PDA

View Full Version : [OOC] Heroes of the Feywild

Pages : [1] 2

Nai_Calus
2012-02-15, 07:22 AM
Hail and well met. :smallsmile: This'll be the OOC thread for the game, which for now has a rather unoriginal placeholder title until we can think of a better one. :smalltongue:

The PCs are:

Shadow_Elf - Baruk Blackhand, Half-Orc Cavalier (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=369607)
Servbot - Tajal, Eladrin Warlock (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=368371)
Condundrum - Dredge. Revenant(Elf) Sorcerer (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=369657)
Twilight Muse - Tabita, Shadar-Kai Skald (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=377108)
Lemonus - Sparrowhawk, Pixie Wizard (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=371054)
Sol - Rumble, Genasi Berserker (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=370504)

Introduce yourselves and claim a color for your PC to talk in. :smallbiggrin:

If you need to get in contact with me for any reason, it's usually best to @ me on Twitter or IM me, the information is in my sig.

And the IC thread is here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12724852). :smallsmile: You can introduce yourselves IC for now, and I'll get the thread updated tonight after I arrive home from Encounters with some actual Things Happening, but I wanted to get it up so you'd have some time for your characters to meet each other. :)

Shadow_Elf
2012-02-15, 08:30 AM
Hello all! I shall claim Blue for Baruk.

Conundrum
2012-02-15, 08:42 AM
Dredge will speak in a suitably gravelly grey. Cos he's hardcore like that.

Followed you on Twitter, too :smallsmile:

Servbot
2012-02-15, 09:14 AM
Pixies. There's always pixies. Fairy godparents.

I guess I'll pick green, as I always do. Colours!

Resident Warlock checking in. I cast spells and don't afraid of anyone.

EDIT: Also noting I am invoking my False Blood Amulet so I appear half-elfish, with a bluff check. Should I roll it for each person/group/instance of deceit, once for the entire duration of the disguise or what?

Conundrum
2012-02-15, 09:27 AM
Haha wow, four arcane classes, too. xD

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-02-15, 09:30 AM
Tabita shall talk in Blue. Cool and rich, just like her voice.

I hope its okay if I re-flavour my leather armour into a corset.

Servbot
2012-02-15, 09:47 AM
Haha wow, four arcane classes, too. xD

Well, we have some synergy there, at least. And since your Chaos Bolt targets Will, it works with Dreadful Word!

Shadow_Elf
2012-02-15, 10:31 AM
Tabita shall talk in Blue. Cool and rich, just like her voice.

I hope its okay if I re-flavour my leather armour into a corset.

It may be confusing to have multiple chars with the same speech colour. Would you like me to switch to DarkRed?

Sol
2012-02-15, 02:08 PM
Rumble would like Sienna, a most earthy tone.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-02-15, 03:35 PM
Tabita will now talk in Dark Red.

Lemonus
2012-02-15, 07:54 PM
Sparrowhawk shall speak in this color.

Nai_Calus
2012-02-16, 11:17 AM
Sorry about the lack of update last night, Encounters ran long into a TPK, and then 'I'll just lie down for a couple minutes' turned into 'Oh hell I needed to be at work an hour ago!' XD What I get for not sleeping worth a darn three days in a row. :smalltongue:

I'll update tonight after work, on the bright side I will now be awake when I do it. :smallbiggrin:

Servbot
2012-02-16, 11:25 AM
EDIT: Also noting I am invoking my False Blood Amulet so I appear half-elfish, with a bluff check. Should I roll it for each person/group/instance of deceit, once for the entire duration of the disguise or what?

:P Mind answering that for me?

Nai_Calus
2012-02-16, 12:36 PM
Herp, sorry, totally missed that. I am assuming you're doing a proper disguise as well, since the amulet doesn't actually alter your appearance and Eladrin eyes are rather different from half-elf eyes. Just roll one bluff check for disguising yourself per 'day'.

Servbot
2012-02-16, 01:10 PM
Eladrin eyes are normal unless they are born in the Feywild, actually! Since Tajal isn't from the Feywild, I think that means his eyes are normal - at least according to the Forgotten Realms Player Guide... and I don't recall half-elves having different eyes.

Rolling Bluff for False Blood disguise, then: [roll0], 13 for Bluff and 2 for False Blood bonus. Dice, be kind to me.

Well that fools the entire party at least. I just realise none of us have high Insight (18 tops, passive), and our Perception isn't much better! Time to grab Skill Training (Perception)...

Conundrum
2012-02-16, 01:15 PM
Welp, Dredge won't be seeing through that! Why's it so important that everyone thinks he's a half-elf, anyways?

Servbot
2012-02-16, 01:17 PM
Half-elf males look a fair bit manlier from eladrin males. Since he's short, and eladrin females are short, Tajal runs the risk of being mistaken for one. Thus: short hair, half-elf disguise. No one'll make the mistake of thinking he's a girl again! ... unless they note his lack of facial hair and still find him pretty waif-like.

Then Tajal goes :smalleek:

Nai_Calus
2012-02-16, 02:07 PM
Eladrin eyes are normal unless they are born in the Feywild, actually! Since Tajal isn't from the Feywild, I think that means his eyes are normal - at least according to the Forgotten Realms Player Guide... and I don't recall half-elves having different eyes.

Rolling Bluff for False Blood disguise, then: [roll0], 13 for Bluff and 2 for False Blood bonus. Dice, be kind to me.

Well that fools the entire party at least. I just realise none of us have high Insight (18 tops, passive), and our Perception isn't much better! Time to grab Skill Training (Perception)...

That applies only to Forgotten Realms, actually, because it pre-dates 4e and Moon/Sun elves became 'Eladrin'. In core 4e, which is what I use for Eladrin fluff, all Eladrin have the glowing eyes, regardless of where they're from. Nobody is quite sure what a half-Eladrin looks like, though (well, I am, but there's like one and he doesn't live here), so at worst if they don't insight it they'll think you're that. Most people aren't even going to check. ...Or mistake you for a girl in the first place regardless, actually. :)

Basically, I'm not going to make a big deal out of it, so don't worry.

@Shadow: Eladrin directions and measures are vague, but a moonbeam width is usually about 10 or so feet, and if a direction isn't specified in Serestal, it usually means in the direction of Tairil Cor, an island in the center of the bay formed by the crescent moon-shaped crater Serestal lines the sides of. The entire island is a temple sacred to Corellon.

Nai_Calus
2012-02-16, 07:48 PM
There we go, sorry for the delay. Yell at me if the text color is too hard to read. XD;

Sol
2012-02-18, 03:35 AM
I've got a question re: refluffing vs homebrewing one of my powers.

I'd like to explain away Unseelie Eyes (which grants encounter-long darkvision as an encounter power) as Tremorsense instead of Darkvision, showcasing Rumble's deep, longstanding connection to the Earth.

Mechanically, they're quite similar, with the chief differences being that Tremorsense can't sense flying creatures, is unaffected by Invisibility and Line of Sight, and has a specific range of functionality.

Would it be okay to just switch it to Tremorsense, so that no one gets confused by fluff vs crunch? Not trying to game anything here so feel free to veto! Just trying to not overly complicate the bookkeeping.

Crunch in a spoiler:
The original power:

Unseelie Eyes
Encounter** **** Arcane, Shadow
Minor Action******Personal
Effect: You gain darkvision until the end of the encounter. Additionally, as a free action, you can cause your eyes to glow, shedding bright light in a 2-square radius. You can end the glow effect as a free action.

My proposed replacement:

One With The Earth
Encounter** **** Primal, Shadow
Minor Action******Personal
Effect: You gain tremorsense 5 until the end of the encounter. Additionally, as a free action, you can sink your feet into the ground, reducing your speed to 0 but increasing your tremorsense out to 20 squares. You can end the secondary effect as a free action.

Conundrum
2012-02-18, 09:43 AM
Out of interest, was the power still granted to you by the unseelie fey? If not, do you even have a pact with one of them, or are you just using the theme for crunch rather than fluff?

Servbot
2012-02-18, 10:10 AM
I don't exactly see how the Tremorsense Free Action clause provides a downside. Free Action -> Tremorsense 20, remember where you want to go to, Free Action -> Tremorsense 5, move to where you want to go, Free Action -> Tremorsense 20.

I'd be inclined to leave it to the DM, though were I the DM I would (if I allowed it) stipulate that sinking your feet in is a Move Action or Minor Action, as right now it provides gameplay-related benefits without having negative effects.

Sol
2012-02-18, 12:27 PM
@conundrum: interesting question. Probably not, in this case, at least not directly. The Unseelie Fey did bind me to my current form, which crunch-wise is Genasi, but fluff-wise is an earthen construct made up of debris from the mountain I used to be. I don't really trust them, but recognize that I owe them a debt for saving my life; pact would be too strong a word, but I am willing to have a business relationship with them. I'm using the theme for fluff, but am changing that fluff a little bit, in terms of what my precise relationship with them is, and the stock fluff of this utility power would be in weird contrast to the rest of my character, who is decidedly not arcane.

@Servbot I was actually thinking much the same, but was hesitant to change the mechanics around even more. The original power has no mechanical downside either, though I suppose the bright light could alert creatures to your presence. As-written, it's pretty unclear if the secondary power is optional to begin solely when you use the power, usable once while the primary effect is in place, or at-will while the primary effect is in place - and which reading the DM lands on changes the power-level of either effect quite a bit. I think they meant it to be an optional additional effect you can apply at the same time you start the power, and end separately; in this case, it wouldn't make much sense to charge additional actions for sinking my feet in, but it absolutely would make sense if it cost a move action to step back out.

Last night I wasn't really thinking about the frankly really large scouting implications of tremorsense working through walls and around corners, so at this point I'm thinking re-fluffing it is the way to go.

Nai_Calus
2012-02-19, 02:48 AM
Mmm, yeah, Tremorsense can cause all sorts of weird issues. For now I'd say just refluff the darkvision, and if it's a problem later we can work on finding a balanced way to handle it. :smallsmile:

Celestria's a little out to lunch, and tends to ramble.

Conundrum
2012-02-19, 07:09 AM
Is Caelin's father's name missing from the list intentionally?

Nai_Calus
2012-02-19, 11:43 AM
Yes, on the parchement it's obviously written as a placeholder mark. For whatever reason, Celestria's neglected to list the name of her son's father.

Servbot
2012-02-19, 12:29 PM
>All around 12.
Toddlers! They kidnapped eladrin toddlers!

:smallamused: Well, this is looking to be quite the mystery. I wish "throw more magic at magic" was a workable solution... in any case, unless one of us is 12, I don't think we can effect a reasonable disguise of an eladrin kid.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-02-19, 05:07 PM
unless one of us is 12, I don't think we can effect a reasonable disguise of an eladrin kid.

I was thinking the D&D equivalent of the Pollyjuice Potion. I'm sure something like that could be purchased.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-02-23, 09:35 AM
Would our characters know who the Masked Lord is?

Nai_Calus
2012-02-23, 11:10 AM
Possibly not, but from what you know about Kerazt here, you can work out that it's likely one of Vhaeraun's titles.

Conundrum
2012-02-25, 12:21 PM
Ahhh Rumble, I'm not sure we should have let on that we already knew about the missing children :smalleek:

Servbot
2012-02-25, 01:13 PM
Was bound to be released sooner or later!

Sol
2012-02-25, 02:47 PM
I suppose I should have checked first, but he's on the council so I presume him to be relatively trustworthy. Also, if a priest of Vhaeraun doesn't already know who we work for and what we've been told, his spies are failing him, and it's only polite for us to give him a heads up as to that fact.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-02-25, 05:14 PM
I really think we should consider the fomorians. This seems like something they would do. Would our characters know the names of any fomorians who live nearby?

Nai_Calus
2012-02-25, 10:16 PM
You can't really think of any, but it seems like a fairly good bet that Kerazt can tell you where to find them.

Servbot
2012-02-26, 04:45 PM
Like I posted in OOC, I think the Bloodied Leaves are a good enough lead. Terribly obvious, yes, but never hurts to double-check.

Sol
2012-02-26, 05:41 PM
I agree in this case - I wouldn't be surprised if things eventually lead to the ugly giants, but we should check local leads first.

Nai_Calus
2012-02-27, 03:12 PM
So the consensus seems to be to go check out the gang? How are y'all planning to approach them? Just walking in, doing some research, making up a cover story, guns blazing, stuff I haven't thought of? :)

Servbot
2012-02-27, 05:25 PM
I have a pretty high Bluff check. I propose we walk in, Aid Another on me en masse and I'll Bluff them into thinking we aren't there.

Shadow_Elf
2012-02-27, 05:27 PM
I have a pretty high Bluff check. I propose we walk in, Aid Another on me en masse and I'll Bluff them into thinking we aren't there.

Don't think that is how Bluff works. :smallamused:

Baruk can be subtle, but in this case, he kinda wants to lay the whupass on some half-orc muscle. Lets just say these guys aren't exactly on Baruk's list of people he is a fan of (giving his race a bad name and all that).

Conundrum
2012-02-27, 07:56 PM
I can pretty much rock whether we go with bluffing or intimidation (+14 in both). Though given Dredge's general apathy at the moment, he's probably likely to opt for the subtle route at first and resort to threats if that fails. He doesn't feel any particular need to see this lot suffer, they're just a means to an end.

Servbot
2012-02-28, 12:28 AM
Yeah, I have to say that I'm not sure Baruk's desire to lay the... whupass on these fellows is enough to convince me the entire party should opt into this route.

Of course, throwing caution to the wind, a suitably impressive show of force at the commencing of said 'whupass' would get me on board immediately.:smallamused:

Nai_Calus
2012-02-28, 05:33 PM
We're at that awkward point where the PCs are waiting for the DM to do something, and the DM is waiting for the players to do something, aren't we? : smallamused: I'll update in a bit then.

Sol
2012-02-28, 05:35 PM
Haha! Nowhere as bad as some DM standoffs!

Servbot
2012-02-28, 05:38 PM
I'd post, but double posting is so rude.

Nai_Calus
2012-03-01, 07:55 PM
Oh snap, the DM is rolling dice:

[roll0]

Conundrum
2012-03-01, 10:08 PM
Well, I'm thinking I should roll a bluff check at this point to convince her that I'm there to do business. I'd say that I should wait for you guys, but I'm not sure how you all bursting in would help - unless it was a couple of you to Aid Another me to lend credulity to my story?

Shadow_Elf
2012-03-01, 10:13 PM
I'd have to ask Nai, but given that Baruk is from Mithrendain, in a sense, it would not be unreasonable that these ruffians have heard of him. For now, I think it might be compromising to put him in there, so I will stay outside for the time being.

Nai_Calus
2012-03-01, 10:27 PM
Hmm, make me a streetwise check, Shadow_Elf.

Shadow_Elf
2012-03-01, 10:42 PM
Does Streetwise count as a knowledge check? (i.e. can I use Legend Lore to replace it with history?). I will assume not; [roll0]

Nai_Calus
2012-03-01, 10:47 PM
I'd rule that for this purpose since I am calling for it to see what you know, yes, you can.

(Which checking your sheet would make that a 15. You've heard a little about the gang since you've been in town. The leader, Salera Cernith, usually referred to as 'that woman', is from Mithrendain, but the gang itself is made of locals, mostly outcasts and ne'er-do-wells.)

Shadow_Elf
2012-03-01, 10:50 PM
My History Mod is +11. If you want me to retain the roll above, then I got a 15. If I get to reroll a new check, then: [roll0]

Shadow_Elf
2012-03-02, 10:45 AM
Sorry for the double post, but what I was looking to know was not whether Baruk knows the Bloodied Leaves (thought its nice that he knows a bit), but rather whether they might know him. I don't know how publicly known parts of his backstory are in Mithrendain, but depending on how gossipy Eladrin are, it is distinctly possible that someone in the tavern might recognize him; before going in, I would like to know how likely that would be. Feel free to use a PM if the answer involves questions about specific backstory bits.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-03-02, 10:58 PM
I'm really sorry, but I'm going to have to drop out. I can only access my character through D&D Insider, which is problematic, because I cancelled my subscription. My money needs to go towards other things.

Have fun!

Nai_Calus
2012-03-03, 01:55 AM
@Shadow: Sorry for the delay, I've been sicker than heck all day. X_x

From what you know, it's unlikely any of them know you. Salera's been here a while, and most of the rest of them have never set foot outside of Serestal.

@Twilight_Muse: Oh no! :< I understand the need for money, alas. I've still got your character builder summary, though, and I have DDI, so if you like I can put your information on a myth-weavers sheet so you can access it. :<

Sol
2012-03-03, 02:17 AM
a quasi-related comment - for whatever reason myth-weavers doesn't display all of my skills when i load it on my ipad - it cuts that section off after perception. So i've got no way of looking up my (admittedly terrible) religion, stealth, streetwise, and thievery from my ipad, since the OCB doesn't work on it either.

i should import it into i4e, or look them up on my desktop and duplicate them someplace else on my sheet, but i never remember to.

This is a non-issue when i post during the day, but during the week i do 90% of my posts at night from bed via my ipad while my boyfriend sleeps next to me.

i hope with your help tabita is able to stick with us!

Nai_Calus
2012-03-03, 02:35 AM
Yeah, myth-weavers doesn't format right on mobile devices, I've got the same problem on my android phone and I had it on my old blackberry too. And aye, don't want to lose the Skald, I like Tabita. :<

Hmm, while we're on a related subject, can I get a show of hands, since there are some people who haven't posted in a few days? I know things have started off kind of slow, since one of the unfortunate parts of the PbP format is that things that in a RL game would take maybe 20 minutes take much longer. But I don't want to dump too much wall-o-text at y'all either. XD

Sol
2012-03-03, 02:41 AM
I love walls of text :) So far all of your story bits have been awesome.

The one downside is that it spirals into long posts from everyone, which itself is fine, but it can create delays if someone is too busy to dedicate the time for a wall post, rather than a short one sentence "i go upstairs."

Nai_Calus
2012-03-03, 02:51 AM
Haha, yeah, I know that feeling. I've been doing that in most of the games I'm in as a player this week, since while I for once haven't been particularly busy, I've also been sicker than heck with a bad sinus infection, which has made me tired and fuzzy. :smallsigh:

Sol
2012-03-03, 03:13 AM
aww, yeah, we've had a pretty bad cold too, hoping it doesnt progress to a sinus infection! I feel a lot less like my face was hit by a truck tonight than i did last night, at least!

Conundrum
2012-03-03, 05:18 AM
I'm definitely still around and enjoying this game :smallsmile: the only person I'd noticed not posting was Lemonus?

Nai_Calus
2012-03-03, 06:01 AM
Hmm, yeah, looking back through it it does seem he's the only one really missing. I know he's been recruiting for a game, though, so he's probably been busy working on that. :)

And hah, she *can't* Insight that. Nice nat20!

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-03-03, 08:21 PM
I would like to know how much wiggle room we have. Is there a pre-defined plot we should follow, or are there many possible paths?

Conundrum
2012-03-03, 08:28 PM
Gonna wait and see how Salera reacts to Rumble's outburst, I think.

Nai_Calus
2012-03-03, 09:36 PM
I would like to know how much wiggle room we have. Is there a pre-defined plot we should follow, or are there many possible paths?

Well, there's one answer to who's kidnapping the kids, but there's multiple ways you can get there, and not everything you've found out so far is necessarily related to the kidnappings. I'm trying to not throw too many plot things at you at once because I've seen that lead to nobody being able to decide what to do even in long-established games, but as you talk to more people more's going to get seeded. And you guys are free to investigate any ideas you come up with, or pursue your own goals as well. I don't want to railroad things. :) So no, no pre-defined plot that you need to follow in a set order, and if you want to leave the investigation to do something else for a while y'all can do that too. :)

Gonna wait and see how Salera reacts to Rumble's outburst, I think.

The least advisable way possible. Never insult a mountain to her face. :smallcool:

Shadow_Elf
2012-03-03, 09:43 PM
Question; in the event that things get hairy in the tavern, is the ramp leading up to the treehouse wide enough to accommodate a horse? I have not yet taken the required feat to make Auldfaxe capable of flight :smalltongue:.

Nai_Calus
2012-03-03, 09:49 PM
Hah, yeah, hard to take Paragon feats at Heroic.

It's fairly wide, but it does spiral around the tree. It'll take a double move before you're at the door. You are of course welcome to start heading up now.

Servbot
2012-03-04, 06:48 AM
Still here, but I'm of course perpetually busy with things! The entire riff-raff bunch picking a fight in the tavern will surely appreciate a timely intervention by whatever elder constellation I have contracted, so I suppose we'll be shooting off eldritch blasts soon, right?

Conundrum
2012-03-04, 06:53 AM
Still here, but I'm of course perpetually busy with things! The entire riff-raff bunch picking a fight in the tavern will surely appreciate a timely intervention by whatever elder constellation I have contracted, so I suppose we'll be shooting off eldritch blasts soon, right?

Based on my diplomacy roll, I wouldn't be surprised...

Nai_Calus
2012-03-04, 12:45 PM
Yeah, that kind of triggered a bit of a tavern brawl. I'll have the encounter up later tonight.

Shadow_Elf
2012-03-04, 01:17 PM
I just thought of something. I was wondering if I might swap my current Multiclass Monk feat (Monastic Disciple) for the one that lets me use the monk unarmed strike. I think that, as a big burly half-orc, it makes sense for Baruk to be able to punch people well (I mostly took the multiclass feat for the Ki Focus proficiency, to be honest). Also, if we're going to be in a brawl, I really want to punch things :smalltongue:.

Nai_Calus
2012-03-04, 10:27 PM
That'd be fine.

IC post will be up in a moment. :)

Sol
2012-03-05, 12:27 AM
I don't think Earthshock hit, but I'm pretty sure my daily did. And a tad hard!

The +2 AC from my defender aura being active IS currently reflected on my Mythweavers sheet, so don't add it again. I will subtract it when I trigger my Berserker Fury.

Conundrum
2012-03-05, 05:30 AM
I love how Rumble used "stand" three times in one sentence hahah.

Technically I'm meant to roll Wild Soul after my extended rest finishes, but we haven't had one yet, and I think it makes more sense for it to kick in at the start of the first encounter after an extended rest anyway - the first time he accesses his powers.

Nai_Calus
2012-03-05, 07:46 AM
Presumably you took an extended rest last night. ;)

Servbot
2012-03-05, 12:12 PM
Well, looks like that hits, heh. If nothing else I think the bouncer isn't in this fight for very long.

If anyone intends to hit Will, tell me - I can pre-empt it with a Dreadful Word to impose a -5 penalty to Will on a hit, and that can't ever be bad.

Also, forgot to note: Armour of Dark Majesty means I get a +2 bonus to all defences against enemies I have cursed. I won't be invoking my bloodied pact boon feat.

Sol
2012-03-05, 12:23 PM
Curse damage is indeed maximized on a crit. Any damage dies that would have been rolled had the power not crit are maximized, including striker features. Any bonus dice added by the crit are rolled.

Of course, Nai could read the rules differently, so he gets the final say on that :)

Conundrum
2012-03-05, 12:26 PM
A few of my attacks target will - notably my at will acid bolt, and also at least one of my encounters (can't check for sure on my phone). Not sure when I should break out the encounters, but I'll warn you if I intend to use one!

Servbot
2012-03-05, 01:04 PM
I personally intend to break out the encounters once the bouncer drops, or once my next turn comes up since I can walk in and curse the foxy lady before blasting her with magic. Warlock encounter powers are notoriously not that much stronger than a good old eldritch blast (and a dreadful word crit would've done only 2 more damage, heh) but I think I have some nice effects I can impose; in particular a -4 penalty to attack rolls and roll twice, take lowest result. That ought to ruin any elite's day. :smallbiggrin:

If curse damage gets maximised I get a nice 40 damage, which should hopefully bloody the bouncer if not bring him within 10 of bloodied. :smallamused:

Sol
2012-03-05, 02:58 PM
As you can see, I broke out the big guns early, but only because I figured Salera wasn't likely to be a minion.

I have nothing that targets will, other than Intimidate :P

Shadow_Elf
2012-03-05, 05:30 PM
Was just going over other sheets, because I was curious as to what sort of strategies the team could pull off. I noticed that Rumble's Primal powers say they can trigger Berserker Fury. However, my reading of the Berserker crunch tells me that any primal power mandatorily puts you into Fury. Will this impact build decisions made making Rumble?

Sol
2012-03-05, 06:37 PM
Was just going over other sheets, because I was curious as to what sort of strategies the team could pull off. I noticed that Rumble's Primal powers say they can trigger Berserker Fury. However, my reading of the Berserker crunch tells me that any primal power mandatorily puts you into Fury. Will this impact build decisions made making Rumble?

That was just a perhaps sub-optimal word choice when writing those power cards on myth-weavers. I am definitely aware of how it works.

The first Barbarian Primal Attack power Rumble uses each encounter WILL, always, trigger her Berserker Fury (if it isn't already active - i can also turn it on as a minor action when i am bloodied). I used "Can" on myth-weavers because, since I have two Primal Attack encounter powers, at least one of them will be used after Berserker Fury is already active, and triggering it again does nothing.

Primal Barbarian Utility powers, and Non-Barbarian Primal Attack powers do not trigger Berserker Fury. I don't currently have any of these, but who knows what the future might hold.

Neither of my primal powers are particularly tactically important. One just does damage, and the other just does damage as an immediate reaction to be being attacked. I suppose that's semi-tactical, but given that I'm a defender until I use one of those, I don't think that trigger will be hard to achieve.

In terms of tactics Rumble is good at -- she can cause enemies to grant CA or slow them at-will. Next level she will likely take World Serpent's Grasp to be able to prone enemies she has already slowed. Between Earthshock (E, CB1), Batter Down (E), and Sweeping Cut (D, CB1), she's already quite good at knocking enemies to the ground. Slowing and proning so often will also ensure that enemies stick close to her, aiding in her stickiness as a defender.

The only thing of particular note party members should be aware of is Natural Terrain Understanding, which is much more of a leadery power than you might expect from a defender.

Natural Terrain Understanding Nature Utility 6
You alert your allies to hidden advantages in the nearby terrain, giving them an opportunity to shift the battle and defend themselves.
Encounter
Minor Action Close burst 3
Target: Each ally in the burst
Effect: The target gains a +2 power bonus to AC until the end of your next turn. In addition, the target can shift 2 squares as a free action.

Shadow_Elf
2012-03-05, 06:44 PM
That was just a perhaps sub-optimal word choice when writing those power cards on myth-weavers. I am definitely aware of how it works.

The first Barbarian Primal Attack power Rumble uses each encounter WILL, always, trigger her Berserker Fury (if it isn't already active - i can also turn it on as a minor action when i am bloodied). I used "Can" on myth-weavers because, since I have two Primal Attack encounter powers, at least one of them will be used after Berserker Fury is already active, and triggering it again does nothing.

Primal Barbarian Utility powers, and Non-Barbarian Primal Attack powers do not trigger Berserker Fury. I don't currently have any of these, but who knows what the future might hold.

Neither of my primal powers are particularly tactically important. One just does damage, and the other just does damage as an immediate reaction to be being attacked. I suppose that's semi-tactical, but given that I'm a defender until I use one of those, I don't think that trigger will be hard to achieve.

Ah, no problem. I just remember being disappointed when I realized this was the case with my own Pixie Berzerker in a PnP game; the party is essentially without a leader, so she needs to stay tanky as much as possible, so I ended up only taking Primal Daily powers to preserve damage output and defenderyness. Rumble is in a much more balanced party, and thereby has the freedom to shift roles when it is convenient :smallsmile:.

Sol
2012-03-05, 06:56 PM
Ah, no problem. I just remember being disappointed when I realized this was the case with my own Pixie Berzerker in a PnP game; the party is essentially without a leader, so she needs to stay tanky as much as possible, so I ended up only taking Primal Daily powers to preserve damage output and defenderyness. Rumble is in a much more balanced party, and thereby has the freedom to shift roles when it is convenient :smallsmile:.

Ah yeah, that could be frustrating if you'd built a character before realizing it!

I find that the HotFW Martial Daily powers tend to go a very long way towards increasing your defendery nature, though, while the encounter powers tend towards "meh." When in defender stance, I'm far more concerned with keeping things next to me and helping my allies than I am with my damage dealt, and the berserker at-wills work pretty nicely for this.

Similarly, the Primal Daily powers are mostly Rages, which lose a lot of their total strength if you don't frontload them in order to benefit from the effect for the whole encounter. As a defender-heavy berserker (or even half and half like Rumble), jumping immediately into Berserker Fury on round 1 is rarely an attractive choice. So I tend to keep one or two Primal Encounter attacks around so that they're there whenever and however often I need them to be.

The martial encounter powers are fine, but I value 2[W]+str+immobilized lower while I'm a defender than I value 3[W]+str out of turn when I am in striker mindset.

Nai_Calus
2012-03-06, 08:21 AM
NPCing Sparrowhawk for the moment.

Botched rolls:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Conundrum
2012-03-06, 09:02 AM
When my Chaos Burst class feature says that if my first attack roll is even I get +1 AC, or odd I get a saving throw, is that based on the d20 roll or on the final result including modifiers?

Regardless, I'll roll some saving throws here against my save ends effect. If I get one from Chaos Burst, then we can try both, if not, then just the first one.

Saving throw 1: [roll0]
Saving throw 2: [roll1]

Servbot
2012-03-06, 11:02 AM
ANd that pushes the archer out of my range, heh.

Care to identify the creature at O-9, Nai? It doesn't show up in the stats.

Conundrum
2012-03-06, 11:26 AM
Yeah, I was really hoping for an even number on that attack roll so that I could slide instead of push. Then I was going to set them up in a nice line, action point, and Spark Form through them and away to safety! But alas...

Sol
2012-03-06, 11:45 AM
Yeah, I was really hoping for an even number on that attack roll so that I could slide instead of push. Then I was going to set them up in a nice line, action point, and Spark Form through them and away to safety! But alas...

How is that worded? Do you have to push them? Unless the trigger specifies otherwise, forced movement is optional, and it might be better in this case to leave them within our range, cause as-stands, I have no way of getting to you up there, but If you had not pushed Salera I could have just charged her.

@servbot it's listed in the map key on the first map as Eladrin 2. Of note: It's a minion, so has only one HP.

Conundrum
2012-03-06, 12:00 PM
"And you push the target a number of squares equal to your dexterity modifier."

Would it not say "may push" if it was optional?

Nai_Calus
2012-03-06, 12:03 PM
That's Eladrin 2. Forgot to update their positions when I copied the list.

You do have action points.

I believe the wild magic thing uses the actual d20 roll, similar to trying to hit a displacer beast.

Sol
2012-03-06, 12:04 PM
"And you push the target a number of squares equal to your dexterity modifier."

Would it not say "may push" if it was optional?

Usually non-optional forced movement (like your Unfettered Power feature when you roll a 1) will specify "must."

Page 212 of the RC clarifies that for "you can push 3" and "you push 3" the listed movement is a maximum and it is your choice to push it 0-3 squares.

Conundrum
2012-03-06, 12:07 PM
@Nai: Well then, I only get one saving throw (but the first one is higher anyway), and I get +1 AC until the start of my next turn.

@Sol: Right you are, in that case I won't push them. I'll update my post accordingly.

Sol
2012-03-06, 01:15 PM
@Nai have you PMed Lemonus? he seems to be posting frequently elsewhere, so maybe he forgot about us!

Nai_Calus
2012-03-06, 01:33 PM
Not yet, need to clean out my pm box first, it's sitting at 99%. XD

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-03-06, 05:40 PM
On my turn, I plan on using Shadow Jaunt to get away. When I land, can someone keep me guarded? I'm too squishy to hold my own in melee.

Sol
2012-03-06, 05:59 PM
On my turn, I plan on using Shadow Jaunt to get away. When I land, can someone keep me guarded? I'm too squishy to hold my own in melee.

There's no allies within 3 squares of you, and we're all pretty tied up with the big threats.

Again, though, it's just a minion. What I would suggest is either stabbing it with your dagger (this will be more accurate than your RBA (unless Nai gave you CHA to RBAs), and the lower damage doesn't matter since minions have 1 HP.), and then moving over towards me so I can defend you (I am in square J10 on the map), or else shift back one square and then use whatever ranged attack you want on whatever target you want (i'd still recommend the minion, though minions are kind of a waste of encounter powers, so just shoot an RBA at it if you do that).

I don't know how Nai is handling your aura - the way it's all written, you need to spend a minor action to turn it on, and then another minor action to use one of the at-will stances that adds a bonus to your basic attacks. Some DMs have the aura just always active. Either way, there's not currently anyone within 5 squares of you for you to give the benefit to.

If you go with shifting back (or teleporting) and make a ranged basic attack against the minion, you could end that shift within 5 squares of me by shifting to O11. If your aura is already on, you could use a minor to turn on Words of Gravity before the attack to give me a +2 bonus to defenses. If you teleported northwest, to M7, for instance, and killed the minion, then the only thing likely to find you an even sort of attractive target is the archer.

Conundrum
2012-03-06, 06:02 PM
If you teleported northwest, to M7, for instance, and killed the minion, then the only thing likely to find you an even sort of attractive target is the archer.

The archer *did* almost bloody me in one attack, though.

Sol, how big is Rumble's defender aura? Just in case the CA it's granting is relevant to me, I might need to know which enemies are subject to it.

Sol
2012-03-06, 06:03 PM
The archer *did* almost bloody me in one attack, though.

Sol, how big is Rumble's defender aura? Just in case the CA it's granting is relevant to me, I might need to know which enemies are subject to it.

Defender Aura is an Aura 1. Currently Salera is the only enemy in it.

Shadow_Elf
2012-03-06, 06:06 PM
Baruk can transfer an attack to him 1/encounter, with I believe range 5. When he does so, he takes 10 less damage. If you get close to him, his defender aura ought to keep the Bouncer and minion next to him off of ya.

Sol
2012-03-06, 06:11 PM
Baruk can transfer an attack to him 1/encounter, with I believe range 5. When he does so, he takes 10 less damage. If you get close to him, his defender aura ought to keep the Bouncer and minion next to him off of ya.

Righteous Shield has a range of 3.

Tabita is 11 squares away from you adjacent to a minion with another minion in the way of her path to you.

Her safest course of action is to kill the minion adjacent to her and then move close to me. Of course, the second safest course of action is to ignore the minions, shift back 1 square to avoid an OA, and then attack a real threat.

Shadow_Elf
2012-03-06, 06:12 PM
Righteous Shield has a range of 3.

Tabita is 11 squares away from you adjacent to a minion with another minion in the way of her path to you.

Her safest course of action is to kill the minion adjacent to her and then move close to me.

I didn't actually look at the map, I was just tossing that out there.

I think it'll work fine if Rumble looks after Tabita and Dredge while Baruk looks after Tajal and Sparrowhawk.

Nai_Calus
2012-03-08, 07:53 AM
I'll give it until about 6pm EST tonight, then I'll NPC Tabita for the round and update. And then it will get awkward, because tomorrow I'm leaving for California for a week. XD I'll still have internet access and still be able to post, but I won't be able to update the map after tonight so we'll be flying blind. XD;

Sol
2012-03-08, 08:03 AM
What are you using to draw the map? If its photoshop or any of that ilk, I'd be happy to keep it up to date for you if you mailed me the .psd/whatever.

Nai_Calus
2012-03-08, 11:40 AM
Yeah, it's a .psd. I use paint shop pro 7, since I use a version of Photoshop so old it doesn't have a browse function. I'd be happy to send it to you, it's not that huge either since the working file has layers for the tokens on a flattened map. :)

Sol
2012-03-08, 12:29 PM
Yeah, it's a .psd. I use paint shop pro 7, since I use a version of Photoshop so old it doesn't have a browse function. I'd be happy to send it to you, it's not that huge either since the working file has layers for the tokens on a flattened map. :)

Definitely easy to work with then!

Nai_Calus
2012-03-09, 07:22 AM
Forgot a roll: [roll0] vs AC

Sorry about the delay, stuff got crazy last minute, both figuratively and literally. I won't have time to get the map up, but the positions listed are correct. ^_^;;;

Shadow_Elf
2012-03-09, 02:54 PM
If I could get Tajal's -5 Will Penalty attack applied to the bouncer, I have a plan that'll kill two birds with one stone.

Shadow_Elf
2012-03-10, 12:32 PM
Originally posted this in the wrong thread by accident:
Now, I don't know the Bouncer's base attack bonus, but I just realized that Sparrowhawk have him a -2 penalty and that he doesn't have flanking, as he's dazed. If neither of those facts were factored in to that attack modifier, then his attack was actually a miss; any chance I didn't take that extra damage? :smalltongue:

EDIT: And apologies for the double post.

Sol
2012-03-10, 01:02 PM
Round 1 the bouncer attacked at +13, this round he attacked at +11. This accounts for one but not both of his effective -2 penalties, which likely makes the attack a 26, though Nai is of course in charge :)

Shadow_Elf
2012-03-10, 01:03 PM
Round 1 the bouncer attacked at +13, this round he attacked at +11. This accounts for one but not both of his effective -2 penalties, which likely makes the attack a 26, though Nai is of course in charge :)

Ah. 26 won't change the outcome, since my AC is but a measly 25 :smalltongue:. Its okay, I plan to get him back for all that damage this round.

EDIT: Also, do we know whether the bouncer is bloodied after all of that? I kind of want to use my daily power on him (hence why I requested Tajal's Will debuff) but if he's close to dead, it'd be a waste.

Sol
2012-03-10, 01:19 PM
Ah. 26 won't change the outcome, since my AC is but a measly 25 :smalltongue:. Its okay, I plan to get him back for all that damage this round.

EDIT: Also, do we know whether the bouncer is bloodied after all of that? I kind of want to use my daily power on him (hence why I requested Tajal's Will debuff) but if he's close to dead, it'd be a waste.

I think Tajal assumed he was bloodied for the purposes of triggering his pact boon, and Nai didn't refute.

And yeah, I'm doing the same up here with Salera - her attack bonus is huge though! +18!

Shadow_Elf
2012-03-10, 02:37 PM
I think Tajal assumed he was bloodied for the purposes of triggering his pact boon, and Nai didn't refute.

And yeah, I'm doing the same up here with Salera - her attack bonus is huge though! +18!

Doing some math, he has most likely got about 96 hitpoints, assuming he is a Brute. If he's an Elite, twice that. I don't think he's bloodied yet; it may have been more that Servbot assumed he was bloodied, and Nai didn't notice :smalltongue:.

Nai_Calus
2012-03-10, 07:37 PM
Sorry, been travelling. I forgot the the penalty, yeah, derp. Though I thought Baruk's AC was 25? A 26 would still hit that. I could be wrong though, as I am so very tired. (Which means y'all have plenty of time to post, since I won't be lucid until at least tomorrow.)

The bouncer is indeed bloodied.

No one else is, although if anyone has a bloodied trigger, the elf was before Salera healed her.

Shadow_Elf
2012-03-10, 08:27 PM
Alright, I shall redact my request for Tajal's debuff and use a different power. I don't think I need to break out my only daily power for this fight.

Speaking of only having one daily power, I am not entirely sure I like the way the Cavalier class plays; I have fewer encounter and daily powers than the rest of the party, and I don't really see where I pick up the slack. Since Nai will let Summon Celestial Steed count as a Paladin 6 Power, I might remake Baruk as a vanilla paladin at next level-up.

Sol
2012-03-11, 12:41 AM
Speaking of only having one daily power, I am not entirely sure I like the way the Cavalier class plays; I have fewer encounter and daily powers than the rest of the party, and I don't really see where I pick up the slack. Since Nai will let Summon Celestial Steed count as a Paladin 6 Power, I might remake Baruk as a vanilla paladin at next level-up.

Yeah, the aura is easier than divine challenge/sanction, but it has no feat support, so the auto-damage ends up not being all that impressive, particularly when knights deal strmod on a miss with their defender aura opportunity attack.

I've never understood why knights, cavs, and slayers don't get their third power strike/holy smite until 13, and dalies are fun so I always miss them on E characters.

Servbot
2012-03-11, 11:34 AM
Sorry, was out for a bit.

The Cavalier is generally seen as the worst defender, actually. It gets better if you have ways to negate forced movement. Righteous Radiance isn't exactly too powerful to dissuade enemies from shifting all the time, though.

Shadow_Elf
2012-03-11, 01:01 PM
As a Half-Orc Paladin (instead of Cavalier) I would have more encounter and daily powers, a little bit less utility, and my Divine Challenge would, with feat support, inflict 13 automatic radiant damage on a Level 8 Paladin. That's pretty significantly better; I would also have access to divine sanctions that deal 8 damage as riders on a number of my powers. I will definitely be switching at the next level-up. The only issue is that, to get the most out of the class features, I'll have to have slightly lower charisma to get more Wisdom for Lay on Hands and rider effects.

Sol
2012-03-11, 01:08 PM
Paladins can be built effectively to be STR/CHA dual primary, ignoring WIS, as STR/WIS, ignoring CHA, as CHA/WIS, ignoring STR, or based off of either STR or CHA balancing the two others.

I'd play around with a couple builds to find one you like best :)

Nai_Calus
2012-03-11, 01:20 PM
Yeah, Cavalier is actually one of those classes that isn't especially fantastic on its own. I find it works best actually as a hybrid - Cavalier|Warlock has actually become my favorite class, but it's more a striker with controller leanings than a defender. Go CHA/INT, dump STR and WIS. Corellon for religion, Power of Arcana, White Lotus Riposte/Master Riposte. Virtuous Strike/Eldritch Strike for your at-wills, do a little frostcheese... Works really well as a fey arcane paladin archetype. You'll take hybrid talent for paladin armor and multiclass Swordmage for the blades-as-implements.

If you aren't going for DC stuff(And hybrid DC is kind of awful), it's better if you just want the Paladin powers since you still get the Virtue benefit(I go for Valor for the free Improved Init equivalent), whereas hybrid Paladin really doesn't get you anything.

For pure Paladin builds I always go Chaladin. I dunno why I don't do STR Paladins, I just like Chaladins.

Shadow_Elf
2012-03-11, 01:34 PM
Yeah, Cavalier is actually one of those classes that isn't especially fantastic on its own. I find it works best actually as a hybrid - Cavalier|Warlock has actually become my favorite class, but it's more a striker with controller leanings than a defender. Go CHA/INT, dump STR and WIS. Corellon for religion, Power of Arcana, White Lotus Riposte/Master Riposte. Virtuous Strike/Eldritch Strike for your at-wills, do a little frostcheese... Works really well as a fey arcane paladin archetype. You'll take hybrid talent for paladin armor and multiclass Swordmage for the blades-as-implements.

If you aren't going for DC stuff(And hybrid DC is kind of awful), it's better if you just want the Paladin powers since you still get the Virtue benefit(I go for Valor for the free Improved Init equivalent), whereas hybrid Paladin really doesn't get you anything.

For pure Paladin builds I always go Chaladin. I dunno why I don't do STR Paladins, I just like Chaladins.

There is a Half-Orc paladin feat that replaces CHA for STR for Divine Challenge and Divine Sanction. Then you take Mighty Challenge for +STR more, and suddenly Divine Challenge really hurts and Sanction puts a solid dent in em'. Experimenting with various builds, the issue I am encountering now is that summoning my mount is a standard action that provokes attacks of opportunity, which means if I don't start a combat mounted, I'm probably not going to end up mounting up. The flipside of that is that I can't use a lance effectively while unmounted, because I lose the proficiency bonus. This shoehorns me into multiclassing Monk for Ki Focus proficiency so I can have a few weapons with only 1 enhancement bonus, when I'd really rather multiclass Fighter for Battle Awareness to keep me extra sticky. They errata'd Hybrid Challenge to be a free action, so I might try a Hybrid Paladin. Not sure what the other half would be; I'd try Hybrid Barbarian, but taking Hybrid Barbarian is basically just forfeiting half of your class features (and your armor profs) for nothing. I don't want anything too overtly Arcane, Shadow, Elemental etc. because it doesn't fit Baruk. It has to be Divine or Martial, or maybe something that's subtly Primal.

Nai_Calus
2012-03-12, 09:35 PM
Yeah, I totally understand the build woes thing. The Cav|Lock thing came about as a result of exactly that kind of woe, along with some heavy houserules. Don't worry, we'll get something worked out. :smallsmile:

Shadow_Elf
2012-03-12, 10:14 PM
I think I might've found something that works. Paladin|Runepriest with the Kara-Tur Runepriest build makes me beyond tanky and still very sticky. Still looking into other possibilities.

Sol
2012-03-12, 10:21 PM
You can get Ki focus proficiency and +2/1d6 fists from the Elemental Initiate theme from the new Heroes of the Elemental Chaos book, if you're still looking to go that route and don't want to be forced into MC Monk. If you don't have access to the compendium or that book, I can copy it here.

Nai_Calus
2012-03-13, 03:23 PM
Hmm, Tabita's player hasn't responded on Twitter the couple of times I've poked him and hasn't posted in the threads in a week. And we're still waiting on Lemonus. I'll give it until tonight and then update. We may need to seek a new leader, though. D:

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-03-13, 03:33 PM
I'm going to post in a second.

Sol
2012-03-13, 04:35 PM
I'm going to post in a second.

what attack did you use?

does it do anything other than damage on a hit? did you add in combat advantage because he's dazed?

if it was a ranged basic attack and that hits, you could give me 4 temp HP or +2 to defenses by switching into one of your skald stances before the attack.

semi-unrelated, someone really needs to start killing the minions. no one has any at-will aoes, and our wizard doesn't appear to be using his encounter powers, so we need to suck it up and throw attacks at them, before their damage adds up too much further.

Shadow_Elf
2012-03-13, 04:42 PM
If I land the killing blow on something, my ki focus will deal autodamage to something else. So, just let me handle the bouncer and my ki focus will deal with that minion. Then I can come in and use my ki focus to clean up minions.

Sol
2012-03-13, 05:16 PM
If I land the killing blow on something, my ki focus will deal autodamage to something else. So, just let me handle the bouncer and my ki focus will deal with that minion. Then I can come in and use my ki focus to clean up minions.

ok :) that's a handy thing to have!

Nai_Calus
2012-03-13, 08:41 PM
I'm a bit of a slavedriver, sorry. X3

[roll0]

Sol
2012-03-13, 08:54 PM
I'm a bit of a slavedriver, sorry. X3

[roll0]

Don't miss that I did 8 damage to Salera on my miss.

Nai_Calus
2012-03-13, 09:10 PM
Whoops, fixed.

Sol
2012-03-13, 09:28 PM
Whoops, fixed.

that killed her, right?

Nai_Calus
2012-03-13, 09:57 PM
Haha no.

That's a hit, Shadow_Elf. It does not quite drop him.

Shadow_Elf
2012-03-13, 10:38 PM
I will use the daily power on my ki focus for another at-will power to try and finish him off.

Sol
2012-03-14, 12:28 AM
Haha no.

I know I know, I was joking!

I rolled a 1 on the charge roll so it's inconsequential, but what's the proper format for rolling and adding multiple dice at once? In Berserker Fury, my at-wills/basic attacks will be doing 1[W]+1d8 damage, and one of my encounter powers deals 2[W]+1d8, so it'd be a good thing to learn :P

Also let me know if, in the future, you'd prefer me not assuming Tabita meant to do things like turn on her aura, or use one of the basic attack rider stances.

My iPad app for editing your PSD seems to be slowly degrading the image quality of the tokens as I move them around, which is weird. It looks like this fight is winding down though, so not a big deal.

Conundrum
2012-03-14, 07:02 AM
I can deal nonlethal damage with spells, right? I'm not quite sure how to fluff it, though...

Also, if Tabita moves one square closer to me, then I can both pull the bad guys back into range of people *and* use the Skald healing aura, which would be nice seeing as I'm squishy and near the front lines right now. So I might wait to post my turn so that she can do that :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: Never mind, I see that Rumble has already used both charges of the healing aura. So I'll just have to go for it :smallwink:

EDIT 2: :smallannoyed: such awful rolls! Hopefully someone else can take out Salera before she gets away, then.

Servbot
2012-03-14, 11:07 AM
Does that drop my attacker? It's important since it determines whether I move or shift. :smalltongue:

Sol
2012-03-14, 12:34 PM
Sorry Conundrum! I debated whether or not I should take the second one, since I know you took that large hit earlier from the archer as well. I have been beat up on quite a bit - thank god for all the THP I'm built for or I'd have been unconscious a few times so far this fight. I ultimately decided that if I'm charging back in without my defender hat on I should heal up first. Hopefully they'll continue to focus their attention on me as they have the last few rounds.

Nai_Calus
2012-03-14, 01:48 PM
That hit Eladrin 2, yes.

Conundrum
2012-03-14, 01:51 PM
Sorry Conundrum! I debated whether or not I should take the second one, since I know you took that large hit earlier from the archer as well. I have been beat up on quite a bit - thank god for all the THP I'm built for or I'd have been unconscious a few times so far this fight. I ultimately decided that if I'm charging back in without my defender hat on I should heal up first. Hopefully they'll continue to focus their attention on me as they have the last few rounds.

No no, that's quite all right. I've been lucky that the archer hasn't hit me again, but he's in a tricky situation now (assuming I actually hit him...) wedged between us. So he can't shift away, and can't make ranged attacks - he should be at a good disadvantage. And no way Salera is going to attack me!

Nai_Calus
2012-03-14, 02:07 PM
That a challenge? :smallamused:

Oh, for the record, Baruk's second attack dropped the bouncer.

Sol
2012-03-14, 02:27 PM
That a challenge? :smallamused:

Oh, for the record, Baruk's second attack dropped the bouncer.

haha :)

Did Dredge's spell hit the Archer? it was a 21vRef.

Just trying to update the map since the bouncer and all the minions went down!

Nai_Calus
2012-03-14, 02:33 PM
*checks* Yep, it hit. She is not down yet.

Conundrum
2012-03-14, 02:58 PM
*checks* Yep, it hit. She is not down yet.

Geez, even including the 11 damage from Dark Reaping? It'd be funny if my new aura finished the job :smalltongue:

Nai_Calus
2012-03-14, 03:20 PM
Well, she wasn't even actually bloodied before, so. ;)

Conundrum
2012-03-14, 03:22 PM
Oh yeah, I thought she'd taken more damage than that. But only 35 before my attack, so that makes sense.

Servbot
2012-03-14, 04:19 PM
That hit Eladrin 2, yes.

And kills? I think you mentioned they were minions. If so, I'll be taking my move then; don't want to expend Fey Step if it isn't necessary, and I still have another curse to dole out... though I should check whether I'd cursed Salera before or not. I almost think I did...

Conundrum
2012-03-14, 04:37 PM
Yeah the Eladrin are minions. And I remember you cursing Salera, I think...

Sol
2012-03-14, 05:34 PM
There's no reason to hold back on encounter powers at all -- Salera and the Elf are all that's left.

I suspect the Elf is nearly dead. It was bloodied before Salera healed it (it had taken 50 total damage at that point), and now it has taken 68 total damage. So at very very most it has 32HP left.

Salera is indeed cursed (link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12856248&postcount=89)).

Sol
2012-03-17, 12:41 PM
How much do you all think we should confide in them, in terms of the kidnappings and how we suspect the cold iron is being used to prevent their escape?

I wasn't really quite expecting Salera to show as much (com)passion as she has, which does lead me to believe she's unaware and wouldn't be pleased by it. Given how hard she beat me up that fight, she might be a decent ally.

(and sorry for the double post!)

Conundrum
2012-03-17, 12:43 PM
We could potentially mention what we're investigating, but definitely not who we're working for, I think. You're right that she's probably not aware of what it's being used for, but that doesn't necessarily mean she would care if she did know - potentially she'd only care if someone she knew well had been affected by it?

Shadow_Elf
2012-03-17, 11:49 PM
Just because a mobster has a wife and children he cares about doesn't mean he'd care if other people were getting kidnapped :smalltongue:. I don't think the fact that Salera has a "significant other" makes her inherently more trustworthy as an ally than any other criminal.

That being said, I don't think that mentioning the missing children is a bad move. We have to tell them something.

Nai_Calus
2012-03-19, 06:15 AM
There'll ve an update today, sorry about the delay, but I was on a plane all yesterday and I'm still exhausted to the point I c an barely type.

Servbot
2012-03-19, 03:21 PM
Personally, I am of the opinion that anything that is criminal and engages us should be blasted with magic, but maybe I'm too much Good. :smallamused: I agree the mysterious eladrin sounds like the best lead, though.

Nai_Calus
2012-03-20, 12:27 AM
I've put together the beginnings of a wiki for the game for keeping track of NPCs and locations and fluff bits:

http://www.iankunx.net/campaign/wiki/index.php?title=Heroes_of_the_Feywild

I suppose I could have just used Obsidian Portal, and we can if y'all would prefer. I just happened to already have the wiki software set up on my webspace. I've got it locked down to where nobody can even register, as I recall, so if you want to change what it says about your PC, just write it up and send me the text and I'll update it. :)

Shadow_Elf
2012-03-20, 11:21 PM
I've put together the beginnings of a wiki for the game for keeping track of NPCs and locations and fluff bits:

http://www.iankunx.net/campaign/wiki/index.php?title=Heroes_of_the_Feywild

I suppose I could have just used Obsidian Portal, and we can if y'all would prefer. I just happened to already have the wiki software set up on my webspace. I've got it locked down to where nobody can even register, as I recall, so if you want to change what it says about your PC, just write it up and send me the text and I'll update it. :)

That is very cool :smallcool:. A wiki just for this campaign - convenient and awesome!

I have pretty much finalized Baruk's new mechanics. My new version is a hybrid Runepriest|Paladin, Iron Wolf Warrior theme (refluffed as Blackhand Clan Warrior, of course), taking the Serene Blade Artistry, Hybrid Talent for Plate and Heavy Shields. Stat-wise, focusing more on WIS, less on CHA. Its all set up for level 8, so whenever we get our level, I am ready to swap things around.

Sol
2012-03-21, 02:17 AM
i may drop the unseelie theme for the new Earthforger theme from HotEC when we hit 8, but i'm hesitant because I love the flavor I've given her sand-wrought weapon.

if only there were a weapon equivalent to the summoned armor enchant!

Shadow_Elf
2012-03-21, 06:54 AM
i may drop the unseelie theme for the new Earthforger theme from HotEC when we hit 8, but i'm hesitant because I love the flavor I've given her sand-wrought weapon.

if only there were a weapon equivalent to the summoned armor enchant!

Cloaked weapon? That one is invisible until you use it.

Sol
2012-03-23, 02:33 AM
Cloaked weapon? That one is invisible until you use it.

A good option.

Also looking at the Sandstorm Weapon enchant as a possibility.

Nai_Calus
2012-03-24, 03:10 PM
Lemme know when y'all are ready to head out. Lemonus, Twilight Muse, y'all still with us? :smallsmile:

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-03-24, 03:24 PM
Lemme know when y'all are ready to head out. Lemonus, Twilight Muse, y'all still with us? :smallsmile:

Oh. Right. Sorry. :smallredface: I'm rather disorganized right now.

My posting rate will go up. I promise.

Sol
2012-03-24, 05:09 PM
Oh. Right. Sorry. :smallredface: I'm rather disorganized right now.

My posting rate will go up. I promise.

No worries! I'm glad you're still with us!

I do feel the need to bring up - and please understand that this comes from a place of great generosity and awesomeness - if you need any help knowing what powers to use, what feats/powers work well together, or what is a sound tactical plan and what is silly, please feel free to ask! It looks like you're pretty new to 4e, and there's a lot of complicated stuff that can be really scary to face without having someone to explain it to you, and it's much easier to ask the person sitting next to you in a real life game than it is to delay your post to ask in a pbp game.

I have this and the IC thread both set to send push notifications to my phone when they're updated, so I promise to be as speedy as I can in answering any questions you've got!

To be clear - I am in no way criticizing you or your character or asking you to do anything tactically or thematically different - I'm just offering to help out if you ever get overwhelmed or confused. Feel free to disregard anything I have to say at any time, if you prefer something else!

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-03-24, 05:13 PM
No worries! I'm glad you're still with us!

I do feel the need to bring up - and please understand that this comes from a place of great generosity and awesomeness - if you need any help knowing what powers to use, what feats/powers work well together, or what is a sound tactical plan and what is silly, please feel free to ask! It looks like you're pretty new to 4e, and there's a lot of complicated stuff that can be really scary to face without having someone to explain it to you, and it's much easier to ask the person sitting next to you in a real life game than it is to delay your post to ask in a pbp game.

I have this and the IC thread both set to send push notifications to my phone when they're updated, so I promise to be as speedy as I can in answering any questions you've got!

To be clear - I am in no way criticizing you or your character or asking you to do anything tactically or thematically different - I'm just offering to help out if you ever get overwhelmed or confused. Feel free to disregard anything I have to say at any time, if you prefer something else!

Thanks! I am relatively inexperienced with 4e, and I have never played a 4e game at any level higher than 5. I also no longer have D&DI, which makes things more complicated. I'm more used to rules-light systems and older editions of D&D, and 4e sometimes gets pretty crunchy, which I sometimes find daunting.

Sol
2012-03-24, 05:38 PM
Thanks! I am relatively inexperienced with 4e, and I have never played a 4e game at any level higher than 5. I also no longer have D&DI, which makes things more complicated. I'm more used to rules-light systems and older editions of D&D, and 4e sometimes gets pretty crunchy, which I sometimes find daunting.

Yep, tracking with all of that is why I asked :)

4e is pretty specific and rules-heavy when it comes to combat, but once you get used to it the tactical thinking involved can be a lot of fun!

Skalds are relatively focused on making basic attacks, and providing interesting and powerful effects that key off of said basic attacks or their aura.

It is a minor action to turn on your aura at the beginning of combat, and another minor action to turn on one of your at-will stances, which can be used to give an ally in your aura (within 5 squares / 25 ft of you) a benefit when you hit with a basic attack. many of the intended-for-skald-encounter powers are either free or minor actions that also add an effect onto a basic attack that hits.

Because of the action economy involved, many DMs allow players with at-will stances or auras to turn them on before combat, I don't know where Nai stands on this.

Because so much can often happen when you hit (or even when you miss with some powers!) (such as giving an ally temp HP, or a defense bonus), it's important to specify which attack you are using when you make an attack roll.

The skald is easier than most leaders in that you don't really have to heal us, we can trigger your aura to heal ourselves, but positioning can still be important! Usually I don't expect us to be quite as spread apart at the beginning of combat as we were in the Autumn's Fury.

Most people don't spread around their ability scores quite as thin as you have. What is the 16 INT for? You don't use it for attacks or for any riders, and only have one INT based skill trained. If you find yourself less accurate with your bow than you'd like to be, you might want to move some of those points into DEX. You do have several normal bard attacks, which allow you to use CHA, but Bolstering Speech and Words of Gravity don't work with them.

The only other thing I see - Revitalizing Incantation is, in my opinion, the best level 6 utility available to any class. It's a 1/enc healing surge + surge value in temp HP, which means it basically doubles your healing output potential per encounter. Looking at your sheet, I'm not sure what your current level 6 utility power is.

Nai_Calus
2012-03-24, 06:15 PM
Yeah, I assume y'all start with your auras active.

For what it's worth, I houseruled that Tabita can use CHA for RBAs, so it's good on that front. It breaks my suspension of disbelief no more that someone can shoot a bow with the power of how awesome they are than that someone can stab a guy with the power of how awesome they are. :smallwink:

Stirring Speech is the L6 utility, it's a Diplomacy power. (I actually made the Mythweavers sheet, so any lack of clarity there is my fault.)

Sol
2012-03-24, 06:17 PM
Yeah, I assume y'all start with your auras active.

For what it's worth, I houseruled that Tabita can use CHA for RBAs, so it's good on that front. It breaks my suspension of disbelief no more that someone can shoot a bow with the power of how awesome they are than that someone can stab a guy with the power of how awesome they are. :smallwink:

Stirring Speech is the L6 utility, it's a Diplomacy power. (I actually made the Mythweavers sheet, so any lack of clarity there is my fault.)

Aha! How awesome of you!

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-03-24, 06:23 PM
Aha! How awesome of you!

Yes! I agree.

Servbot
2012-03-24, 08:04 PM
Sorry for my sparse posting, I've been uh, occupied with some matters that require my undiluted attention for the better part of my day. At 11 PM my head isn't always wired for D&D, I'm afraid! (thankfully it is now!)

Conundrum
2012-03-25, 07:53 AM
I'm ready to head out when everyone else is :D

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-03-25, 10:18 AM
I'm ready and stuff as well.

Nai_Calus
2012-03-26, 12:42 AM
No worries on anyone, I totally understand being busy and having life eat you. Been a busy weekend for me as well. Apologies for the delay. ^_^;

Yes, I am aware that the rivers in that map fork the wrong way. XD;;; It was drawn a few years ago on the back of a Shadowrun character sheet during a particularly long and dull combat, and I've grabbed it to reuse here because why not. XD;

Shadow_Elf
2012-03-26, 12:55 AM
No worries on anyone, I totally understand being busy and having life eat you. Been a busy weekend for me as well. Apologies for the delay. ^_^;

Yes, I am aware that the rivers in that map fork the wrong way. XD;;; It was drawn a few years ago on the back of a Shadowrun character sheet during a particularly long and dull combat, and I've grabbed it to reuse here because why not. XD;

This is the map of the Material Plane side of Serestral's surroundings, yes? Just making sure, as some of the names sound vaguely fey-ey, but I don't see landmarks like Mithrendain or such from the Feywild.

Nai_Calus
2012-03-26, 01:11 AM
Yeah, it's the human kingdom of Armos that lies on the material plane side. (A lot of the names sound fey because they are, the kingdom was used as a setting for a 3.5 game, where there was no Feywild, so Armos had a large elven population. Still does here, actually.)

Conundrum
2012-03-28, 02:35 PM
Nai, I assume we're able to spend some healing surges now if we want? If so, I'll probably spend one to get up to 42 hp... does anyone have a class feature that boosts surges during a short rest? If not, I might spend 2. Gets me to full HP and only wastes one surge value.

Sol
2012-03-28, 04:53 PM
Tabita has song of rest, which gives us +4 during rests.

Shadow_Elf
2012-03-28, 07:08 PM
Baruk will spend one surge after that combat, meaning he is down two surges overall.

Nai_Calus
2012-03-29, 02:48 AM
Oh yeah, y'all had plenty of time for a short rest. :smallsmile:

I'll move things along a bit when I'm not so uselessly tired. XD;

Conundrum
2012-03-29, 04:20 AM
Ok, I've spent one surge to put me on 46/54 hp, 6 surges left.

Nai_Calus
2012-04-05, 02:02 PM
I am so sorry for the delay, everyone. I've been in the hospital since Sunday morning with no access to the internet whatsoever, and just got out this afternoon. I'll work on an update, and I hope y'all are still with me. Didn't have a chance to put up a notice before I went. :<

Sol
2012-04-05, 05:17 PM
eek! hope you're okay!

Nai_Calus
2012-04-07, 08:56 AM
Yeah, I'm fine, just trying to adjust back. Gonna start writing the IC post now, sorry again for the delay. >_<;

Shadow_Elf
2012-04-07, 11:59 AM
How far from us is Dredge? If he opts to gave that Gnome in a violent manner, can we get to him to help promptly?

Nai_Calus
2012-04-07, 05:01 PM
You're about 50 feet back from the edge of the clearing, Dredge would be about 5 feet back from it in the trees. The gnome is about 15 feet from the edge of the clearing, so depending on movement speed, yes, you could get there in time.

Shadow_Elf
2012-04-07, 05:10 PM
I don't think it does, but is there any chance my Swift Charge racial feature applies its bonus to my mount? :smalltongue:. Given that most of my charging is performed mounted, its a bit of a wasted feature otherwise (not that I care, I picked Half-Orc for story, not for mechanics).

I can make it to the clearing and use Trample to mix things up if Dredge decides to alert us to what is going on and interrupt the sacrifice. Also, an initial charge from Baruk with Holy Smite and Furious Assault would attack at +13 for 3d10+18 damage and dazed on a hit, 7 damage on a miss. That's not a bad way for the defender to begin an encounter.

Sol
2012-04-07, 05:46 PM
Not bad at all!

Salera ate my dailies, but I've got plenty of encounter tricks up my (muddy) sleeves!

Shadow_Elf
2012-04-09, 11:06 AM
I refrained from posting actual actions for Baruk until I see a combat map, but basically the idea is to move 8 squares forward and charge someone, the cultist leading the sacrifice if I can.

Nai_Calus
2012-04-10, 11:46 PM
Sorry about the delay, been crazy busy and distracted. Working on a map now, I apologize for how much it's going to suck. :P

Sol
2012-04-11, 06:07 PM
Should I base this turn off that map guessing where I am or hold on for a different map?

I'm guessing I'm probably too far back to do anything other than move+charge, right?

Nai_Calus
2012-04-12, 06:05 AM
I wound up just pulling a reasonably close pregen map because I've been crazy busy lately, but when I have the time I'm going to base it off this one just for consistency. Assume you're right to the left of the numbers somewhere; I deliberately left it vague so y'all could do the 'place yourselves' thing. :smallwink:

I'll try to get a better reply to that PM you sent me as well, but thank you for it. :smallsmile:

Nai_Calus
2012-04-14, 08:09 PM
Man, the dice hate y'all this time. O_o;

Sol
2012-04-14, 08:45 PM
Man, the dice hate y'all this time. O_o;

they hated us last time too! all the rolls last encounter averaged to 8.something.

Nai_Calus
2012-04-14, 09:42 PM
I'm pretty convinced the forum roller pretty much just hates everybody.

Shadow_Elf
2012-04-14, 09:44 PM
I can agree with that. It also likes to make you waste 20's on initiative when your bonus is so high a 12 would have been sufficient, 20's on skill checks where an 8 would have passed it, and 1's on daily powers.

Nai_Calus
2012-04-15, 04:38 AM
I was in a game for nearly two years where my character never once got a critical hit. All my 20s went to, yes, skill checks. And once a dexterity check to see how well my Paladin did at trying to make an eight-pointed star out of twigs and string to memorialize a dead horse.

Servbot
2012-04-15, 07:01 PM
I've scored two crits over the two encounters, both as my opening move, so I dunno. I'm not that spooned (yet).

Watch me roll infinite 1s for this.

Nai_Calus
2012-04-15, 09:57 PM
Yeah, never bait the forum roller. ;)

I'm pretty sure Lemonus isn't going to post at this point; I PMed him three days ago and haven't gotten a reply, so I'll give it until tomorrow for Twilight to post and update.

Nai_Calus
2012-04-17, 10:58 PM
And by 'tomorrow' I mean 'today'. ._.; Bad DM, no cookie. :smalltongue:

Sol
2012-04-17, 11:45 PM
The mountain fights with a pick! Not an axe!!

Bad DM, no cookie. :smalltongue:

Nai_Calus
2012-04-17, 11:55 PM
What I get for posting when I'm tired. XD; Sorry, will fix!

Conundrum
2012-04-18, 04:24 AM
I assume the Cultist listed as K12 is actually the one in J12, since that one's not listed? (And the token in K12 looks like one of the prisoners?)

Also, Sol, I'm not sure you can move to G11. Isn't Baruk's horse in the way?

Servbot
2012-04-18, 05:27 AM
You can move through allies' squares, and the horse is probably an ally to us.

Tajal vaporising more cultists, wahaha~

Conundrum
2012-04-18, 05:32 AM
Ending Movement. You canít end your movement in an
occupied square unless itís a prone allyís square, or itís an
enemyís square and that enemy is helpless.

He would have been able to move *through* the square, but not end his movement there - which I think he did, since his move action ended in G11 and the he started new movement with the charge action.

I'll wait for Nai's call on this, though, because where Baruk ends up affects my turn significantly.

Servbot
2012-04-18, 05:41 AM
Ah, right, a'course. Well, if Baruk moves outta the way it'd be solved, but you're right in that horse blocking would block stopping in that zone. Let's knock the horse prone.

Conundrum
2012-04-18, 06:11 AM
Of course, if we can game it a little and choose what order our stuff happens in, I could do my move assuming that Rumble isn't in my way yet, and then could get out of her way before her move. But yeah, I'll wait for Nai :smallsmile:

Nai_Calus
2012-04-18, 06:45 AM
Initiative order is pretty fluid here since we're not doing strict init order.

Yeah, Auldfaxe/Baruk are in G11. (Also three other squares, and the whole quantum position thing with mounts is really weird. :P)

Yeah, J12, not K12.

Conundrum
2012-04-18, 07:48 AM
Ok, well if that's cool then I'll do my turn as if Rumble hasn't moved yet, and then I'll be out of the way before her charge. Post incoming! :smallbiggrin:

Conundrum
2012-04-18, 08:09 AM
Gonna use Elven Accuracy to re-roll Spark Form attack roll vs the Cultist leader:

Attack: [roll0]

Sol
2012-04-18, 08:53 AM
Eep, I was tired and did not think about the horse being that large.

Shadow_Elf
2012-04-18, 11:57 AM
I can have Baruk move, but the biggest damage I can do is with charging, and so I would like to charge the leader if I can. I'll wait for the results of Dredge's turn before making any decisions.

Conundrum
2012-04-18, 11:59 AM
Results of my turn?

Haha goddamn, the sorcerer just cut a swath of bloody damn destruction through the battlefield. The dice like him this round.

:smalltongue:

Sol
2012-04-18, 12:59 PM
I can edit my turn if my sleepiness causes problems :)

Nai_Calus
2012-04-22, 07:32 PM
Apologies for the delay, in the hospital. Well update when I get out.

Shadow_Elf
2012-04-23, 12:23 PM
Unless this lead cultist has as much AC as Baruk in plate armor, that should deal a solid 41 damage, plus some debuffs. Baruk does a lot more damage when mounted and wielding a lance than he does on foot wielding a longsword.

Sol
2012-04-25, 05:19 PM
@Nai, please please please talk to me when you're out of the hospital?

^ = concerned, not angry!

Nai_Calus
2012-04-26, 10:19 AM
I am back and reasonably conscious/at home finally. Update incoming, I'm so sorry for the delay. >_<

Also, at this point it looks like Twilight Muse may have left us; I'll NPC her for this fight, but since Tabita is the only Leader we may want to discuss what to do about that.

@Sol: I'll be alright, hopefully. I'll try to shoot you a PM later today, got a ton of catching up to do.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-04-27, 09:49 AM
@Nai_Calus I'm really sorry. I wish I could help.

On an unrelated note, I think that we should use Pyromancers (http://pyromancers.com/) for any further tactical combats. Its a browser-based battlemap application that is free, simple, powerful, and made especially for forum games.

Nai_Calus
2012-04-27, 04:18 PM
Aha, there you are. *pounce* I'll look into it.

I'm doing the update now because this is about the only time I'll have time and actually be on a computer until at least tomorrow night at the earliest, so unless you post before I finish, I'll have to NPC Tabita for this round. Remember, if you're confused what to do or aren't sure what targets are valid you can always ask us. Well, mostly me on the last since I'll be able to figure out what's dead and what isn't, but. ;)

Anyway, happy fun status-y time and figuring out where everyone is. Sorry for the additional delay, had a medication withdrawal yesterday and yeah yesterday kind of went to pants mentally. ^_^;;;

Nai_Calus
2012-04-27, 05:34 PM
Pardon the double: Activate Bolstering Speech, Tabita vs Leader: [roll0] vs AC, [roll1] damage on hit.

Shadow_Elf
2012-04-27, 05:51 PM
Technically, since my attack dazed him, it should stop his immediate action, right?

Nai_Calus
2012-04-27, 06:15 PM
Herp, forgot he was dazed. Indeed it does. Your horse still falls over, though. ;)

Sol
2012-04-27, 07:11 PM
Your damage total vs me is wrong too, should just be the 8 i think, since the badass daze saved us from the 21+slowed.

Nai_Calus
2012-04-28, 08:48 AM
Indeed. Derp.

Servbot
2012-04-30, 06:12 PM
Another crit? I just... what. Just... what. This is going to horribly backfire on me some time.

Nai_Calus
2012-04-30, 07:00 PM
Technically it already has.

Servbot
2012-04-30, 07:10 PM
Technically it already has.

How, exactly?

Nai_Calus
2012-04-30, 07:32 PM
Both of them have been on minions. I'm going to have to think of a ridiculously over-the-top description of that guy's death to try to make up for the sadness of critting a minion. XD;

Sol
2012-05-01, 05:33 PM
Hooray for cultist heads exploding!

@Shadow Elf: I used Natural Terrain Understanding, which will give you and Auldfaxe a +2 power bonus to AC EONT and let you shift 2 as a free action (even though you're prone).

I don't know too much about the action economy of remounting in combat, but distance could let you charge :)

Nai_Calus
2012-05-03, 04:56 PM
By now everyone who's going to post presumably has, so I'll advance tonight. :3

Sol
2012-05-04, 02:22 AM
Not trying to rain on Baruk's parade, and Nai can rule otherwise of course, but only Gods and Angels can transcend language barriers when speaking Supernal. According to pages 69-70 of the Rules Compendium, mortals who learn Supernal don't gain this ability.

There is a Deva paragon feat for it (Remembered Mother Tongue), but thats the only way I know of for a player to do that.

that said, it's 99% a flavor thing that shouldn't break anything, and you spent a feat for it, so if I were DMing i'd allow it :)

Nai_Calus
2012-05-04, 07:35 AM
I'll poke at it but I doubt I'll find it objectionable.

And by 'tonight' I mean 'Friday' apparently. Sorry guys. I'm on a new medication and it just absolutely knocks me on my ass. X_x;

Nai_Calus
2012-05-04, 10:44 PM
There we go. I feel bad that it's so short, but there is something still undecided, so.

Nai_Calus
2012-05-07, 05:37 PM
*gently pokes thread with a stick* :smalleek:

Shadow_Elf
2012-05-08, 02:40 PM
Still around, been sick with a cold the past few days and avoided the computer in favour of books and kleenex. I'll have a post up soon.

Sol
2012-05-08, 03:29 PM
likewise! The weather in chicago has been ridonkulous and the temperature keeps going up or down by 40 degrees every day, which is playing terrible games with my head and stomach. and i had company in town over the weekend.

but i'm here and ready to stop cultists from summoning...things!

Nai_Calus
2012-05-08, 09:34 PM
Ach, colds suck. Hope you feel better, Shadow_Elf. You too, Sol. D:

It's been hotter than heck here, but it's been consistent at least in that.

Yay, that's everyone but Conundrum I've head from, and he seems to be active more in the mornings due to the time zone differences. :3

There is bad news, though, Twilight Muse has wound up deciding to drop, which leaves the party down two members and without a Leader. Four is a viable group number, but the lack of Leader is a bit awkward. I'm inclined to see if I can recruit someone for the slot from people I know/you guys know, just because it's much easier that way for the times combat does break out, but let me know what you guys think. At any rate, I wouldn't be introducing a new character until there was a natural point in the story for it, so it wouldn't be all 'suddenly someone runs up in the forest'. XD;

Conundrum
2012-05-11, 12:20 PM
We could make the leader-less-ness work if we all committed to it with MC feats or items or what-have-you, but I guess a proper leader would work better if we/you can find someone reliable. It sucks having people drop out :smallfrown:

I was about to make a post, but then realised - does my Elf Heritage thingy from being a Revenant mean that the Dark Iron chains would burn me? I'm not sure if it makes me a fey creature, or just treated as Elf for prerequisites.

Servbot
2012-05-11, 12:51 PM
I've tried to post but come up with nothing substantial. Gotta jet now but I'll definitely post by tonight, though I have no idea on what to do; as an eladrin I can't quite touch the chains either can I?

Nai_Calus
2012-05-12, 06:05 AM
I meant to update last night, but y'all got me sick through the internet and I was too nauseous to write worth a damn. :smalltongue::smallwink:

(Actually, it's medication stuff, but it's amusing to think of people getting people sick through the internet.)

Workin' on it now. :3

Conundrum: It doesn't actually give you Fey Origin, reading the Past Soul feat, so I'd rule that while it does make Dredge uncomfortable due to associations, it doesn't actually have any harmful effects, and the discomfort is more the ghost of discomfort, if that makes sense.

Conundrum
2012-05-12, 08:35 AM
Nai: Makes sense to me!

Ooh, I forgot about the other cultists that ran into the cave. Having said that, Dredge is probably going to be extremely dismissal of this lot. They seem insane.

Servbot
2012-05-12, 10:27 PM
And the nat 20s continue and continue. Idly, I considered blasting this cultist with magic to put him out of his misery, but that'd be mean.

Also Good alignment and all.

Conundrum
2012-05-13, 03:07 AM
Loaded dice-roller! Dredge was gonna blast him too, but figured that wouldn't make him very popular with Baruk at least. Not that he is already.

Shadow_Elf
2012-05-13, 09:45 AM
Baruk would only be angry because he hasn't finished questioning him. He'd be fine with putting him out of his misery afterwards.

Conundrum
2012-05-13, 10:18 AM
Yeah, that's what I figured. Just 'cos Dredge is done doesn't mean Baruk is :smallcool:

Nai_Calus
2012-05-15, 01:21 AM
I really need to stop using such eye-bleeding text colors. :smalltongue:

Nai_Calus
2012-05-21, 05:20 PM
Hmm, there seems to have been a problem with my last post. I see it, but someone just PMed me that it hadn't gone through right, and after making that second post and looking at the list, the reply count for the thread is off. Let me know if the first one shows up now, if not I'll repost it.

Conundrum
2012-05-21, 05:28 PM
I see two posts from you after Baruk, and the first of them has always been there. Dredge has no questions to ask right now though, so he's just waiting to head into the cave.

Nai_Calus
2012-05-21, 08:03 PM
Sometimes the forums are odd. (Like the aforementioned 200 replies listed for a thread with 202 posts. What.)

If no one's posted by morning I'll edit the second one with a move to everyone entering the cave. We can get timey-wimey if need be. ;)

Shadow_Elf
2012-05-22, 12:21 AM
Sorry for taking so long to post my other questions, I sort of half forgot that I needed to post again.

Nai_Calus
2012-05-23, 05:59 AM
I shall never forgive you. :smallannoyed::smalltongue:

Anyone gonna post? Or is this one of those 'Move it along already, DM' silences? :smallwink: