View Full Version : PbP DM Questions

LittleCarp04
2012-02-16, 05:00 PM
What kind of stuff do you guys use to make the battle maps and such for games? Ive been searchign for something thats pretty easy to use, just a simple grid, I dont need a crapton of options to display like all different types of terrain and such, unless something pretty simple to use supports something like that...

Drothmal
2012-02-17, 01:51 AM
I use inskape, which you can download for free. It will take you 5' to make a battle grid that you can then copy to other battle documents.

After that, you can easily make templates for areas of effect or obstacles

Finally, you find a website that let's you upload images (I use tinypick.com). And you are good to go

Here's an example post of a game I'm DMing (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12661380&postcount=430)

Silva Stormrage
2012-02-17, 02:56 AM
Another way is creating a google doc add a table and then giving the other players the ability to modify it, makes it slightly easier for their movement.

stack
2012-02-17, 08:23 AM
I use dungeongrapher, exported to and image file and hosted on photobucket. Seems to work.

For unsolicited advice: pacing, pacing, pacing. Speed is life. Make sure your players can post frequently or the game is dead.