PDA

View Full Version : need a good semi-cursed Item

Phaederkiel
2012-02-15, 09:25 PM
A few of you might remember, I pitted my party against a ghost.
Now that ghost is somewhat special. He was lawful-stupid in his lifetime, but death brought perspektive.

Hook: "Rules are important. Doesn't mean they ain't funny."

Since my guys defeated him on hard mode, he gifted them richly. Well, two of them. Since we rotate the dm, one of the characters is mine, and I was reluctant to give him something. Which my players complained about.

So the ghost promised to ask around in the neighbouring graves, if someone has something nice...

So I want to ask you, playgrounders, if you can once again help me:

I need an Item which is of use to a lvl 3 rogue / lvl 8 factotum / lvl 1 swordsage. Can be worth up to 15 000 (but can be cheap, if it fits). No weapon, he has a relic that is somewhat jelous. Best be if the thing is somewhat annoying / weird / slightly cursed. Best be if it comes straight from a official book.

The character severly lacks an +int Item, but i think that an headband of intellect would just be bland.

for Example the ghost thinks that a helmet that makes you grow horns (i made it cursed, it cannot be unequipped) is the hoot of the century.

Medic!
2012-02-15, 11:06 PM
You could take the easy way out and give him a Talisman of Zagy (DMG p. 280). Has the potential to be great, has the potential to be hillarious, and despite being an artifact, it's really not a game-smasher at all. Push come to shove you could use the wish(es) it may or may not grant for some inherant +int. Or it could accidentally grant unintended wishes for hillarity's sake. The trap-warning feature is useful, and worst case scenario, it becomes nothing but dead weight. No strict value is attached to it since it's an artifact, but it leaves behind 10k gp when it finally poofs.

Feralventas
2012-02-15, 11:29 PM
Give him a handful of teeth.

Teeth of Dahlver-Nar, to be specific. Go check out the Tome of Magic. Each tooth has a specific ability, and you can customize them based on what you figure ought to be fitting if you don't find a specific one or three to your liking.

In order to use any of the Teeth, the user must knock out one of their own and replace it with the item in question. Removing the item later does not re-grow the tooth, and they have a bit of an odd appearance of their own.