PDA

View Full Version : Shadowrun --> D&D 3.X/D20

Silverscale
2012-02-14, 06:11 PM
I like the concept of Shadowrun but not the rule-set. To me it's way to clunky, when you have to have a cheat-sheet to tell you how to resolve each type of skill check and most skill checks aren't the same twice because of all the variables. I'm very familiar with D&D rules and I find them much more agreeable.

My question: is there any existing product that takes the idea of Shadowrun and applies it to a more D&D like rule-set?

Weezer
2012-02-14, 06:18 PM
A cyberpunk d20 modern/future setting might work for what you want, not sure, not familiar enough with them to know their mechanics for things like cybernetics and hacking.

erikun
2012-02-14, 06:27 PM
Eclipse Phase could somewhat be what you want, with rolls being d% + bonus vs. target number. It also has a bunch of different skills adding bonuses based on your "attributes" (I recall the game system name for them).

Still, it may not be exactly what you want, especially if you want something specifically in the d20 system.

Raum
2012-02-14, 06:29 PM
You could copy it with M&M or True20. If you want existing settings, Interface Zero uses Savage Worlds, Blue Planet uses Synergy System or Gurps, Cyberpunk 2020 uses the Interlock System, Transhuman Space uses Gurps, and Eclipse Phase uses a percentile system. There's a lot out there. :)

huttj509
2012-02-14, 07:26 PM
Might want the title to be "Shadowrun -> D&D 3.X/D20." I came in here tensed for a system war.

As to the question, *whoof,* definitely doesn't seem like you can just kludge something up in D20. The way magic works is quite different, and fairly integral IMO to the setting. Well, you probably could, but it'd feel like reinventing the wheel.

Hunter Killer
2012-02-14, 07:54 PM
OGL Steampunk or OGL Cybernet or some combination thereof. The books are produced by Mongoose Publishing and can be had on DriveThru RPG for $25ish. They are Steampunk/Cyberpunk core books using the D20 rules. I believe the Steampunk one has spell-casters in it.

Crow
2012-02-15, 03:44 AM
Hmmmm, I never needed to use the tables for Shadowrun, but we played third edition.

The things I can remember actually needing a table for was firearms ranges, which we never used since we didnīt use minis or anything. We just eyeballed it most of the time.

Everything else if we didnīt feel like getting too rules-involved, we just used the general target number scale, which ran from 2 to 10 I think. 2 routine, 4 average, 6-7 difficult, 8 strenuous, 10 nearly impossible, and so-on.