possible while still keeping a grip on it, in an attempt to come across as non-threatening.

Croverus
2012-02-17, 08:41 AM
The man focuses on Siobhan and smiles seductively. "My, my, aren't you a cute one. We rarely have a chance to meet such good looking people. You can call me Adonis, and yes, I am a Promethean. I'm guessing some men in suits sent you and your friends?" He takes another long drag on the cigarette, this time blowing out three rings, one inside the other, then blowing out a line through the center of all three.

Strainseir
2012-02-17, 09:50 AM
The priest moves a bit closer to make sure the Promethean can see him. The strange attraction and repulsion is there, but the human side of this combo feels that same sensation about his partner daily,"We do not wish for confrontation. We only as that you choose a different spot far from your current corruption. If necessarily we can provide transportation."

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-02-17, 10:03 AM
Uh huh. Cause this isn't weird or anything. Tom joins the rest of the group in the circle of firelight. "You're right about the suits. They said you've been here for too long, and your wasteland is starting to show. As the ash-thing said, you need to move."

Yuki Akuma
2012-02-17, 10:05 AM
Siobhan stares at Adonis for several moments, before a blush creeps into her features. She quickly busies herself activating and typing into her Holo-puter. "Greek naming scheme continues in subject Promethean, claiming to be named 'Adonis'..." she murmurs to herself.

"Well done Kiyuki!" comes the chirp of the rodent-thing, making Siobhan's eye twitch lightly.

GFawkes
2012-02-17, 11:58 AM
Andrew growls and bares his teeth. He didn't care if this was just a vagrant who couldn't stay in one place. It had to go. Now.

"Yeah, the suits sent us. You can walk away, or be shipped off piece by piece. Your choice."

Tokuhara
2012-02-17, 01:32 PM
Leon is a tad thrown off by the Promethian, and tries to get control.

"Forgive my friend there, he's a tad irrational. I however tend to be more rational. Listen, you and friend's Wastelands are causing all sorts of Chaos in the immediate area. I kindly suggest you and your friend leave the area. I can set you up with a place in the tropics. It was my winter home. Very nice, a private island, plenty of space, lots of oceanfront property, and most importantly, it'd just be you guys."

Croverus
2012-02-17, 02:41 PM
"I understand. Werewolves tend to be like that around my kind. And the tropics do sounds nice, but unfourtanetly we have something important we need to do here and it requires us waiting till tomorrow. And we are very good at waiting. If you have no choice but to force us to move, then you have no choice." Adonis spoke in such a nonchalant manner, but that very last bit was almost a challenge. He hada habit of taking turns locking eyes with each memer of the group, then at one point he raised an eyebrow and turn to look past everyone, past the trees. He smirked and shook his head before finishing off his cigarette. He simply put out the butt in his palm and then pocketted the trash.

Yuki Akuma
2012-02-17, 03:11 PM
Siobhan doesn't meet Adonis' eyes - because she's still looking at her Holo-puter. "And what do you need to do tomorrow?"

Croverus
2012-02-17, 08:44 PM
"Oh we're meeting someone here to kill them. If we moved the they would have a great deal of trouble tracking us down again. We're ready to take our stand and we aren't going to let an agency run by humans divert us from this task, even if they send a group such as yourselves." There is still no sign of theother Promethean, but the fact of his wasteland being preset must mean he's in the area.

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-02-17, 08:53 PM
"That... complicates things a bit. Why are you going to kill this person? And can we convince to not kill this person?"

Tokuhara
2012-02-17, 09:37 PM
"I understand. There's somebody you need to kill. However, it would behoove you to leave before we have to resort to force. I'm not trying to pick a fight, but I don't want to hurt you, should we have to fight."

Leon lights a cigarette, his eyes locked with Adonis' eyes.

Kojiro
2012-02-18, 05:50 AM
Several hundred yards away, Darius is lying prone under a bush, rifle at the ready. While he is having some difficulty in seeing through the trees surrounding the others, his goggles also can amplify specific sounds, so he's been listening in on the conversation while trying to sight-in on the Promethean through his scope. They do not intend to leave... Planning a murder; regardless of target, this has to be stopped. Only one new voice, though... Where is the other? He looks up from his scope for a moment, scanning the area once again, looking for signs of the second Promethean. Doubt this situation will be resolved peacefully...

Yuki Akuma
2012-02-18, 08:18 AM
Siobhan hmmms a little bit. "I'm afraid I can't condone murder, no matter who the target might be." She flips the wand around once, her grip tightening.

Croverus
2012-02-18, 09:56 AM
"Frankly it is none of your business, but it'sbeen nearly 60 years since we had our last chance. I will make her pay for the last time." Adonis takes another cigarette out and lights it. His voice sounds angrier. He locks gazes with Leon. There seems to be a slight flare from the prometheans eyes and everyone suddenly feels a sense of tension, putting everyone on edge. The worst part is the unease is not directed toward Adonis this time but towards eachother. All of you become paranoid of eachother and Adonis smirks, speaking directly to Leon. "You are an immortal, yes? A human that lives forever. Why are you in the company of these mockeries of nature? Your kind have existed long before any other supernatural. They should not be your allies."

Tokuhara
2012-02-18, 12:06 PM
"Seems you have a point. I have been around for 200 years, and they wouldn't be here if not for me. I'll help you, but in return, I need some help "disposing" of the trash."

Leon has slipped into madness, under the persuasive skill of Adonis

Strainseir
2012-02-18, 12:31 PM
The priest looked to the Promethean taking notice of how his ally was being effected and suddenly the cracks of flames erupt and he shouts with the force of his religion,"STOP THIS FOOLISHNESS OR PERISH!" 6 successes

Yuki Akuma
2012-02-18, 04:02 PM
Siobhan frowns a little bit. "Werewolves have been around since literally the dawn of time. The Peerage has sources of Geniuses dating back several thousand years." She does... something with her wand. The head of the wand swivels around, the 'shepherd's crook' shape changing into two prongs. "Idiot."

White energy crackles between the two 'prongs', as she points the wand... at Adonis. She then presses a section of the wand lightly... and a beam of white energy erupts from it!

Doesn't take an action to charge the wand, so... spending 1 Mania to charge said wand. This gives me 20 shots. 1 Mania remaining.

I'm also going to spend a point of Willpower on the roll, so that gives me 15 dice. So I'm down to 4 out of 5 Wilpower.

11[/v] 4 successes. And since it's a firearms attack it doesn't care about his Defense ([s]although if he's wearing armour I'll have to reroll I suppose he was wearing armour. So yeah.).

And I rolled an 11 on Initiative if that matters.

Can you guess what my vice is? :smallwink:

Tokuhara
2012-02-18, 05:41 PM
Leon draws his firearm, aiming it at Siobhan, the sights perfectly lined up

"Sorry to do this, girl. Just business"

Croverus
2012-02-18, 05:42 PM
Right before the beam shoots from her wand, the earth between her and Adonis erupts upwards as the Tammus appears. His skin seems to have a rocky appearance to it. He attempts to intercept the beam and take the hit for Adonis.

Kojiro
2012-02-18, 05:59 PM
Of course. Darius sighs to himself, pulling the rifle into his shoulder. He makes some adjustments to the rifle and slams a round into the chamber, Mania crackling like electricity at his fingers as he does so. Keeping Adonis in his sights, he tenses his finger on the trigger.

Of course, this shot would reveal his location. He wouldn't be able to sneak off if things got too bad after this, and he didn't know what else the Prometheans had up their sleeves. However, if he didn't intervene, he was putting the others in that much more danger. To protect them, and the person the Prometheans were waiting for (and, indirectly, the people who would be corrupted by the Prometheans' Wasteland and any actions of theirs), he had to act now.

With the reanimated horror in his sights, he fired.

Three successes, initiative is 16, mania pool is down to 6/16, Willpower is 3/4 unless the above risking himself for the sake of others counts as "Charity".

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-02-18, 08:27 PM
Tom's lips pull back with a feral hiss. "Leon, put the gun down. Now. Or so help me..." As he says this, Tom drops into an offensive stance, hands raised to strike.

Croverus
2012-02-18, 08:49 PM
The Tammuz takes the beam of energy and grunts, growling at Siobhan. Adonis grunts and looks down at his torso, a large hole now in his ribs. He sighs and looks around for the shooter. His eyes seem to glow slightly as he searches.

Tammuz takes 4 bashing damage, Adonis takes 3 Lethal.

Tokuhara
2012-02-18, 08:50 PM
"What am I going to do... Do I shoot the Promethian, or do I shoot the group I came with... Both make logical points, but I just can't decide..."

Leon lowers the weapon, then opens his pocketwatch, seeing the photo in the lid, tears rolling down his face. The memory of the pain leaves him in his own little world.

Edit: During this, Carlo sees his master standing with a dumbstruck , grabs his shotgun and straps his axe to his back, and rushes to his master's aid. He activates his fetish tattoo, growing a pair of spectral wings, flying 30 feet towards the fray.

Croverus
2012-02-19, 05:05 PM
Adonis stares in Darius's direction and his eyes seem to flare with his pyros. The moment Darius's eyes meet Adonis, even from this distance, both of them will struck motionless. So great will be the success of the power that Darius is unaware of any time passing or what is going on, and won't remember being frozen in place for as long as Adnois holds his gaze. But if Darius can resist the stare he an avoid being frozen by it.

Meanwhile, the Tammuz moves forward towards Siobhan and his large hands alter as they transform into claws. He slashes at her, but is just barely able to find a weak spot in her armor.

Strainseir
2012-02-19, 05:16 PM
The priest charges at the smooth talking Promethean with his burning mace of a cross posed to deliver god's wraith upon this unnatural monster cursing in Latin,"To the depths of hell I banish thee.

13 successes

Tokuhara
2012-02-19, 09:57 PM
Leon, trapped in the depths of despair, smiling to the Priest.

"Tell God to forgive me..."

Leon aims his pistol at Adonis and cracks a shot off at him.

"Everybody! Get the hell out of here!"

Leon shoots Adonis, for 3 successes

Croverus
2012-02-20, 07:55 PM
Adonis takes several pellets from Carlos's shotgun blast, and a bullet from Leon. He manages to keep from stumbling or flinshing and holds his gaze with Darius, so neither of them will be able to take action. The priest swings at the Tammuz with as much strength as he can, but it's hardened skin absorbs most of the blow.

Yuki Akuma
2012-02-20, 08:34 PM
Siobhan grunts a bit as those claws manage to slice past her force-barrier, which sparks pinkish-white at the strike! "Note to self... improve Barrier Suit."

Leon's exclamation gets a smirk. "Run? Not my style. Hey, big guy! Did you think I'd be weak in hand-to-hand, because this is a ranged weapon?" She smacks the blunt end of her staff into the Tammuz's face, almost like a pool cue. "Like I'd be dumb enough not to make this a melee weapon too!"

Spending 1 Willpower. This puts me down to 3 our of 5.

3 successes on the attack roll. It deals bashing damage.

Health:
[x] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

Armor: 5
Defense: 2

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-02-20, 08:58 PM
Seeing that Leon has apparently recovered, Tom turns his attention to Adonis. "I don't know who you want to kill or why, but you've tried to hurt these people, and I do NOT APPROVE." Tom charges at Adonis and swings, his pseudo-claws leaving some minor gashes in the promethean's hide.

2 lethal to Adonis.

Strainseir
2012-02-20, 09:33 PM
The priest grabs his Cross in both hands and swings with nearly reckless abandon but barely catches Tammuz in the shoulder.

Croverus
2012-02-20, 09:38 PM
The Tammuz grunts and absently swings back at the priest, the claws catching him and doing some damage. The Tammuz barely seems bothered by the bludgeoning he's receving from the two. Almost like he is barely interested in the fight. Adonis breaks his gaze from Darius when Tom slashes him, realizing he's actually in some danger of being hurt now. He lets out a tired sigh, looking down at the bullet holes and claw marks.

Adonis moves past Tom and places a hand on the Tammuz. "Enough, we did not wait all these years to be defeated by someone else. Perhaps if we explain better you will understand why we are here."

Strainseir
2012-02-21, 12:35 AM
The priest releases his grip on his weapon and it fades into twilight,"Speak quickly aberration. We came here in peace yet you used powers against us. Drop all defenses and trust we do not swing or continue the fight now."

Yuki Akuma
2012-02-21, 02:24 AM
Siobhan takes a step back, spinning her wand around before bringing it to a vaguely at-ease position. Her grip is still tight on it, though. "I don't care. I'm still willing to let you simply leave, but I don't give a damn about why you're here."

Croverus
2012-02-21, 02:40 AM
The Tammuz lowers his arms, hsi hands returnign to normal, but his flesh maintains its rocky appearance. Adonis sighs. "I did not expect you all to realize I was even the source of altering your friend's feelings, I had not realized you knew eachother well enough to not expect some kind of treachery. We are waiting for someone who needs to die. A mage who was somewhat responsible for both of our deaths and reanimations. And he gave me this." Adonis moves the hair that covered half his face aside, revealing the covered spot was horribly scarred, the eye socket empty. It was a harsh contrast to the rest of his near-perfect physique. "We know he is going to be here, and we plan to kill him to prevent him from causing more danger to this world. If you will not let us face him, at least help us defeat him." The Tammuz merely grunts.

Strainseir
2012-02-21, 02:55 AM
The priest looks rather upset at that statement but not as if he is about to attack,"Had we known, we would not have struck you as if you were some heathen. If your statement is true then we are honorbound to aid you. We were resurrected to battle evil. We will kill the mage if your story is truth."

Yuki Akuma
2012-02-21, 02:57 AM
Siobhan gives the Priest a sidelong glance. "Not what we're here for. And do you honestly think these guys have any hope against a Mage? A person who can rewrite reality by thinking hard?"

The fact that Geniuses are very close to Mages seems to have escaped her.

Croverus
2012-02-21, 03:29 AM
"We knew he would notice our wasteland and he'd at least come to see if it was us. Our setup would be the same, with Atlas here hiding and me trying to talk him into getting close. He's egotistical, and likely would believe I was no threat and get close enough for us to catch him off guard. Even if we failed, he likely would be targetted by others after we've weakened him, as he has several enemies here in the city."

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-02-21, 11:40 AM
Tom relaxes a bit, lowering his hands and partially straightening. "Leon drank with us before we came out here. Between that, and the fact that you point-blank asked why he was working with us tipped me off." He glances over at Siobhan. "I don't know. If this mage has been causing problems, we should probably do something about it anyway. If it'll get these guys to move, then why not? Besides, I've got an idea of how to deal with him if he's really as powerful as you think he is." Tom focuses on the Tammuz. "Do you think you could hold him, maybe carry him if necessary? The mage, I mean."

Yuki Akuma
2012-02-21, 11:45 AM
Siobhan crosses her arms. "I was tipped off by the fact that the moment I start feeling paranoid for no reason - my madness manifests itself as narcissism, thank you very much - and started trying to talk one of us into betraying the rest. 'Genius' isn't only meant in the 'spirit from beyond the physical realm' sense, you know."

She grumps. "I'm almost out of Mania, too..."

Tokuhara
2012-02-21, 12:11 PM
"I'm not of any use against Mages, nor is Carlo. We have an associate who would be far greater aid, and Tom, you should know him. I need to reconsider my choices and probably start going to church again..."

Leon and Carlo turn and leave, as a figure in a flannel shirt approaches, his skin covered in scar tissue from burns, stabs, and the like. He is thin and gaunt, with a scythe strapped to his back and a sawed-off shotgun in his hand. He's about 6'1" with straw-colored hair, covered partially by a trucker baseball cap. He stands beside Tom, and smiles.

"Sorry that Leon couldn't be of more use. Carlo called me before he tried to save Leon. I'll be Leon's replacement. I am Scarecrow, Member of the Leaden Mirror Court and Scarecrow Minister. Y'all can call me Crow."

Strainseir
2012-02-21, 04:41 PM
The priest looks to the to Prometheans and says with a slight smile,"If you have a piece of this mage, a photo of the made, or part of something the mage owns we can find him."

GFawkes
2012-02-21, 05:07 PM
"Hell, even a sample of his blood or something with his scent on it. That'll work just fine." Andrew throws in, beginning to understand things.

Tokuhara
2012-02-21, 06:38 PM
Crow stands beside Tom, listening to the questions.

"Listen. Any information you can give us would help."

His voice is raspy and almost strained, yet his words are soothing to the ear

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-02-23, 09:27 AM
Tom blinks as Leon and Carlo leave. "But... My scotch..." He then shakes his head and focuses back on Adonis. "When's this mage supposed to get here, anyway? And can your buddy hold him or not?"

Yuki Akuma
2012-02-23, 09:29 AM
Siobhan stares at Crow for a while, then summarily ignores him. "Where's Darius when you need him..." She cups her hands around her mouth, and shouts. "HEY! DARIUS! Get your butt over here!"

Tokuhara
2012-02-23, 01:21 PM
Tom blinks as Leon and Carlo leave. "But... My scotch..." He then shakes his head and focuses back on Adonis. "When's this mage supposed to get here, anyway? And can your buddy hold him or not?"

Crow smiles, pulling the bottle from his pocket, being a Higher Quality than Leon's
"I swiped this from the car, Tom Cat. Hope it's to your liking. And you and I are quite similar, so don't fret."

Crow smiles, his teeth looking absolutely flawless for being inside of a tortured face. Almost too perfect. He seems ugly in appearance, but in the same sense handsome, like the ugly dog that you see the charm of its horrid appearance.

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-02-23, 02:23 PM
Tom takes the bottle. "Uh... Thanks."

Croverus
2012-02-23, 02:29 PM
"He'll be arriving right around sunrise, and Atlas should be able to hold the Mage for a few seconds before the snake gathers enough power to throw him off. I will unfourtanetly be unable to directly participate in the fight. Even with healing myself I'll have none of my inner fire to be of much help, and if I conserve my energy myonly chance is if the Mage is foolish enough to not try killing me outright, which he very well could. He cares not about causing paradox, and if any of you have heard of the Maelstrom that nearly wiped outHawaii, that was this man's doing.

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-02-23, 03:14 PM
"I was still... away when that happened, but I think I heard bits about it here and there. How good is Atlas' throwing arm? I want to try throwing your mage into the Hedge. If I use some of these tree branches to make a simple arch, we can break it as soon as he's through and he won't be able to get back out."

Croverus
2012-02-23, 04:46 PM
"You want to send a mage, a bieng you can manipulate reality to his will, into a place where reality can be bent to those with the strongest wills? I'm not sure how well that would turn out for us." The Tammuz nods, seeming to have understood Adonis's implications, but has yet to say much of anything else.

Strainseir
2012-02-23, 05:06 PM
The priest strokes his chin"We can always send him to the underworld. The living are not looked upon well there."

Tokuhara
2012-02-23, 05:54 PM
"I'm with Tom Cat here. Send him to the Faerie, bound and gagged and maybe drop him off on the Conquer Wyrm's front door as a gift from some "Concerned Citizens?" Unless somebody a brighter idea, send 'em to HIS doorstep and call it a job well done."

Crow pats Tom on the shoulder in a friendly manner, then adjusts his shirt.

Yuki Akuma
2012-02-23, 06:15 PM
Siobhan mphs a bit. "It's my understanding that a Mage's magic depends on his soul to function, and the Hedge royally screws with the souls of people who go there. I'd say sending a Mage there would be a good idea."

Tokuhara
2012-02-23, 06:28 PM
"Very good point. Something I would LIKE to forget, thank you very much..."

Crow stares at Siobhan's odd attire, confused by the Magic Girl outfit.

"Any reason for the strange getup, or is it for the fun of it?"

Yuki Akuma
2012-02-23, 06:43 PM
Siobhan crosses her arms. "Why should I tell you? Who the hell are you? Do you work for UNITY?"

Tokuhara
2012-02-23, 06:50 PM
"I'm Scarecrow and am an old friend of Carlo. UNITY filled me in and said they can give me what I want and help me obtain my goal by helping me grease the wheels. I am a member of the Autumn Court and a Scarecrow Minister. Everybody calls me Crow however."

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-02-23, 10:12 PM
Tom chuckles. "These two are right. The Hedge plays merry hell with anyone who doesn't belong there, and even sometimes with those who do. Humans, and by extension therefore mages, definitely don't belong there. However, I'd rather not drop him off all the way in Faerie. Leaving him stranded in the Hedge, forced to wander until he finds a new gate, the Thorns tearing at his flesh and soul, his very presence drawing the attention of all manner of strange beasties... I don't think we'd ever have to worry about him again."

Tokuhara
2012-02-23, 10:24 PM
Crow looks at Tom, saddened by his lack of enthusiasm.

"Where's the fun in that? I say if we are going to make him suffer, I say we drop him off deep in the Faerie, and let the Others have their "fun" with him. Rather them have a Mage to play with than them scoop up an Innocent and make him like us, don't you agree? It's the most logical solution."

For being a Minister, he's a sadistic individual, and not to be made irate.

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-02-23, 11:21 PM
Tom shakes his head. "I can't knowingly, intentionally give someone to Them. No one, no matter how bad they are, deserves that. You wanna find him in the Hedge and lead him to Faerie, that's your business. But I'm washing my hands of the matter once he's through the gate."

Croverus
2012-02-23, 11:37 PM
"Very well, if this Hedge you speak of does to people what you say it can, this idea is sound. For our part, we promise that as soon as we are rid of him we will move away from this area. The buildings around the park are mostly derelect and home to vagabounds and the homeless, so the minor effects ofour wasteland should not be too bad, and will go away a few days after we are gone. Because Atlas and I are of different make, we slow our respective wastelands." Adonis sat down and focused on doing what he could to patch up or dover the several bullet holes and claw marks he had gained. Atlas seems uninclined to bother with the samage he had taken. Bumps and bruises do not inhibit a promethean as it would a more fragile member of the meta-community.

Tokuhara
2012-02-24, 12:12 AM
Crow sighs, deeply saddened by Tom's reluctance to get the job done right.

"No matter how disappointed in you I am, I see I cannot explain to you that by giving him to Them, we would save a life, we'll do things your way. Even though greater good would be done in sacrificing someone to Them so a mortal can walk free, I can see the obvious dangers. Perhaps you and I can go to the goblin market and sell some info on him, maybe lead one of Them to find him and warp his petty Mage mind."

Crow pulls out a cigarette, as to Tom, his mask fades, revealing a terrifying Scarecrow with raven's talons.

"Anybody got a light?"

Kojiro
2012-02-24, 05:17 PM
While the others were first negotiating with the (theoretically) non-hostile Prometheans again, Darius, after recovering from the paralysis and realizing what happened (everyone being in different places and the time being different on his H.U.D. tipped him off), ran off to hide behind a tree and have a brief spell of paranoia. After checking his mental readouts on his goggles, reviewing the scanned data from observing the Prometheans, and mentally lecturing himself for allowing that to happen, he went back to watching the situation, and discovered that now the group was now negotiating with the Prometheans. And that the negotiations were going in a direction he didn't like.

He sighs, standing up, then starts walking down toward the group, deactivating his cloaking device as he goes. Upon getting close, he asks, no one in particular, "Why, exactly, are we planning to lure him to the Hedge, rather than deal with him in a more direct, and less torturous, manner? Also, how will we do that, is also a relevant question, I suppose." He pauses for a moment, thinking. "There are a few other things I would like to ask, too, but those are the most relevant ones. The others can come later."

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-02-24, 05:49 PM
Tom's cheshire cat grin returns once more. "Why? Simply put, it's easiest, it's thorough, and it gives him a chance to learn. How? A number of these trees are close enough together that I can pull a few branches into an arch and open that up. Now, what were those other concerns?"

Kojiro
2012-02-24, 07:24 PM
Darius gives Tom a blank look, obviously thinking about something, before moving on. "Well, how you would get him to follow you in there is something I would like to know, but we'll come back to that. More importantly, I don't think that the Prometheans need to be here for this." He shifts his gaze to the two reanimated beings before continuing. "As the one had said, he wouldn't be able to contribute to a fight, should one break out, and while the other could, I believe that our group would be able to handle him ourselves. While the two of them together slow down each other's Wasteland, the compounded effects of the two is still a threat. As the Wasteland they have already created will not, unfortunately, go away immediately after they leave, if they were to go now, they would stop corrupting the area further, but the bait they created for the mage would remain; we can handle the situation from here. There's no need to ruin more of the city." He stops there, waiting for the others to say what they think about this.

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-02-24, 07:38 PM
"My plan for getting the mage into the Hedge wasn't to have him follow anyone in there. My plan is for Atlas, that's the big one, to grab the mage when he shows up and throw, or toss, or shove, or what-have-you, him through a gate that I make between to trees with their branches crossed. Once the mage is on the other side, I snap the branches, the arch is broken, the gate is closed, and the mage is trapped. Even if he manages to return, he'll be severely weakened and humbled by the experience."

Kojiro
2012-02-24, 08:09 PM
"Well, humility isn't a trait I would expect from a mage, regardless of the circumstances..." He looks at the others, waiting for their input.

Tokuhara
2012-02-24, 08:15 PM
"Tom Cat, the plan is jolly and good, minus that we have two glaring flaws: One, What is Plan B, precisely? and Two, what do we do if something decides to LEAVE the Hedge, precisely?"

Crow turns to Darrius, hearing his voice and laughing.

"So, a second intellectual... Gravy... So what's your story? Too much of a coward to fight?"

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-02-24, 09:18 PM
Tom tilts his head at Crow's questions. "I figured Plan B would be what Plan B always is in situations like this: rampant slaughter. And I'm not planning on leaving the gate open long enough for something to come out, but if something does manage to slip out, we can put it back in, kill it, catch it and sell it at the Market, or just let it go."

Yuki Akuma
2012-02-24, 10:57 PM
Siobhan glowers, and points the business end of her wand right in Crow's face. "He has a rifle and no hand-to-hand combat capability. Why the hell should he be anywhere near the fight? That's not cowardice, that's pragmatism."

Tokuhara
2012-02-24, 11:39 PM
"I already have a face that won't be on the cover of People Magazine, so let's not ruin my mug any further, ok dollface?"

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-02-25, 06:22 AM
"Easy, folks. It's the Disquiet putting us all on edge. Try and save it for mage."

Croverus
2012-02-25, 06:46 AM
"I agree. I can remove myself knowing that you will try to handle the mage. Atlas has not been here as long as I, to be honest. So he can wait till the mage's arrival. If any of you have a wayof hiding him that would help, I am not sure if he can burst up from the ground like before."

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-02-25, 09:37 AM
Tom considers for a moment, his head still tilted. "I might be able to help hide him a bit, once I can see the mage. Atlas, I need you to try to hide behind some brush. Darius, I'm gonna need your help spotting the mage. Once he's in sight, but hasn't seen us, I can try to curse him, convincing nature itself to make his efforts to spot us ahead more difficult."

Tokuhara
2012-02-25, 11:06 AM
Crow smirks

"I'm guessing you and I will set this shin-dig up, correct?"

Kojiro
2012-02-26, 09:32 AM
"The plan for 'Atlas' was to ambush the mage; if he isn't capable of that, then he is just extra muscle, and with Siobhan and Mr. Firbul here, we already have that covered." Looking to the Prometheans, Darius continues, "Our mission here is to remove you from the premises and prevent the spread of the Wasteland. If you want us to help you, then you could help us as well; you're already trusting us to take care of your revenge plot for you, so leaving it to us entirely should not be too much of a stretch for you.

"Meanwhile, on the topic of the Hedge." He shifts his blank gaze to his allies now. "There are a few problems that I see in this plan. It's based too much on chance; he might be tricked into entering, he may eventually escape, it's possible that he will be humbled and change his outlook if he does. The opposite may happen, however. If he were to escape, he may instead be enraged by his experience and be motivated even further to act in a manner that threatens innocents. If he doesn't escape almost immediately, that is; for all we know, the chances of him escaping in a minute, an hour, or a day are equal to those of it taking him a month, year, or decade to do so." Darius takes a moment to adjust his goggles before going on. "Assuming he falls into the trap at all; most Mages are paranoid, so it is highly unlikely that he will simply walk in here. Especially if he happens to notice the gate and recognize its purpose, or manages to detect the presence of entities other than the Prometheans. There are too many variables, so at the least, we need a backup plan. Several backup plans, at that."

He pauses for a moment, having talked more in the past few minutes than he had in the prior week. He considers mentioning something else, but decides against bringing more personal reasons into this discussion.

Tokuhara
2012-02-26, 09:43 AM
"We could always drop a building on him. Maybe a grand piano. Our options are to kill him or send him into the Hedge. One, he remains alive, and the other not so much... Which would you prefer?"

Yuki Akuma
2012-02-26, 09:44 AM
Siobhan sighs a bit. "False dichotomy. There are other options. There are always other options. Just because you're too stupid to think of any doesn't mean there aren't."

Tokuhara
2012-02-26, 09:47 AM
Crow points his double-barreled sawed-off shotgun at Siobhan.

"Call me stupid one more time, and I'll end you. And I won't feel any remorse... Do Not Toy With Me, little girl"

Yuki Akuma
2012-02-26, 10:08 AM
Siobhan stares at Crow as if he's gone crazy, and promptly... bursts out laughing. ["Oh no! The scary Changeling is going to 'end' me! With a shotgun. Yeah, sure. Good luck getting through the forcefield before you get torn apart, pal."

Tokuhara
2012-02-26, 02:39 PM
As Soibhan finishes her taunt, his Mask fades before her, revealing a walking scarecrow: a living nightmare. His flesh melts from his body, leaving only straw and wood behind. His face melts away, leaving a burlap sack with a twisted Jack O'Lantern grin plastered across his face, grinning sadistically from ear to ear. His hands become as a raven's talons and his scent shifts from autumn to decay in a heartbeat.

"Tell me, girl. Are you afraid of the Dark?"

To her and Tom, his voice shifts to a nearly mechanical sound, like gears grinding to form the words that leave his mouth. His mouth doesn't move, adding to the creep factor.

Yuki Akuma
2012-02-26, 03:14 PM
Siobhan tilts her head lightly, looking at the Changeling with a mix of surprise and interest, but no actual fear. "...I fought scarier monsters than you when I was twelve."

She spins her Wand, taking a step backwards. She holds her Wand up to the sky. "I have been blessed by the Light of Inspiration. In memory of Akai Kamen, I have vowed to be a shining light in the darkness, a beacon of Hope in the face of Despair." She spins the Wand again, striking a dramatic pose. "My name is Inspired Kiyuki! And I'm not afraid of the dark!"

Presence + Expression (Dramatic Speeches). 2 successes. Not that I expect it to do anything. Just theatrics. :smallwink:

Tokuhara
2012-02-26, 03:33 PM
Crow's mask reforms, returning to his human form, giving Siobhan a round of applause for her cute little speech, his shotgun now slung over his shoulder.

"Very cute, little girl... I'm amused. You have earned my respect. Most run in terror of my true appearance, but you stood your ground. I must say, you are either brave or insane. I like that about you. Do me a favor, dollface, try and not get killed? I always need some joy in my life."

Crow smiles similar to Gin Ichimaru from Bleach, which with his face looks particularly strange.

Strainseir
2012-02-26, 05:44 PM
The priest looks at the changeling oddly,"That was to inspire fear? And more importantly a weak attempt to cause your own 'ally' to run from you? Do not attempt that again or We will come to blows."

Yuki Akuma
2012-02-26, 05:45 PM
"Yeah, whatever," is Siobhan's reply, as her waves a hand over her Holo-puter, conjuring up that holographic screen again. "You guys work out what we're going to do. If we vote on the Hedge thing, I abstain."

She sits down on the floor. "Gonna see if I can think myself up some Mania before whatever happens happens..." And she begins to... type? That's an odd way of restoring supernatural energy.

Research! I'll gain one Mania per hour. If we even have that long, I have no idea.

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-02-26, 05:57 PM
Tom sighs, his irritation growing. "Can we try and focus, instead of arguing amongst ourselves, for five minutes? Please? So far, we've had suggestions of trapping him in the Hedge, trapping him in the underworld, and killing him outright. None of these have sat well with all of us, so does anybody have any other suggestions? Siobhan, Darius, you two are the biggest objectors to the Hedge plan, and I presume you'd have similar qualms about the underworld. What would you have us do?"

Yuki Akuma
2012-02-26, 06:04 PM
"Talk to him," Siobhan offers, distractedly.

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-02-26, 06:35 PM
"Alright then. Darius? Your suggestion?"

Kojiro
2012-02-27, 12:33 AM
"First, we should not go beyond what is necessary; if we can capture him without violence, we should. If we have to fight, we don't kill him unless necessary, we don't inflict unnecessary pain or suffering. We're supposed to be professionals. Even if you don't care about ethics, I, personally, would like to hold on to what remains of my fleeting humanity, and I doubt I'm the only one. Secondly, we need backup plans. Not just one, but several general, adaptable plans for multiple situations. What to do if he attacks, flees, and so on. If this person is as dangerous as stated, then we want to be prepared, and we don't want him to get away. Capturing him, luring him to UNITY, or if necessary hurting or killing him, we have to guarantee that he is stopped."

GFawkes
2012-02-27, 12:36 AM
"If he attacks, I can easily respond by showing him what made him tick."

Tokuhara
2012-02-27, 08:43 PM
"Hmmm... Anybody got any cocaine? Just hear me out. What if Darius uses his cloaking thingy to plant drugs on the guy, the Siobhan calls 911 and he get's locked up in jail for a while."

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-02-27, 09:05 PM
"Yes, because I'm sure a mundane prison will be more than adequate to contain a being who can rearrange reality by thinking. A human prison couldn't hold either of us; what makes you think it could hold a mage?" Tom turns back to Darius. "My only issue with simple capture is that I doubt we can do that, at least not without injuring him. I don't have any special restraining powers, so unless you do, we'll have to fight him if we want to capture him alive."

Tokuhara
2012-02-27, 10:27 PM
"I say Darius sticks a live grenade in the guy's pocket and call it a day"

Kojiro
2012-02-27, 10:49 PM
"Actually, I was thinking of something like luring him somewhere that he would not be able to act. An area with insulation against magic, a place where a UNITY anti-Mage team is assembled, or simply somewhere one of us is lying in wait to incapacitate him before he can respond. We don't necessarily have to be nice, we just don't need to be cruel about this. We don't want to put ourselves on the path to ending up like the person we're fighting.

"Also, regardless of whether or not I'd agree with that plan, I don't believe any of us actually have any grenades. I doubt we can buy any at this hour, either. Among other problems with their acquisition."

Tokuhara
2012-02-27, 11:46 PM
"Can't Inspired jury-rig a grenade from a soda, a tin can, abrasion cleaner, and turpentine?"

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-02-28, 12:06 AM
"That'd give you something closer to a molotov cocktail, if I'm remembering the half a year of high school chemistry I took correctly. Anyway, we'd need to reach a UNITY facility to even have a chance of getting him into an anti-magic field, and I'd rather stay away from those if I can. No telling how they'd react with my Wyrd. From the sound of things, we can safely agree that our first step should be to ambush him and knock him out, yes? And then we can bring him to UNITY, or throw him into the Hedge, or just kill him ourselves, depending on how much trouble he is?"

Croverus
2012-02-28, 12:14 AM
Adonis looks to Atlas, and they seem to share a wordless conversation for a brief moment. "My wasteland will be getting worse if I linger any longer. I am heading up to a location Atlas and myself agreed to meet should we get seperated. He knows the number to call my cell phone should you need me for anything. He is a being of few words. He has atleast another half day before his wasteland worsens, and the mage will arrive before them if my calculations are correct. Could luck to you." With that he makes his way out of the Park, hand in his pockets, and he covers up his wounds as best he can while spending a little of his energy to hide the damge he's recieved. Atlas stands silently, watching you all as you continue discussing what to do with the mage, who will likely arrive at the park within a few hours.

Strainseir
2012-02-28, 12:19 AM
"The most logical and beneficial course is to kill him. One willing to abuse his powers to kill a mortal than return that mortal forcibly from death's embrace into an abomination, no offense, I cannot abide to live."

Kojiro
2012-02-28, 02:35 AM
"I can make wonders anywhere, with my tools and my skills at finding materials, but I have not studied the proper Axioms to make instruments of destruction; I have no interest in catastrophe," Darius explains. "Siobhan, meanwhile, has studied those areas, but we are not in her lab right now, and she's not the sort to dig through the garbage for materials. She has a bit more class than a recluse like myself.

"As for the mage, I still cannot advocate killing him unless it becomes necessary. If it's a must to keep him from harming us or others, then it must be done, but I will not be part of killing someone who is no threat to us. Now, we should finish planning; I have research to do before our friend arrives."

Croverus
2012-02-28, 03:18 AM
When the comment on 'making an abomination' coems up, Atlas just shrugs and holds up seven fingers. He might be trying to indicate that the mage is responsible for seven Prometheans, at least as far as Atlas is aware of.

Yuki Akuma
2012-02-28, 04:28 AM
"Katastrofi, Darius," Siobhan says, distractedly. "You want him knocked out? I can knock him out."

So. How many hours?

Kojiro
2012-02-28, 04:53 AM
Darius raises an eyebrow, wondering what Siobhan is doing that has her so distracted. Then he remembers that his goggles cover his eyebrows and that the gesture is meaningless, and looks back to the group. "So. Let us plan."

Yuki Akuma
2012-02-28, 06:20 AM
After a while - two hours, apparently - Siobhan turns her Holo-puter off, then stands up. "Mmmh... I have an idea. I can't really build something that'd kill him... I'm not good enough at that, and I'm not sure I'd want to, anyway. But... I think I should be able to make something to immobilise him..."

She looks around. "We'll only have one shot... But if we can bind him up in some sort of gunk, he should be easier to deal with, right?"

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-02-28, 07:15 AM
"It certainly should. Barring some ability on his part to cast spells without moving, anything that immobilizes him gives us the advantage."

Kojiro
2012-02-28, 07:54 AM
Darius looks up from some tools he'd been tinkering with, thinking. "That could work. Depending on how effective it is, it could negate the need to fight altogether; if not, it should at least give us a great advantage." He stands up from where he was sitting, closing his tool case. "In fact, I could help with this; depending on what you build, I could create some integrated components to automate or remote control the device, instead of something we would have to aim or throw at him and that he would see coming.

"After he is immobilized, then, the stronger members of our team could get out of hiding and overpower him. Of course, we would also need a distraction and a way to lure him to the location he needs to be; either someone to speak with him without fear and who could convince him of whatever we need until we're ready to trigger the device, or who could avoid and survive his spells and get him into position. I could assist in this, but depending on exactly what we build, my focus may be required in controlling it instead, so at least one or two other people would be needed for that." He pauses, looking over the group. "So, what do you think?"

Yuki Akuma
2012-02-28, 09:16 AM
Siobhan hmmms a little bit. "Hmmm... Perhaps some sort of mine, then... I can disguise it, make it look like just a bump in the ground..." She's grinning a little bit. She nods her head, once, twice. "Hai, hai. Ikimashou ka?"

Oh dear. She's switched to Japanese.

For the sake of Darius' Universal Translator, that's "Yes, yes. Shall we go?"

Croverus
2012-02-28, 10:38 AM
Siobhan's wrist computer spazzes for a moment and a holographic rodent shouts random japanese, apparently being triggered by her excited mood.

Darius's goggles suddenly seem to go crazy with reading as several spirits suddenly manifest in the area. They are only visible to those that can see spirits. They seem to collect around the Sin Eater, whispering something.

For Darius
Everyone becomes more terrifying in appearance through your goggles, the changelings masks fade, the wereowolf appears in war form, the sin eater seems terrifying. The ghosts all look to you as if they are rotten and badly damaged, and all have one eye staring at you. Roll the fault.

For Priest (no supernatural sense will help hear this)
Only you can hear what they are saying. Even supernatural enhanced senses won't pick up on this. "Justice... justice... we seek justice... avenge us... kill him.. he's coming... he killed us... free us... FREE US... FREE US!! FREE US SIN EATER!!!!!

Tokuhara
2012-02-28, 10:49 AM
Crow smiles, as the group FINALLY gets direction. He pops the shotgun open with a flick of his wrist, loading one Wildcat round and one Incendiary shotgun round, then reaches into his pocket for a mask. The mask appears to all but Tom as a cheap dollar store rubber Halloween mask of a Frankenstein-like creature, made from the kind of cheap rubber that isn't worth buying.

Wildcat rounds are Buckshot behind Birdshot and are a homemade round. For rules, combine both's properties. I have grabbed my Bugbear's Mask token, and costs me its daily use and temporary Narcissism, I can choose a single target and my mask forms to create their deepest, darkest fear. I have already paid off the Catch.

Kojiro
2012-02-28, 11:47 AM
Darius nods to Siobhan, picking up his case, looking at the group, and...

He blinks, nonplussed. After a few seconds, he raises a hand, then points, first at Daniel, then at Andrew. "You. And you. Handle this. You," he moves his finger to Tom, "figure out a way to distract, lure, or convince the mage and to get him to where he needs to be when the time comes. And you," he finishes, turning to Crow. "Keep an eye on the Promethean, help the others if necessary. And repeat to yourself, 'I won't shoot anyone unless I have to.' If you have to ask if you have to, then you don't have to. I will be back in an hour."

He then turns away and begins walking after Siobhan. If he's going to build, then first he needs materials, such as wires and a circuit board. He picks up the pace, pulling a screwdriver out of a pocket; his car doesn't need that radio...

Yuki Akuma
2012-02-28, 11:49 AM
Siobhan, meanwhile... starts doing odd things. Like picking up rocks, stripping twigs off of branches... She's muttering to herself in Japanese about 'symbolism' and stuff like that. It's difficult to work out if she believes anything she's saying.

GFawkes
2012-02-28, 12:01 PM
"Handle what exactly? There's no one here but us, and I don't plan on killing any of you" Andrew replies, before feeling the hair on the back of his neck tingle, catching glimpses of shadows where they should not be, and getting that uncomfortable feeling of being watched. "Oh? Looks like we aren't as alone as I thought."

There isn't much I can do about ghosts. If there's something strange in the neighborhood, call someone else.

Tokuhara
2012-02-28, 01:09 PM
Crow grumbles, wiping the barrels with a rag, looking at Darius

"Who died and made you emperor? I can handle myself in a fight as well as anyone here. Why am I stuck with the grunt work? Why not the priest? He seems most qualified to babysit the Promethians.

Strainseir
2012-02-29, 12:08 AM
The priest looks to the restless spirits and reaches a hand out to them which would look like he is reaching out to open air,"Name to us the soul that must be torn from the mortal coil, but be warned. Should you make attempt at falsehood we shall see each of you to oblivion.

Kojiro
2012-02-29, 09:41 AM
Leaning in through the driver's side door and dismantling his car's radio, Darius responds to Crow. "The priest can see ghosts. You cannot. There are ghosts here, by the way. That is probably rather important." Pulling himself out of the car, he now has an armful of wires, electronics, and plastic. "The werewolf likewise has some spiritual connection, I believe, although I am not familiar with the specifics; if he cannot help with the ghosts, then you can ask him to keep an eye on the Promethean instead. You could help the feline with planning for the mage's arrival and what to do when he arrives and such. In fact, the three of you should probably discuss that." He walks over to a park table and sets his materials down there, not bothering to organize them.

Leaning over the table and examining various parts, he continues, "Meanwhile, I am taking charge because we are on a deadline, and some organization will increase our chances of actually being ready when the time comes. If you wish to be leader, then you are welcome to try; I only care about getting this done properly." Standing straight up now, he looks around. After a moment, he begins walking for an alleyway across a nearby street, fiddling with a pair of calipers as he walks.

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-03-01, 09:09 AM
Tom nods, as his grin appears. "Yeah, I think I can do that. Though there is the slight problem of not knowing where he'll be coming from. Though I have an idea to help alleviate that."

Tokuhara
2012-03-06, 11:30 AM
"I think Darius is making a scientific wild *** guess to where the mage is coming from, but Tom Cat, I'll stick with you and lend you my Glamour, if you need it."

Crow twirls the shotgun with one hand, his barrels catching ambient light.

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-03-06, 12:24 PM
"I appreciate it. My contract didn't work, but I can see hear in the firelight just fine. So I guess our first step should be making sure he sees the fire. I'm banking on him being as haughty as Adonis said he would be, so he'll come here to gloat before destroying anyone. Then again, I don't know what mages are capable of, so these ghosts may have something to with him. Acting as heralds or spies, maybe. Anyway, I want you to build up the fire first. Get the flames really high and bright. Then help me keep a watch for the mage. When you see him, let me know, and I'll sneak over and convince him to follow me. Daniel, Andrew, I need you two to feel something. Something strong. Love, joy, anger, I don't care, as long as you can feel it. I'll need glamour."

Tokuhara
2012-03-06, 12:38 PM
"Fear could work for both of our needs. It's a strong emotion, and I thrive off of fear. Mutual benefits.

Crow gathers some kindling, setting them in plain sight.

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-03-06, 09:02 PM
Tom's eyes glow for a brief moment, and then look even more like a cat's, the irises widening impossibly. He stalks to the edge of the firelight. "I've never much cared for the taste of fear, personally. Something about it always brings back flashes of Arcadia, though I can't pin down why." Tom scans the horizon, watching for the mage.

So, after two attempts, my contract activates, leaving Tom with 2 Glamour for use with other contracts. Man I hope things don't go south. Anyway, 1 success on a perception roll to keep a watch for the mage, Siobhan, and Darius. A cat's nightvision applies, courtesy of the contract, so darkness should be of little help to the mage.

Tokuhara
2012-03-07, 04:55 PM
Crow sits on the bench, cracking open a beer, relaxing.

"Fear is such a succulent taste. It's sweet, yet savory. It's a pleasure to behold a man who experiences true fear. The flavor is so rich that it coats the tongue with a stimulation unlike any other. I say revel in fear, since we are little more than dust in the wind. Remember: the best trap is a simple trap in a dark corner of the mind, and their nightmares catch up with them."

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-03-07, 05:50 PM
"I'm more partial to desire and it's relations. That pure, aching need that people have, especially when you tease them with what they want... It's like a finely-aged wine, a symphony of flavor, scent, even texture. No two desires ever taste the same, either. The girl who simply wants to get over the boy who dated her for three years, got her to fall for him, took her innocence, and then smashed it when she came home to see him banging her best friend. Sure, you could just drink the sorrow, but where's the fun in that, when you can get her talking, and find out what she really wants, what she needs, and then hint that maybe, just maybe, you can help. Keep leading her for a while, and wait for the desire to build and grow, and just before it becomes desperation, you give in, and drink your fill. Or the guy who wants a new car. He's wanted it for years, has been trying to save for it, but he keeps getting hit with setbacks. You don't even have to do any prep-work on him, just show him an ad for the car, and feel the desire flow off of him, mixed with just a hint of anger at the world that seems determined to keep him from getting what's his. Delectable." Tom continues scanning the horizon, and also starts stacking the wood on the fire, the better to get it nice and high and visible.

Tokuhara
2012-03-07, 11:00 PM
"Tom Cat, I'll drink to that."

Crow lifts his beer and takes a swig.

Yuki Akuma
2012-03-08, 09:26 AM
Siobhan has taken her supplies to a park bench. They're made of assorted plant matter, some rocks, a few bits of random trash... There's quite a lot of stuff she's managed to scrounge up in the park.

She's pulping some of the plant material, twisting some wood and plastic into crude tube shapes...

Kitbashing! Spending 1 Willpower and 1 Mania to make sure I don't fail.

And I get 4 successes, so...

It has a Fault, of course, but I don't get to know what it is because this is kitbashed! Also, still waiting on Darius' firing mechanism.

Kojiro
2012-03-08, 04:37 PM
Not long after Yuki sits down, Darius returns from across the street. He's carrying an old microwave, turned opening-up and with the lid open, the inside filled with even more junk; old toys, bits and pieces of household appliances, a discarded cell phone... Setting the microwave down next to the remains of his car radio, Darius sits down and goes to work. Despite the apparent low quality of all his materials (which are, basically, trash), he carefully and fastidiously measures and examines each piece, handling them as if they were made of fine glass, systematically dismantling the items to get the parts he needs. He seems to be almost oblivious to all external stimuli, completely engrossed in the process of construction.

Yuki Akuma
2012-03-08, 04:46 PM
Siobhan continues her work, mumbling in Japanese now and then, although it isn't really intelligible even if you speak Japanese. The construction looks... crude, but it also has an odd sort of otherness about it. Even though mostly it's starting to resemble a tube connected to a bag filled with gooey plant pulp.

Siobhan doesn't really seem to have to even communicate with Darius when it comes to the time to hook the things together...

Croverus
2012-03-13, 04:52 PM
Time ticks by, the sky begins to lighten. The sun will be rising soon and the arrival of the mage is nearing. Atlas spends the whole time standing motionless. He doesn't really breath or blink, and if you all had not been fighting with him not too long ago, he could easilly be mistaken for a statue. Last minute preperations should be completed soon.

Strainseir
2012-03-13, 05:05 PM
The priest pops u[p and gases off into the distance a look of anger and disgust on his ever burning face,"The mage is close... he is coming... he dies!"

Strainseir
2012-03-13, 05:08 PM
The priest then Immediately Pops out of this plane and into the twilight planning to appear behind the mage and smite him upon the head.

one plasm spent

Kojiro
2012-03-13, 11:26 PM
Not too long after Siobhan finishes her device, Darius puts the final touches on his own. Unlike hers, his is made up of entirely inorganic parts, with metal, plastic, circuits, and wires. Despite its meticulous construction, it has a somewhat rough look to it, lacking the sleek metal covering of his wonders seen thus far; it is basically a framework and the electrical innards, no polished metal and glass to decorate it. It has a flat base, three small "legs" that can either dig into the ground or pin it to the trunk of a tree or a similar mounting place, a small lens (presumably from the phone or another dismantled piece of electronics) for locating the target, and a set of small arms for holding and aiming Siobhan's weapon. The entire device is not much larger than his tool case. After removing a cable running from it to something hidden inside his coat, Darius works with Siobhan to mount the glue weapon, then looks around for a place to hide the device.

The wonder works in a rather simple manner: Darius has downloaded the scanned data from the entire party, plus the Prometheans, into it. When someone it does not recognize comes into range (it can't see the ghosts or anything so that's not a problem; likewise Darius extracted enough data to prevent it from firing on the shapeshifters), it will then fire Siobhan's weapon. The device itself doesn't need any mania to work, being a trigger for another construction than a full-fledged wonder of its own, but Darius put a point of mania into it so it can activate the weapon, which does need mania, so that's already taken care of.

Tokuhara
2012-03-14, 05:01 PM
Crow finishes his beer, crushing it on his forehead, then grabs his scythe, reattaching it to his back. He grips his mask, ready to use the mask and put the mage in a stupor of fear. He grips his shotgun stock, ready for a probable bloody and grueling battle.

"Tom Cat. You ready with the archway?"

ToySoldierCPlus
2012-03-14, 05:14 PM
Tom sniffs and straightens. "If Darius and Siobhan come through, we won't need one. But, just in case..." Tom grabs one of the sticks next to the fire and balances it between two trees. "As long as that doesn't get knocked loose, we've got our first back-up plan. Now every except Atlas hide." With that, Tom ducks down into some the underbrush, doing his best to hide.

Which apparently is not very good. Oh well.

Croverus
2012-03-14, 06:48 PM
Atlas looks at the rising sun, standing beside the fire in clear sight of anyone that approached the small grove. He glanced at the two geniuses, waiting for them to set up their devices and hide, and would mull over the embers of the fire, pretending he was not on full alert.