PDA

View Full Version : The Grey

Dvil
2012-02-15, 07:52 PM
So, I just got back from watching Liam Neeson's latest film The Grey, and I have to say I absolutely loved it! I thought the pacing was great throughout, the action scenes and quiet scenes both did their jobs exceptionally well, and the ending - though not what I expected - was amazing.

Anyone else seen it or thinking of it? If you have seen it, what did you think? If you're thinking about it, I heartily recommend you do.

Liffguard
2012-02-16, 08:38 AM
Thought it was pretty good though not without it's flaws. I don't think the whole "monster movie" aspect of it with the wolves actually worked all that well. I think it would have been better as a straight survival drama of men against the elements, maybe including the wolves in a reduced role as one problem amongst many. That said, the ending was badass. I'm pretty disappointed there wasn't a post-credits scene where Liam Neeson struts into town wearing his new wolfskin coat though.

Avilan the Grey
2012-02-16, 08:43 AM
I have enough problems with wolves being willified as it is, I am not terribly excited by this movie.

ThePhantasm
2012-02-16, 09:00 AM
I was disappointed with the abrupt ending, especially after how that particular scene was so hyped up in the trailers.