PDA

View Full Version : Damage Scaling

rmaunus
2012-02-15, 05:45 PM
What does large size 2d8 go up to for huge?

Godskook
2012-02-15, 05:50 PM
A wild poster appears. It uses hyperlink......its super effective! (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/weapons.htm#weaponSize)

NeoSeraphi
2012-02-15, 05:51 PM
It goes to 3d8. Here's the Monstrous Feats (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsterFeats.htm) section of the SRD. The Improved Natural Attack feat has a table for damage scaling.

Edit: Wild poster used Swordsage! Seraphi's posting Speed fell!

rmaunus
2012-02-15, 05:52 PM
Thank you guys lol

Feralventas
2012-02-15, 05:55 PM
Improved Natural attack states that an attack that starts out as 1d10 goes to 2d8, then 3d8. Not sure if that helps, but it seems like that'd be the next step upward.

rmaunus
2012-02-15, 06:11 PM
Is there a cap on the amount of damage someone can do? I'm trying to see what I can do to get my monk's damage as high as possible. Right now my unarmed strike does 2d8 and is treated as large size. We're playing Pathfinder but we're allowing 3.5 stuff in on a case by case basis.

Feralventas
2012-02-15, 11:09 PM
-Improved Natural Attack increases the damage by 1 dice-type.
-Superior Unarmed Strike from Tome of Battle does this again for a Monk, or grants Monk's unarmed damage progression to a non-monk with Improved Unarmed Attack.
-Monk's Belt increases your effective Monk level by 5 for several things including unarmed damage dice.
-Monk Tatoo does this as well, for +4 which stacks with the Belt.

That stuff brings you up to 2d8 as a 1st level monk if you have the feats and money to get it all. You can also take more levels in that class, or another that advances unarmed strike (Battle Dancer from Dragon Magazine Compendium, or Fist of the Forest from Complete Champion) to continue advancing it.

Size augmentation is the next step. There are spells for this, but the simplest effect (if I understand it right) is to put the Sizing enhancement on a weapon you wield that is still treated as unarmed strike (brass knuckles, gauntlet, etc) so that you're treated as a Colossal creature for the purpose of those attacks and then factor in your effective Monk level.

Medic!
2012-02-15, 11:13 PM
A magic item (or friendly caster persuaded with hugs or pearls of power) enchanted with Mighty Wallop or Greater Mighty Wallop will increase your damage size catagory as well.