PDA

View Full Version : Yu-Gi-Oh! ITP Spring (almost) Tournament IC

dragonsamurai77
2012-02-13, 02:43 PM
Cairo, Egypt

As the sun rises, the Pharaoh and his advisers prepare to receive their guests. The tournament invitations were sent across the world several months ago, and the list of participants was eventually narrowed down to just eight. The first had already arrived, the mysterious Sainubu, clad in a hooded purple cloak. Now, all that remains is for the other seven competitors to arrive.

Mistral
2012-02-13, 03:19 PM
The second of the contestants entered the prepared grounds, openly gaping at the tall stone arches and the arena with millenia of history. She brushed a hint of sand off her pants leg, then touched her bright pink duel disc lightly, withdrawing the folded invitation from where it rested on top of her deck. "Looks like I'm second here," she says with a nod to the silent Sainubu. "I'm Margaret Boyd. Do I just give these to you?"

dragonsamurai77
2012-02-13, 03:22 PM
Please, allow me, said the Pharaoh, walking over. Maragaret Boyd. Everything checks out, I am glad you could make it.

CoreBrute23
2012-02-13, 07:41 PM
With a thump, an armored figure simply falls from the sky, before landing in a crouch. He glanced up as a powerful roar could be heard from the sky, before the flying figure disappeared.

I would rather have come more inconspicuous, but the letter was addressed to Shadow Kamen Rider Dusk, not Mitchell. So better go all out. He thought. His deck was hidden in his gauntlet, but could extend at a moment's notice.

When he sees the purple cloaked man in front of the arch he bows, before handing his invitation. "You were expecting me? If it's not an issue I travel light." He then extends his hand to the side, as a duffel bag suddenly lands in it from above.

dragonsamurai77
2012-02-13, 07:47 PM
Not at all. We are pleased to offer you the full extent of Egypt's hospitality while you are here for this tournament. Also, you may want to advice your machine to take a different route, I'm afraid the Watts and their liege Zaborg are in the direction that it's heading, and I wouldn't want it to accidentally short out.

CoreBrute23
2012-02-13, 08:09 PM
"I wouldn't worry about him." As he said that, a dark ball of energy dropped down from the sky, melding with his gauntlet, containing the duel disk. "He's right where he belongs.

"So have you invited a lot of superheroes to this tournament?" He asked, carrying his bag across his shoulder casually.

dragonsamurai77
2012-02-13, 08:39 PM
Probably not by your definition, but yes. Have you ever heard of the Museum? I was captured there, very early on, and I still don't know exactly what their plans were, but I know this much. The Exarchs of Exodia, my own troops, even the Dark World. All were heroes in my eyes, fighting against the corrupted curators. That, in fact, is why I started this tournament, to bring us all closer in case something else ever threatens our entire world.

Shadow_Elf
2012-02-13, 09:12 PM
A door appears in the wall. Someone walks out of the door, and it vanishes behind him. He has on a blue waistcoat, dark, thick rims with no lenses and golden sandals. Basically, he looks like an aging fat hipster in an incongruous waistcoat. Despite his not inconsiderable girth, the man is handsome enough and bears himself gracefully. From his voluminous sleeve, he procures a letter. Introducing fabulous self as Savos Talient, most appreciative representative of organization known as the Archers, once Exarchs of Exodia. I hope most strongly that delights here match those that emerge from Proud Mary's kitchen, he says, handing his group's invite to the Pharaoh before making a beeline for the buffet. Shadow and others send regards most heartfelt, kind Pharaoh, he throws over his shoulder just before the first of what is to be many pastries vanishes into his mouth.

dragonsamurai77
2012-02-13, 09:17 PM
((Everyone has chosen a purple so far. I even planned for Sainubu to talk in purple. This is bizarre.))

Someone, please tell the servants to speed food production. It looks like we'll need it.

Blue Ghost
2012-02-13, 11:08 PM
(Navy is kinda purplish, but not really...)

The fifth contestant, a black-haired, grim-faced woman clad in a flowing blue robe, enters the arena. It is good to be dueling in Egypt again, after what happened here the previous year. She looks around at the assembled duelists. I am Isca Clearwater, and I am honored to participate in this tournament.

Mercenary Pen
2012-02-14, 01:18 AM
Colonel Tenzou entered somewhat apprehensively, his mind realising that this nation had as much history as his own, and that he understood very little of that history.

"I see there are but a select few of us here. This should be a challenge."

CoreBrute23
2012-02-14, 05:35 AM
OOC: How about I switch to Bold?

IC: "There are only 8 contestants if I remember the invite sir." He said, addressing the Colonel. Then he turned back to the Pharoah. "Museum? I heard a little bit about that-last I heard there was some lava monster was trapped there. I never heard how you escaped."

Strategos
2012-02-14, 06:08 AM
"Because where magic and godlike power failed to make an impact, the boundless courage of one young lady who risked her own hard-won freedom for ours succeeded." Kanna says as she approaches the group looking as out of place as ever in her garish pink and green leather outfit. "I was hoping to see her here honestly, I would like to have apologised for not doing anything to help. I was afraid; but I'm sure everyone was, so that's no excuse." She sighs and shrugs her shoulders. "Pid fryd'c tuha ec tuha." The light reflects off her goggles, as she looks at the sunrise. "I like this place. It reminds me of Home..."

Mistral
2012-02-14, 11:39 AM
OOC: It's alright, CoreBrute23. I'll switch color; Purple suits Rider Dusk, but Margaretha doesn't have a set color yet.

Hmmm. The Exarchs, the Circle, and several other power players. It's just as they said to expect. Margaret smiles brightly, giving no sign of her inner thoughts. "Really? Sounds like an interesting person. So, where's your home, Kanna? I'm something of a connoisseur of languages, but I'll admit, I've never quite heard your accent before."

Strategos
2012-02-14, 04:56 PM
"Oh, um... It's not on this world at all. It's a long story, and I'm not entirely sure how much I'm allowed to tell. But in short I'm stuck here now. It's not all bad though. You don't have to worry about a massive, millennia old creature randomly showing up to your island destroying everyone and everything in it's wake. Your machina is top notch and your not afraid to use it to it's full potential, and Duel Monsters is much more exciting to watch than blitzball is. And Duel Monsters is why we're here, right?" She says with a nervous laugh. Unsubtly trying to change the subject.

dragonsamurai77
2012-02-14, 05:14 PM
Indeed. Besides, while on Egyptian soil, we are virtually invincible. So long as you are here, under our protection, you have nothing to fear.

theterran
2012-02-16, 10:24 AM
A harsh wind sweeps across the desert, a shadow seems to follow this wind, though there is no form with this shadow. As the wind approaches the gathered contestants, it slows to a soft breeze as the shadow grows.

Slowly, a man emerges from the shadow, wrapped in a cloak.

"Whew, that's certainly one way to travel..." the man comments more to himself than to anyone else as he unfurls his cloak. Once unfurled, the man begins scanning the small crowd for anyone whom might appear as the tournament coordinator.

dragonsamurai77
2012-02-17, 12:26 PM
Now that everyone is here, I am pleased to announce the first round!

Kamen Dusk will face Colonel Tenzou.
Sainubu will face Isca Clearwater.
Our cloaked newcomer will face Savos Talient.
And, of course, that leaves Kanna to face Margaret Boyd.

Remember that this is a best two out of three match, and good luck to all of you!

((Feel free to set up your topics however you want.))

Mistral
2012-02-17, 12:51 PM
Margaret raises a clasped hand to her chest, turning slightly self-consciously. "Ah, that's a terrible slip." She glances at Kanna. "Well, let's continue our conversation elsewhere. We're here to duel, so duel we shall."

OOC: Thread here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12738479#post12738479). Nice Freudian slip there, even if it completely skews the original meaning behind this character's name.

dragonsamurai77
2012-02-17, 01:12 PM
I do so apologize, it seems there was an error on the paper.

((Sorry about that, I don't always check what I type.))

Mercenary Pen
2012-02-17, 06:35 PM
(OOC: CoreBrute, our thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12740352#post12740352) is up)

Colonel Tenzou stepped forward to face his opponent, his face stern with grim purpose as he looked upon the vigilante before him.

Shadow_Elf
2012-02-17, 07:50 PM
[OOC: Thread made for us here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12740753#post12740753), theterran. Good luck!]

Blue Ghost
2012-02-17, 08:04 PM
Isca nods as she draws her crystal Duel Disk. Sainubu, is it? May the best duelist win.

dragonsamurai77
2012-02-17, 08:06 PM
Isca nods as she draws her crystal Duel Disk. Sainubu, is it? May the best duelist win.

((Forgot to link to our thread, here it is: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233163))

Blue Ghost
2012-02-17, 08:10 PM
((Forgot to link to our thread, here it is: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233163))

Ack, I had just made a thread. We'll follow yours then.

theterran
2012-02-17, 10:59 PM
"Huh, no time for introductions, very well..." says the man to himself as he shuffles off toward his dueling area.

Mercenary Pen
2012-02-23, 07:06 AM
Colonel Tenzou stepped back, returning his deck to his pocket as he claimed the victory in his match against Kamen Dusk.

CoreBrute23
2012-02-23, 07:12 AM
The mechanical duel disk disappeared into his armor, and Mitchel followed the commander, waiting to find out what was next to occur in the tournament. Even if he couldn't compete anymore, he wanted to see the rest of the tournament.

Mistral
2012-02-23, 10:31 AM
Margaret Boyd returned from her duel as well, victorious. Calmly, she looked over at Colonel Tenzou, nodding slightly in acknowledgment. The soldier might be a challenge in raw strength, but we'll have to see how well he can adapt.

Blue Ghost
2012-02-24, 12:06 AM
Isca emerges from the library of Alexandria, her spirits lifted by her victory over Sainubu. She flips through her deck, preparing scenarios for her next duel.

Shadow_Elf
2012-02-24, 12:12 AM
Savos Talient returns cheery and effervescent as ever. Most fabulous self must admit defeat at hands of noble opponent. Bring on the next round, says I! A chance to redeem most magnificent honour is due!

dragonsamurai77
2012-02-24, 12:22 AM
Excellent duels, all of you! I am pleased to announce that the second round pairings are now ready. Remember, if you lose again, you're out, but please feel free to stay for the whole tournament. Without further interruption:

Kamen Dusk vs. Isca Clearwater
Savos Talient vs. Colonel Tenzou
Sainubu vs. Kanna
Ian Dustwalker vs. Margaret Boyd

I expect to see duels just as good, if not better, then the first round. Now, off you go.

Blue Ghost
2012-02-24, 12:33 AM
Isca is ready and departs to the arena for her next duel.

OOC: Thread here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12780327#post12780327)

Mistral
2012-02-24, 10:42 AM
Margaret nods at her next opponent. "Then, let's go."

OOC: Link present here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12782275).

Mercenary Pen
2012-02-24, 07:18 PM
Colonel Tenzou snapped upright instantly, almost standing to attention as the new pairings were called.

"If you would care to join me, Savos-san"

Edit: (OOC: It would help if I actually posted the link to the thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12785035#post12785035))

Strategos
2012-02-27, 08:38 PM
Kanna originally missed the announcement, busy reassembling her duel-disc. After she put the finishing touches on it she looks up, embarrassed. "Oh, I am so sorry about that. Should we get started now?"

((Ooc: Sorry about the wait :smallredface: I've made our thread here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12802435#post12802435).))

theterran
2012-03-02, 08:03 AM
From the shadows Ian emerges. Without a word he sits down in the shade and waits for the other duelists to return from their respective duels.

Blue Ghost
2012-03-02, 11:12 PM
Isca Clearwater returns as well, victorious once more.

Shadow_Elf
2012-03-12, 08:17 PM
Savos Talient returns, victorious, unlike before.