PDA

View Full Version : Spell Selection

Evard
2012-02-15, 06:28 PM
I need a great spell selection for a level 6 Whisper Gnome Wizard (18 Int), the race is kinda needed due to plot. I'm using a variant that give the wizard the fighter bonus feat list (taking Improved Initiative and Toughness and/or Improved Toughness (or take one as a normal feat).

I actually haven't made a wizard in years

I played a ToB character recently and was told it was completely broken (haha!) and want to show what a Wizard can do.

The spell selection needs to be first party and dragon mag.

I want a wizard that can own a battle but it is ok if this isn't possible at such a low level. The type of enemies I'll be facing can be anything from dragons, undead, plants (less likely), to humans... Yeah...

Any help will be appreciated :)

Myth
2012-02-15, 06:39 PM
Improved Initative = yes.
Toughness = no :smallmad::smallmad::smallmad:
Imp. Toughness = not worth it. HP are irrelevant really. You have miss chance, flight, summons and polymorph.

Whisper Gnome is a top choice for a Wizard, so be happy for plot I guess. What I suggest:

Conjurer 2 / Master Conjurer 3 / Incantatrix 1 (if you can get your DM to allow it)

Take the Abrupt Jaunt ACF from PHBII along with the one to swap Scribe Scroll for Improved Initiative.

Spell selection varies greatly based on what kind of Wizard you wan to run. There are some pretty nifty spells you can't go without though.

Check this character sheet (http://www.enworld.org/forum/5209112-post2.html) of mine, made for this exact build I outlined. Get your inspriation from there. Feel free to ignore Incantatrix and the pimped out Enervation, those are frowned upon to put it mildly.

For the spells, add the Alter Self/Polymorph line, Silent/Major Image line and other assorted goodies to taste.