PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Can you help me finish up my lich?

Roxxy
2012-02-15, 01:25 PM
Here is her build. I used a house rule in making her: other races may use the Human racial features in place of their own. I gave her a familiar instead of the poppet Gravewalkers normally have, because I really wanted to give her the Stitched Flesh Familiar feat from 3.5 Libris Mortis. This feat gives you a familiar that is made from stitched together dead animal parts. It's kind of like a tiny animal flesh golem.

What I need help with is finishing selecting feats and picking out the spells stored in her familiar. I intend her as a gish, so she should have feats that improve her combat ability (Power Attack, Combat Expertise, and Vital Strike are considered core combat options and not feats under the rules I use, so I don't need to take them). Her spells should be necromancy or increase her melee combat skill, but she also needs a couple disguise spells to hide her lichdom.

Aurelie

Female Catfolk Lich

Ranger 1/Witch (Gravewalker) 5/Eldritch Knight 7

104 HP
AC 22, Touch 10, FF 22
Darkvision 60 ft
Speed 20 Feet
Fort +11
Ref +5
Will +8
CMB +14
CMD 24
BAB +10

Str 20
Dex 10
Int 25
Wis 14
Cha 16

Feats

Track
Craft Wondrous Item
Stitched Flesh Familiar
Arcane Armor Training
Arcane Armor Mastery
4 More General Feats
2 More Combat Feats

Skill Ranks

Survival 13
Knowledge (Nature) 13
Knowledge (Arcana) 13
Bluff 13
Diplomacy 13
Intimidate 13
Sense Motive 13
Spellcraft 13
Perception 13
Stealth 13
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 1
Knowledge (Local) 1
Knowledge (History) 1
Knowledge (Nobility) 1

Equipment

Headband of Intelligence +4
Belt of Strength +2
Phylactery (Not on person)
+2 Chain Shirt
Armored Kilt
+2 Scythe
Masterwork Composite Longbow +5 Strength Bonus
Masterwork Handaxe
Masterwork Dagger

Familiar

Stitched Flesh Cat

Hexes

Disguise

Other Features

Cantrips
Favored Enemy (Elf) +2
Diverse Training
Rejuvination
Undead Immunities
Channel Resistance +4
DR 15 (Bludgeoning, Magic)
Immune cold and electricity
Lich Touch Attack
Fear Aura
Paralyzing Touch
+8 to Perception, Sense Motive, and Stealth
Aura of Desecration
Bonethrall

Witch Spells Per Day
Level 1 6
Level 2 6
Level 3 5
Level 4 4
Level 5 3
Level 6 2

Can you help me out?

Is her build cool?

Roxxy
2012-02-15, 02:08 PM
I use the magic BAB option from Unearthed Arcana. Her's is 12, which means that, while she determines spells per day and such as if she were an 11th level Witch (5 from Witch, 6 from Eldritch Knight), her caster level is 12, which effects anything dependent on caster level and not class level.

Dr. Yes
2012-02-15, 02:15 PM
I don't see any hexes listed, but Prehensile Hair is actually pretty nasty for a gish. For five or six minutes a day, you can completely ignore strength and hit like a two-handed warrior with reach 10. Combat Reflexes and the Whirlwind Attack track are both pretty strong options on that build. Actually, since you'll presumably be using Enlarge Person in every combat, those are solid choices regardless.

As for feats, I would normally say Ability Focus: Misfortune or Evil Eye, but since the save DCs are based on your Witch level you're not going to be using those. Spell Focus and Greater Spell Focus for your most-used school are always a good idea. If that school is Conjuration, Augment Summoning is very nice.

As mentioned above, Enlarge Person is a strong buff for any melee character. Fly is basically auto-win against melee characters without it. False Life is a good pre-combat buff. Black Tentacles and Enervation are strong for anyone. If you're going for a crit build, Unerring Weapon will give you +5 to confirm for just one first-level spell slot.

This has nothing to do with feats or spells, but there's no reason not to go for Witch 6/EK 6 instead of Witch 5/EK 7. At Witch 6 you gain a hex and boost your BAB and all three saves, while EK 7 only boosts BAB and Fort.

Roxxy
2012-02-15, 02:20 PM
I don't see any hexes listed, but Prehensile Hair is actually pretty nasty for a gish. For five or six minutes a day, you can completely ignore strength and hit like a two-handed warrior with reach 10. Combat Reflexes and the Whirlwind Attack track are both pretty strong options on that build. Actually, since you'll presumably be using Enlarge Person in every combat, those are solid choices regardless.I have Disguise as my hex currently. I only get one because of my archetype. I probably won't be using enlarge person, because I dislike the idea of her being large sized instead of medium.

As for feats, I would normally say Ability Focus: Misfortune or Evil Eye, but since the save DCs are based on your Witch level you're not going to be using those. Spell Focus and Greater Spell Focus for your most-used school are always a good idea. If that school is Conjuration, Augment Summoning is very nice.What about Spell Focus: Necromancy?

As mentioned above, Enlarge Person is a strong buff for any melee character. Fly is basically auto-win against melee characters without it. False Life is a good pre-combat buff. Black Tentacles and Enervation are strong for anyone. If you're going for a crit build, Unerring Weapon will give you +5 to confirm for just one first-level spell slot.False Life, Enervation, and Unerring Weapon all sound nice.

This has nothing to do with feats or spells, but there's no reason not to go for Witch 6/EK 6 instead of Witch 5/EK 7. At Witch 6 you gain a hex and boost your BAB and all three saves, while EK 7 only boosts BAB and Fort.That's a pretty good idea. I just might do that.

Roxxy
2012-02-15, 02:21 PM
What's the best spell available to a Witch that can disguise a lich as a normal, living person?

jmelesky
2012-02-15, 02:41 PM
What's the best spell available to a Witch that can disguise a lich as a normal, living person?

Gentle Repose, if cast soon enough after the conversion (and re-cast regularly).

Dr. Yes
2012-02-15, 03:31 PM
Honestly, the Disguise hex or a Hat of Disguise is probably your best bet there. If you also pump your disguise skill and take Skill Focus, by 13th level you'll be able to fool basically everyone.

Hell, by 10th level a PC-classed wolverine or horse can pass for human with a little feat investment.