PDA

View Full Version : D&D Campaign Journal Animus the Explorers Story

Vknight
2012-02-14, 01:00 AM
Ok so the group I have over skype has recently started doing sessions on Monday.
And by Recently I mean yesterday.
So what setting do we use? Why Animus the setting I use for my other campaign Journal.
This campaign takes place about 1year before my normal groups campaign.
Anyways without further adieu lets introduce the party!

Shantia (Longtooth Shifter, Fighter. 19/24 Appearance)
From Ankh.
She started life on the street as a thief amongst a group of children. She was the muscle for the group. Eventually there leader died and infighting lead to the group breaking apart
She worked as one of Lings girls for a time making a decent sum before going off to adventure

Zcero [Zarro= How to pronounce] Caesar (Elven, Druid. 14/24Appearance)
A direct descendent of Caesar. One of his Grandchildren. Zcero left home because of his arranged marriage to the elven equivalent of a fat chick was his wife to be. Or thats the reason most people think.
I reality she's actually some special type of ooze that ate his actual wife to be.
He got in-tuned with nature through this experience

Shathys (Shadar-Kai, Bladesinger. 16/24Appearance)
A child on the streets he was taken in by a evil wizard and was taught magic illegally by him, within Ivory. He is now his masters agent out in the wide world. From Mos Eisley he was sent to Solon to investigate rumors of a exploration team

-2Open Spots. That can be filled.

Session 1
The party starts within a tavern within the city of Solon.
The party overhears from a group of 3sailors about the riches to be found within journeying to this 'new continent'!
After some tries at diplomacy the Elf kisses on of the sailors on the cheek. As they are drunk and failed to realize his gender before hand he is able to get the information and escape there grasp with ease. The ships name 'The Doctime'
Meanwhile Shathys uses this as a opportunity to escape and search the ship. With name in hand. The quiet bladesinger goes to work searching the ship for information. Copying some notes from a map and picking up a rare and valuable katana from within the captains quarters.
Meanwhile Shantia and Zcero are drinking and every now and then Zcero gets a drink from the sailors.
This continues until he retreats to bed for the night followed by Shathys and Shantia.

The next morning the party makes there way to the Doctime.
For riches, knowledge, exploration etc.
Meeting the captain one Luc a Dwarven man. Also seeing the ship off and tallying those on board is a Archpaladin and his ward, 'The 3rd General' (I need a name for him)
Luc won't let anyone on board and informs the group they have to show certain talents to get aboard.
Zcero points out his knowledge of nature and storms along with her skill at fighting. Luc agrees
Shathys points out he's a wizard and lies he's from Silver Academy. Luc is ecstatic at the idea of a mage aboard and there protection.
Shantia almost fails to not make it on board. As he does not mention he's a holy man, or the fact he's good with people and only boasts about his strength. So Luc has him try to break a dwarven ale bottle(6hp). He rolls a 1to hit it but still hits barely and rolls a 1on damage. (We are playing with some crit rules and the blow luckily causes the bottle to shatter harming both Shantia and Luc. Who signs him on for that show of strength.

Now off the party gets some luck checks(1d20, low is bad, high is good) for how there adventuring goes.
Its a 1-2month journey after all.
Shathys gets roped into helping captain Luc with logs and navigation. And gets to see a portrait of the mans Daughter and Wife(At request to Dovkul I rolled there appearances. 19/24 For Mom(Human), and 21/24 for the Daughter(Mul)) and Luc is highly impressed with Shathys so he wants to introduce him to his daughter.
Dovkul is one night used as a plushy by a sleeping Goliath
And nothing interesting for poor old Zcero.

Now comes the combat as the ship is waylay by a freak and not entirely natural storm. From it pops Sea Goblins.
The little buggers crawl up the ship and attack.
The first encounter involved 2Beast Riders, and 4Archers.
The battle went well and only Zcero took any real damage

The second battle involved a pair of Cutthroats and a Hexer.
The Cuttthroats almost crippled & almost kill Shantai.
The Hexer did little doing some damage and blinding Shathys for 1round
With some good tactics some goblin idiocy and work the party triumphs.

After this the party encounters either the cause of byproduct of the storm.
His name is the unknown(He is called the Storm Raker) but he is legend.
A White Dragon with intelligence, cunning, and 1missing eye.
He offers the party a job and in return he offers a reward of a large value.
Overhead 2of his children, Only Fledgelings circle above.
After some discussion he tells the group he will not take vengeance he merely is informing them of what rewards can be obtained.

With this done the Storm Raker dismisses the Storm and departs but not before one of his children comes to challenge these lesser races who her father thinks are worthy. She tells them her name is Isabella
The Fledgling White dragon proves to be a powerful foe. She was able to bloody Shathys and knock out Shantai.
After she is knocked to 1healing surge value, Isabella surrenders releasing the group. Now alone upon the ship to recover and prepare.
The session ends after a group of 3luck rolls and a Nature and Arcana check.
These success let the party end the session on this note
"Land!" (The next day they come across what land though?)

Things of Note
-The Third General of Ivory also has 1of the legendary Storm Lord swords. These guys saw that and said. Don't mess with him
-Shathys is using a +1 magic sword. Which is the sword stolen from the captain he would have given it to them after the White Dragon business but since its not in its old case and he didn't really care for it he may just increase there wages or offer them some minor alchemical items.
-Dovkul's player is still very new and was having problems deciding. His whip Paladin is good at giving out negatives. But he doesn't have the survivability most would want. If he keeps the fighter he will be playing a Battlerager with high temp hitpoint generation as we use rolled stats.

Vknight
2012-02-17, 03:38 PM
We got a 4th player coming in with a leader.
Here is the character

Kai from Ankh, (Tiefling, Skald. ?Appearance)
his father is a barber, his mother helps out, he has an older brother that goes to unseen. He was taught the skills of the skald by his Dad (who became a barbar to keep his sword skills good, and yes he uses a sword instead of a razor to shave people)
He left Ankh cause he was helping out the town guard and accidentally blown up a few shops
As for what he is doing now, he read about a few techniques that he wanted to learn and are searching for them

Anyways this campaign will update more frequently because we use skype so my players don't have to convene at my home.

Other interesting notes
Shantia was originally a guy but her player decided to change this.
Zceero has some really bad luck in character
Shantia's player has bad luck with damage rolls