PDA

View Full Version : [B]Chaos Shuffle Questions[/B]

Tony the tiger
2012-02-13, 08:24 PM
I have a few questions about the chaos shuffle. If you shuffle something like the elf racial feats away and then were reincarnated would you lose those feats or keep them, same question with dragon born. What would happen if you selected the war domain that you gain from the catalogs of enlightenment and shuffle those feats and then switched planar touchstones. I know chaos shuffles is considered cheesy but my dm is allowing me to use it. Besides that are there any other places like the legendary locations in the complete scoundrel that give you a permanent feat instead of one lasting a year. Also I already know about the elder evils and don't want to do that.

erikun
2012-02-13, 08:31 PM
Why would you try to bold the title? :smallconfused:

Also, to your question, while the situation is technically not covered in the rules, it is pretty generally assumed that you keep the shuffled feats and pick up the new racial ones. The reasoning is that you lose your racial feats when reincarnated, and since the feats you now have are not racial feats, they are not lost.

I thought there were places you could go and (with a bit of money) gain a feat if you didn't have it. This is one of the more popular chaos shuffle methods, because you can shuffle away the "purchased" feat and then use the location again, because it only cares about if you have the feat or not.

grarrrg
2012-02-13, 09:01 PM
Why would you try to bold the title? :smallconfused:

Why not?

A: Didn't know that it wouldn't work?

B: Knew that it wouldn't work, but figured we'd be smart enough to know what it was supposed to do, thus drawing more attention to it as if it were bolded anyway?

C: Deal with it. :smallcool:

Tony the tiger
2012-02-13, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the quick reply, I just posted on this board once before so I didn't know if the title was automatically bold and was just trying to draw attention. So would changing the domain feats granted by the war domain then picking a new planar touchstone work the same way?

supermonkeyjoe
2012-02-14, 07:05 AM
It won't work with most races because most races don't give feats, Elf for example Gives you weapon proficiency in a bunch of weapons, it doesn't give you any weapon proficiency feats.

You can only chaos shuffle if the creature entry reads like;

Racial Feats: A [Creature] receives [Feat] as a bonus feat.

Edit: actually that would work with elves, the Races entry is different to the racial abilities section in the Elf monster entry :smallannoyed:.

Tony the tiger
2012-02-14, 11:35 AM
So what about the feats from the war domain using the catalogs of enlightenment. if I shuffle those and then change the planar touchstone will I lose them?

kestrel404
2012-02-14, 12:06 PM
I would treat that in the same way as shuffling away a feat that's granted through the spell that grants you feats. But I don't know enough about the specifics to state what RAW on that case is either.

Chronos
2012-02-14, 05:12 PM
Personally, I would houserule that you can only shuffle a bonus feat into another feat that could have been taken as that bonus feat. So, for instance, if there are any abyssal heritor feats that can be taken as fighter bonus feats, you could shuffle a fighter bonus feat into that.

But like I said, that's a houserule. If you use the interpretation (common in optimization discussions) that a bonus feat from any source can be shuffled into anything at all, then I see no reason that using the Catalogs of Enlightenment to get unlimited feats shouldn't work, too.

DemonRoach
2012-02-15, 04:32 AM
I thought there were places you could go and (with a bit of money) gain a feat if you didn't have it. This is one of the more popular chaos shuffle methods, because you can shuffle away the "purchased" feat and then use the location again, because it only cares about if you have the feat or not.

There are, the Otyugh Hole being the most well known.

Tony the tiger
2012-02-15, 11:56 AM
So you can visit the Otyugh Hole more than once as long you don't have the feat because at the beginning of the legendary locations chapter they said you can only visit each site once unless it says otherwise. Or do you mean going to multiple otyugh holes.