PDA

View Full Version : Help with another E6 build

the_archduke
2012-02-13, 05:00 PM
The build so far is non-psionic thri-kreen Racial HD 2/Totemist 2/??? 2. Basically a scary number of claw attacks and pounce on natural attacks

I have two ideas for how to finish the build: Ardent or Swordsage

My stats are:

Str 10
Dex 20
Con 14
Int 10
Wis 16
Cha 4

Ardent with practiced manifester will give me 3 powers known, one up to 3rd level. Freedom mantle, force mantle and natural world mantle look good to me.

Swordsage would give me +1 initiative, weapon focus, wis to AC, and seven maneuvers of up to second level. It would also easily open up shadow blade for dex to damage.

My third idea (that I just thought of) would be to dump totemist and go non-psionic thri-kreen Racial HD 2/ardent 2/swordsage 2 and quad-wield short swords instead of using claws. Multi-weapon fighting, sudden leap, +30 racial jump bonus... interesting.

Any thoughts on which of these three would be best? Or am I missing a better idea for a thri-kreen (no soulbow ideas, already have an unfavorable dm ruling on that one)

hex0
2012-02-13, 07:10 PM
Vote for Swordsage dip. That weapon focus...if you use four of them is worth it. Weapon focus usually sucks but if you are using four of the same weapons, it doesn't suck as much. :smallbiggrin:

Godskook
2012-02-14, 01:39 AM
Similar concept, but without the Thrikeen:

Race Dragonborn Warforged

Barbarian 1/Totemist 1/Ardent 1/Totemist +1/Ardent +1/Soul Manifester 10/Optional 5

1.Azure Talent(Pre-req)
F.Jaws of Death
F.Dragon Tail
3.Practiced Manifester(to qualify via Ardent)
6.Multiattack

Optionals:
Imp. Multiattack
Rapidstrike(Claws)
Rapidstrike(Claws #2)
Expanded Knowledge(Expansion)

Dip Fighter 2 if/when you want to grab power attack->shock trooper

King Atticus
2012-02-14, 01:50 AM
Barbarian 1/Totemist 1/Ardent 1/Totemist +1/Ardent +1/Soul Manifester 10/Optional 5

ummm...E6. It's in the title, just sayin'. :smallwink:

Godskook
2012-02-14, 02:09 AM
ummm...E6. It's in the title, just sayin'. :smallwink:

:facepalm:

Ok, sorry, that was my horrible, horrible bad.

Anyway, I'm still voting:

Warforged

Barbarian 1/Totemist 1/Ardent 2/Totemsit +1/Free

You're rocking a base 6 ML before overchannel(enough to overchannel to huge size!), can cast 2nd level powers, have 7 natural attacks(double tails while dragon born or double slams from warforged), and have the only chakra that class levels matter for in E6.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-02-14, 02:20 AM
Sneak Attack Thug 1/ Spellthief 1, get +2d6 Sneak Attack, pick up Craven, and use wands of any Wizard spells of the abjuration, divination, enchantment, illusion, and transmutation schools (i.e. Wraithstrike).

avr
2012-02-14, 03:56 AM
Totemist for lots of attacks is nice, but you've got a fair few already. Swordsage 4 or Warblade 4 would get you up to 3rd level maneuvers (including stances, with feats) which might be better.