PDA

View Full Version : Best way to make Shardblades & Shardplate in 3.5 & Pathfinder

Anderlith
2012-02-13, 11:17 PM
What would be the best magics & items to recreate the Shardblades & Shardplate from "The Way of Kings"?

I was thinking about Brillant Energy weapons with a few extra bells & whistles to replicate Shardblades but I'm at a loss for replicating Shardplate, maybe elemental plate enchants from Eberron?

Coidzor
2012-02-14, 12:08 AM
Wiki for those who haven't read it. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Way_of_Kings#Shardblades_and_Shardplate)

By my understanding, you'd need to come up with either A. a crippling/limb damage sub system and patch shardblades into it or B. come up with a penalty to give, maybe -X for every limb crippled, with something along the lines of a chance to do so on every successful crit, a save that it forces once a round on any foe that has been successfully hit and damaged, or similar.

And you'd have to make it so that brilliant energy effected non-living matter in some way. Seems almost like Vorpal+Brilliant Energy with crippling of limbs in addition to insta-decapitation and the ability to effect non-living matter but the weakness where none of those powers worked against creatures armored properly.

As for Shardplate, I'd say it's probably a sort of custom magic armor that is also made of its own special material.