PDA

View Full Version : Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave: OOC



Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

achinca
2012-02-14, 10:49 AM
Game Playing Guidelines

a) Posting: Posting is expected at least once a day, Monday-Through Friday. During combat, single posting is expected but outside combat, multiple RP posting is encouraged. If someone does not post for one day without prior notice, I will likely keep the character idle or try my best guest at NPC during a fight. This is to keep the pace of the game going at a fast pace.
If someone does not post for a two-week period without letting the group knows, the character will be removed.

b) Internal conflicts: I expect each of the characters to get along. You might not be a band of brothers or lifelong friends at the beginning, but you have a taste for adventure in common and you need to respect each other. If a character does not openly like a character, I need a in game reason (e.g. my family was killed by drows and one character is a half-drow) and I expect the relationship to evolve over time, as the prejudice will have to face reality. I will NOT (repeat NOT) tolerate, players feeling overtaking characters feelings (i.e. Player A does not like how Player B plays, so his character hates her character) or a character developing a dislike for another character without in-game reasons.

c) Mistakes: I will make mistake as a DM so live with it. In the long run, these mistakes will cancel each other. Point it to me privately and move on. I will not do a make-up call but will pay more attention to the rule. A lot of rules are subject to interpretation so please remember that. Sometimes a rule might be overlooked for the good of the game. Trust me on those calls.

d) Limits: If there is a concept or idea to want to explore, run it by me and see if it will fly. I am very open minded, as long as it makes in-game sense and fit the arc storyline. However, please remember that they are rules and laws in the world and that you are subject to them. Each action will have its consequences to a certain level.

e) Communication: This is a time consuming hobby that we are doing for fun. If the game is not working for you, please let me know. If you think of improvements, let me know. Any feeback and comments are ALWAYS ( repeat ALWAYS) welcome. I want you all to have a great time playing the game. So let's keep the communication channels open!

f) Rolls: Please use the roll function on this site, as a spoiler in your post. I will roll of my DM rolls on the OOC. I want the game to be as transparent as possible and making the DM rolls public helps. To keep the game moving, I will roll AoO that I provoke, saves if needed and counter skill checks. This is why keeping your character sheet up to date is critical.

g) Post: Please post spoken word in bold and thoughts in italic in the color you choose for your character. As the DM, I will use black.
In combat, please post move and standard actions (or double move or full round actions if applicable) separately. Also, I would appreciate if you could indicates AC, HP and spells left and level in addition to move and action information. This is important if you get temporary enhancement to your HP or AC.

Example:
AC: 14
HP: 12/18
Spells: 0 4/5, 1 2/3

h) loot: You will trade loot at 50% of its listed price. I will let you decide of the mechanism for splitting it among team members.

razorback
2012-02-14, 11:20 AM
Savin Ro Tukal (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=370580)

Taking Navy for speech.

:smile:

Baveboi
2012-02-14, 11:33 AM
Zarien, the Old One (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=168816)

I claim Sienna for me.

I will also leave this here for our party reference.
For reference, if someone ever saw Jumanji, the movie with Robin Willians... Well.
http://loldamn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/funny-Robin-Williams-beard-Jumanji.jpg
If you think that is pretty ok, try making him into a wizard.
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/249/7/a/we_are_not_taking_the_wizard__by_mattrhodes-d48zyu8.jpg



Yup..

Madmage
2012-02-14, 02:11 PM
I'll go with this as yellow and pink aren't exactly friendly on the eyes on a white background.

LtPowers
2012-02-14, 02:46 PM
Maesyn Silverhair (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=371015)

Let's go with SlateGray for speech. That looks kinda silver-ish.


Powers &8^]

achinca
2012-02-14, 03:07 PM
First post has been made and the game has officially started!!!!!

Let's have fun!!!!!

StandardBC
2012-02-15, 05:13 PM
Sorry I'm late. Didn't notice the game start.

Aust. (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=370021) Green for speech.

Baveboi
2012-02-15, 05:25 PM
Sigh...
I promise I will make smaller posts. :smallredface:
HAHA! :smallbiggrin:

achinca
2012-02-15, 05:25 PM
Sigh...
I promise I will make smaller posts. :smallredface:
HAHA! :smallbiggrin:

Are you kidding? The longer the better!!!!!!!

razorback
2012-02-15, 05:46 PM
Sorry I'm late. Didn't notice the game start.

Ault. (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=370021) Green for speech.

I think the rule is last one to post has to carry all of the provisions or something.

Baveboi
2012-02-16, 01:03 PM
Aust enters Wheloon looking like a wild animal lost in the city. He asks rudely to the first frail woman he meets where to find food. The woman looks at him with an undignified look. “But where are you manners young man? This is no way to talk to a lady. People like you should stay in the woods or get drunk at the Wyvern Inn. ” She turns around and moves away from him, her head raised high.

*Slowly claps his hands in a show of most respectful admiration.*
I must say, Achinca, I didn't think you had this in you, but the mastery of this small text has reassured me of how wrong I was in underestimating you. You are a true master. *Bobs head in agreement with his own statement.*


AH! Btw, what tongue are we talking in? Merchant Common, Cormyrian Chondathani or something else? Because I don't speak Chondathan...

achinca
2012-02-16, 01:48 PM
*Slowly claps his hands in a show of most respectful admiration.*
I must say, Achinca, I didn't think you had this in you, but the mastery of this small text has reassured me of how wrong I was in underestimating you. You are a true master. *Bobs head in agreement with his own statement.*


AH! Btw, what tongue are we talking in? Merchant Common, Cormyrian Chondathani or something else? Because I don't speak Chondathan...

Really? You underestimated me? Why? Why oh why? Is my reputation that bad? :smalltongue:

I hope you are not being ironic in your post. :smallcool:

Unless indicated otherwise, people will speak merchant common.

Baveboi
2012-02-16, 02:37 PM
Ahahaha. You worry too much, Achinca-dono. :smallbiggrin:
Don't fuss over past reputation, my lordship. We all have our dark secrets we wish to see buried, but I didn't uncover none that might get you concerned about.


Oh! That's good. I will remember to specify when I speak in another tongue then, as well as to make faithful translations based on the Rule of Convenience.

achinca
2012-02-16, 03:17 PM
A good DM is a paranoid DM. :smallwink: OR is it a good player is a paranoid player? :smalltongue:

And being nice to me won't gain you extra XPs. :smallcool: Actual unmarked cash deliver in small bills might. :smallbiggrin:

achinca
2012-02-21, 08:05 PM
Assuming Marlae is ok with Tunaster, you should decide how to proceed. Choice of using OOC or IC.

Also, StandardBC is still in the game. He has been following the post but his character has been silent.

StandardBC
2012-02-21, 09:38 PM
Assuming Marlae is ok with Tunaster, you should decide how to proceed. Choice of using OOC or IC.

Also, StandardBC is still in the game. He has been following the post but his character has been silent.

I'm still here. I'll check in at a regular time if you'd like, but I'm always reading the IC.

achinca
2012-02-22, 11:40 AM
I will not be able to post until Saturday at best. Feel free to discuss what the group next move is. You have plenty of option. Need to tell me what you are doing next.

Baveboi
2012-02-22, 06:06 PM
I guess we could do it IC since ooc would be a bit of metagaming. AND if the forums allow me to post, cause this error 503 is getting to my nerves, I would like to A) rent a room B) get a shower and C) assert our differences aside with a good pep talk.

Baveboi
2012-02-24, 12:05 AM
AWWW cmom madmage!!!
I ain't being serious. I am trying to bait you into challenging me, defying everything wrong that I say is the cleric's job, specially if it is someone that preaches about justice and good. While I have more fun than I should when I go teasing people it's all an act, I don't really mean those words. Even if the character kind of does you shouldn't run in the face of it. I truly don't wish for you to leave. My desire is that you stay and fight! Kick my sorry wizard ass into Mordor if you need be!

achinca
2012-02-27, 11:48 AM
I know this is your adventure and do not believe in railroading players .....

so at this point, it is up to group to decide what to do next .....

but let me know if you want some hints or list of possible paths .....

achinca
2012-02-29, 04:59 PM
I am going to try to speed things up as I feel we have stalled a little and I cannot wait to see what this group will do at the temple.

If there are not other post by tomorrow, I will make the following assumptions:

a) Group is ok adding Aust
b) Zarien joins the group back
c) Zavin will go and try to evaluate temple defense
d) Other 4 will appraoch the temple directly

Please let me know if you don't agree with any of the course of action.

A

Baveboi
2012-02-29, 05:52 PM
Zarien would definitely be ok with the elf joining in. He isn't greedy nor unfair. If he earns his keep the wizard will gladly part with a share of his money, in case needed be. Or they could beat Tanaster over and ask for more gold. :smallbiggrin:

Zarien will be waiting tomorrow morning for any information either the warrior or the elf have to share, but he WON'T lift a finger before that. He has a nine hour rest policy he can't possibly break. Besides that he is ok with what the others decide about the temple, but he would voice his mind as to everyone be precarious of their actions. If it truly is a temple of Mystra they shouldn't get in firing arrows and counting the bodies later, but if it is a blasphemous lie of a temple they could use a striker team, so to speak.

Perhaps split the party and arrange for a diplomatic team to go first and a striker team to wait outside for a magical signal of some sort (I guess I can use message or something similar).

razorback
2012-02-29, 06:06 PM
Savin is ok with splitting the gold.

If/when the rest of teh group approves Aust, he's going to ask if he'll help him scout out the compound if there isn't any objections.

achinca
2012-03-01, 10:08 AM
I will go that way:

Zarien rests.

Aust and Savin go check the defense.

MArlae and Maesyn go as diplomat.

This is still around noon time so none of the MYstran ceremony would take place as they wait for 6:00 PM and the stars.

Baveboi
2012-03-02, 09:38 PM
Oh boy, if they knew I had Rope Trick prepared this morning. :smalltongue:
I am dying to see what Savin will come up with.

razorback
2012-03-03, 08:37 AM
Geez, I feel like I let everyone down with wanting to do a little fishing... http://www.thespeedtriple.com/forum/images/smilies/cry.gif

achinca
2012-03-03, 08:44 AM
I wonder if Savin can cook fish too .... :smallsmile:

Baveboi
2012-03-03, 09:06 AM
HAHAHA Goddamn Razor, stop making me laugh. :smallbiggrin:
I thought you were gonna stay all day fishing right in front of the temple and count all the patrols they have up, as well as the number of men at their disposal while watching who comes in and out of there.

razorback
2012-03-03, 09:46 AM
I suppose we could do that, too.

I take it you didn't read the IC where I describe that?

Baveboi
2012-03-03, 10:07 AM
I did. But it is my job, as intern wizard, to state the obvious. :smallcool:
Besides, its fun to call our moves like that. Its like saying Fireball when you cast a fireball.

achinca
2012-03-03, 10:09 AM
I guess you could say fireball and have a lighting spell. but then you would look less professional .....

:smallcool:

razorback
2012-03-08, 07:51 AM
Achinca, what time is it approximately?

achinca
2012-03-08, 08:28 AM
Achinca, what time is it approximately?

It is mid-afternoon. Dusk is about 6:30 - 7:00 ....

achinca
2012-03-08, 11:12 AM
In my endless search to keep the game pace fast and the game moving, I am planning to have the group regroup, exchange information and then attend the evening ceremony.

Unless IC or OOC discussion among the group members show me a different path.

:smallsmile:

razorback
2012-03-08, 02:01 PM
Spot check
[roll0]

achinca
2012-03-08, 02:11 PM
House rule on checks.

Anytime this is the result of a check put into spoiler, my assumption is that if someone succeeds the check roll, then the entire party knows about it as the hero will share the information.

Unless the character specifically says he/she doe not share the information.

This rule only applies for not combat situation. During a fight, I'll expect the character to actually provide the information to the group from a successful check roll.

razorback
2012-03-09, 10:46 AM
So, just want to see if the group is on the same page as me.
As far as the Mystran's are concerned, Savin and Aust are friends with Zarien while Maesyn and Marlae are an independent group. Does this sound right?

achinca
2012-03-09, 11:42 AM
I had not sensed that. Assuming it will be the case unless someone says otherwise.

Baveboi
2012-03-09, 06:09 PM
I figured something like that, since we came two different ways.

StandardBC
2012-03-09, 07:53 PM
Just checking in. Still here. Aust is kind of just going along with the group as it is. Not much to add.

achinca
2012-03-10, 08:23 AM
sort of need to know what each group wants to do.

You can walk around the court yard to aimlessly ... or

Talk to the cleric again ... or

talk to the man in the dark grey robes ... or

come up with another option.

Please note that at midnight, the temple doors will close.

razorback
2012-03-10, 09:35 AM
Plan on asking, quietly, Aust and Zarien is they want to stay to ask the old, robed man what the 'path' is. Of course, if I end up staying, I might need the cavalry to come and save my bacon.

Baveboi
2012-03-10, 12:12 PM
I will vote for talking with the dark robbed man and pry a little more.
I will leave the other more charismatics characters do the talking while I search for any signs of weirdness.

[roll0] for sense motive, [roll1] for spot and [roll2] for listen.

I knew it! The food tastes like the cook's has no concept of edible whatsoever! What? what investigation?

achinca
2012-03-10, 02:39 PM
WOW BAveboi! This is terrible set of skill rolls .......

I think it is the fish fault .. never trust a foreigner to catch the right fish ....

Baveboi
2012-03-11, 10:34 AM
hahaha Trust the wizard to be professional about the culinary endeavors of others.

Baveboi
2012-03-12, 11:56 AM
You are never letting that go, right Marlae? :smallbiggrin:

I am considering I'm still under the effects of my own shortcoming about the temple's culinary. Please, someone, anyone, ask to go inside so I can go all "I demand to talk to the chief of your temple!" and we can actually investigate this place.

achinca
2012-03-12, 12:00 PM
You are never letting that go, right Marlae? :smallbiggrin:

Well Zarien was quite rude and Marlae has always been strong on her principles.




I am considering I'm still under the effects of my own shortcoming about the temple's culinary. Please, someone, anyone, ask to go inside so I can go all "I demand to talk to the chief of your temple!" and we can actually investigate this place.

You can see if they let you in for that reason. I somehow doubt it but who knows.

There are several ways to get inside the temple ..... all have various levels of legality, risks and survival chances ..... :smallsmile:

razorback
2012-03-12, 02:07 PM
^^ You're not suggesting we break the law, do you?

:smallamused:

achinca
2012-03-12, 02:25 PM
^^ You're not suggesting we break the law, do you?

:smallamused:

I am not suggesting anything ......:smallwink:

I am just saying that there a lot of way to skin a cat .....

You tell me your character do and I will tell you what happens ... :smallbiggrin:

achinca
2012-03-13, 02:31 PM
All right, you guys are in the middle temple and well, it is a split party which is always a DM nightmare and even worse in PbP.

So feel free to read what is happening outside your character knowledge but do not use this info to metagame. Pretty please.

I will also try to post a map of the courtyard and middle temple later today.

razorback
2012-03-13, 02:46 PM
How about spoilers for each labeled as such so we don't accidentally see?

I'd rather not see and play as normal than know and try to act as if I didn't.

achinca
2012-03-13, 02:48 PM
Good idea. I will adjust my IC post.

achinca
2012-03-15, 07:57 AM
Sorry for not posting the map lap night. I left my USB flash drive at work.

In term of security, the Petitioners Quarter where the 3 heroes are, are not locked. The large doors between the middle temple and the courtyard and the courtyard and the outside are barred by a plank of wood that one person can remove.

achinca
2012-03-15, 09:08 PM
I posted the map.

So here is the situation. It is about half past midnight. The 3 heroes can go to bed, wait or try to explore.

Maesyn can wait or go back to Wheloon.

Marlae is in Wheloon already.

Let me know if you want to move forward 8 hours (rest).

LtPowers
2012-03-16, 08:35 AM
Once the spell duration expires, Maesyn will return to the tavern and fill Marlae in on the details. If the others have asked for assistance in escaping, we'll make a plan then.


Powers &8^]

achinca
2012-03-16, 08:44 AM
Unless stated other wise by the 3 inside, the spell will expire without further comm and I will fast forward past the rest period.

razorback
2012-03-16, 10:39 AM
That works for me.

achinca
2012-03-16, 11:49 AM
Will post map tonight.

achinca
2012-03-16, 01:02 PM
Marlae doesn't partake of the fare at the inn. She will spend her days offering her services as a cleric to heal minor wounds or the like to help pay her expenses of stabling/room.

Got it. Let me know if she is trying to find out rumors about the temple or if she is just waiting for Tunaster to come back.

Baveboi
2012-03-16, 02:57 PM
I hope I ain't sly-marbo-ing my way out of a situation you wanted us in, boss. HAHA!

achinca
2012-03-16, 03:00 PM
I hope I ain't sly-marbo-ing my way out of a situation you wanted us in, boss. HAHA!

Absolutely not. I love the creativity. And I have said earlier, I try to railroad as little a possible.

razorback
2012-03-16, 03:43 PM
Stashed in his underwear I have 1 tanglefoot bag, 1 thunderstone, 2 flasks of acid and 2 flasks of alchemical fire

I see this as being potentially very helpful for the party or very poorly for his offspring.

Baveboi
2012-03-16, 04:12 PM
Mah. At the very least he would spend all his funds on a very good cleric.

razorback
2012-03-21, 02:08 PM
Sorry if I've been quite, guys. Threw my back out Saturday morning and I've been medicated since.
Up and running now, though.

achinca
2012-03-21, 02:28 PM
Glad you are OK. I started to worry but I did not want to badger you.

razorback
2012-03-21, 03:28 PM
Thanks. I was in a motorcycle accident last September (diesel from a big rig on the on-ramp to a freeway). A few broken bones in my foot, sprained ankle, trashed knee, etc. Plus, bending the wrong way cause the back to decide to take a few days off for a little vacation.

achinca
2012-03-21, 03:32 PM
Ouch. That sounds painful. Are you back 100% now?

razorback
2012-03-21, 04:10 PM
Yup, unless I do something stupid.

Baveboi
2012-03-23, 01:17 AM
Very sorry boss achinca, I am in London for a few months and it may as well be a shot in the head for my routine since I will be studying English here for the near future. Be patient with me, yeah? :smallbiggrin:
I hope things get normalized enough here in the house that I can post everyday at the very least.

achinca
2012-03-23, 08:33 AM
I thinnk that I have proven that I can be patient with everyone!

Good luck in London!

razorback
2012-03-23, 09:49 AM
big southerner

Actually, Savin is only 5'4"...


Baveboi, good luck with the English. Or, Engrish, as the case may be. :smallsmile:

LtPowers
2012-03-23, 05:40 PM
I will likely be unavailable to post over the weekend. See you on Monday!


Powers &8^]

achinca
2012-03-24, 11:48 AM
I will likely be unavailable to post over the weekend. See you on Monday!


Powers &8^]

actually weekend post are just bonus post. When a fight will broke down, weekend post will not be expected. :)

Baveboi
2012-03-28, 05:48 AM
Boss, I will be late for posting today again. :smallfrown:
Maybe tonight or tomorrow morning I will be able to properly get on with my things. Thank you and sorry.

achinca
2012-03-28, 09:22 AM
Unless someone tries to gather some information or investigate, the same routine as the previous day will happen: Ceremony ends, Petitioners go inside, temple closes its door and Maesyn goes back to the Inn.

Let me know of any steps you take, if any.

razorback
2012-03-28, 01:34 PM
Besides any contact with Maesyn, Savin is just trying to collect information as he doesn't have any proof of any wrong doing.

achinca
2012-03-28, 03:36 PM
For the 3 petitioners

All the areas you have been to (courtyard, middle temple, petitioners quarters, etc have zero signs of wrong doing.

As you have not tried to enter other areas, every thing looks clean from what you have seen.

You have tried to engage anyone (you are sort keep apart) so you have so sign of anything foul happening.

If you will comply with the priests and guards orders, day two and three of the ritual will be the same. By then, Zarien and Aust will be fatigued and if Savin has been giving them his 1/3 portion, he will be exhausted.

For M & M,
Nothing in the courtyard looks like something is wrong. Unless you have a specific angle to investigate or you try to get into the some area of the temple you are not supposed to, you won't find anything wrong.

If this is your course of action, let me know and I will fast forward to what happens at the end of the 3 days ritual.

achinca
2012-03-29, 03:06 PM
It has been 24 hours since my last post so I assume that you guys are OK with me (as no one acknowledge it) and not just bored and abandoned the game.

I am going to post fast forwarding two days.

razorback
2012-03-29, 05:36 PM
Going ok but I just noticed that I'm not getting email notifications for this and other threads I subscribe to. Anyone else noticing this?

achinca
2012-03-30, 05:51 AM
I have posted the map. I need you guys to make the will save.

Maesyn is outside the temple.

And Razor, I have had that problem before but somehow it fixed itself.

achinca
2012-03-30, 12:02 PM
I posted and will need Aust and Zarien to do their will save.

I will contact Baveboi and StandardBC.

The game pace will start up and will need daily posting if possible.

achinca
2012-03-30, 12:25 PM
Razor,

I did not get the reference to "Hunter in the dark" ... Sorry.

AC

razorback
2012-03-30, 01:55 PM
Sorry, should have been Haunter of the Dark (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Haunter_of_the_Dark).

You've got PM.

achinca
2012-03-30, 02:07 PM
Ah .. Chtullu .... Can never go wrong with some HP Lovecraft inspiration .....

razorback
2012-04-01, 09:34 AM
So, I see Madmage made a post yesterday morning but when I go into the IC there isn't anything there. Does anyone know if this has anything to do with whatever they are doing to the servers?

Baveboi
2012-04-01, 11:24 AM
Gurgle...
Sorry guys. Moving to London destroyed my free time. Between taking care of the house, buying stuff and studies I have been left with precious little time which I am using to get around the city and knowing the right places to not die in the gutter. Public transport here is very friendly too, until it get past midnight. Then **** get serious and god help you get back home before 6 am.

ANYWAY. I just found time today because a friend cancelled an appointment with me. Ergo, posting today! I will try to make more time into my day, specially with all needed stuff bought now!

Well... bugger, can't see my post!

achinca
2012-04-02, 01:06 PM
I have had problems being alerted of a post or seeing a post but each time it was intermittent.

Baveboi, some online DnD might bring you the calm your hectic line needs .....

achinca
2012-04-03, 10:35 AM
Maesyn and Marlae,

you have heard Zarien accusing someone of evil and wrong doing. You do not know who or why, but you know there is trouble.

achinca
2012-04-03, 03:22 PM
I am waiting for StandBC to act. If he does not act, I will RP play.

StandardBC, if you cannot post daily, let's talk.

achinca
2012-04-04, 02:17 PM
Fembrys reflex save vs web: (DC16)

[roll0]

Savin reflex save vs web:

[roll1]

achinca
2012-04-04, 02:19 PM
Savin Stength check to free himself

[roll0]

achinca
2012-04-04, 02:23 PM
Frembrys Dispell MAgic attempt DC 16

[roll0]

achinca
2012-04-04, 02:34 PM
Shadow Guard 1 attack on Aust

[roll0] AC 15

achinca
2012-04-04, 02:35 PM
Critical fail test

[roll0]

achinca
2012-04-04, 02:37 PM
Shadow Guard 2 attack on Aust AC 15

[roll0]

razorback
2012-04-04, 04:34 PM
^^ And I thought the sites die roller only hated me.

Baveboi
2012-04-04, 05:59 PM
Hope for a bit longer, friend Razorback, while we free you of this madmen's incantation!
Post quicker Aust! I need to know what you are gonna do to decide my next move!
Haha! Only the True power of Mystra and Her's spellcasters can mold the weave as I do! Bahahahaha! (+10 Ego: people's terrible rolls against my single spell! :smallbiggrin:)

razorback
2012-04-04, 06:18 PM
Figure since someone else is in control, it's like watching a 3-D movie.
I'm just going to sit back and relax a bit until I can act.



http://www.thespeedtriple.com/forum/images/smilies/popcorn.gif

http://www.thespeedtriple.com/forum/images/smilies/beer.gif

achinca
2012-04-05, 06:58 PM
I just posted the map. Sorry about the delay gentlemen.

StandardBC, feel free to adjust your post. Al your stuff is untouched in the Petitioner Room.

Razor, unlucky is my middle name.

Baveboi, you are a lucky dude.

Finally, I will post rolls in the OOC for transparency purpose to avoid you guys wondering "IS he fudging the rolls or not"?


I will wait for Baveboi to post before I post.


Razor, if you are force to do something wrong e.g. attack a friend or if you see a friend getting hurt, roll a will save at -2 with a DC of 16 to break the domination.

razorback
2012-04-06, 10:16 AM
^^ No argument here.

LtPowers
2012-04-06, 12:13 PM
I need a little clarification on the situation...

Are the two guards leaving the barracks the only guards in sight? Is it likely they are moving to the gates where they will relieve two other guards who are already standing there?

Is the door to the north of our current position open to the exterior? Is it guarded?

Are there archers patrolling the battlements?


Powers &8^]

achinca
2012-04-06, 12:52 PM
I need a little clarification on the situation...

Are the two guards leaving the barracks the only guards in sight? Is it likely they are moving to the gates where they will relieve two other guards who are already standing there?

Is the door to the north of our current position open to the exterior? Is it guarded?

Are there archers patrolling the battlements?


Powers &8^]

Here are the answers:

The guards leaving the barracks are the only two in sight. They will replace the two on the wall walkways and all double as archers. So while the guard changes, no one is on t he battlements.

The courtyard has only two guards at the same time, each walking the wall.

The door north of you is only accessible from the courtyard. Sorry if this confused you.

achinca
2012-04-07, 11:31 AM
SG1 Will save against Charm Person:

[roll0]

achinca
2012-04-07, 12:25 PM
Strength check for Fembrys and Savin (DC20)

Fembrys:
[roll0]

Savin:
[roll1]

achinca
2012-04-07, 12:29 PM
Shadow Guard attack on Zarien: AC 11

[roll0]

If hits non-lethal damages
[roll1]

Baveboi
2012-04-07, 12:47 PM
He will pay for not taking me lethally. Next action I will fry his butt!

achinca
2012-04-07, 12:51 PM
He will pay for not taking me lethally. Next action I will fry his butt!

Well, you guys are in black robe without equipment nor weapon so until you prove your deadliness, they will take you non-lethally .....

:)

StandardBC
2012-04-08, 12:46 AM
Well, you guys are in black robe without equipment nor weapon so until you prove your deadliness, they will take you non-lethally .....

:)

I take that as a challenge.

I believe it's my turn. Which square is my stuff in?

achinca
2012-04-08, 06:21 AM
I take that as a challenge.

I believe it's my turn. Which square is my stuff in?

You pick which bed you slept in and the chest is across with all of your stuff in it. Nothing is missing.

achinca
2012-04-09, 08:38 AM
Waiting for StandardBC post and potential razorwill save.

Will likely try to post this afternoon so I will RP them if needed.

razorback
2012-04-09, 08:47 AM
Will save
[roll0]

achinca
2012-04-09, 09:33 AM
Razor,

what did you do to dice in your previous life to have such bad Karma with the rollers?

AC

razorback
2012-04-09, 11:03 AM
Previous? Not sure.
This one? (Unfurling a long scroll that rolls out of Razorback's office, into the hallway and down the hall into obscurity). Should we start by date, severity, or alphabetically? :smallbiggrin:

achinca
2012-04-09, 01:54 PM
Fascinate resistance roll for G1 and G2 - DC 14

Will Roll:

G1: [roll0]

G2: [roll1]

razorback
2012-04-09, 02:05 PM
It would seem as if my karma has infected this thread...

achinca
2012-04-09, 02:09 PM
Alchemist Fire damages on SG1:

[roll0]

achinca
2012-04-09, 02:15 PM
Savin attempt to free himself (DC 20)

[roll0]

Fembrys attempt to free himself

[roll1]

achinca
2012-04-09, 02:18 PM
SG1 attempt to extinguish the alchemist fire (DC15)

Reflex save: [roll0]

achinca
2012-04-09, 02:20 PM
Shadow Guard attack on Aust: AC 15

[roll0]

If hits non-lethal damages
[roll1]

achinca
2012-04-09, 02:27 PM
It would seem as if my karma has infected this thread...


Agreed. Well, it does increase the group survival chances ...... :smallsmile:

Madmage
2012-04-09, 03:18 PM
Does Marlae hear the screaming of the guard that was hit by alchemist's fire?

achinca
2012-04-09, 03:47 PM
Does Marlae hear the screaming of the guard that was hit by alchemist's fire?

Screams would be muffed. Feel free to have Marlae do a hearing check.

DC20: Someone is screaming in pain
DC15: Someone is screaming but not sure why
DC10: Loud noise coming from inside.

:)

Baveboi
2012-04-09, 05:04 PM
Should I make a check too? :smalltongue: hehehe

Next, where was my acid flask that I had here somewhere? Bahahaaha!

achinca
2012-04-09, 09:09 PM
I have added the map.

Sorry it took me so long.

razorback
2012-04-10, 01:03 PM
Go, team!


http://www.thespeedtriple.com/forum/images/smilies/popcorn.gif

achinca
2012-04-10, 02:36 PM
Waiting for Baveboi and StandardBC and will post after that ....

LT, which square will Maesyn end?

achinca
2012-04-11, 08:21 AM
Working on a post right now. Will RP Aust as I gave Standard BC plenty of time to post and he did not.

achinca
2012-04-11, 09:08 AM
Acid Flask Damages on Shadow Guard 1

[roll0]

achinca
2012-04-11, 09:11 AM
Enemies "death"

I will run the game with the following rules: when an enemy or monster HP hits -1 or lower, it is dead.

The only exception is when you are indicating that you want to capture the enemy to interrogate them.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

AC

achinca
2012-04-11, 09:13 AM
Savin attempt to free himself (DC 20)

[roll0]

Fembrys attempt to free himself

[roll1]

achinca
2012-04-11, 09:32 AM
Sound Burst damages

[roll0]

Ignore as Zarien is out of range.

LtPowers
2012-04-11, 06:02 PM
I have to say, using open/close as the dramatic climax to a rousing monologue is amazingly satisfying for a 0th-level spell. =)


Powers &8^]

Baveboi
2012-04-11, 10:03 PM
I know I don't have the most charismatic of characters, I wanted it that way:smallcool:, but that roll was atrocious without the help of my... unique charisma. That piece of text at the end was my mind trying to couple my actions with my rolls and are also a hint of what is to be whenever Zarien tempts his hand at social interaction (which occurrences should be mercifully sparse in between themselves).
I shudder for you, my friends of roleplaying, as the hellspawns of my mind will surely turn one or more of you insane before the end of this game. :smallamused:
Enjoy

No, really. I hope someone is enjoying this as much as I am. :smallbiggrin:

achinca
2012-04-12, 05:56 AM
I added the map. Planned to do it last night but was way too tired. Sorry.

achinca
2012-04-12, 06:02 AM
LT, Baveboi,

these were great posts.

I love the theatric and the climax of the door opening. As you said a lot of power for a 0 level spell.

I think it is great you are putting Zarien in character. The man might be smart and powerful but he is physically repulsive. I do enjoy the little details you add.

achinca
2012-04-12, 08:03 AM
I have sent a message to StandardBC asking him to either commit or leave.

I will give him until the AM then will RP Aust again if needed.

achinca
2012-04-12, 01:43 PM
Shadow Guard AoO on Aust: (DC15)

[roll0]

achinca
2012-04-12, 01:44 PM
AoO damages on Aust:

[roll0]

achinca
2012-04-12, 01:49 PM
Savin attempt to free himself as instructed by Fembrys. (DC20)

[roll0]

achinca
2012-04-12, 01:53 PM
Sound Burst damages on Zarien

[roll0]

razorback
2012-04-12, 02:33 PM
I'm going to start calling Savin "Savin who can't make no Saving"... or "Savin, the Little Train that Couldn't".

achinca
2012-04-12, 02:35 PM
I'm going to start calling Savin "Savin who can't make no Saving"... or "Savin, the Little Train that Couldn't".

May be you should be the one rolling the attempt to free himself. That has been his order since he got dominated and webbed.

May be you will have more luck.

razorback
2012-04-12, 02:39 PM
I'll do it next time but I think that this forum is secretly an ex-girlfriend who didn't want to be an ex.

achinca
2012-04-12, 02:43 PM
I'll do it next time but I think that this forum is secretly an ex-girlfriend who didn't want to be an ex.

Yeah. I agree. One with magical super powers ......

Baveboi
2012-04-12, 04:29 PM
I'm going to start calling Savin "Savin who can't make no Saving"... or "Savin, the Little Train that Couldn't".

I am laughing so much it's unreal. I just woke up half the house... Savin, the little train that couldn't. HAHAH! Hilarious!

Madmage
2012-04-12, 06:17 PM
Achinca, how long remains on Marlae's Sanctuary? 1 or 2 rounds?

Also, as Maesyn, myself, the courtyard guards, Shan, and the robed man join the fight I guess we're considered late comers to the battle and go first in initiative before the shadow guards, Aust, Savin, and Z, and Fembrys? I'll roll init ahead of time though in the IC thread

As for Savin's nickname, I suggest: Savin's Throes

achinca
2012-04-12, 06:32 PM
Marlae as 2 round left of sanctuary.

Given the fact that the party split, I ran you on parralel and gave you the same init as the group and decided you will go first.


Initiative is: Maesyn, Marlae, Aust, Fembrys, Savin and then all the ennemies.

Am I making sense?

achinca
2012-04-12, 06:33 PM
I posted the map.

PLease note that Savin is just trying to free himself, Zarien is stunned and Aust is MIA so as soon as MArlae and Maesyn post, I can post.

achinca
2012-04-13, 08:30 AM
Aust firing his arrow:

[roll0]

If hit, damages:

[roll1]

achinca
2012-04-13, 08:34 AM
Savin, the little train that could not, attempt to free himself as instructed by Fembrys. (DC20)

[roll0]

achinca
2012-04-13, 08:39 AM
Frembrys Will Save on the silence spell (DC15)

[roll0]

achinca
2012-04-13, 08:49 AM
Fembrys Chakram throw on Zarien: (DC 8)

[roll0]

If hit, damages

[roll1]

achinca
2012-04-13, 08:52 AM
Shadow Guard will save against Sanctuary on Marlae (DC 14)

[roll0]

Baveboi
2012-04-13, 11:49 AM
Achinca, boss, I have 2 more HP than you are accounting for. Just wanted to point out. First I took 10 non-lethal, then 5 and now 4 of lethal damage. So I got 9 damage, 10 non-lethal and 22 hp, what gives me a 3 hp threshold before unconsciousness.

Madmage
2012-04-13, 12:08 PM
Achinca, boss, I have 2 more HP than you are accounting for. Just wanted to point out. First I took 10 non-lethal, then 5 and now 4 of lethal damage. So I got 9 damage, 10 non-lethal and 22 hp, what gives me a 3 hp threshold before unconsciousness.

Well it's good you have 3 hp because I'm tempted to cast Enthrall on my next action to get those 2 guards off you but I won't be able to cast cure spells during that time.

achinca
2012-04-13, 12:22 PM
Taking the conversation to the OOC


((OOC: Right, they get a will save IF they are the target of the spell. In this case, he isn't although he is in the area of effect. The reason I targetted the area are twofold: Firstly being caught in a web makes it so he can't get out of the area, and secondly to avoid him having to make a save and negating the spell :) )

According to the SRD, any unwilling participant get a will save. I would consider Fembrys unwilling and thus grant him a save unless I am missing the point entirely.

I am not a rule lawyer so I can be misinterpreting the wording.

achinca
2012-04-13, 12:24 PM
Achinca, boss, I have 2 more HP than you are accounting for. Just wanted to point out. First I took 10 non-lethal, then 5 and now 4 of lethal damage. So I got 9 damage, 10 non-lethal and 22 hp, what gives me a 3 hp threshold before unconsciousness.


You are absolutely right. When I did 12 - 5 of damages (=7) I wrote 5 in my notes.

Zarien has 3HP.

Baveboi
2012-04-13, 12:40 PM
Well it's good you have 3 hp because I'm tempted to cast Enthrall on my next action to get those 2 guards off you but I won't be able to cast cure spells during that time.

Hey Mad, I am moved that you are thinking of me in this situation, but don't worry. I am far from finished, and even if they survive my spell they will have to get to me before they make anything harsh, and I hack-n-slash them better than a 1st level warrior with weapon focus. :smallsmile:

In any case, save your healing for the innocent. I don't want to kill anyone that isn't outright hostile against me, but Zarien's bloodlust is increasing.

Madmage
2012-04-13, 12:54 PM
Taking the conversation to the OOC



According to the SRD, any unwilling participant get a will save. I would consider Fembrys unwilling and thus grant him a save unless I am missing the point entirely.

I am not a rule lawyer so I can be misinterpreting the wording.

Page 176, 2nd column, under "Subjects, Effects, and Areas:"

"If the spell effects an area, as silence does, then the spell stays with that area for its duration. Creatures become subject to the spell when they enter the area and are no longer subject to it when they leave."

The wording of the spell proper defines first that you can target an object or area. Then talks about targetting a creature directly before specifying the save. The way I read it is that no save in the first situation, but a save if he was the target much like how it was in 2nd edition. The former normally allows anything that can move to escape the area while the latter would not as it would be centered on the target.

Anyways, you're the DM so I'll abide by your call. Just want to know before doing so as my next action would be quite different if it worked or not.

Madmage
2012-04-13, 12:55 PM
Hey Mad, I am moved that you are thinking of me in this situation, but don't worry. I am far from finished, and even if they survive my spell they will have to get to me before they make anything harsh, and I hack-n-slash them better than a 1st level warrior with weapon focus. :smallsmile:

In any case, save your healing for the innocent. I don't want to kill anyone that isn't outright hostile against me, but Zarien's bloodlust is increasing.

hmm... didn't really plan to heal you, just get the guards off. The color spray pretty much ruins the enthrall idea unless I am ahead of you in init.

Baveboi
2012-04-13, 01:01 PM
hmm... didn't really plan to heal you, just get the guards off. The color spray pretty much ruins the enthrall idea unless I am ahead of you in init.

Haha. You sly you. Don't worry, get the other guards. Help Aust, get Savin out of his embarrassing situation while I show these heathens Mystra's true power! BHAHAHAHA

Madmage
2012-04-13, 01:03 PM
Haha. You sly you. Don't worry, get the other guards. Help Aust, get Savin out of his embarrassing situation while I show these heathens Mystra's true power! BHAHAHAHA

Famous last words... and that's assuming I had anything that could free savin out of his spell which I don't.

Madmage
2012-04-13, 01:09 PM
Hmm, just realized enthrall has a full round casting time so there goes trying to keep the incoming guards from going hostile once the doors open and those guards next to you from turning hostile since you'll just hit them with color spray first.

razorback
2012-04-13, 01:11 PM
For Savin's next init, I'm assuming I still have a -5...

[roll0]-5

achinca
2012-04-13, 01:17 PM
Page 176, 2nd column, under "Subjects, Effects, and Areas:"

"If the spell effects an area, as silence does, then the spell stays with that area for its duration. Creatures become subject to the spell when they enter the area and are no longer subject to it when they leave."

The wording of the spell proper defines first that you can target an object or area. Then talks about targetting a creature directly before specifying the save. The way I read it is that no save in the first situation, but a save if he was the target much like how it was in 2nd edition. The former normally allows anything that can move to escape the area while the latter would not as it would be centered on the target.

Anyways, you're the DM so I'll abide by your call. Just want to know before doing so as my next action would be quite different if it worked or not.

OK I understand your analysis. You see it as an area spell where people have simply to move to avoid the effect. Sort of a dead magic spot. Never thought of it that way as I always targeted my silence spell.

So all Fembrys has to do is to move away from the area. Too bad he is stuck on the web.

Ruling: Fembrys is under the silence spell.

By the way, this does not affect the actions as the goal of the sound blast was to stun the enemy to throw a chakram at them.

achinca
2012-04-13, 01:23 PM
Hmm, just realized enthrall has a full round casting time so there goes trying to keep the incoming guards from going hostile once the doors open and those guards next to you from turning hostile since you'll just hit them with color spray first.

As Madmage pointed, the guards are on the fence. Now if they are attacked they will defend themselves. If you want to increase the number of enemies, be my guest.

achinca
2012-04-13, 01:26 PM
For Savin's next init, I'm assuming I still have a -5...

[roll0]-5

Razor,

why are you rolling Savin initiative? Right now Savin who can Save belong to Fembrys.

All he can roll are rolls to break free from the web (STR +3 DC 20) or if he see his teammates getting hit, a Will Save at -2 (DC 16).

achinca
2012-04-13, 01:31 PM
OK I need a decision here.

If Marlae is trying to enthrall the guards, the spell will be broken if Zarien unleashes his color spell, which would be a waste of the cleric spell.

You can keep your actions as is or change them if needed. Just saying!

razorback
2012-04-13, 03:14 PM
Yeah, I don't know why I typed 'init'... I meant will save. Hence, the -5 from before. But, even with the -2, he still missed.

achinca
2012-04-13, 03:50 PM
Savin, the little train who could not ......

I hope you will get all the good rolls at one ... may be it is time to exorcise the ex GF .......

Baveboi
2012-04-13, 05:18 PM
By the way, this does not affect the actions as the goal of the sound blast was to stun the enemy to throw a chakram at them.

Then it means he screamed all that loros about being a chosen one and no one heard. Can I laugh now or do I wait until you roll the four guards saving rolls? (Oh boy, why I tempt fate so?)

Savin, your case is the reason why I love web. Yet, I am sorry for putting you in that situation. Now that I think, maybe I should've charmed you.

Madmage, enthrall the other guards, the ones closest to you. That way we can spread our tactical acumen.

achinca
2012-04-13, 06:03 PM
I just posted the map. PLease note that there is a mistake. The south door is not open.

LtPowers
2012-04-13, 07:52 PM
There's a chance Maesyn could help Savin break free of the charm. If it's a language-dependent spell that holds him in Fembrys' thrall, then Maesyn's Countersong would grant Savin a save (equal to Maesyn's Perform check) ... but I'm not sure if it's actually language-dependent or not.

However, it's also kind of a moot point for now since there's a zone of silence around him, and he wouldn't be able to hear Maesyn's Countersong anyway.



Powers &8^]

Madmage
2012-04-13, 08:35 PM
Then it means he screamed all that loros about being a chosen one and no one heard. Can I laugh now or do I wait until you roll the four guards saving rolls? (Oh boy, why I tempt fate so?)

Savin, your case is the reason why I love web. Yet, I am sorry for putting you in that situation. Now that I think, maybe I should've charmed you.

Madmage, enthrall the other guards, the ones closest to you. That way we can spread our tactical acumen.

Everyone that can hear me is technically affected, including yourself. I'd just recommend trying to color spray one of the shadow guards or getting yourself to a safe distance or to get your gear (if any) that might be useful.

Baveboi
2012-04-13, 08:52 PM
Everyone that can hear me is technically affected, including yourself. I'd just recommend trying to color spray one of the shadow guards or getting yourself to a safe distance or to get your gear (if any) that might be useful.

Actually, I felled one of the Shadowguards, and since I already took my action, you can consider me an outsider too, and I will make the will save. Let the other guards help you and I will play along.

achinca
2012-04-14, 09:59 PM
Will get a post up tomorrow.

Note that the success of the enthrall spell will be wiped out by the color spray spell.

And the dog cab try to keep a door close but there are 3 door in total.

LtPowers
2012-04-15, 09:46 AM
And the dog cab try to keep a door close but there are 3 door in total.

I'm doing the best I can with limited information. I take it, then, that there's no way to secure the doors from inside?


Note that the success of the enthrall spell will be wiped out by the color spray spell.

Could we assume that Marlae delayed until after Zarien's turn?


Powers &8^]

Baveboi
2012-04-15, 10:11 AM
I think Zarien and Marlae are not exactly in the same team now. For now, at least, we can be different individuals, meaning Zarien's attack doesn't interfere with the credibility of Marlae's enchantment. In any case, if my actions are after Marlae, I can fizzle the spell at will.

achinca
2012-04-15, 03:02 PM
I'm doing the best I can with limited information. I take it, then, that there's no way to secure the doors from inside?

The map shows 3 squares but if it was confusing, you can repost.


Could we assume that Marlae delayed until after Zarien's turn?

Powers &8^]

I am fine with this but it needs to be specified in the post.

achinca
2012-04-15, 03:06 PM
I think Zarien and Marlae are not exactly in the same team now. For now, at least, we can be different individuals, meaning Zarien's attack doesn't interfere with the credibility of Marlae's enchantment. In any case, if my actions are after Marlae, I can fizzle the spell at will.

Well you are all yelling that the Mystrans are fake so to the guards, you look on the same team. Sorry.

achinca
2012-04-15, 11:50 PM
Enthrall Save for the guards and shadow guards only. The other heroes are not subject to it. They all like Marlae.

SG1: [roll0] DC15

G6: [roll1] DC15

G7: [roll2] DC15

G8: [roll3] DC15

G9: [roll4] DC15

achinca
2012-04-15, 11:56 PM
Aust firing his arrow:

[roll0]

If hit, damages:

[roll1]
____________

achinca
2012-04-16, 12:17 AM
Guards will save against the color spray DC15

G6: [roll0]

G7: [roll1]

G9: [roll2]

achinca
2012-04-16, 12:20 AM
Savin the little train who could not ... DC 20


[roll0]

achinca
2012-04-16, 12:27 AM
Fembrys, tryout to outdo Savin ... DC 20


[roll0]

achinca
2012-04-16, 12:30 AM
G6 trying to exact revenge on Fembrys AC 11

[roll0]

IF hit

[roll1]

achinca
2012-04-16, 12:38 AM
Shan Thar will save against Marlae Sanctuary

DC 15

[roll0]

achinca
2012-04-16, 12:40 AM
Sound Burst damages:

Marlae: [roll0]

Maesyn: [roll1]

Aust: [roll2]

achinca
2012-04-16, 12:45 AM
Aust Fortitude save to avoid being stunned. DC16

[roll0]

Baveboi
2012-04-16, 10:23 AM
Good lord boss, try putting that all in one place. :smalltongue:
It's amazing how Savin, The Train Who Couldn't, and Fembrys, Who Could Just a Little More, are still entrapped in web.

LtPowers
2012-04-16, 12:54 PM
I think we've got problems. Though I'm honestly surprised we lasted this long. =)


Powers &8^]

razorback
2012-04-16, 02:22 PM
Well, chances are if you guys can last another 6 rounds, the math says I should make a save.

achinca
2012-04-16, 10:05 PM
Well, chances are if you guys can last another 6 rounds, the math says I should make a save.

actually, a 17 through 20 free Savin so 4/20 or 1/5 or 20%. After 5 tries you should have succeeded.

But as long as your ex girlfriend roams the rollers, there is little you can do .....

Baveboi
2012-04-16, 10:06 PM
Well, chances are if you guys can last another 6 rounds, the math says I should make a save.

Hehe, in the eyes of Beshaba we turn to mathematical skills, Razor?

razorback
2012-04-17, 10:40 AM
^^When you're grasping at straws, the first handy one will do...:smallyuk:

achinca
2012-04-17, 09:33 PM
Additional Enthrall Effect:

[roll0]

achinca
2012-04-17, 09:36 PM
Will Save against Daze (DC14)

[roll0]

achinca
2012-04-17, 09:39 PM
Savin the little train who could not ... DC 20 .. may be this time !


[roll0]

Fembrys the meanie who cannot either


[roll1]

achinca
2012-04-17, 09:41 PM
Unreal!

I have never seen this!

These rollers really are not nice to me ....

AC

achinca
2012-04-17, 09:46 PM
Dog bite attack: AC 15

[roll0]

If bite, damages:

[roll1]

achinca
2012-04-17, 09:50 PM
Attack on the dog (AC 16)

G1: [roll]1d20+4-/roll]

if hit, damages: [roll0]

G2: [roll]1d20+4-/roll]

if hit, damages: [roll1]

G4: [roll]1d20+4-/roll]

if hit, damages: [roll2]

HP 13

achinca
2012-04-17, 09:51 PM
Redo the Hits:


G1: 1d20+4

G2: 1d20+4

G4: 1d20+4

achinca
2012-04-17, 09:54 PM
Redo the Hits:


G1: [roll0]

G2: [roll1]

G4: [roll2]

achinca
2012-04-17, 09:57 PM
Shan Thar choice of Target for his doom Spell: 1d6

1-2: Maesyn
3-4: Marlae
5-6: Aust

[roll0]

achinca
2012-04-17, 10:02 PM
Grey Robe man choice of Target for his MM Spell: 1d6

1-2: Maesyn
3-4: Marlae
5-6: Aust

[roll0]

Damages:
[roll1]

Madmage
2012-04-18, 06:42 AM
Just wanted to confirm whether you alreaady rolled my will save against doom or not since your psot in the IC thread looked like you did but I don't see the roll...

If you haven't made the roll, mine is:

[roll0]

achinca
2012-04-18, 07:48 AM
I did not roll the will save against Doom (given my luck, I'd rather not).

So Marlae succeeded in resisting Shan THar spells.

Rock on!

razorback
2012-04-18, 10:43 AM
given my luck, I'd rather not

MM, you want me to roll for you?
:smallamused:

achinca
2012-04-18, 02:21 PM
MM, you want me to roll for you?
:smallamused:

you probably should.

Why don't you roll a will save (-2 DC16) for seeing MAesyn being attacked and if you fail, roll the attack to free yourself from web.

razorback
2012-04-18, 02:26 PM
Come on, digital dice gods, don't fail me now...


[roll0]


And the suckitude continues...

achinca
2012-04-18, 02:29 PM
MAdmage,

the reason I did not include Zarien in the silence spell is because I had it stopped by the wall.

I will research later to see if that was the right call but it is my ruling on this fight.

A

achinca
2012-04-18, 02:30 PM
Come on, digital dice gods, don't fail me now...


[roll0]


And the suckitude continues...

What di you do to your ex-girlfriend?

razorback
2012-04-18, 05:05 PM
I guess my question would be: Which one?

Madmage
2012-04-18, 05:22 PM
MAdmage,

the reason I did not include Zarien in the silence spell is because I had it stopped by the wall.

I will research later to see if that was the right call but it is my ruling on this fight.

A

Nevermind, you were right. I thought an emanation counted as a spread and not a burst.

achinca
2012-04-18, 10:28 PM
I guess my question would be: Which one?

let it be a lesson to you. Be nice to your girlfriends .......

achinca
2012-04-18, 11:02 PM
Lt, Mad, Razor,

waiting for Babreboi to post before I do the next round.

A

achinca
2012-04-19, 08:15 AM
Gave Baveboi overnight to post. He must be busy so I am moving the story forward and RP him.

Frembrys and Savin useless quest for freedom:

[roll0]


[roll1]

achinca
2012-04-19, 08:17 AM
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

razorback
2012-04-19, 10:34 AM
Will save
1d20-2


If you can do it, hopefully I can, too...

razorback
2012-04-19, 10:42 AM
Crap, try that again
[roll0]

Also, is he in the radius for Bless... thereby getting a +1 to the roll... :smallbiggrin:

achinca
2012-04-19, 10:49 AM
Crap, try that again
[roll0]

Also, is he in the radius for Bless... thereby getting a +1 to the roll... :smallbiggrin:

One GF forgave but not the othersssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Madmage
2012-04-19, 11:45 AM
Nope on being in range of the bless. Besides it's a +1 bonus to saves vs fear only anyways.

achinca
2012-04-20, 02:22 PM
Baveboi is still MIA. I will roleplay him too. Working on a post.

achinca
2012-04-20, 02:31 PM
Fembrys Attempt at copying Savin

[roll0]

achinca
2012-04-20, 02:32 PM
Long time coming on this one ......

achinca
2012-04-20, 02:38 PM
Cause light wounds on Aust

[roll0]

razorback
2012-04-20, 03:11 PM
So, here comes unarmed fists of fury, guys. Luckily, Savin isn't a monk.

Madmage
2012-04-20, 04:18 PM
Marlae will be spontaneously casting rosemantle as a cure light wounds this next round on Aust and spending a turn attempt along with the spell using her sacred healing feat to increase her roll by 2:

[roll0]

achinca
2012-04-20, 04:25 PM
So, here comes unarmed fists of fury, guys. Luckily, Savin isn't a monk.

The mighty Savin, feared by all ......

razorback
2012-04-21, 07:23 AM
LtPowers, is the Fascinate roll a save DC?

LtPowers
2012-04-21, 10:40 AM
LtPowers, is the Fascinate roll a save DC?

Yes. Unfortunately, I only rolled a seven. I can hope that Shan Thar rolls poorly.


Powers &8^]

achinca
2012-04-21, 09:02 PM
Savin attempt to avoid being fascinated by Maesyn.

DC19

[roll0]

Madmage
2012-04-21, 10:40 PM
Rolling save vs Bane spell DC14

[roll0]

LtPowers
2012-04-22, 09:17 AM
No one is actually in combat except Shan Thar; does that count as "nearby combat or other dangers"?

Bane save:

[roll0]


Powers &8^]

achinca
2012-04-23, 10:04 AM
No one is actually in combat except Shan Thar; does that count as "nearby combat or other dangers"?
Powers &8^]

Well Shan Thar is in combat so it would qualifies. This is why I let Savin roll his save (and fail it as usual).

You cannot expect to fascinate someone in combat in my opinion.

achinca
2012-04-23, 10:10 AM
I have contacted Baveboi.

I think StandardBC is gone so I am going to reopen the thread for recruiting.

If you know of a player who is good and regular in their posting, feel free to invite them.

AC

achinca
2012-04-23, 02:20 PM
LT, Mage,

waiting for your character actions.....

I tried to reopen the recruiting thread but the header did not change and say complete. Anyone know how to do that? I edited the first and last post but nothing change.

razorback
2012-04-23, 02:34 PM
It may be dead. There is this note at the top of the recruitment thread:


Look for players for chatroom, play-by-post, or even real-life games here. Threads will expire after 3 months, so be sure to move important information to your OOC thread.

achinca
2012-04-23, 02:54 PM
oh, I thouhgt thought they would delete the thread. I will start a new one and will copy the posts tomorrow

achinca
2012-04-24, 09:45 AM
started a new recruiting thread. No bite so far.


Shan Thar will save on hold person:DC16

[roll0]

achinca
2012-04-24, 10:04 AM
Shan Thar attacks on Marlae DC20:

[roll0]

achinca
2012-04-24, 10:07 AM
Shan Thar attacks on Marlae DC20:

[roll0]

achinca
2012-04-24, 10:08 AM
Shan Thar attacks on Marlae DC20:

[roll0]

achinca
2012-04-24, 10:09 AM
Shan Thar attacks on Marlae DC20:

[roll0]

achinca
2012-04-24, 10:11 AM
Shan Thar attacks on Marlae DC20:

[roll0]

achinca
2012-04-24, 10:17 AM
Site has been so unstable. I cannot see the 5 rolls of the attacks.

so here we go again.

Shan Thar attacks on Marlae DC20:

[roll0]

achinca
2012-04-24, 10:22 AM
I used the first roll 17 which failed.

LtPowers
2012-04-24, 09:23 PM
Oh good, I thought you were just rolling until you hit. =)


Powers &8^]

LtPowers
2012-04-24, 09:26 PM
By the way, did Fembrys snap Savin out of the Fascinate? If so, what would be the result if I restarted the fascinate effect targeting Fembrys and Savin?


Powers &8^]

achinca
2012-04-25, 08:10 AM
Oh good, I thought you were just rolling until you hit. =)


Powers &8^]

No Shan Thar has 5 attack per round ..... Just KIDDING!:smallbiggrin: