PDA

View Full Version : [3.p] Getting into a prc with no base class?

deuxhero
2012-02-14, 09:36 PM
I'm curious, beyond Shadowbane Inquisitor or Grayguard+Blackguard trading, is there any way to enter a prc without a base class or racial hit dice?

Urpriest
2012-02-14, 09:38 PM
Arguably certain bull**** involving Warforged Bards singing Inspire Greatness constantly throughout your levelup.

More seriously, do racial paragons count?

deuxhero
2012-02-14, 09:39 PM
Even if they did, I alreddy know of them (unless there are some outside of UA)

Cog
2012-02-14, 09:55 PM
There's an aberration-themed one in Dragon Mag somewhere, though it's unusual in that it makes you into an aberration rather than further expressing your existing aberrance. Progresses manifesting, IIRC, so a Claws of the Beast build might appreciate it for Rapidstrike.

Calanon
2012-02-15, 12:12 AM
a creature with 3 levels of outsider and Spell Focus Evil and Iron Will qualifies for ur-priest :smallbiggrin:

Not sure if thats what you meant...

grautry
2012-02-15, 07:03 AM
Yes, sort of. (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=200)

To be precise, this does not allow for you to enter a class earlier - but once you enter a prestige class, this trick allows for you to get rid of base class levels.

Hazzardevil
2012-02-15, 07:14 AM
Theres another Anti-Cleric prestige class called the defiant, which lets you swap cleric levels for defiant, I suppose that counts.

Thurbane
2012-02-15, 07:17 AM
Kobold Paragon (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060127a)

Darth_Versity
2012-02-15, 07:20 AM
Uncanny Trickster/Legacy Champion +Blackguard/Ronin would work

Urpriest
2012-02-15, 09:53 AM
a creature with 3 levels of outsider and Spell Focus Evil and Iron Will qualifies for ur-priest :smallbiggrin:

Not sure if thats what you meant...

Not without heavy skill cheese. And at that point there's no reason not to jump to the Warforged Bard.

Greenish
2012-02-15, 09:58 AM
The more general point stands, though. Creatures with RHD can qualify for PrCs without levels in any base class, like that black dragon assassin the Giant statted up and I can't find.

Glimbur
2012-02-15, 03:23 PM
Uncanny Trickster/Legacy Champion +Blackguard/Ronin would work

I'm unclear how Uncanny Trickster or Legacy Champion helps here. You can go Paladin 10 / Blackguard 1 and trade in to get Paladin 1 / Blackguard 10, but how do we get rid of the last level? I suspect that is what the other class is for, but I don't see how it helps.

Darth_Versity
2012-02-15, 03:53 PM
I'm unclear how Uncanny Trickster or Legacy Champion helps here. You can go Paladin 10 / Blackguard 1 and trade in to get Paladin 1 / Blackguard 10, but how do we get rid of the last level? I suspect that is what the other class is for, but I don't see how it helps.

both prc's advance a previous class along side its own class features. Thus you can use them to increase your paladin/samurai level without taking levels in the actual class.

nedz
2012-02-15, 04:12 PM
I made a Djanni->Horizon Walker once, curtesy of the Educated feat, but that has RHD.
Stoneblessed has low requirements - 2 ranks in a skill - but you can't do that before 2nd.

Thiyr
2012-02-15, 04:26 PM
Yes, sort of. (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=200)

To be precise, this does not allow for you to enter a class earlier - but once you enter a prestige class, this trick allows for you to get rid of base class levels.

Using this for getting in at 2, or if you could somehow find a way to get feats before levels if you want it as your first level, you could get into Forsaker as a human with a flaw. Now, why you would ever want to is a whole other question entirely, but still.