PDA

View Full Version : Norwegians are crazy...

dehro
2012-02-13, 04:36 PM
...funny!

because of this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuKva8GUwBk)

Admiral Squish
2012-02-13, 04:57 PM
Oh, god, I actually hurt myself laughing. How do you get people to AGREE to do this crap?

Aidan305
2012-02-13, 05:08 PM
Oh, god, I actually hurt myself laughing. How do you get people to AGREE to do this crap?

Large amounts of money presumably. Still hilarious though.

Haruki-kun
2012-02-13, 05:59 PM
That was hilarious. And yet for some reason I feel like I want to try this... :smallbiggrin:

Howler Dagger
2012-02-13, 06:02 PM
That was shcokingly hilarious.

Pika...
2012-02-13, 06:06 PM
Large amounts of money presumably. Still hilarious though.

Or beer...

Weezer
2012-02-13, 06:08 PM
I just don't understand how the players weren't pissed about 2 minutes in, I know I could never deal with that without raging.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2012-02-13, 07:16 PM
Because getting shocked is an adrenaline rush, more than a complete pain thing. I know when my friend brought his shock-pen, we would have competitions who could shock themselves the longest with it. We would get so pumped up on the electricity from that!

ForzaFiori
2012-02-13, 07:17 PM
I would probably be up for this if someone asked me to do it, but at the same time, I'd probably rage quit pretty quick if they hit me with a 6. I've fiddled with those things before, and on the lowest setting it's bearable, but the highest setting is for big dogs, so that's getting up towards a humans weight. It's a pretty painful shock.

Still wanna try though, and I wish we could have used those at soccer practice... I bet if you got shocked every time you broke a rule or screwed up, you'd have a batch of clean, great players.

STsinderman
2012-02-13, 11:16 PM
Just had an evil/fun thought, what if you mix those collars into a game and have your players shocked whenever they take damage. Just to simulate the pain they should be feeling and reminding them that its not just a number going down.

Weezer
2012-02-13, 11:51 PM
Just had an evil/fun thought, what if you mix those collars into a game and have your players shocked whenever they take damage. Just to simulate the pain they should be feeling and reminding them that its not just a number going down.

So long as the DM gets shocked whenever a monster dies, just being fair :smallamused:

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-02-13, 11:55 PM
I didn't think this was funny at all. All I could think of while they were doing it was "Those poor soccer players." :smallfrown:

SaintRidley
2012-02-14, 12:37 AM
This is the greatest thing. I really want to play this.

Greenish
2012-02-14, 01:53 AM
I feel just a bit bad about how funny that was.

They should've swapped in the end though. Give collars to the commentators and the controls to the players. Roundabout is fair play.

Mono Vertigo
2012-02-14, 05:16 AM
On the one hand... hurr durr, the physical pain personally inflicted to others is so great. :smallannoyed:
But on the other hand... it's benign enough sociopathic comedy. Kinda funny. :smallbiggrin:

I feel just a bit bad about how funny that was.

They should've swapped in the end though. Give collars to the commentators and the controls to the players. Roundabout is fair play.
Seconded. That would have been ten times better. :smallamused:

Cespenar
2012-02-14, 05:27 AM
I wouldn't want to be in the commentator's shoes.

dehro
2012-02-14, 05:46 AM
I just don't understand how the players weren't pissed about 2 minutes in, I know I could never deal with that without raging.

they probably were pissed when they agreed to do this.
(see what I did there?)

Starwulf
2012-02-14, 06:30 AM
Hmm, depending on how high the voltage is(I can't actually get the thing to load, but going by talk on the thread, it's obviously something to do with a shocker), I'd probably be just about immune to it, or at worst, just barely feel it ^^. I have my own personal TENS unit, and I often keep it on the highest setting possible, which is a pretty decent amount of voltage running through my back.

Cespenar
2012-02-14, 06:43 AM
Hmm, depending on how high the voltage is(I can't actually get the thing to load, but going by talk on the thread, it's obviously something to do with a shocker), I'd probably be just about immune to it, or at worst, just barely feel it ^^. I have my own personal TENS unit, and I often keep it on the highest setting possible, which is a pretty decent amount of voltage running through my back.

Is that a superpower or training from hell (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TrainingFromHell)?

MerryMeerkat
2012-02-14, 07:27 AM
Haha that's funny! Must have hurt though :smalleek:

KuReshtin
2012-02-14, 09:14 AM
I didn't think this was funny at all. All I could think of while they were doing it was "Those poor soccer players." :smallfrown:

They're not football players. They're TV presenters. :smallbiggrin:

I've spent most of the day so far watching these guys do crazy stuff, like Bubble Football (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIl45f6i1PU).

Traab
2012-02-14, 09:41 AM

No ripping off yugioh allowed! (though honestly, it would make for an intense game) But yeah, I couldnt help but laugh at the reactions of some of the players. Some barely even flinch, others go for the full fall down screaming method employed by soccer players everywhere when they want the ref to call a foul. :p "OMG! he brushed my shoulder! I had better do two forward flips then thrash around on the ground screaming as if my blood was replaced with molten lead!"

Starwulf
2012-02-15, 02:40 AM
Is that a superpower or training from hell (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TrainingFromHell)?

Glad I highlighted that link before clicking it. YOU SHALL NOT ENSNARE ME AGAIN TVTROPES!

I'd actually say it's more of a gradual build up of resistance to it, I've been on a TENS unit because of my back since June 2003, so 9 years of electricity streaming into my back 1-4 times a day has made me rather resistant to electricity(I'm sure that a killing voltage would still kill me of course, but a "playing around" or "slightly to moderately painful" voltage isn't going to bother me much).

dehro
2012-02-15, 03:10 AM
Glad I highlighted that link before clicking it. YOU SHALL NOT ENSNARE ME AGAIN TVTROPES!

I'd actually say it's more of a gradual build up of resistance to it, I've been on a TENS unit because of my back since June 2003, so 9 years of electricity streaming into my back 1-4 times a day has made me rather resistant to electricity(I'm sure that a killing voltage would still kill me of course, but a "playing around" or "slightly to moderately painful" voltage isn't going to bother me much).

now I just want to see what happens when you walk through a metal detector
(I'm thinking Stargate..)

Cespenar
2012-02-15, 05:01 AM

Moderate resistance to electricity (or pain) is still a power. If you cover a few more bases, I can see a Badass Normal (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BadassNormal) future for you. Oops, did I give another link to tvtropes? :smalltongue:

Icewalker
2012-02-15, 07:33 PM
Not just Norwegians! This kind of thing is all over.

Like so: Ultimate Tazer Ball (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E38G31wo7qc)

Bit Fiend
2012-02-18, 12:11 PM
By Thor's hangover, that's absolutely epic.

Also...

How do you get people to AGREE to do this crap?

I guess people do this for the lulz, as in: "You want me to do WHAT (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNC4SllD6dw)? ...I'm in."

Surrealistik
2012-02-18, 12:42 PM
This should be a real sport.

Bit Fiend
2012-02-18, 02:00 PM
This should be a real sport.

Should be olympic... or rather shocks should be used in more olympic sports. Think about how much more fun synchronized swimming would be... :smallamused:

Pika...
2012-02-19, 10:11 PM
Should be olympic... or rather shocks should be used in more olympic sports. Think about how much more fun synchronized swimming would be... :smallamused:

Hehe. So wrong, but would be so awesome. :smallbiggrin:

Istari
2012-02-19, 10:38 PM
I don't think the players really thought this through when they agreed to it.

Bit Fiend
2012-02-19, 11:17 PM
Hehe. So wrong, but would be so awesome. :smallbiggrin:

Water is a great conductor, so you could even synchronize the shocks, maybe even to fit the screams into the music... I'm so going to the Abyss for that... :smalleek:

Cikomyr
2012-02-19, 11:23 PM
If you;d have olympics of it, I say you are only zapped when you touch the ball for more than 3 seconds or touch it more than 3 times in a short sequence.

Cobra_Ikari
2012-02-19, 11:50 PM
I could definitely go for playing this. But then...I kinda enjoy electric shock. >.>

...and in college, some friends of mine apparently hooked me up to a TENS unit when I fell asleep in their dorm and turned it up to the max. Yes, I have jerkass friends. :smalltongue:

...but the reason I say apparently is because I didn't feel it at all and slept through it. Though they told me I was twitching quite a bit. >.>

Starwulf
2012-02-20, 12:47 AM
I could definitely go for playing this. But then...I kinda enjoy electric shock. >.>

...and in college, some friends of mine apparently hooked me up to a TENS unit when I fell asleep in their dorm and turned it up to the max. Yes, I have jerkass friends. :smalltongue:

...but the reason I say apparently is because I didn't feel it at all and slept through it. Though they told me I was twitching quite a bit. >.>

The funny thing about TENS units, is while it does have a max setting, that's not as strong as it can get. If you go in and fiddle with the timing and frequency settings, as well as the type of shock it pulsates into your body, you can make it significantly more stronger then just cranking it up to the max power.

dehro
2012-02-20, 03:24 AM
my issue with tazer-ball is that they seem to take themselves too seriously, whereas the norwegian game, as inspiring as it may be, is and remains a joke.
and yes, I approve of syncronized swimming with a twist :smallbiggrin:

also..notice how in both teams, the footballers (or ex footballers) are the ones that most scream like little girls when they get tazered..

Knaight
2012-02-20, 03:29 AM
Water is a great conductor, so you could even synchronize the shocks, maybe even to fit the screams into the music... I'm so going to the Abyss for that... :smalleek:

Water is a terrible conductor. The various impurities that can get spread throughout water - those are often good conductors. Which means that it should be fine, at first, but if anybody comes anywhere close to sweating there might be a problem.

Kalmageddon
2012-02-20, 04:24 AM
Well that was funny! If it was true I might start liking soccer! :smallbiggrin: