View Full Version : Iron Legs?

Yaitanos
2012-02-14, 12:58 PM
A friend of mine built a character that was had an interesting build. He had a lot of feats and traits that boosted his characters speed, and I know how he did all of that. The thing I don't get is the feat that he had that not only gave him the ability to run full out for a full hour then rest for 10 minutes and do it again, but also gave him a +2 on perform(dance) and a boost to unarmed strike damage when the character specifies that he's using his legs. He said the feat is called Iron legs and has a prerequisite of the Run feat and a 13+ con. He couldn't remember what book he found the feat in, and won't look it up for me to prove it. In the past he's done similar but when finally forced to cite his material was able to produce so I believe that this feat may exist somewhere. I do not own all the dragon magazines so I was unable to search all of them to find it. I cannot find it on crystal keep, or the Wizards 'complete' feat list. If someone could help me out that would be fantastic. I'm not sure if it really does all that he said it does, or if it is really called Iron legs. I have a character concept in mind that could really benefit from this feat. I don't really care about the bonus to damage, but the running for an hour thing would be amazing.
For ease here's what I know about the feat:
Iron Legs
Prereqs- Run, con 13+
Character can run full out for a full hour before needeing to rest for 10 minutes, +2 to perform(dance) and a bonus to damage with unarmed strikes declared with legs.

Greenish
2012-02-14, 01:03 PM
That's not a WotC feat. Looks like homebrew, though could be Dragon Mag or some other 3rd party.

gbprime
2012-02-14, 02:04 PM
My google fu is coming up empty. As far as I can tell there's no feat that deals with both a skill boost to perform that also enhances unarmed strike damage.

But "run for an hour, rest for 10 minutes" definitely sounds home-brew. Instead of listing absolutes, it should be referencing the Fatigue rules instead.

Tell him teh internets thinks he made it up. :smallamused:

Yaitanos
2012-02-14, 02:10 PM
My google fu is coming up empty. As far as I can tell there's no feat that deals with both a skill boost to perform that also enhances unarmed strike damage.

But "run for an hour, rest for 10 minutes" definitely sounds home-brew. Instead of listing absolutes, it should be referencing the Fatigue rules instead.

Tell him teh internets thinks he made it up. :smallamused:

I think that what he meant by that is that the feat allows you to run for an hour before fatigue sets in, which is negated by ten minutes of rest. He does have a tendency to condense like that.

Greenish
2012-02-14, 02:26 PM
There's the graft for construct legs, Heavy Legs, that makes you immune to fatigue (and turns exhaustion into fatigue), but that does nothing to unarmed damage or your skill at dancing.

Need_A_Life
2012-02-14, 03:00 PM
Sounds homebrew and Google isn't countering my gut feeling.

The running and bonus to perform sounds fine for a feat. I'm worried about the bonus to unarmed damage under non-mechanical situations. It doesn't sound like anything any developer with understanding of the system would make, it's disjointed and the name is horrible for describing its effects (although that could also be said for anything in MoI)

Medic!
2012-02-14, 03:41 PM
When I first read that I immediately went to dandwiki to see if he got homebrew-trapped by a search engine, but no dice. I'm with everyone else, that's definately some kinda shady homebrew, or possibly from a different system (maybe Shadowrun, idk)

There is a similar feat in 3.5 somewhere, can't for the life of me remember where at the moment, that lets you get a metal arm with some bonuses if you've lost yours. I wanna say it was a good-guy feat (or maybe it was just equipment) but it's not in BoED afaik.

gbprime
2012-02-14, 03:50 PM
There is a similar feat in 3.5 somewhere ... that lets you get a metal arm with some bonuses if you've lost yours.

Says the guy with the Ash avatar. :smalleek: :smallamused:

Greenish
2012-02-14, 03:50 PM
There is a similar feat in 3.5 somewhere, can't for the life of me remember where at the moment, that lets you get a metal arm with some bonuses if you've lost yours.Sounds like Mighty Arms graft, from Faiths of Eberron.

Yaitanos
2012-02-15, 08:23 AM
Finally got a source from him. He says it's in the Kingdoms of Kalamar, stealth and style. Anyone have this book?

Tyger
2012-02-15, 08:46 AM
Yup, and that's the gist of it. Can't state more without violating the OGL, but he's mostly right, though his pre-reqs are way off.

Thefurmonger
2012-02-15, 08:47 AM
I do, and yes he is right thats exactly what it does.

However.

The full name of the book is. "Kingdoms of Kalamar, stealth and style. A variant class guidebook to the Infiltrator and basiran dancer."

It is a book about 2 variant classes.

and no this is not the most broken thing in it.

It is also worth noting that while the feat is called Iron legs the fluff is just that your legs are really strong.

NikitaDarkstar
2012-02-15, 08:53 AM
I don't have ALL the Kingdoms of Kalamar books but as far as I can tell it's a 3rd party setting/supplement for 3.0 books (Was published by Kenzer and Company, but also does bear the WotC logo... oO).
Sadly I don't seem to have that specific book, but yes the source he's citing does exist, but it's outdated and I do question if it's 3rd party or not.

Hope that helps some at least.

Aerlock
2012-02-15, 12:25 PM
Sounds like Mighty Arms graft, from Faiths of Eberron.

There's also the Arm of Nyr in Defenders of the Faith. Adds some STR, DEX and Deflection AC. I think it might have a Good alignment requirement but my memory is hazy and I don't have the book in front of me.

- Aerlock

Othesemo
2012-02-15, 02:49 PM
Yeah, it exists. It functions more or less as he claims, though the prerequisites he provided are way off. (Neither Run nor Con 13+ are required).