PDA

View Full Version : City of Ezerin (IC)

Pages : [1] 2 3

TheGuitar
2012-02-14, 01:18 AM
Old City Pub
You find yourself in a pub in the center of the city. The pub is an old establishment, having existed for centuries, and the wear is evident in the wooden walls and stools that you sit on. The bar is full tonight, It's a Friday, the 14th of March. Over the din, you can hear the sound of a lute, as a man plays to the crowd on a small stage in the corner of the pub.
The weather has finally started to warm, it was a cold winter, the tail end of February was particularly brutal, and the weather only recently broke, making it ok to go outside without a heavy coat. This is yet another reason for the people of the pub to celebrate, as many of the patrons are quite drunk already, and it is but dusk.
As you sit and enjoy your beverage or food of choice, the pub door swings open. A man, clad in heavy armor, bearing the symbol of the House Skrym, walks in and posts a notice on the door. Without a word or glance, the man walks back out, leaving many to speculate, but few to actually look at the notice, as they are having far too much fun with their drunken revelry.

Now is time for intro's and stuff.

Edit:
I finally got my ass into gear and loaded up the drawn map of the city. http://i.imgur.com/jm9Mg.jpg

Athaleon
2012-02-14, 02:45 AM
Skrym's sigil. I wonder what that was all about.

Nirallus put down his half-empty pint, his third of the night, and sauntered over to the notice to read it. He knew he had better take a look—he was after all employed by House Skrym—but he had come here to unwind after a long day of grueling mental tasks; alcohol helped with that, and continually turning his mind back to his work did not.

Jack DeCoeur
2012-02-14, 03:30 AM
Isaac put down his flagon of mead and watched the fellow who had just posted the notice walking past the window. As it often did in these circumstances the man's eyes drifted up into the night sky. Not completely clear, but the moon and a few stars were clearly visible.

Sighing, he stood. His legs both twinged, the pain was comforting rather than distressing, but none the less the warmer weather should at the very least make the persistent ache duller that it had been these past few months.

The young man moved across the bar, his severe limp, seemingly on both legs, made him slower than a man of his age should be and look much more frail than he really was, something he occasionally used to his advantage. Reaching the door he peered at the note, not that he was the only one of course.

Chained Birds
2012-02-14, 06:55 AM
Red Eyes

In the far corner of the bar, away from most of the crowd, sits a dark skinned goblin with her head buried in the table. The cold weather has been rather tough, but beneficial to her at the same time; as no one questioned the fact that she wears a scarf wherever she goes. The scarf being her most prized possession, and most beneficial utility in her line of work for her House. Though her jobs as an assassin has dwindled over the last couple of months, making her feel extremely bored.

Noticing the Skrym man walk in and place a notice on the door, she begins counting, and gets to 16 before the man is out of sight. Lucked out this time Skrym man, she thinks to herself, but simply chuckles at her own demented humor. I guess I haven't received any new jobs in a while, might as well check to see what one of the other Houses wants. She'll wait until someone else approaches the notice first, before attempting to read it herself.

Murillio
2012-02-14, 06:59 AM
Soren Kirkegaard

Sitting, as per usual, at his spot, near the door, Soren orders another flagon of Shirley Temple. A man's man's drink if he should say so himself. Drink ordered, he ritually cranes his head taking in the sights and sounds he so lovingly enjoys. He spots the many attempts at wooing and chuckles. Though growing up sheltered in the lab he knew about Ezerin's women and their one thousand ways of saying no -- with only a few meaning yes. But, wondrous day, Soren also spots a rarely seen acquaintance. He speaks up.

"'Lo Pontius! Your women still fat?"

Soren receives a solemn glance and a barely heard response. She's not fat she's pregnant...again. Soren at that laughs heartily along with his near by bar compatriots. While laughing he spies a notice on the door. He grunts and asks any one near the door what the notice says.

shugyosha
2012-02-14, 10:53 AM
Dressed in warm casual wear, a tall hawkish man pushes the door open. Quickly scanning the room and notices all the regulars: the Alchemist and Oracle he spots quickly enough, although the goblin in the dark corner hid herself well enough.

Herlan is about to make a bee line to the bar but spots the notice on the door as it closed.

TheGuitar
2012-02-14, 03:10 PM
The notice reads:
Help needed. There has been a small infestation of creatures in a crypt belonging to the House Skrym. Please come to House Skrym for details tomorrow at 10am sharp. No latecomers will be accepted. Reward will be discussed on arrival.

The emblem of the house sits at the bottom as a signature.

Chained Birds
2012-02-14, 06:02 PM
Approaching from behind, she tugs on the human bard's coat.

"What do those Skrym people want?"

Wearing a skull helm, white gloves, a top and shorts, and a white, long fur scarf; she does seem a bit under-dressed for the recently cold weather as the dark grey skin of her face, arms, legs, and stomach are fairly exposed. Most of her face is hidden behind the scarf partially covering her chin and jaw, with the helm and her hair covering the rest of her face; yet her deep crimson eyes are quite visible.

shugyosha
2012-02-14, 07:29 PM
Herlan read the notice and was about to head to the bar when Red Eyes caught him. Once out of the shadows she was easy to spot with what she wore. He looked down at his infrequent informant. She always had an ear to the seedier side of things.

"Not sure. But it must be something if they want outside help. Let me get a drink."

Moving to the bar he orders a flagon and asks the barkeep if he might have heard of any problems from his Skrym patrons.

TheGuitar
2012-02-14, 11:42 PM
The barkeep gets you your flagon and grunts, Sorry son, aint heard about any problems in Skrym. That what that gent posted about?

Celestin
2012-02-15, 12:00 AM
Ellifain Everlight

I had been at a table by myself sipping some wine. I never had to worry too much about people bothering me. Even drunk most were downright scared of me, though not for anything I had ever done. Though I knew why, I had been with my people for a few years when I was younger. I have never been more frightened in all my years since.

That was before Skrym though, and a lot had changed since then.

Sitting there, I noticed as one of my house brothers entered the pub. If he had seen me, it didn't show. He was probably one who still distrusted me. I was always working to get their trust. If I couldn't get my own brothers to trust me, how could I get my people to. Leaving a notice on the door, he exited as quickly as he had come.

I noticed a few people heading towards it, most notably the strangely clothed goblin. Setting down my empty wine glass and putting my shield with the skrym symbol blazoned upon it, I headed to find out what my brother had put on the door. As I walked up, I heard the goblin and another person talking on the side. Paying them little attention, I scanned the notice.

House Skrym was looking for outside help? That was unusual, normally they would just send me. Might as well go in the morning, the more I helped, the better my relations with them could become. Turning back away from the door I headed back over to my table. I would have one more drink before heading back home.

Murillio
2012-02-15, 05:07 AM
Soren Kirkegaard

Not receiving any sufficient answer Soren gets up with a slightly over dramatic sigh. He takes the few steps needed to get to the notice.

"'Scuse me lads. Just wanting to read the notice."

After reading it over twice Soren nods his head. Another chance to help House Skyrm has presented itself. Soren shall eagerly take on this task. After all he did receive what was supposed to be a mass memo, supposedly to those under the employ of House Canis, stating that garnering favor from House Skyrm doesn't involve drinkiing members under the table. Strangely he hasn't found any other members with this memo. Turning his attentions upon the small crowd gathered around the post Soren asks.

"Any of you lot coming out tomorrow?"

Chained Birds
2012-02-15, 06:24 AM
Red Eyes

"If I'm bored, I guess I'll help out those silly Skrym, present company excluded."

She snickers and walks out into the streets, almost vanishing into the shadows.

OOC: Unless anyone can beat a Stealth Check of 33 35?

Jack DeCoeur
2012-02-15, 09:42 AM
Isaac Hawking

Isaac read over the notice and realised that he disliked the idea of trawling around a crypt. Underground areas set him on edge anyway, but the 'infestation of creatures' was what caused him pause. His particular skill set was not exactly suited to battling the undead, which he assumed the note referred to. Nonetheless, the gold would come in handy for his studies and it looked as if there would be others involved.

Drumming his fingers on his breastplate he nodded slowly at Soren, he'd seen him around the guild when he was still studying, but knew him little, other than by vague reputation. "Ah, why not. I've never been one to turn down a little excitement." He grinned crookedly and hobbled towards the bar for a refill on his mead.

shugyosha
2012-02-15, 10:15 AM
The barkeep gets you your flagon and grunts, Sorry son, aint heard about any problems in Skrym. That what that gent posted about?

Herlan takes a drink and drops a coin. "Yup, SKrym wants outside help with something. Know where those guys hang out in town?"

TheGuitar
2012-02-15, 04:57 PM
As the goblin vanishes into the night, Issac returns to his seat. The bartender says to Herlan Well, mostly 'round the house grounds I s'pose, though there's some place outside the city they go sometimes, but I just assumed it was the pantheon.

Murillio
2012-02-15, 05:41 PM
Soren Kirkegaard

"Ah, grand deal. Grand deal little one."

Before he could say anything else the little one had scurried off. Perhaps later he could ask why her laugh sounded like the rhythmic snapping of violin strings. If she came. Scratching his head a familiar face answered his query. He had seen Isaac around House Canis events. He'd just never had the opportunity to work with the fellow -- nor does he know much about him.

"Mm hm! Well said brother. Excitement is indeed a tempting mistress."

Seeing Isaac hobble away Soren looks out the window to gauge the time. He thinks to himself that he'd better get home. Best to wake up and be an hour early than an hour late. He bids farewell to some minor bar compatriots before heading home.

shugyosha
2012-02-15, 05:43 PM
The barkeeps answer was he had expected. Members of Skrym were a secretive lot. Maybe with luck there might be someone of Skrym here. Herlan looks back at the door and finds Red Eyes gone.

Making best of what he can, Herlan makes his way through the room looking for anyone who might bear the emblem of Skrym

OOC: Is Ellifain or Nirallus wearing anything that might show they are from Skrym?

TheGuitar
2012-02-15, 06:02 PM
Shugyosha
Nirallus does not, but I'll have to ask if Ellifain does.

Celestin
Does Ellifain have any overt symbols of the house Skrym on her? Like on her shield or her armor

Athaleon
2012-02-15, 06:22 PM
Nirallus Uthorin

Niro couldn't figure out why House Skrym would solicit help in this fashion. As one of the more secretive Houses, why not use its own armsmen to deal with this? The infestation couldn't be that urgent a threat, or else they wouldn't wait until late the next morning.

He decided to head back there and find out what was going on, before every sellsword in the city descended on it in the morning.

TheGuitar
2012-02-15, 11:54 PM
Athaleon
As you approach the grounds of house Skrym, a guard greets you. Upon entering the mansion, it is empty, and try as you might, all those who are there seem to be deep in slumber, and anyone awake isn't there. You will have to wait until the morning to find out why the house has outsourced this job.

shugyosha
2012-02-16, 12:26 AM
Herlan spots the dark elf with Skrym emblem on her shield. "Excuse me, you're from Skrym. Know anything about this infestation?" Herlan asks. With a clean motion he pulls the length of his long coat out of the way as he sits down.

OOC: Is Ellifain wearing armor?

TheGuitar
2012-02-16, 12:41 AM
OOC
Yes, she is, unless she's said she isn't, but as far as I know she is.

Celestin
2012-02-16, 01:16 AM
Ellifain

I had been about to get my last glass when a hawkish looking man came up to me.

"Excuse me, you're from Skrym. Know anything about this infestation?"

How unusual of a night this was becoming. First with Skrym out-sourcing, then with a person not of my house openly starting conversation with me that didn't revolve around my twisted heritage.

"Sadly no, I had no idea about any infestation. Nor do I know why they are out-sourcing this job. Normally the less favored of our house end up doing the menial or semi-dangerous work."

OOC

Yes Ellifain is wearing her armor. It is comforting to have the protection, especially when she is going to a place where people could get wasted and lose their common sense and attack someone due to something out of that person's control

Jack DeCoeur
2012-02-16, 06:08 AM
Isaac Hawking

Interest in the note seemed to be waning slightly. Those that were interested had digested its contents and were now discussing it or had left, presumably for an early night.

'10am sharp'

Isaac drained his flagon of mead and stood. Nodding to the few acquaintances he had within his favourite drinking hole and left. Savouring the cool night air as it hit him he once again turned his eyes to the night sky.

"Couple of hours of stargazing before going to bed can't hurt" he muttered more to himself than anyone who may have been within earshot. With that he strode off into the night towards his lodgings, wondering if he'd be able to catch a glimpse of that strange blinking, travelling star he'd been observing recently.

shugyosha
2012-02-16, 10:33 AM
Herlan nods. He understood that secrecy the houses kept, especially Skrym. It was unfortunate that she didn't know more. Whatever the infestation was it was more than just a infestation that worried Skrym.

Deciding to change tactics, Herlan taps the shield with his long finger, "So is it a Drow custom or a fashion statement to wear your armor opening? Don't tell me you don't have other, more comfortable clothes?"

Athaleon
2012-02-16, 08:23 PM
Nirallus

Might as well get to bed then, so I can be here first thing in the morning.

A job like this was simple mercenary's work, but Niro found himself anticipating it eagerly. He had been shut in with books for far too long, and some good old-fashioned swordplay would get the juices flowing again.

OOC
Niro will retire for the evening. If nothing happens to him in the intervening time, he will head back to House Skrym as soon as he finishes preparing spells.

Level 0: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Prestidigitation
Level 1: Color Spray, Shield, Reduce Person
Level 2: Glitterdust

Celestin
2012-02-16, 08:40 PM
Ellifain

"So is it a Drow custom or a fashion statement to wear your armor opening? Don't tell me you don't have other, more comfortable clothes?"

I almost didn't stop from laughing, but I wasn't able to repress the smile. I wondered if he was actually curious.

"It is not a Drow custom or a fashion statement to wear armor, or at least not plate armor. Most women's fashion for the drow revolve around for the powerful wearing as little as they can. Wearing too much is in their eyes a form of fear."

"So no, my choice in wearing my armor comes not from my people. I feel more comfortable in my armor than without it, and I have found people to sometimes have issues with my heritage. So it is more sensible for me to concern myself with protection over fashion and comfort."

shugyosha
2012-02-16, 09:23 PM
The thought of a whole society of half naked elven women brought a slight curl to his lips.

"So you don't trust the city watch to do their job? I can't say I blame you." Herlan said with a quick drink.

"Tell me what is it like to live under a Skrym roof?"

Murillio
2012-02-16, 09:41 PM
OOC

Just some busy work in the morning.

Prepping Extracts
Shield
Cure Light Wounds
Enlarge Person
Comprehend Languages

Alchemical Allocation
Selected Boosted Accelerate

Once the extracts are prepared Soren shall use the Alchemical Allocation extract then drink the Potion of Greater Magic Fang +5. After drinking it he'll spit it out as a free action still gaining the potions benefits.

I'll apply the effects to my left hand so that when Soren mutates with Feral Mutagen the effects will still apply.

The effects should last 20 hours x 2 (due to Extend Potion)

Celestin
2012-02-17, 09:26 AM
Ellifain

I watched his smile as I told him about what the drow women wore and wasn't surprised that he was imagining it. Sadly it was not a fantasy that he would want to see in reality.

"So you don't trust the city watch to do their job? I can't say I blame you."

"It is not that I don't trust them, I just know that they can't be everywhere at once."

"Tell me what is it like to live under a Skrym roof?"

"It is one of the few places where I don't have to consistently watch behind my back. It is home for me. What else do you need to know."

He kept heading back to Skrym, which was to be expected. Time to reroute the conversation a little. "So if I may inquire, what house are you from? Or are you not from one of them and just support one?"

shugyosha
2012-02-17, 11:10 AM
Herlan raised his eyebrow at her paranoia. From the stories he had heard of the Drow, paranoia wasn't so surprising.

"I'm not from any of the Houses. I'm a... a freelance consultant. Each house has hired me at one time or another, some more often than others."

"So, how did you come to Ezerin?"

TheGuitar
2012-02-19, 11:24 AM
The night wears on and many patrons leave the bar, stumbling home to warm beds, or stumbling with another to bed together. The Drow and the human remain though, chatting.

OOC
If you guys wanna keep chatting feel free, just let me know when you're done and we'll move on.

shugyosha
2012-02-19, 12:37 PM
Herlan waits for her response.

Just waiting for our Drow's back story.

We can bump to the next scene if Celestin wants.

Celestin
2012-02-19, 09:41 PM
Ellifain

"I'm not from any of the Houses. I'm a... a freelance consultant. Each house has hired me at one time or another, some more often than others."

So a free lancer, interesting. Not many people didn't pick a favorite house.

"So, how did you come to Ezerin?"

"I came to Ezerin when I was still young, I had yet to see a decade of life pass. I ad been a part of one of the ruling houses from my homeland, that is until it was attacked by the other Houses. I had barely escaped, but then I was guided out by a flame of light. Later I was found alone a little ways out of the city by Sophia Skrym.

shugyosha
2012-02-20, 10:47 AM
Herlan continued his conversation with the highborn Drow until it was time to go.

He headed back home for some rest and to make sure he wasn't late for the House of Skrym in the morning.

OCC: Bump...

TheGuitar
2012-02-20, 01:08 PM
The night passes uneventfully. The dawn breaks, bringing on a new day, a slightly cooler one that leave and early morning mist in the city streets. AS the sun rises, the street begins to bustle and the day begins.

OOC
If there in anything anyone wants to do before going to the house Skrym, do it now, then we'll be off.

Murillio
2012-02-20, 07:08 PM
Soren Kirkegaard

Soren wakes up just as the sun rises. Feeling refreshed he creates a tasty French toast and bacon breakfast. Between bites he preps various extracts he'll be using for the day. Just before heading out the house he does a bit more busy work then heads toward the meeting area looking to be an hour early.

Athaleon
2012-02-20, 07:24 PM
Nirallus finishes preparing his spells and heads to House Skrym straight away, pausing only to buy a sweet roll from a vendor, which he eats on the way there.

Chained Birds
2012-02-20, 07:36 PM
Red Eyes

Laying on the roof of her House's main building, she spent most of the night stargazing and thinking about her master. Though she eventually wised up, and went to her bed to avoid falling prey to the frigid air.

Upon waking the next morning, she proceeded to perform an arduous reflexive workout to loosen her body for the Skrym House assistance. Though feeling a bit hesitant, she felt there was nothing better to do and she's been feeling a little rusty as of late. And maybe she could gather a bit of information for her House in the process.
Wandering around her room in thought for almost an hour, she eventually leaves to meet up with her potential (temporary) allies at the address given on the notice.

shugyosha
2012-02-20, 09:05 PM
Herlan went through his normal morning routine; brisk exercise, breakfast, and some light reading. When the bells rang 9 he gather his things and made his way to the Skrym House.

Jack DeCoeur
2012-02-21, 07:21 AM
Isaac Hawking

When he finally got to bed Isaac's sleep was spotty at best. Due to the nature of his particular interests he was not particularly used to getting to sleep before five in the morning, none the less he did eventually drop off.

Next morning he was woken sometime around nine by a sharp pain in his left leg, they still ached, almost constantly, although other than his reduced mobility they caused him very little inconvenience, one learns to adapt after all. Coming to his senses he thanked whatever celestial providence prevented him from oversleeping and had just enough to time to grab a quick breakfast, gather his things and leave for the meeting.

Celestin
2012-02-21, 06:04 PM
Ellifain

It had been relaxing to talk with someone without bartering who was not a part of Skrym. Maybe things would change soon, and people would be able to overlook the color of one's skin.

I had left the bar before it was too late for I had wanted some rest before the mission tomorrow.

Awaking a little before dawn, I went through the normal ritual of cleaning myself up before praying at dawn. After prayer, I went to Sophia to have breakfast and for help donning my armor.

Afterwards I headed to the meeting place where we were supposed to meet. It was time to learn what this was about.

TheGuitar
2012-02-22, 12:11 AM
You are all gathered outside the House Skrym. The property sits on the banks of the Ezerin river, and on the opposite shoe lies a small commercial dock. The house itself rises from the river banks in a most grandeur fashion. If one were to look closely, he would be able to see where additions had been put on, as the house simply evolved with the style of the centuries.

As the chimes for 10am sound, the door opens. Behind it, a lanky elf dressed in a butlers uniform welcomes you in. You've come to answer the ad. He says, not as a question, but as a simple statement, You will wait here until master Torrinus is ready to see you.

OOC
Anyone who wishes may roll a knowledge (nobility) or a knowledge (local) check to see if they recognize the name.

Celestin
You know the name. he is a middle-ranking member of the house, who is known for his cold demeanor. While he has never been outright rude to you, he has also never been kind to you, which is his known MO for dealing with most people.

Chained Birds
2012-02-22, 12:16 AM
Red Eyes

Hmm, now where have I heard that name before? Red Eyes ponders as the generic looking elf in a butler's uniform brings up the name.

Knowledge (Local) Check: [roll0]
- If she recognizes the name, she'll tell anyone who asks.

Athaleon
2012-02-22, 02:32 AM
Nirallus Uthorin

Nirallus cursed under his breath. He was already irritated; he had arrived early expecting his employers to fill him in on what was going on, but all he could get out of them was to be brusquely told to wait outside 'till 10.

And now that this Torrinus was mentioned, Niro was more irritated with himself for failing to educate himself on the local hierarchy and its personalities. He had heard the name before, but was at a total loss as to who Torrinus is or what he does.

At length, Nirallus sighed and willed such brooding out of his thinking. Right now he needed to listen, and to focus on the task at hand, and sulking over petty irritants would not help with that.

Jack DeCoeur
2012-02-22, 06:26 AM
Issac Hawking

Isaac stood and yawned. He was in no real hurry to get underway, but a part of him couldn't help but feel that another hour or so in bed would have been nice.

Idly he drummed his fingers on his breastplate and stood with his gaze fixed on the house, it had had an eventful history, he knew that, but it's current state in regards to members, politics and goings on were more or less a mystery to him.

shugyosha
2012-02-22, 11:46 AM
Herlan walks around looking around. In the back of his mind there is something itching. There was a puzzle to be solved. He thinks to himself: If this was a simple job they would have done it in house, if it was difficult they still would of kept in house. If they knew how to solve it but didn't have the ability then they would have hired a specialist (and make them sign a non-disclosure agreement). By making an open call they get plausible deniable... so somehow the problem is political...

He hears the call to come inside and follows everyone else. His eyes scan the interior and the butler.

Question: Is there anyone else who answered the call besides the PC's?

[roll0] KS: Local
[roll1] KS: Nobility
[roll2] Perception (looking for anything that might be out of the ordinary or might tell me what this is about)

Murillio
2012-02-22, 02:01 PM
Soren Kirkegaard

Upon seeing the butler walk out Soren turned into a bundle of smiles and nods. Nodding at every syllable Soren enters in as told. He scans the room intently looking at the numbers of doors and windows. He always found it prudent to have various escape routes planned in advance. Growing a bit bored Soren finds a chair or couch to sit in. Plopping down he asks the group a question.

"So any you lot know this Torrinus bloke? Seems to have a noble air about his name."

[roll0] Perception for doors/windows and I guess seating available.

[roll1] untrained knowledge for Torrinus's name.

Jack DeCoeur
2012-02-22, 05:15 PM
Isaac Hawking

Soren's question snapped Isaac out of his musing and back into the room. "Huh? Oh, no. I don't take much interest in the houses as a general rule, other than from a purely historical perspective that is. But, yeah, he's probably important in one way or another." He shrugged again as if to punctuate his apathy.

TheGuitar
2012-02-22, 05:44 PM
Red Eyes
You recognize the name, and realize he is a mid-ranking member of the house Skrym. He is best known for being cold and indifferent to pretty much everyone. Not much is really known about his personal life, as he generally keeps to himself.

Shugyosha
You recognize the name, and realize he is a mid-ranking member of the house Skrym. He is best known for being cold and indifferent to pretty much everyone. Not much is really known about his personal life, as he generally keeps to himself.

Nothing about the place seems out of place, though it is a very well furnished.

Murillio
The name is hazy, but you think you've heard some talk about him being a cold person. However, you are unsure if this is about him, or another noble.

The room has very large windows to the right, over-shadowing a lovely looking garden, it faces west however, and so only a small amount of light trickles in.

OOC
Gonna wait for Celestin to post before moving on.

Chained Birds
2012-02-22, 06:04 PM
Red Eyes

"From what I've heard, he's some medium ranked member of this club house. I also hear he has a relatively low body temperature."

She snickers and wanders around the room appraising the items that look like they might be worth something.

Perception (Search): [roll0]
- For pricey things within the room.
Appraise: [roll1]

Tch' just a bunch of junk. She thinks to herself.

Murillio
2012-02-23, 04:44 PM
Soren Kirkegaard

Taking in both Red Eyes and Jack's response Soren nods his head.

"So he's important but not that important eh? And a low body temperature? He must be a sickly man or a reptile! Let's treat him with care. It's most likely why he's late."

Soren crosses his legs and entwines his fingers together so that he can place his hands behind his head. A rather decent way to stretch the body he's learned plus a great way to check for under arm body odour. Turning his attention back to the two that spoke to him.

"My name is Soren ya know by the way? Lovely to met ya. Tho' I do know you slightly. Jacque is it? Seen you about House Canis."

Celestin
2012-02-23, 05:29 PM
Ellifain

Torrinus was behind this then. Well it could have been worse, he wasn't the kindest, but at least if he did have an issue with my heritage it never showed. He treated me the same as he treated most, which was better than most.

I listened as the the goblin and two of the others as they quickly were discussing what they knew. It was interesting to note that the goblin actually had a good read of the man, at least as much as anyone knew of him.

It was nice to see that Herlan was here. I thought about talking with him, but I decided to wait.

Again, sorry for the delay in posting. After this weekend I should be back to having reliable internet at home.

TheGuitar
2012-02-23, 11:48 PM
Luckily the wait is short, and soon a tall, grey-haired man enters the room. He walks with a distinct sense of poise and grace, almost as if he were twenty years younger. he wears a dark robe with the emblem of Skrym on it.

Hello, I'm glad to see you've all come to help. He says in a flat tone, And Ellifain, I wasn't expecting to have any members of our hosue in the bar, but I suppose you'll be of good use.

He them goes over to a chair in the room and has a seat, the elven servant bringing him a glass of what seems to be some sort of fruit juice.

You see, He continues, a short time ago, a boy who was working for our house stole an important heirloom of mine, a ring belonging to my great-grandfather. I've recently found out that he hid it in one of our houses old crypts, outside of the city walls. That is, as I'm sure you already can deduce, where you all come in. I would like you to retrieve that ring for me. Of course, I can't expect you to do this without some cooperation, so I'll offer you 200gp each. He takes a sip of his juice and smiles, awaiting your response.

Chained Birds
2012-02-24, 01:37 AM
Red Eyes

"Seems like a lot of hassle for some piece of jewelry, but I guess an heirloom is an heirloom. So, why are you asking a bunch of people outside your guild for something you could probably accomplish yourself, seeing as how a child was able to venture into this crypt so easily? But I guess you're too busy sitting around and not offering your guests a drink."

She looks around the room for a second, and scowls at the fact that everything in the room is just showy junk in her eyes. She figures that 200gp is all a mid-ranked member of this House can afford and won't bring up the subject of payment unless the man says something that would increase the risk vs reward of the job.

Jack DeCoeur
2012-02-24, 09:45 AM
Isaac Hawking

It took him a while to realise that Soren was talking to him, when he twigged he broke into a wide grin, his voice became mirthful "Not... Jacques, no. Isaac, Isaac Hawking. But I can't exactly blame you for not remembering me, I tend to have very little to do with House Canis, mostly I just make use of their Lunar calenders and starmaps. Soren though, right?"

He stopped as the older gentlemen came in and he listened attentively to the proposition before doing some quick mental calculations. Twelve hundred gold pieces for a family heirloom. That was a respectable sum, but why the need for so many bodies? Surely this job couldn't be that difficult. Something was off here, but he waited for Torrinus' response to the goblin's query before posing any of his own.

shugyosha
2012-02-24, 10:36 AM
Herlan listen to the tall, grey-haired man. Red Eye voiced his question, though he doubted that they would get a straight answer from him.

[roll0] Sense Motive

Athaleon
2012-02-24, 11:14 AM
Nirallus winces at the goblin's disregard for courtesy, but remains silent so as not to aggravate the situation.

TheGuitar
2012-02-24, 11:31 AM
Ah of course, Said Torrinus lazily, Where are my manners? Cyrus, do grab these folks a drink. I assume fruit juice will be ok? Unless of course there are those of you who wish to start with your drinking early. He gave a small smirk at this.

As for the boy, I'm sad to say that, yes while he did make his way into the crypt, he was unable to make his way out. Seeing as the crypt is old and not very large, that can only mean something has moved in, either that or the idiot trapped himself and is starving to death. Of course, if that is the answer, your job should be easy. Now, as for why I'm asking you, and not those in the house, I'm ashamed to say that I was hoping for a group who wouldn't know me, or at least only vaguely, so as to avoid embarrassment. Though it seems that will not be the case.

Torrinus takes another sip of his juice and Cyrus comes in with a tray with six glasses of an orange colored juice on it. holding it out, he offers it to the party.

Shugyosha
He doesn't seem to be lying, although you get the feeling that he may withholding information, but how vital that information is, you can't tell.

Murillio
2012-02-24, 11:37 AM
Soren Kirkegaard

"Ah yes indeed I am Soren. My apologies Isaac, you looked like a Jacque."

Soren offers his hand to shake but seeing as an important figure is walking in Soren initiates a short vigorous hand shake. Much like Isacc he listens intently. He silently takes notes as he listens to the details. Little boy, 200 gp and a crypt done.

"I accept this job Lord Torrinus. But what of the little boy?"

Soren couldn't let a chance to siphon more money into his wallet pass him by.

"Would you add onto the pay if we brought the boy in?"

Jack DeCoeur
2012-02-24, 11:44 AM
Isaac Hawking

As Isaac shook hands with Soren he flashed a warm smile, conveying 'no harm done.'

"Your hospitality is appreciated" he said after hearing the old man's reply to the Goblin's question, reaching for a glass of juice he continued "can I infer that you have no idea what we are dealing with however?" He took a long swig of his drink and let out an appreciative sigh.

shugyosha
2012-02-24, 11:45 AM
Herlan smiles slightly as he steps forward. "Yes, Soren is right, who is this boy. And how is it that you know that the boy hid it there?"

Do I have to roll every sentence for a sense motive check?

TheGuitar
2012-02-24, 12:08 PM
Mmm, as much as I would enjoy you bringing the boy in, I'm afraid I do know that would be impossible. Shortly afterward, I hired a friend of mine to track him, which is how I found out that he was at the crypt. I sent in three of my personal guard to collect him, but only one man returned- A small pause as Torrinus seems to actually be saddened by this fact, He carried with him the boys dead body, I don't know what happened to my two other guards, but I knew that I would need help, and as I said, my pride didn't allow me to ask the house for help.

Shugyosha
No, not for the rest of this conversation. Unless you want to try for a higher roll. Also, the story of the soldiers and finding the boy seem to be undoubtedly true.

Chained Birds
2012-02-24, 12:26 PM
Hedge

"Okay? I don't quite get the motives of this boy, though he does seem like he wanted to get your attention or something. Either way, I'll join this group and use my skills to best of my ability. Though I can't help but feel that you- Never mind, I guess that would be too harsh to say to someone I've just met."

She'll sit down patiently for the remainder of the meeting until it is time to leave. Though she wished she could have gotten a drink seeing as how the man was rude enough to enjoy his beverage in front of his guests without offering anything. A House Innistrad member would have offered, at least Red Eyes would have at the very least.

shugyosha
2012-02-24, 12:30 PM
Herlan

"Thank you for your honesty," Herlan says and finally takes a sip of the offered juice.
"I can promise you my complete discretion on this matter. But I want to interview your guard that made it back and the dead boys body if possible. After that I will tell you our fee." He looks to the others and hopes they agree.

Murillio
2012-02-24, 01:50 PM
Soren Kirkegaard

"I see. Darn."

Losing a chance to get extra money Soren moves onto more important business. He gulps down his juice before speaking again.

"Apologies for the little one. She might seem harsh but I'm semi sure she be flirtin'. It's hard for women not to flirt, ya see?"

Shifting slightly in his seat Soren address Herlan.

"Good idea my friend! Interrogating the guard will likely help us learn what to expect in that crypt. Why it could be anything from an undead necromancer lord to simply dragon eating glob of goo. Maybe even a scientific abomination set out to destroy the entire city -- due to accidental chemical spills. Or, well I suppose you get the point."

Soren pauses for a second.

"You wouldn't happen to have a map of the crypt handy?"

Soren continues to dream up various monster he might want to encounter during the trip. He whispers one out accidentally.

"...ancient wizard whos brain and soul are stuck in a top hat..."

shugyosha
2012-02-24, 06:58 PM
Herlan

Torrinus takes another sip of his juice and Cyrus comes in with a tray with six glasses of an orange colored juice on it. holding it out, he offers it to the party.

Red Eyes
She'll sit down patiently for the remainder of the meeting until it is time to leave. Though she wished she could have gotten a drink seeing as how the man was rude enough to enjoy his beverage in front of his guests without offering anything. A House Innistrad member would have offered, at least Red Eyes would have at the very least.

Herlan politely passes a glass to any that didn't get one from Cyrus' tray.

Athaleon
2012-02-24, 07:11 PM
Nirallus had been watching the proceedings closely enough that he was slightly startled by the proffered glass. Nodding his thanks, he takes a sip and enters the conversation:

"There's no need for idle speculation on what might be down there, no point until we interview the surviving guard and inspect the boy's body."

TheGuitar
2012-02-24, 07:57 PM
Ah yes, I had thought you'd want to talk to him, I hope he's able to provide you with enough information. Torrinus Glances over to Cyrus, If you'd be so kind as to get Mr. Derricks.

After a short time, a small man, probably only about 5' 6" walks in. He wears silver armor, bearing the emblem of the house Skrym, as well as a smaller crest, presumably the crest of Torrinus. He seems to be on the younger side, and you can tell is still a little shaken from his experience, knowing he will have to recount it.

Mr. Derricks, I know it may be hard, but please tell us what happened in the crypt.

The soldier take a moment and then begins to speak, It was just like you said sir, we went searching for the boy... and when we went in there... well, none of the torches were lit, so we lit 'em up, and we saw a couple shadows of something, but we thought they were ours. So we went in further, and these shadows... they started moving on their own, like they were alive an they started attacking us. One of 'em got me, and it felt like all my strength was being drained, real cold. We were trying to hit 'em with our swords, but they didn't do nothing to 'em. I watched Captain Marks go down, just died right there, no blood or nothing. I noticed a small body in the corner of the room, near the door... I noticed it was the boys... I figured if I grabbed it he might still have the thing you were looking for, so I went and ran, I though Josh was right behind me... but... he wasn't. Mr. Derricks finishes his tale and does his best to keep from breaking down.

shugyosha
2012-02-24, 08:33 PM
Herlan

The hawkish man rubs his nose then pulls at his chin as he listens to the soldier's tale.

"Thank you Mr. Derricks. Can you draw us a map of the crypt?"
Turning to Torrinus, "What did you do with the boy's body?" he asks.

Whatever Knowledge skill is appropriate to identify this creature. Dungeoneering, religion, nature, and arcana are all +7
[roll0]

Jack DeCoeur
2012-02-25, 06:06 AM
Isaac Hawking

Isaac listened intently to the guards tale. It was an interesting one to be sure, he had a nagging feeling he'd heard of these shadowy creatures before and started to browse through his mental library.

Knowledge of the Shadow creatures:
Unless I'm very much mistaken, that would K(Religion): [roll0]

Once Derricks had finished his story and Herlan had fired forward his question Isaac in turn threw a slightly irratated look at the investigator's lack of tact. Isaac placed his glass back on its original tray and maneuvered his way across the room to the stricken guard, placing a hand on his shoulder. "It's ok my man. You did the right thing. If you had stayed to try and help, you'd probably still be there too, then where would we be?" A small, sympathetic smile. "Hopefully this way we can at least get some kind of justice for them and retrieve them for proper funeral rights. Now, I know it's tough, but if you could tell or draw" a glance at Herlan "us anything you can remember about the tomb, I'm sure it'll help." He produced a sheet of paper "forgive me Mr. Torrinus, do you have a pen I could borrow?"

TheGuitar
2012-02-25, 09:21 PM
We had to return the boy's body to his family, said Torrinus, However, I can tell you that Mr. Derricks description is quite accurate, I saw the body myself. There seemed nothing physically wrong with it, save the fact that the boy was dead. As far as the crypt is concerned, it is a smaller one, only four rooms. The largest is the entrance room, then there is a room on the right, left and center. He pauses, seeming to consider something. There is something else, House Skrym has been known to booby trap the crypts, in order to harass grave robbers. While in my research I have learned of any in this particular crypt, I still have my suspicions, so do be careful.

Shugyosha
The descriptions seem to fit a creature known as a shadow, incorporeal undead that feed off of the strength of the living. You also recall that any person killed by a shadow will become one shortly after, and that armor offers no resistance against their attacks.

Jack
There is an undead creature that resembles what you hear... something to do with shadows, but your memory falters on the exact name.

shugyosha
2012-02-26, 02:05 AM
Herlan

"Damn," Herlan muttered under his breath. He turns to the others, "We are dealing with at least one shadow, a incorporeal undead creature that drains a man's strength."

Turning back to Torrinus, "200 gold is fine but you will include expenses and healing and restoration once we get your ring back."

Chained Birds
2012-02-26, 12:37 PM
Red Eyes

"Okay, that sounds dangerous (for me) but whatever. If it becomes too much, I can always leave you all for dead or something along those lines. I know I'm not going to go down in a blaze of glory over some jewelry. Just saying.
Besides that, when we accomplish our objective, House Innistrad will take care of any injuries I might sustain, so there is no need for you to waste any resources other than that 200gp on me."

She takes a small sip on the glass she was given.

Athaleon
2012-02-26, 12:54 PM
Nirallus

"This isn't really my area of expertise. Anyone have any ideas on the best way to fight these creatures? I mean, we can assume that mundane weapons won't do anything."

shugyosha
2012-02-26, 05:57 PM
Herlan

"Your sense of self preservation is good, but survival will take all of our efforts," he says to the goblin.

Answering Nirallus' question, "Magic and magic weapons would work but armor will not protect us."

"Damn," he mutters again, "Torrinus, we may have a bigger problem. Undead begets undead through their victims. We will be facing that shadow and possibly two more that were your guards. In fact you best send a priest or two to the boy's home and make sure his body hasn't turned. We might be facing a shadow epidemic."

Murillio
2012-02-26, 07:45 PM
Soren Kirkegaard

"You're right." Soren retorts to Nirallus's comment. He promptly stops any idle speculation.

Soren stays quiet letting the others ask questions. He does nod when necessary. Hearing what we'll be facing Soren thinks up ways to take down these shadows. Seeing as they are ghostly according to Herlan hitting them may be a problem. Soren scratches his head in thought. A small habit he's picked up over the years. But upon hearing Herlan swear under his breath Soren snaps out of his thoughts in order to her Herlan clearly.

"Good one about the priests. Wouldn't you say we should come along to help in case the situation is as bad as we think? Best to stifle possibly probably problems before venturing into the crypt. Its not like the shadows would leave the crypt right? I mean they did inhabit the crypt for a reason."

He pausess then adds.

"Also what can take down these shadows? A mean they are practically ghosts.."

Jack DeCoeur
2012-02-27, 05:31 AM
Isaac Hawking

Herlan's comments shake something loose within Isaac's mind "This could be a problem. I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'm not really equipped to fight incorporeal undead. I could be some help, sure, but not much." He paused, his face having lost its smile. "Maybe..." he begins again tentatively "would holy water work?" He's pretty sure it will, but having very little idea about the exact specifics of the creatures the question is directed at Herlan, who seems to at least know something about the damned things.

TheGuitar
2012-02-27, 04:20 PM
I will make sure the boy's family is safe, assuming it is not too late. Torrinus looks over to Mr.Derricks tentatively, Do you think these creatures can be defeated?

Aye, responds Derricks, I imagine so, if you got magic and all that, plus that holy water idea... I wish we'd have thought of it.

I also believe Eliffain will be of some use, interrupted Torrinus looking at the drow, dealing with creatures like this is a paladin's specialty, is it not?

shugyosha
2012-02-27, 05:03 PM
Herlan

"Mr Derrick, be assured that they will be defeated by what you have said today," Herlan says to the battle wiry soldier.

Looking back at Torrinus, "One more thing before we gather our provisions, what does this ring look like? Is it magical?"

Celestin
2012-02-28, 12:51 AM
Ellifain

I had accepted the glass from Herlan with a smile, yet other than that I had been content to stay quiet and listen to what was being said.

I was glad that Herlan had said something of the boy and his fate. I would hate to go and retrieve the ring just to come back and find several deaths.

Isaac bringing up the holy water was also another thing to note. It is definitely a helpful way to battle what we could be facing, though if they are shadow creatures than it would be more difficult.

"I also believe Eliffain will be of some use, dealing with creatures like this is a paladin's specialty, is it not?"

"Dealing with undead is one of a paladin's specialties, though incorporeal undead are more difficult to handle." Though if these creatures rely on shadow to hide, I would have one more advantage over most paladins.

"With a few flasks of holy water though, it shouldn't be to difficult. Since we know what we are searching for, they won't be able to catch us unawares so easily. Also," turning my attention to Derrick, "from how you described it earlier it seemed as if the boy only made it into the first room? If so than we may not have to difficult of a search."

So there were at least three shadows in there if Herlan was right about the undead multiplying, but what about the dead boy.

k(religion)[roll0] to try and figure out how long it takes to raise as an undead, as well as if the body is affected.
Again sorry for the delay, though now I am finally home with my consistent internet. So long sporadic posting.

Athaleon
2012-02-28, 01:31 PM
Nirallus swore inwardly once again; in his haste to get to House Skrym early, he had prepared his spells ahead of time. Now he wished he had waited until he knew what he was up against. He still had a trick or two he could use, though.

"I can use spell that'll light them up like the city at nighttime, that should make it much easier to track and hit them. It's a one-shot deal, though, so if there are more than one, I should try to catch all of them in the effect.

After that, it's spells, magic weapons, or holy water. I have the second one covered, though it's still a good idea for each of us to take a flask or two of the holy water."

TheGuitar
2012-02-28, 11:06 PM
Torrinus listens carefully as the group begins to discuss strategy. He then butts in saying, I believe holy water will work well, however, the crypt is a few hours outside of the city. I don't mean to rush, however, I think this job should be done post-haste, particularly considering this new information. The more time it's left, the more people can wander in and the more shadows there may be. I will have Cyrus lead you to the path, then it will be a walk through the forest until you hit the crypt. The path is clear enough that you should have no trouble.

OOC
Any last questions/statements you wanna make, would like to get moving fairly soon.

shugyosha
2012-02-29, 12:21 AM
Herlan

"How will we identify your ring?" he asks as he moves to the door.

Jack DeCoeur
2012-02-29, 05:21 AM
Isaac Hawking

Torrinus had a point, they should get moving as soon as possible. "Yeah, I agree. But I need to pick some stuff up, can we meet back outside here in, what, half an hour? By the way, I've just realised that you can buy an oil that magics up your weapon for a minute or so. It's pretty cheap, throw me fifty gold and I'll pick one up for anyone that needs it whilst I get my own." He listened to Herlan's question "heh, yup, may be worth finding out. Listen, if there's nothing else of import I'll be back soon." With that he shambled over to the door, waited a few more seconds to see if anyone had anything important to add and/or wanted to take him up on his offer and then left to contact one of his suppliers.
After a second or two he popped his head back around the door "Thanks for your hospitality by the way." A pause "and the juice." Grinning he left for good this time.

Murillio
2012-02-29, 08:47 AM
Soren Kirkegaard

Soren takes up Isaac's offer; throwing him a 50 gold pouch. Before Isaac leaves he asks him a question.

"Isaac, could you haggle that price down a bit? 50 may be the shop owners asking price but for people like us the asking price is anything less than their asking price if you know what I mean. Perhaps we can get a bundle discount?"

Soren shrugs slightly embarrassed by his blatant frugality. He turns back thanking the host for his hospitality and apologizing again about any rude behavior. He grabs another drink before heading out.

"I'll be waiting outside the complex for Isaac. We should go as a group so make sure that everyone goes together eh?"

Soren directs that towards Herlan.

Athaleon
2012-02-29, 09:35 AM
"If we're meeting back here in half an hour, I'm going to hit up the nearest temple for a flask of holy water. Anyone else wants any, let me know."

Chained Birds
2012-02-29, 10:20 AM
Red Eyes

The young goblin leaves the room and waits outside with Soren. With nothing better to do while she waits for everyone to get their supplies, Red Eyes decides to monologue:

"When things start to go down, I'll sneak off and look for that ring. I doubt the Shadows will want anything to do with it, so it's probably in the crypt somewhere. I'll just be a burden to the rest of the group if I choose to fight; and I might even turn into one of them considering how weak I am against creatures no discernible anatomy.
I'm only telling you this so that I'll have an alibi for when I disappear during battle, and why I should still get the gold even if I didn't actually fight."

Murillio
2012-02-29, 10:33 AM
Soren Kirkegaard

Soren responds to Nirallus.

"I wouldn't mind one. Perhaps you should grab at least one for each of the party. Minus our guide of course."

Waiting out with the goblin, Soren listens to her rambling.

"I feel your pain little one. Having studied various anatomies of various creatures it's a bit disheartening that I won't be able to use my skills in this fight. Though I still do have a back up. And you shouldn't worry because the initial job was to retrieve the ring; not fight these shadows so not being able to fight shouldn't make it so you are not allowed the payment."

After a short pause.

"Also if you don't mind if you see me down and think me dead chances are I am just in a coma. I should probably mention that to the rest of the group...."

shugyosha
2012-02-29, 11:17 AM
Herlan

Agreeing with Soren, "Yes, a flask of holy water for me will be appreciated."

Turning to Red Eyes, "Careful if you run off. They said their crypt is most likely booby trapped. I don't want you setting them off."

Jack DeCoeur
2012-02-29, 03:50 PM
Isaac Hawking

After leaving the group and the house with his order he moved across town as quickly as his legs would allow. Before long Isaac was outside an apothecary of sorts, run by one of his former peers from the Alchemists' Guild.

Entering he moved up to the counter. "Morning guv'ner" he flashed a smile, "I've got a job and need a couple of things? I'm looking for two of the Magic Weapon oils you sometimes have in and a flask of Holy Water if you've got them. Also, don't suppose I could get mate's rates on those could I?"

Diplomacy roll for some kind of discount from market price
[roll0]

Chained Birds
2012-02-29, 06:05 PM
Red Eyes

Turning to Herlan,

"I don't know, what sounds better? Getting shot by a few darts from a trap, or getting my spirit sapped from my body til I turn into an unholy abomination that seeks to do the same to everyone around me? My chances of survival greatly improve when I'm away from things I can't kill, that's why I like hanging out with creatures with a determinable anatomy."

She smiles a bit before turning back to Soren,

"So you get into comas easily? That sounds fairly unpleasant. Oh, what's you favorite body part to target when attacking? I usually go for the femoral arteries seeing as a simple cut there can kill off a regular person in a minute or two due to severe blood loss, and that area of the body is usually unprotected. Though the heart or liver are always good places to strike at when armor is not in the way."

Athaleon
2012-02-29, 06:08 PM
Nirallus left to visit the nearest temple, thankful for the fact that most of them sold holy water at-cost. He hated haggling, mainly because he was no good at it.

Niro will buy two vials for himself and one for each party member, then head back to House Skrym and await the group's departure.

Murillio
2012-02-29, 06:54 PM
Soren Kirkegaard

"Hum, I wouldn't say that I get into coma's easily. It's more like that I choose to be in a coma. So I guess you could say it IS easy but not really. My favorite body part to target when I'm attacking? I'll have to say the abdomen. I've always found giving a Caesarean section mid battle to be quite amusing. I try to keep the organs intact so depending on how exact my cut is their organs would fall out due to strenuous activities. Of course if they decide to stop attacking they'll be safe -- assuming I don't keep attacking. The look on their face if their organs falls out is quite frightening and tends to demoralize their allies. If I was truly intent on killing someone I'd go for the carotid artery as that is the easiest and quickest way to take someone down quickly...at least for someone of my stature. It's a rare sight for me to go for the femoral artery seeing as its quite low and slightly harder to hit for me."

Realizing he'd trailed on for awhile Soren looks down to the little goblin. He holds his hands behind his back.

"It's quite nice to have someone to talk about this with."

Chained Birds
2012-02-29, 07:35 PM
Red Eyes

"Yes, yes it is. By the way, you can call me Red Eyes. It's not a real name or anything, but it is something for people to call. Though shouting 'Goblin' could also work considering the lack of my own kind under the Houses' services."

Murillio
2012-02-29, 09:13 PM
Soren Kirkegaard

"Uh huh, uh huh. I see I see."

Soren nods his head at your last three statements.

"Red it is then."

TheGuitar
2012-02-29, 11:58 PM
Ah the ring, says Torrinus before everyone departs, this ring is made of a steel in fused with obsidian, so it looks to be a black metal. On the top is an emblem, not of house Skrym, but of my ancestors house before joining the city, a dragon, surrounded by flames and carrying a rider on the back, it should be in gold on the ring.

Issac
The shopkeep looks at you, surprised by your friendliness. A'right mate, he says, I c'n give you them potions an' the holy water for... say 90 gold.

Nirallus
The priest seems very understanding of your plight. Here, he says, take them. There is no need to charge a price, if I can help such evil be defeated. You get 7 flasks of holy water fo' free!

Athaleon
2012-03-01, 12:14 AM
Nirallus

Niro thanked the priest with unaccustomed sincerity before departing. He rejoins the party and passes the holy water around.

"Everyone take a flask. Even if you have spells or a magic weapon, it never hurts to bring backup."

Jack DeCoeur
2012-03-01, 06:08 AM
Isaac Hawking

"Ninety gold? Done. Nice one buddy. Have a good day now." Isaac pushed the coins across the counter and stashed his recently acquired purchases into his backpack before returning to the appointed meeting place. Looked like he was the last one to arrive.

He spied Soren and tossed him the magic oil and returned fourteen gold pieces."Managed to haggle him down some, here you go. Are we all here?" He realised Nirallus was holding out a flask of Holy Water, Isaac smiled and took it gratefully. "Thanks, you want any coin for this?"

shugyosha
2012-03-01, 10:25 AM
Herlan

With all the information he needs, the detective is ready to leave. On his way out he says to Red Eyes, "Its not the darts I'm worried about it is the gas trap that gets all of us that worries me. Let me check the place before you go off on your own."

Athaleon
2012-03-01, 10:32 AM
Nirallus shakes his head, "The temple was kind enough to provide it free of charge."

Chained Birds
2012-03-01, 12:37 PM
Red Eyes

"I'm thankful for the free gift, I will definitely sell it for a profit use it against the foes we might be facing."

She turns to Herlan,

"It's a small crypt with only a few rooms. I doubt it's even trapped at all, let alone with some high class gas trap. Or is Skrym known for poisoning people?"

Murillio
2012-03-01, 05:43 PM
Soren Kirkegaard

"Best be safe Red. Besides I have a hard enough time staying conscious with my own stink -- who knows what noxious trap gas would do to my dainty nose?"

Soren accepts all the new treasures being handed out. He gives hand shakes to both Isaac and Nirallus right after they hand over the goods.

"Thank the temple and thank you Isaac for the 14 gold back. Now..."

Soren turns his eyes to Herlan and Ellifain (if Ellifain is there.)

"I suppose its turning out that you two are the go to leaders of this little adventure. I'll be following your lead."

shugyosha
2012-03-01, 11:42 PM
Herlan

Herlan nod in appreciation to Soren's vote of confidence. "Well, if you think it is best, I would need to know what each of us is capable. For me, in a fight I have this bow, other than that I prefer to think my way out of things."

Jack DeCoeur
2012-03-02, 10:09 AM
Isaac Hawking

"Honestly, I am far more effective at taking on living targets than dead ones, but I've got some minor buff spells and am pretty good with my morning star" he tapped his weapon, residing on his belt. "Other than that, well, we'll see what happens I guess."

Chained Birds
2012-03-02, 11:53 AM
Red Eyes

"I usually just try to get 1 good stab into my foe and leave them alone for others to take on, or the foe just dies from the stab itself. But against ghosts, I have no tactic other than sneak by them and pray they don't have some otherworldly sense that can detect me."

Wisely twirls around a dagger that came out of seemingly nowhere.

"Oh, and I can do a nifty trick I learned from my Master. Here, let me show you."

She grabs Isaac and leads him to some open area in front about 10ft away.

"Okay, hit me with that Morning Star of yours. I won't dodge the attack or anything, and I will not counterattack. You also don't have to bother going easy on me either, though wasting resources on this little demonstration would be unwise."

Jack DeCoeur
2012-03-02, 12:16 PM
Isaac Hawking

A pause "...ok." He drew his weapon and brought it down towards the goblin in a wide arc aiming, for better or worse at the top of her head.

Attack roll [roll0] and Damage, I guess [roll1]

[edit] ...a quality attack roll there...

Chained Birds
2012-03-02, 12:20 PM
Red Eyes

[roll0]

Red Eyes is struck by the blow (which would have missed normally, but she let it hit for this demonstration) and rolls 5ft away from Isaac. Staggering a bit, she gets to her feet and appears unharmed in any way.

"Not a scratch."

Jack DeCoeur
2012-03-02, 12:38 PM
Isaac Hawking

Isaac's broad smile spread across his face. "Impressive trick. Pretty useful I'd guess." He holstered his weapon.

shugyosha
2012-03-02, 12:44 PM
Herlan

"What can you do at range?" asks Herlan to Isaac.

TheGuitar
2012-03-02, 01:28 PM
As group gathers back outside the Skrym house, the sun is hitting it's peak. The elven servant watches as the goblin shows off her moves, taking no damage from the morningstar.

Torrinus, seeing that the group has assembled, walks towards you.

Hello. As I said, Cyrus will lead you to the path. It is fairly straight forward and well trodden, so it should be simple to get to the crypt. It is a few hours southwest of the city, but you should be able to make it before nightfall, however, if you choose to rest and don't make it back until tomorrow, I will understand. If I don't hear from you in two days, I'll assume your dead and continue my search. Torrinus looks at Cryus, Alright, show them out.

The elf walks down the stairs to the head of the party, and says Follow me. He then begins to lead you out of the city.

OOC
If anyone wants to chat/RP on the walk, feel free. I'm holding it a little bit in hopes that Celestin will have his internet back soon and be able to post a little more regularly, which will be necessary for fighting and such.

Chained Birds
2012-03-02, 03:31 PM
Red Eyes

"I've got ways of dealing with ranged attacks too."

When the elf begins to lead she becomes silent and swiftly stores her weapon away when everyone is looking at the elf.
She has no plans of dying today, let alone turning into a Shadow creature. Though she still wants to complete her mission as a representative of her House.

Jack DeCoeur
2012-03-02, 05:14 PM
Isaac Hawking

In response to Herlan's query he responds "against these shadow creatures? Not much unfortunately." A shrug "like I say, we'll see how this goes."

With that, Isaac follows the rest of the party as they move out, he quickly falls to the rear and is forced to push himself, somewhat painfully to keep up with the faster members of the group.

TheGuitar
2012-03-05, 12:14 PM
Cyrus guides you out of the city and through some of the outlying farms. He takes you to the edge of the forest and shows you a fairly large trail leading into the forest. This will take you to the crypt, it's a few hours down the road, best of luck to you. And with that he turns and begins walking back to the city. The forest looks serene enough, as it's about one in the afternoon, and the sun is hanging high in the sky, making a warmer day.
As you walk through the forest, the sounds of the birds and chattering animals greets your ears, the sun hangs slightly lower in the sky as you walk.

Herlan
You hear the breaking of a branch, the step of something that is out of the ordinary from what you have been hearing.

shugyosha
2012-03-05, 10:09 PM
Herlan

As discretely as possible Herlan whispers "We are being watched or followed."

Can he tell what direction it is coming from?

Chained Birds
2012-03-05, 10:33 PM
Red Eyes

Trying not looking too obvious, Red Eyes tries to spot whoever might be tailing them.

Bluff: [roll0] and/or Stealth: [roll1]
- To hide her perception actions.
Perception (Spot): [roll2]
- To spy whoever might be following them.

TheGuitar
2012-03-05, 11:56 PM
Shugyosha
Sounds like it was coming from your right. However, I'd suggest a perception check to see other things and get some more info

Chained Birds
You do very well at looking nonchalant, at the expense of your senses though, as you focus too much on that and don't see or hear anything.

shugyosha
2012-03-06, 12:30 AM
Herlan

Herlan takes a quick look to his right.

[roll0]

Athaleon
2012-03-06, 03:25 AM
Nirallus

Niro heard one of his companions whisper that they were being followed. Sharp as he was, he still missed a lot of things that others could detect with the five senses. He supposed he'd better try the sixth. After a moment, he announces clearly:

"Don't mind me, just readying myself for the fight down there."

Casting the spell with a word and a gesture, he opens his senses to the arcane. If the person tailing them was nearby and had a magic item on them, he'd detect it. If he detected nothing, well, they were no worse off than before. After a moment, and with an affected air of laziness, he sweeps his gaze over the area to their right.

Jack DeCoeur
2012-03-06, 10:42 AM
Isaac Hawking

Followed eh? Being at the back of the group gave Isaac a good vantage point to have a look around, he feigned a stumble (not that hard a task) and used his recovery to sweep his gaze over the surrounding area.

[roll0]

TheGuitar
2012-03-06, 10:52 AM
Shugyosha
You are unable to see anything through the trees.

Athaleon
Whatever may be stalking you does nto seem to have any sort of magic in or on it.

Jack DeCoeur
As you look up from your "Trip" You see a small shadowed figure, seeming to be holding a spear.

Murillio
2012-03-06, 01:46 PM
Soren Kirkegaard

Soren enjoyed Red's little side show so he clapped accordingly. Not finding an acceptable place to talk about his abilities Soren talked about it during the groups walk. He finishes just before Cyrus turned home. With a small wave and quick good bye Soren bid Cyrus farewell. After what Soren assumes is a small walk he responds to Herlan's whisper by unsheathing his Morning Star. Then he tries his best to see where this possible threat could be.

"Oi, show yourself. Didn't your mum ever tell you stalking is a bad habit?"

[roll0] Perception

shugyosha
2012-03-06, 02:18 PM
Herlan

Soren's words gave only one possible response. Herlan turned to his right and said "Alright, you can come on out, you're not fooling anyone."

[roll0] bluff

Jack DeCoeur
2012-03-06, 03:06 PM
Isaac Hawking

Isaac grinned "I'd do what these gentlemen ask if I were you. I can see where you are, if we have to come and get you, things will be a lot more difficult all around."

TheGuitar
2012-03-08, 12:16 AM
Issac's words have no reply, and for a moment there in complete silence. All of a sudden, the woods seem to fire spears at the party. They fire pretty inaccurately however, as most of them fall into the ground harmlessly. One however, is slightly more on target, and nicks the leg of Issac before reaching the ground. A trickle of blood begins to run out of the wound.

With that, about 10 goblins emerge from the woods, all brandishing spears, and all looking very intent on killing you.

Battle Map (https://docs.google.com/a/loop.colum.edu/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AguFl0oVyIiqdGctYTVUSk1tUURVOVRiT0dORERGR mc#gid=0)

OOC
Goblin rolls a 22 total which hits Issac for 3 HP.

I decided that because of all the conversation and such, you were all fairly prepared for something, and no one was caught flat footed.

Alright, We can either roll init here or in the OOC thread, but lets do it and get this battle started. Also, I decided on a smiley face for Nirallus, cause why not? The terrain Key is on the side of the map, and the character key in on the bottom. Let me know if the link's not working for you, or if you're confused about anything.

Chained Birds
2012-03-08, 12:49 AM
Red Eyes

Noticing her own kind, she first checks to see if any of the goblins are wearing masks (for males of her clan) or skull helms (for females of her clan). If non are present, she'll speak up to any Goblin that looks like the leader of this particular group,

"Are you from the Ragnarok Clan like me? Regardless, please save me from these terrible creatures!"
Bluff: [25]

If she receives a positive reaction from the Goblins, she'll raise her hands in surrender. If she feels they're still going to act hostile towards her, she'll draw a hidden dagger from her scarf and actively search out the strongest goblin in the group.
-- If Positive --
Perception (Spot): [23]
Knowledge (Local): [18]
- To determine the Goblin Clan and its familiarity with Red Eyes's Clan.

-- If Negative/Hostile --
Standard Action: Draw Hidden Dagger
Move Action /or Free Action: Perception (search): [17]

OOC
Edited to include Re-rolls from the OOC

TheGuitar
2012-03-08, 01:17 AM
The Goblins simply snicker as Red Eye's words.

Chained Birds
You note that their armor has a specific sign woven into the hide. It is representative of a clan that had allied itself with a hobgoblin clan. They seek only to take territory and have come into conflict with your clan before.

Also, you manage to draw your dagger without their notice, so it would seem.

Chained Birds
2012-03-08, 09:52 AM
Red Eyes

Scowling after identifying the clan,

"Still haven't changed your ways I see? You all should make peace with the other races rather than traveling down this path of destruction. But I guess it'll be useless to argue with a bunch of low-life bandits like you lot.

Don't worry about these guys, they're just a bunch of bandits seeking territory. The ineptitude of other clans can be quite staggering."

She'll continue to hold her stance with her weapon hidden from sight.

Athaleon
2012-03-08, 10:26 AM
Nirallus

As he draws his weapon, Nirallus tells the goblins in an exasperated tone to "Go away, before you all get hurt."

He readies his Color Spray spell to fire into a group of goblins if they move in.

shugyosha
2012-03-08, 11:00 AM
Herlan

They were surrounded. He nocked arrow while quickly accessing the situation. "We should get out of here. They have good cover and we are not paid to fight them."

Jack DeCoeur
2012-03-08, 02:50 PM
Isaac Hawking

Isaac felt the arrow hit him and looking down he saw the blood, but the pain was minimal. A lot of the nerves in that general area were less than fully operational, he shrugged, every cloud, as the say.

"Maybe not" he began in response to Herlan's statement "but I strongly suspect that asking them to leave nicely wont work so well" he grinned again. He flexed his fingers, the ones around his shield grip with his right and the empty ones with his left. It'd had been a while since he'd fought anything, but he was far from rusty. "And don't worry, cover wont protect them from most of what I can do."

Murillio
2012-03-08, 07:57 PM
Soren Kirkegaard

Naturally moving back to back with his fellow clan mate Soren readies his muscles for an attack as soon as any goblin comes within range of his weapon Mr. Bashir.

"Before we leave we might have to smash our way out. Red your skills shall be highly useful in case we get more surrounded."

Move Action: Moving back to back with Isaac.
Standard Action: Readied attack.

[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Damage

In case of crit if ^ that is a 28.
[roll2] Attack
[roll3] Damage

shugyosha
2012-03-09, 01:01 AM
Herlan

Damn, he thought to himself, everyone else appeared ready for a fight. Herlan takes aim at the nearest goblin. He'll fire if the others decide to fight.

attack
[roll]1d20 cover
1d6+1 damage

Herlan will fire if anyone else in the party attacks. He will take a 5 foot step back if possible.

TheGuitar
2012-03-09, 02:23 PM
The Goblins begin to move-in upon the group, Luckily, Issac notices at the first twitch, and begins to take action.

Jack Decour's Turn!

Battle Map (https://docs.google.com/a/loop.colum.edu/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AguFl0oVyIiqdGctYTVUSk1tUURVOVRiT0dORERGR mc#gid=0)

OOC
Alright, everyone who's requested me should be able to see the map. Also, I think I figured out how to make so that you guys don't have to request every new map. Initiative order is below the map, and Jack gets to go first.

Jack DeCoeur
2012-03-11, 07:07 AM
Isaac Hawking

Goblins eh? Interesting. Isaac adjusted his position slightly so that he could better engulf the three nearest aggressors with his magic. They had fired upon them, and injured him, he had no doubt in his mind they intended to do harm.

Muttering under his breath he began to cast his spell, moving his hands carefully so as to not give the nearest goblin an opening to attack him.

A rush of swirling, clashing colours spewed forth from his hands and enveloped the three in front of him, this magic was his speciality, he had faith it would do its intended job.

5ft Step 1 South to D8
Cast Color Spray (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/c/color-spray) defensively DC17. [roll0]
DC to resist = 17 Will Negates.
Awesome Display Mystery = Treat all targets of this spell as having HD -6 (Cha Mod) from their actual value to determine how badly they are affected.

TheGuitar
2012-03-11, 07:14 AM
Jack
Which way are you shooting that thing, right or left?

Jack DeCoeur
2012-03-11, 07:32 AM
Ah sorry, left. The 15ft cone should cover all three of them from that position by my reckoning.

TheGuitar
2012-03-11, 07:41 AM
A spray of color fires from Issac's hand, moving to the three goblins on his left. Two of them are looking straight at Issac and, when light hits them, immediate fall to the ground unconscious. The third however, seems to have a resolve hsi brothers do not and stays standing, ready for battle.

Chained Bird's Turn!

OOC
Goblins rolled 19, 13, 12 for save. Goblins in B9 and C9 both stunned/Blinded/unconscious for 3 rounds, unconscious and stunned for 2 rounds and stunned for 1 round.

Chained Birds
2012-03-11, 10:16 AM
Red Eyes

"So I guess we'll be taking care of these guys? Very well."

The young goblin dashes past her allies and into the bushes. She swiftly makes it behind one of the goblins and attempts to stab him with the hidden weapon she had taken out earlier.

Move Action: Move to H2 avoiding any and all Attacks of Opportunity from Goblin G3.
Standard Action: Hidden Dagger Attack vs Goblin G3 (Sneak Attack if able).
- Attack: [roll0]
- Damage: [roll1]
- Crit Attack: [roll2]
- Crit Damage: [roll3]
- Sneak Attack (if allowed): [roll4] + 3 Bleed Damage Each Round unless target makes a DC 15 Heal check as a Standard Action.

TheGuitar
2012-03-11, 04:52 PM
Red Eyes quickly moves into the bushes and strikes at a goblin, the goblin however, saw her coming and easily dodges the blow. It tries to strike back but Red Eyes is far to agile for the goblin to hit. Most of the goblins seem fairly clumsy with their spears, missing by miles. One comes close to hitting Nirallus, but he manages to parry the goblin away.

Shugyosha's Turn!

OOC
Nary a hit. I'll have to roll better. :smalltongue:

shugyosha
2012-03-11, 05:37 PM
Herlan

They were right in front of him with their pointy sticks. Their vicious smiles of sharp teeth taunted Herlan. Even with an arrow ready, the detective could think of nothing but to wave the bow from side to side blocking the threats of goblins.

"I could use some help here."

OCC: taking completely defensive action. +4 AC and no attack

TheGuitar
2012-03-11, 05:47 PM
The goblins snicker at Herlan.

Athaleon's Turn!

OOC
Just good to stay in the habit of making one of these.

Athaleon
2012-03-11, 06:11 PM
Nirallus

As the foes close in, Nirallus charges his weapon with arcane power

Taking a cue from Isaac, he fires a spray of bright light from his hand into a pair of goblins attacking Herlan, even has he parries the spear of one Goblin and counters with a quick jab of his scimitar, more to keep his opponent on guard than to try to do damage.

Swift action to spend an Arcane Pool point to increase his Scimitar's enhancement bonus by +1.

Using Spell Combat to make an attack against the Goblin at E7, and fire a Color Spray at the gobbos at C5 and D6. Taking a -4 penalty to his attack roll to gain a +4 bonus to his concentration check to cast defensively.

Attack:
[roll0]

Damage:
[roll1]

Critical Confirmation and damage, if necessary:
[roll2]
[roll3]

Concentration Check (DC 17):
[roll4]

Color Spray effect duration (Will save, DC 15):
Unconscious, Blinded, Stunned:
C5: [roll5]
D6: [roll6]

Blinded and Stunned:
C5: [roll7]
D6: [roll8]

TheGuitar
2012-03-11, 06:44 PM
Nirallus concentrates and fires a beam of color directly at two goblins, both of them succumbing and falling unconscious. Herlan is also caught in the blast, but manages to stand against the beam, staying conscious. However, Nirallus' concentration on the spell causes him to miss his attack against the goblin right in front of him.

Celestin's Turn!

OOC
Color spray hits both, but luckily Herlan makes his save. Attack misses. All effects on goblins are noted in the battle map.

Athaleon
2012-03-11, 06:48 PM
I should point out that the blast would not have hit Herlan to begin with, as the 15' cone template hits D6, and then fans out in Column C.

TheGuitar
2012-03-11, 09:45 PM
Athaleon
Hmm... if that's true than one of the goblin's Jack hit shouldn't have been hit.

Jack DeCoeur
2012-03-13, 06:50 AM
Huh, you're right actually. I even went to the SRD to look up the template to make sure I'd hit all three :smallredface:. I'll have to check more carefully in the future.

TheGuitar
2012-03-16, 08:33 PM
Ellifian lets out a defiant cry, and takes a swing at the nearest goblin.

OOC
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Confirm Crit [roll2]

TheGuitar
2012-03-16, 08:39 PM
Ellifian swings and misses terribly, the goblin easily dodges the blow.

Battle Map (https://docs.google.com/a/loop.colum.edu/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AguFl0oVyIiqdGctYTVUSk1tUURVOVRiT0dORERGR mc&pli=1#gid=0)

Murillio's Turn!

Murillio
2012-03-17, 06:15 PM
Soren Kirkegaard

Soren shall swing his morning star like a baseball player swinging for a home run -- hopefully hitting the nearest goblin.

Standard Action
[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Damage

In case of cit.
[roll2] Attack
[roll3] Damage

TheGuitar
2012-03-18, 10:05 AM
With a mighty swing, Soren's morning star raises into the air and comes down onto the temple of the goblin before him. The impacts is so hard that the morning start pushes right through the goblin's head, bringing with it a bloody mash of brains and green skin. The now half-headed goblin falls to the floor of the forest, blood leaking out of where the top half of his head used to be.

OOC
Well, well, well. Nice crit. You pretty much did three times the amount of damage it would take to kill one of them.

Battle Map (https://docs.google.com/a/loop.colum.edu/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AguFl0oVyIiqdGctYTVUSk1tUURVOVRiT0dORERGR mc&pli=1#gid=0)

Jack DeCoeur's Turn!

Jack DeCoeur
2012-03-18, 04:43 PM
Isaac Hawking

Well, it worked last time...
Isaac took a few steps back to get out of the nearest goblin's reach and launched another colourful wave of magic at three more of the creatures.

Five foot step to C8. Cast Colour Spray directly left, covering the squares D8, E7,8&9 and F7,8&9.
DC17 Will save, again treating their HD as 6 less for the purposes of effects (not that it matters I don't think).
(Edit: If I can't 5ft step due to the rough terrain (I forget exactly what the rules say about this) Isaac will simply move, sucking up the AoO if it occurs.)

TheGuitar
2012-03-19, 09:42 AM
A Series of colored lights fired from Issac's hand. Two of the goblins are hot by them and stunned, falling to the ground unconscious. The third however, is momentarily blinded, but looks up from the blast unharmed.

OOC
Goblins in E7&E8 both fail their saves. They will be Stunned/Blinded/Unconscious for 2 rounds, Stunned and Blinded for 3 Rounds and Stunned for 1 round.

Chained Birds Turn!

Chained Birds
2012-03-19, 12:04 PM
Red Eyes

Weighing her options, she decides to risk an attack by her opponents to get into a better battle position. She nimbly tumbles through the brush and flanks the Goblin with the Drow Paladin.
Once she's in position, she'll attempt to strike at the goblin with a precise strike at its gut.
Move Action: Move to E2.
- Provoking an AoO from Goblin [G3] and potentially Goblin [E3] if it has reach.
- Tumble Check: [20] (Rolled in OOC)
Standard Action: Bleeding Attack vs Goblin [E3]
- Attack: [roll0]
- Damage: [roll1] + [roll2]
- Crit Attack (19-20): [roll3]
- Crit Damage: [roll4]

TheGuitar
2012-03-19, 02:50 PM
Red Eyes rolls out of the way of the goblin in front of her, and lands right behind a second. This goblin turns around, just in time to see Red Eyes dagger insert itself in a hole in his armor, right into his heart. As the pulls her dagger out, the goblin falls.

The two goblins that are still conscious move against their targets. The Goblin who managed to not be stunned lunges at Issac, but misses. The Goblin avoid by Red Eyes give pursuit, but his attack is easily dodged, by Red Eyes, who is more than ready.

OOC
Hit the goblin with enough damage to take it down. Don't worry about the bleeding attack.

Also, two remaining Goblins miss. The rest are all unconscious.

Shuyosha's Turn!

shugyosha
2012-03-19, 05:57 PM
Herlan

Thanks to his companion he had space and relative safety from these goblins. Taking a step away from he fires the readied arrow at the nearest goblin.

5ft step D4 shooting at C5

[roll0] to hit
[roll1] damage
[roll2] crit
[roll3] crit damage

TheGuitar
2012-03-20, 12:48 PM
Herlan fires off his arrow, and being as his target is currently unconscious, the arrow buries itself into it's arm.

OOC
It hits for 2. The gobbo is currently unconscious though.

Athaleon's Turn!

Athaleon
2012-03-20, 01:34 PM
With the majority of the remaining goblins writhing on the ground and clutching at their faces, Nirallus steps between them to one of the last ones standing, and swings for its neck.

Five foot step to D7 and attacking the one at D8. Reading back through the thread, I'm pretty sure that's one of the last ones left standing. If I'm wrong, he'll just take a regular move action towards the nearest standing one and attack it.

Attack:
[roll0]

Damage:
[roll1]

Critical Confirmation if necessary:
[roll2]
[roll3]

TheGuitar
2012-03-20, 01:45 PM
Nirallus steps over the bodies of the unconscious goblins to the one currently focused on Issac. The goblin pays no notice of this movement, and it turns out to be his undoing, as Nirallus' sword finds it's mark, burying itself deep into the goblin's shoulder. As Nirallus withdraws his sword, the goblin falls, dead.

OOC
Hit and kill. Very nice.

Will take celestin's turn soon, in class right now and can't look at everything I need to.

TheGuitar
2012-03-20, 07:48 PM
Ellifian surveys the battlefield. He steps over to the goblin Herlan has just shot with an arrow. "Best to end these before they awake." And with that he moves to lob off the head of the unconscious goblin.

OOC
Coup de Grace

Damage: [roll0]+[roll1]= 19 Damage.

In one quick move, the head of the unconscious goblin is severed from it's body.

Murillio's Turn!

Murillio
2012-03-21, 04:31 PM
Soren Kirkegaard

"You goblins should give up now. You're climbing an unclimbable wall!"

Flecking off pieces of goblin head Soren steps closer to the nearest goblin. He once again swings his morning star looking to deal a lethal blow.

5 foot step into E6.

Attacking goblin in E7
[roll0]
[roll1]

In case of crit
[roll2]
[roll3]

TheGuitar
2012-03-21, 10:22 PM
To drive his point home, Soren brings his morningstar down on the chest of an unconscious goblin. A loud crunch is heard and the goblin stops breathing.

OOC
Hit, Goblin takes 12 points of damage and is down.

Small note, all the goblins are unconscious save the goblin in F2.

Jack DeCoeur's Turn!

Jack DeCoeur
2012-03-22, 10:03 AM
Isaac Hawking

"You guys," Isaac began as he unhitched his morningstar from his belt "want to capture and interrogate that one," he brought it down in the direction of the unconcious goblin adjacent to him "or shall we just finish them off?"

Move Action: Draw Morningstar
Attack goblin in C9: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Edit: Hmm, hopefully that will hit what with him being helpless and prone... we'll see.

shugyosha
2012-03-22, 10:12 AM
Herlan

"First can anyone speak goblin?" answers the detective with his own question.

Chained Birds
2012-03-22, 03:01 PM
Red Eyes

"..."

Red Eyes looks back at the detective with an expression that means, "Is this guy an idiot or something?"

TheGuitar
2012-03-22, 03:17 PM
Issac asks his question as his morningstar mercilessly comes down on the head of the unconscious goblin, leaving a bleeding dent in it's head, most likely killing it.

"I believe the party goblin may know the language." Says Ellifain with a smirk.

OOC
Hit and dead. being helpless and prone does help.

Red Eye's Turn!

Chained Birds
2012-03-22, 04:28 PM
Red Eyes

"How about giving up? We've got a Paladin in our group, so if you surrender, she'll stop us from killing you.

Probably."

Red Eyes will back off a bit, with a dagger ready to strike at the goblin if he does any action, other than surrendering.

Free Action: 5ft step to D3
Standard Action: Readied Action (Thrown Dagger Attack)
- Attack:[roll0]
- Damage: [roll1]
- Crit Attack (19-20):[roll2]
- Damage: [roll3]

shugyosha
2012-03-22, 10:29 PM
Herlan

It must have been the heat of the fight. Herlan wasn't used to this type of excitement. He was, after all, a thinker not a fighter.

TheGuitar
2012-03-23, 09:54 AM
The Goblin pauses, looking at Red Eyes. He then surveys the battlefield.

Fine, we will give in, but no more of my brethren will be harmed. Once they are able, we will leave.

Chained Birds
2012-03-23, 10:00 AM
Red Eyes

"Good move, but there is one change to your plan. You'll receive a fine for attacking without provication. We'll be taking your spears.

Okay everyone, take their spears away! They have surrendered, but just to be on the safe side."

Red Eyes will approach the conscious Goblin, and hold out a hand demanding his weapon.

Jack DeCoeur
2012-03-23, 11:07 AM
Isaac Hawking

Shrug. "Sounds fair I guess." Despite his light tone he remained ready to catch the remaining concious foe if he tried to flee. He did however put away his weapon.

Move Action: Stow morningstar on belt.
Standard Action: Ready Action to cast Hold Person on the Goblin if he tried to flee. Will DC18.

shugyosha
2012-03-23, 11:08 AM
Herlan

Herlan puts away his bow and then begins to gather the spears, although he doesn't know what they are going to do with him.

"Can you ask them why they attacked us?" he asks.

Athaleon
2012-03-23, 12:50 PM
Nirallus

Niro goes about dispatching the remaining unconscious goblins with a businesslike demeanor, ending each one with neat slices to the throat.

"After we question him, maybe we ought to send him scurrying back to their hovel to tell the others what he just saw."

Chained Birds
2012-03-23, 01:06 PM
Red Eyes

"No need to ask, they're from a clan of bandits always grasping for territory they don't deserve. If they would have followed my Master's example and petiotioned for more land, they might not have to assault passerbys to keep their ill gotten gains. Bunch of aggressive squatters they are...

Such a disgrace for your kind."

She says this as she yanks the spear from the goblin's hand.

Jack DeCoeur
2012-03-23, 02:59 PM
Isaac Hawking

He frowned in Nirallus' general direction. "Killing prisoners eh?" Another shrug. "Ok... I guess. Kinda feel like it's a bit unsportsmanlike though."

Despite his words he made no effort to stop the Elf from completing his grim task.

Athaleon
2012-03-23, 03:42 PM
Nirallus

Without looking up from his task, Niro replies "What do you want to do? Chain them all up and guard them while the rest of us go down into the crypt?"

Chained Birds
2012-03-23, 03:59 PM
Red Eyes

"Just leave them alone. They're just guarding this area, and probably have no interest in hunting us down considering how easily we destroyed them.
We also don't have the time to argue this either, as we are on a time limit considering we are dealing with continuos-spawning shadow creatures..."

Red Eyes will begin heading towards their destination.

Jack DeCoeur
2012-03-23, 04:14 PM
Isaac Hawking

"Eh. Just making an observation." Without saying another word he began to move after Red Eyes.

TheGuitar
2012-03-23, 06:39 PM
The Goblin cringes as he watches his clanmates die at the hand of Nirallus, but does nothing to stop it, as he is helpless. As the party begins, he watches them leave, muttering under his breath.

OOC
Althaleon, how many of the goblins did you kill, there's only 3 left outside the one that's conscious.

Athaleon
2012-03-23, 08:07 PM
OOC:
If a coup de grace is a full round action, I doubt he'd have had enough time to kill more than two.

TheGuitar
2012-03-25, 09:50 PM
As you depart the battleground, another of the goblins stands woozily. He looks questioningly at his brother, but neither of them follow.

OOC
Hey, sorry about the lapse, work's been killing me. I've also kind of been holding out hope for Celestin... but it's not lookin' like it. If you wanna RP a bit more feel free, I should be good for a post tomorrow afternoon, actually getting to the crypt.
Again, sorry for the delay.

shugyosha
2012-03-26, 12:27 PM
Herlan

As the group continues on their way, the young detective apologizes to the group but his eyes linger on Red Eye, "I'm sorry I panicked out there. I'm just not used to fighting like that."

After a few steps he asks, "Is everyone alright?"

Jack DeCoeur
2012-03-26, 02:43 PM
Isaac Hawking

Isaac's pace faltered slightly at Herlan's words. "Actually. I got shot, didn't I?" He smirked. "Suppose I should probably bandage that at some point." He looked down, the bleeding seemed to have stopped for the most part. Merely a minor flesh wound, to his trained eyes. "So, yes, I guess I am. And don't worry, you get used to it, the fighting I mean, after a while." He threw a crooked smile in the Detective's direction.

TheGuitar
2012-03-26, 08:41 PM
You walk for a couple more hours, the sun has begun to set. The forest is ever alive with found of wildlife. The path soon approaches a small clearing the woods. In that clearing, a small stone structure juts out of the ground, two wooden doors laid into it. Above the doors, is the emblem of the house Skrym.

EDIT
You all get 225xp from the goblins. Sorry about the weird posting, like I said, work's been kicking my ass. but I've got a couple days off now.

Jack DeCoeur
2012-03-27, 12:49 PM
Isaac Hawking

"Simpler than I expected." He glanced around the area. "We going straight in?"

Athaleon
2012-03-27, 01:01 PM
Nirallus

"Unless we want to camp out here overnight. Obviously it'll be dark down there no matter when we go in, so we might as well go now. Any objections?"

shugyosha
2012-03-27, 01:43 PM
Herlan
"We go in now it will be dark when we finish. And we'll have to camp anyway. Best to rest and recoup spells since we have the option," chimes Herlan.

Jack DeCoeur
2012-03-27, 02:28 PM
Isaac Hawking

The seer shrugged. "I'm good to go." He paused for a second "I'm more of a night person anyway really."

Murillio
2012-03-27, 02:44 PM
Soren Kirkegaard

"I don't have any camping gear so I'm opting to go down right now. But if any one must we could always rest. From what I see we are going in with a slight disadvantage and having more 'vantages on our side will help us go a long way. Plus we won't die as quickly."

Athaleon
2012-03-27, 02:46 PM
Nirallus

"I don't have any camping supplies either. I suppose I could use someone's tent when they take over for me on watch?"

shugyosha
2012-03-27, 02:55 PM
Herlan

The detective nods that adds, "My only other concern is ff these shadows escape here we would have a better chance following them in the day than night."

OOC: personally I don't think it matters if we go in now or later but I think Herlan is just a very very cautious person.

Chained Birds
2012-03-27, 03:03 PM
Red Eyes

"I could always scout inside seeing as I can see in the dark without a light source. I'm also very good at hiding, especially when it comes to buildings."

Murillio
2012-03-27, 03:03 PM
Soren Kirkegaard

"That is something to consider. We'll just have to take them down before they do escape"

Soren grins widely as if he shared a divine revelation upon the group. He walks over to the wooden doors to inspect them.

"Seems normal enough."

He bends down to open a door.

TheGuitar
2012-03-27, 03:45 PM
The hinges are rusty, but the door pulls open easily enough. light floods a staircase leading down into the tomb. the stairs themselves are made of stone, and carved with runes, probably blessing the entryway.

OOC
Didn't know Soren had a feminine alter-ego.

Athaleon
2012-03-27, 03:50 PM
Nirallus

Concentrating a bit, Nirallus opens his senses to the arcane and peers down into the gloom.

"I wonder if those blessings have any power to them?"

Casting Detect Magic, then using either Kn: Arcana or Spellcraft if the runes actually are magical in nature. Both skills are +11, not sure if he gets his racial bonus to Spellcraft to identify these.

1d20+11

Can't edit a roll into a post, rolled OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12967634&postcount=80).

TheGuitar
2012-03-27, 05:12 PM
Athaleon
As you study the runes, they glow with a magical power. However, upon reaching the end of the stairs, they stop. Though their magical shine give hint that the runes continue into the room, anything past the stairs seems inert.

As far as you can remember from your studies, they are a simple divine blessing, meant to protect the crypt.

shugyosha
2012-03-27, 08:44 PM
Herlan

The hawkish man begins to wave his hand over his bow causing it to glow brightly, like a torch. He select one of his special arrows and guides to his bow string.

He takes two breaths to steady himself and then enters behind the others.

OOC:
Cast light on his bow, readies a ghost touch arrow.

Chained Birds
2012-03-27, 09:16 PM
Red Eyes

Red Eyes will keep to the shadows (not the creatures) as she follows along with the group. She wonders why Herlan had to go shining a light to lure a bunch of creatures literally called "Shadows."
Following along, she'll try to perceive any enemies or strange sounds in the darkness.

Stealth Check: Taking 10 = [32]
Perception Check: [roll0]

Athaleon
2012-03-27, 09:31 PM
Nirallus

Nirallus follows the others down, unable to suppress his pounding heart or fluttering gut. Sword in hand, he nervously works a Prestidigitation effect between the fingers of his other hand.

TheGuitar
2012-03-28, 11:02 AM
Nirallus, Red Eyes, Herlan and Ellfain all begin to head down into the crypt. Issac and Soren stay outside. Is it very dimly lit, only four lone torches in the corner, barely able to light more than 15ft around them. The room his large and looks like it once was ornate, although much of it has decayed with time. As the four of you get down there, Red Eyes slips into the shadows, completely unnoticed.

Red Eyes
For a moment, a flicker of the one of the torches at the back of the room reveals a shadowy figure. But it gone as soon as it was there.

Battle Map (https://docs.google.com/a/loop.colum.edu/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AguFl0oVyIiqdGxyS3BucWlTa3pFU0MtT05FT3BzQ 1E#gid=0)

Edit: Added the map. The location of the shadow is where Red Eyes believes he saw it.

Chained Birds
2012-03-28, 12:35 PM
Red Eyes

To alert the group but remain hidden, she'll use her Hand of the Mage and grab the torch nearest to her and fly it 15ft towards the direction of the Shadow.

Standard Action: Activate Hand of the Mage
- Grab torch in [I-11]
Move Action: Move Torch 15ft to [I-8]

TheGuitar
2012-03-28, 02:53 PM
Out of nowhere, a torch moves from the corner of the room. It seems to be signalling towards a certain direction.

OOC
Shuyosha and Athaleon, Perception checks. I'm going to roll Ellifian's.

[roll0]

Battle Map (https://docs.google.com/a/loop.colum.edu/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AguFl0oVyIiqdGxyS3BucWlTa3pFU0MtT05FT3BzQ 1E#gid=0)

Jack DeCoeur
2012-03-28, 02:59 PM
Isaac Hawking

Isaac watched as the others descended into the crypt. He was pausing at the entrance to consider his battle tactics. He know most of his magic would be useless, bar one spell of blessing and was trying to formulate a plan. He drummed his fingers on his breastplate, thinking.

The first thing he did was cast Detect Magic on the entranceway runes, as his companion had done before. Could be that these were the things keeping the Shadows in.

Recalling what Herlan had said about these creatures being ethereal he stowed his shield on his back so as to have use of both his hands, assuming it would be useless against the fiends. Moving his Oil of Magic Weapon to a convenient pocket he began to descend into the tunnel whilst drawing his weapon.

Once in the main chamber the Seer moved to one side of the entrance and prepared to cast Bless upon his allies whilst peering into the darkness, retrieving the vial, ready for use.

Detect Magic
Spellcraft [roll0]
Know (Arc) [roll1]

Stow Shield, draw Morning Star, head down.

Once down into the main chamber (F13), draw the Oil of Magic Weapon in free hand and ready an action to cast Bless on everyone as soon as a) Soren moves within range (50ft) or combat starts (someone, friend or foe makes an attack that Isaac perceives).

Bless:
Bless fills your allies with courage. Each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.

Murillio
2012-03-28, 06:37 PM
Soren Kirkegaard

Following in after Isaac Soren does as Isaac does with his magic weapon oil. Going down the stairs Soren uses his average perception skills to survey the crypt. He will push past the group so the wall of three bodies are in front of Herlan.

OOC

[roll0] Perception

Moving into F 12
I was surprised Soren had a female alter ego as well. :smallbiggrin:

shugyosha
2012-03-28, 07:01 PM
Herlan

There was only one, that was good... or was there only one that they could see. They hawkish man stood his ground not wanting to put anymore light on Red Eyes. He hoped the other bodies would give her enough cover.

It was 75 feet away, a little outside his comfort range for his bow. He held himself ready if it got any closer.

Chained Birds
2012-03-28, 08:25 PM
Red Eyes

Red Eyes will continue moving the flame closer. If the Shadow doesn't respond, then she'll continue moving it even closer.
By this point, the Shadow should be completely illuminated by the torch.

Move Action: Move Torch to [H-5].
Move Action: Move Torch to [H-2].

TheGuitar
2012-03-28, 10:39 PM
As the torch moves closer, the shadow shifts, and is enveloped into the dim area around, completely lost from sight.

The crypt is eerily silent. All of a sudden, a shadow reveals itself in front of Nirallus and reaches out it's hand. Luckily, Nirallus is able to dodge it, just in time. Issac immediately reacts and casts a blessing on the party.

OOC
Shadow missed his attack. Issac uses his readied action to bless everyone... and that's all we've got for the surprise round. Roll Init either here or OOC. Everyone gets +1 to attack and to saves against fear, which will be noted on the battle map.

Ellifian's Init: [roll0]

Murillio
2012-03-30, 05:56 PM
Soren Kirkegaard

Feeling his reflexes surge him forth Soren takes a step towards the shadow unsheathing his morningstar. He shouts a battle cry and attempts to attack the shadow.

[roll0] attack roll
[roll1] damage

TheGuitar
2012-03-30, 06:03 PM
Soren's swing is right on the money, however, the morningstar passes right through the shadow, doing it no harm. Ellifian steps forward as wel, and swings her longsword at the shadow.

OOC
[roll0]
DMG [roll1]

Ellifian's sword is also on target, but fails to do any damage.

Athaleon's Turn!

Athaleon
2012-03-30, 06:30 PM
Nirallus

Forcing down the icy fear the shadow induced, Nirallus ducks back from the ghostly hand reaching out for him and channels arcane energies into his blade once more. Before attacking, he casts a spell on himself that makes him... smaller? The Elf that had towered over most of the party members is now at eye level with the Goblin - Useful, no doubt, in giving the shadows the smallest possible target to try and touch. Taking a stance like a fencer, he slices at the shadow in front of him as it tries to avoid attacks from both flanks.

Swift Action to use Arcane Pool enhancement.

Using Spell Combat to cast Reduce Person and make an attack. Taking a -4 penalty to the attack roll to add +4 to the Concentration check to cast defensively.

Attack: [roll0]

Damage: [roll1]

Concentration (DC17): [roll2]

Other effects: -2 Size penalty to Strength, +1 Size bonus to AC

TheGuitar
2012-03-31, 12:45 AM
Nirallus manages to hold his concentration long enough to cast the spell, and he shrinks to a much smaller version of himself. He also manages to hit the shadow, and this time, the shadow seems to feel it, it's from writhes in pain.

OOC
Spell successful, hit the shadow!

Jack DeCouer's Turn!

Jack DeCoeur
2012-03-31, 03:51 AM
Isaac Hawking

Isaac had seen some creepy things in his time, but this shadow was particularly unnerving, especially in the way it seemed to be shrugging off most of the attacks aimed against it.

He was glad he still had his oil in hand however. In one smooth motion he pulled the stopper with his teeth and doused the end of his morning-star with the magical liquid. Now, hopefully the other shades, if there were any, would turn up before its effect faded.

He moved around the group and peered deeper into the crypt.

SA Apply oil to Morning Star.
Move Action G10

TheGuitar
2012-03-31, 07:16 AM
Issac moves across the battlefield, preparing to strike. As Issac moves, the Shadow seems to realize it's predicament, and attempts to take revenge on the person who attacked it. It is more accurate in it's attack this time, and Nirallus feels an icy presence enter his body, slowly draining the strength from him.
At the same time, another shadow comes out of seemingly nowhere and bears down on Ellifian.

OOC
Athaleon takes 2 Strength Damage! Also, another shadow's popped up in C11

Chained Bird's Turn!

Chained Birds
2012-03-31, 11:21 AM
Red Eyes

After noticing the other Shadow pop in, the young Goblin will sneak up around the group.

Move Action: Move at half speed to avoid penalties to Stealth to [H-9]
Move Action: Move at half speed to avoid penalties to Stealth to [F-6]

TheGuitar
2012-03-31, 02:25 PM
Red eyes carefully sneaks around the battlefield, not drawing the attention of the Shadows. Out of nowhere, a third shadow appears, again attacking Ellifian.

OOC
Red Eyes avoids any detection. Also, I assume you meant F8, as you can't make it to F6 moving at half speed.
The third shadow pops up at E10.

Shugyosha's Turn!

shugyosha
2012-03-31, 05:07 PM
Herlan

There were three, he figured that was the right number. Hoping that was it he released his arrow.

[roll0]
[roll1] ghost tough arrow

TheGuitar
2012-03-31, 07:06 PM
Herlan fires off his arrow, and it seemingly flies by the shadow. However, the noise the Shadow emits gives a hint that the arrow may have done soem damage after all.

OOC
Hit for 2 damage. I assume you're after the one at C11, as it's the only one you can hit.

Also, Meemaas, as far as posting order, feel free to post at will until you enter the crypt. Then, roll initiative and I'll fit you into the order.

Meemaas
You come to a small path, leading to and from the city. In it, the bodies of the group of goblins House Nydell had sent you to find. There's something wrong though... there are only 8 bodies on the ground, and there were 10 in the group. You also note very obvious foot prints, leading down the path. You follow them, and soon come to a small crypt, marked with the emblem of the House Skrym. Inside, there seems to be a battle going on. What do you do?

Muillio's Turn!

meemaas
2012-03-31, 07:16 PM
Kaim

The man scowled. He kneeled down to check a few of the bodies, to be sure they were dead, and then rolled them out of the way. Hmmmm. Something...isn't right. He turns towards the crypt. Recognizing it as one of House Skyrm, he makes his way, wrapping his chain safely around his hand so it would be at the ready in case he got ambushed. There were two more goblins out there, and even if someone else started his job, he was gonna be the one to finish it. He pushed open the door, and stepped inside, following the noise as best he could.

TheGuitar
2012-04-01, 09:22 AM
Meemaas
As you open the door, the door you can definitely hear a battle going on. There is a set of stairs leading down into the crypt. You follow the stairs down and enter the crypt and see an elf, a drow and three humans all fighting what look to be living shadows.

Roll Initiative! Also, if there is a picture you'd like to use for your map marker, let me know.

Murillio
2012-04-02, 08:52 AM
Soren Kirkegaard

Soren swears under his breathe at his whiffed attack. He was so sure it was a hit. Before attacking again Soren remembers the oil he payed for and received before leaving on this adventure. Knowing what he has to do Soren steps away from the shadows reach to apply the oil to his weapon.

5 foot step to G 11

Spending the turn to apply the oil.

TheGuitar
2012-04-02, 01:17 PM
Soren moves away from the battle for a moment, and applies the oil to his morningstar. Ellfian, Now surrounded by Shadows and severely weakened, realizes her weapon won't do, and calls upon her healing powers to damage these undead beasts.

OOC
Ellifian uses her Lay hands ability to deal 8 damage to the Shadow in D10.

Athaleon's Turn!

Athaleon
2012-04-02, 07:46 PM
Nirallus

Nirallus stumbles backwards from the shadow's unliving touch, his enhanced agility still inadequate to keep him out of harm's way. Everything felt heavier, especially his sword hand. Hastily, he switched his sword to his other hand, undid the clasp with his teeth, and flung the gauntlet aside.

Seeing the Paladin beset by the shadows on all sides, he retrieves one of his holy water flasks and prepares to throw it into the melee. With luck he would catch all of them in the splash.

5-foot step to F13.
Drop his Spiked Gauntlet as a Free Action, otherwise he'll be into Medium load with his Strength penalties.
Full-round Action to ready a holy water flask for throwing.

TheGuitar
2012-04-02, 10:22 PM
Nirallus moves and prepares to help his ally by dousing the spirit in holy water.

OOC
Pretty sure holy water does 1d6, but not positive.

Meemaas' Turn!

meemaas
2012-04-02, 10:29 PM
Kaim

Kaim grunted. He could see the group needed help. He charged in and unraveled his chain, lashing it out towards the nearest creature with all his might.

Move to E12. Attack the nearest shadow with my spiked chain
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

TheGuitar
2012-04-02, 10:45 PM
Kaim moves into the battlefield, and strikes are the shadow. this chain hits the shadow right in it's middle, and seems to rip away some of the beast. It howls in pain.

OOC
Hit the shadow for 8 damage.

Jack Decouer's Turn!

Jack DeCoeur
2012-04-02, 11:49 PM
Isaac Hawking

Isaac could feel the rush of adrenaline overtaking him. Feel it flowing into every one of his limbs. It was one of the reasons he started adventuring, even after his crippling accident. He knew, that for the next few minutes, he'd be without pain in his legs. He lurched forward, towards the nearest creature and swung the spiked ball on the end of his weapon, hard.

5ft step to F10
Attack Roll with Morning Star against Shadow in E11 [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

TheGuitar
2012-04-03, 12:26 AM
Issac takes his swing, but it seems his mental preparation gave his move away, and the shadow nimbly dodges the blow.That shadow is also none too pleased with the damage it's been taking, particularly from the newcomer, and so reaches out it's hand to strike him. Luckily, Kiam is able to dodge it, if just barely. The shadow on the opposite side of Ellifian reaches out to deliver the killing blow, and succeeds, as it's arm moves right through Ellifian's armor, he falls to the ground, unmoving.

OOC
The Shadow attacks Meemaas, but misses, and Ellifian is down for the count.

Chained Bird's Turn!

Chained Birds
2012-04-03, 02:11 AM
Red Eyes

Seeing her current allies in a bit of trouble, Red Eyes reaches into her pack for her flask holy water and continues her stealthy ways until a good opportunity to use it arises.

Standard Action: Retrieve Holy Water
Move Action: none

TheGuitar
2012-04-03, 07:50 AM
Red Eye's holds her hidden position, waiting for the right moment to strike.

Having taken care of Ellifian, one of the shadows moves away from the fallen body and towards Issac, lashing out at him. It's shadow arms reach right through his armor and he can feel the strength being sapped out of him.

OOC
Ouch, Issac takes 6 strength damage. And the shadow's moved to E10.

Shugyosha's Turn!

shugyosha
2012-04-03, 09:12 AM
Herlan

He knew now it could be hurt, but could he kill it. The released another arrow at the same Shadow.

shooting at C11 again
[roll0] attack
[roll1] damage Ghost Touch
[roll2] crit
[roll3] crit damage Ghost Touch

Jack DeCoeur
2012-04-03, 09:43 AM
Isaac Hawking

"Ok" he gasped for air, he could feel the weight of his armour almost crushing him "help please."

TheGuitar
2012-04-03, 11:09 PM
Herlan releases another arrow. This time it's right on the money and it passes through the center of the Shadow, taking some of the shadow with it. The creature howls in pain.

OOC
Hit for 7 damage. Just a note, you can't crit the incorporeal.

Battle Map (https://docs.google.com/a/loop.colum.edu/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AguFl0oVyIiqdGxyS3BucWlTa3pFU0MtT05FT3BzQ 1E&pli=1#gid=0)

Murillio's Turn!

Jack DeCoeur
2012-04-04, 09:30 AM
OoC

As he's using a Ghost Touch attack, he actually can, apparently. I'll admit I had to look it up. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/rogue#TOC-Sneak-Attack)

TheGuitar
2012-04-04, 09:37 AM
OOC
Touche sir. Alright.

Murillio
2012-04-04, 09:57 AM
Soren Kirkegaard

Soren's mini mission for himself done he takes sight of the shadow in front of him. He yells out a quick incoherent battle cry and takes a simple step forward to try to bash the shadow with his morning star.

"Kyaarggh"

[roll0] Attack roll Magically oiled Weapon
[roll1] Damage roll

TheGuitar
2012-04-04, 10:37 AM
Soren runs forward, striking the shadow dead on. As his weapon hits the beast, it lets out a cry of pain and evaporates into nothingness. Ellifian's lifeless body still lies on the ground.

OOC
Shadow takes 5 damage and dies. Good job.

Battle Map (https://docs.google.com/a/loop.colum.edu/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AguFl0oVyIiqdGxyS3BucWlTa3pFU0MtT05FT3BzQ 1E&pli=1#gid=0)

Athaleon's Turn!

Athaleon
2012-04-04, 06:54 PM
As Nirallus draws the flask of holy water and uncorks it, the Paladin falls to the spectral onslaught. Fearing the flask would pass through the shadow without shattering, he edges around the melee and creeps up near enough to one to pour the contents out on to it.

Moving through G12, G11, G10, to F9, then pours the Holy Water on to the shadow in E10.

Ranged Touch Attack:
[roll0]
[roll1]

TheGuitar
2012-04-04, 10:48 PM
The Shadow shrieks in pain as the holy water hits it, a small mist of smoke rises from it, obviously, the holy water is very effective against the creature.

OOC
Hit for 4 Dmg.

Meemaas' Turn!

meemaas
2012-04-04, 10:57 PM
Kaim

Kaim moved himself forward, lashing out his spiked chain to slam the creature in what he believe was its stomach. As he swung, he tilted his head towards the men closest to him, to speak. "You lot seem to be having some trouble, don't you?"

Five foot step to E11
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Attack of opportunity, if provoked [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Can make three, but i only rolled one since i don't expect much in the way of chances.

TheGuitar
2012-04-04, 11:44 PM
Kiam swings again, but this time the Shadow is ready, and it dodges the attack with ease.

OOC
miss, and nothing provoked an AoO.

Jack Decouer's Turn!

Jack DeCoeur
2012-04-05, 04:45 AM
Isaac Hawking

"Damn." Isaac spoke to the newcomer without his eyes leaving the closest Shadow. "Bit of trouble, yeah."

He lifted his arm, the morning star speciaifcally weighted for his very needs no longer the precise instrument he was used to. It felt like a lead weight. At this point there was little he could do though. With a superhuman force of effort he raised his arm as high as it would go and shoved the weapon forward at the creature.

Attack Roll on nearest Shadow (E10) [roll]d20+2]/roll] edited from OoC thread d20+2 = 16
Damage [roll0]

TheGuitar
2012-04-06, 03:12 PM
Issac struggles but manages to swing his morningstar at the shadow, striking it and tearing some of it's essence along with it. The creature howls in pain. The other shadow, slinks away from ellfiain's limp body and attacks Herlan. Herlan however, see's it coming, and easily steps out of the way of the attack.

OOC
Shadow misses it's attack. Issac hits the other shadow for 2 damage.

Red Eye's Turn!

Chained Birds
2012-04-06, 03:34 PM
Red Eyes

Moving a little closer to the battle, Red Eyes will hide behind Nirallus and lob the holy water she had on hand. She hopes the enemy doesn't spot her though...

Free Action: 5ft step to [F-8]
Standard Action: Thrown Holy Water vs Shadow's Flat-footed Touch AC
- Attack: [roll0] Apply any appropriate minuses or pluses for the situation.
- Damage: [roll1] holy
- In case of Miss: [roll2] / 2 Holy Splash damage to undead within 5ft of hit area.
Stealth Check: [roll3] -20 for sniping (if applicable) = [13]
- applying Misdirection for the extra +4 to stealth.
- using Nirallus + the darkness as cover for the stealth check.

TheGuitar
2012-04-07, 09:46 AM
Red Eyes sneaks up behind Nirallus and launches the flask of holy water, mortar style, over his head at one of the shadows. Unfortunately, the flask misses it's target and shatters on the ground, however, some of the holy water still manages to splash itself onto the shadow. Some of it also lands on the body of Ellifian, and Kiam gets a little wet. Unfortunately, the Shadow has seen Red Eyes and begin to move towards him. Kiam takes this distraction and lashes out at the Shadow with it's chain, striking it, and causing it to evaporate.

OOC
The flask does 2 splash damage to the shadow, and as it moves, I used Meemaas' AoO. Only one more left! Although, i'd highly suggest someone roll a perception check on Ellfian's Body.

Shugyosha's Turn!

shugyosha
2012-04-07, 10:11 AM
Herlan

As the shadow moves towards him Herlan panics and moves towards his companions. He readies another arrow and releases it.

[roll0] to hit
[roll1] damage
[roll2] crit
[roll3] crit damage

Yeah, little too busy to check the body right now.

TheGuitar
2012-04-07, 10:44 AM
The arrow fires perfectly, and it strikes the Shadow right on. The creature screams in pain and prepares to strike back against it's aggressor.

OOC
Nice, almost a crit. Definitely a hit for 6 damage though.

Murillio's Turn!

Murillio
2012-04-07, 05:56 PM
Soren Kirkegaard

Soren successfully downing one of the shadows sets out to assess the battle field from his position. Noticing the monster by Herlan he decides to chuck his morning star into the creatures face.

(If I am able to see Ellfian's body Soren will add.)

"Oi fella's Ellfian's down!"

I'll assume I'd notice the creature and possibly Ellfian's body. :smallredface:

[roll0] Perception Move Action.

[roll1] Ranged Attack - Improvised - Standard Action
[roll2] Damage - Forgoing the usual power attack bonus.

TheGuitar
2012-04-07, 08:24 PM
Soren surveys the battlefield, and flings his morningstar at the remaining Shadow, unfortunately, he isn't able to throw it far enough, and it falls harmlessly at the shadows feet.

OOC
Nice try, but could quite hit it.

Murillio
You notice a small vapor seeming to come from Ellfian's Body.

Chained Birds
You take note that when the holy water splashed onto Ellifian's body it fizzled and began to smoke.

Nirallus' Turn!

Athaleon
2012-04-07, 09:59 PM
Nirallus

Recalling that the shadows produced more of themselves using their slain victims, he calls out "Anyone who still has holy water, pour it on the Drow!" as he edges around the group to deal with the last remaining shadow, giving the fallen Paladin a wide berth.

Move to C9 -> B10 -> B12 -> C13, then make a standard attack with flanking.

[roll0]
[roll1]