PDA

View Full Version : Realms of Lostmagic(IC)

bloodtide
2012-02-16, 08:27 PM
A tiny bright yellow dragon, only about two feet long Flies over to each of you. It flaps around for several seconds until it is able to drop a small rolled up scroll in or at least on top of each of your left hands. Then the dragon explodes in a slight pop and leaves nothing but a small pile of yellow sand from where it once was hovering.

The scroll is made of solid gold, though pounded very, very thin to only the thickness of paper. The scroll reads:
Dear, gentile being
A great magic has been set loose upon the Realms. I find myself unable to handle this take myself, so I humbly ask for your help. I am Florminardaahara, a dragon of song and lore. Though we have never met, my divinations into the weave have brought you to my attention. I hope that I can count on your aid in this matter. I do not wish to put many details of this down, but will explain all once you arrive here. If you are willing and able, simply destroy this scroll in any fire. Upon the scrolls melting the flames will form a portal that leads to my location. I look to the stars and hop to see you soon.

The OOC Thread can be found here:OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12734937#post12734937)

DrK
2012-02-17, 02:22 AM
Altharos

THe elf's slightly lozenge shaped eyes watched the small dragon vanish with a slight smile. Before he gracefull turned to face his companion Kirolos "An artful use of magic would you not say?"

Then looking back to the message as he sat in the flickering light of the campfire out in the wilds of Faerun he will read it carefully. "It seems an intriguiing proposition does it not?" he muses, the strange grumbling words of draconic natural on the elven mages's lips.

"Armourous Lockus"- the words spoken summoning a glimmering suit of magical force that hovers for a second before settling into the elf's soft pale skin.

"Shall we go then?" he asks the other apprentice before muttering another word of power "Ignis" as the fire burns brighter and hotter he moves to toss the scroll in

Timeless
2012-02-17, 10:44 PM
Kneeling down Kirolos runs his hand through the sand for a second before standing and opening the scroll.

"A interesting form of portal magic certainly. And not one I have seen before, though I suspect it is not easy to arrange." Kirolos responds as he reads the last line of the scroll.

Standing back up Kirolos rolls the scroll back up and fastens it before he steps beyond the circle of light and stares up into the sky silently as Altharos channels power into the flames.

"I am sure this is not what Idril intended but you certainly seem keen to go so we can go if you insist"

Giving a snort he continues "Afterall I am sure if she meant us harm we could well be much like that pile of sand now"

Baveboi
2012-02-18, 03:19 PM
"Business as usual, I see. Business everyday is only good for me." he handles the scroll with a glint on his dark eyes.
It would be a waste in business to burn something so beautifully made, but what would it be to not accept this offer? A smirk appeared on his lips.

Rolland took his time to sit down on the ground and, with one of his daggers, he used the flint to sparkle a fire for his lamp. When the flame was built up and healthy, feeding from the oil, he placed the scroll inside to burn and quickly threw it in front of him. The light that came from the magic startled his pony and the creature turned around to run in fear but fell to the ground with a loud sound. The cart full of wares that was strapped to the animal didn't fall with it. Rolland smiled again turning tail on the portal to collect two daggers, one from the ground and one from the equine's mouth. He cleaned the blood in the inside of his sleeve. Back to the portal he wielded the Lamp in front of him, it's flame giving little light in the middle of the day, but he didn't know what would he need after crossing over. "This man always said better ready than sorry, yes?

One step through and he disappeared, leaving only a cart full of fish and dead pony behind.

bloodtide
2012-02-20, 09:29 PM
You each are whisked through nothingness for a couple seconds, before you finally come back to reality. You find yourselves in a large building...somewhere else. The building looks to be made of mostly bright white marble with bit of gray here and there. The room is circular, with a large dome over head. The dome has several glassless windows that you can see a dark star filled sky. Several hallways lead out from this room in several directions. Around the edges of the room are several statues made of various materials inter-spaced with other forms of artwork.

Directly in front of where you appear stand two beings. The first is a six foot tall elven humanoid female with a mix of gray and white skin. She has dark silver hair and dark blue eyes that glow with a tiny bit of light. She is wearing very little other then a simple white robe. The other is a five foot tall elven female with pure white skin with slight tints of blue. She has dark black hair, and dark blue eyes. She has on a quite complex outfit made of several overlapping layers of cloth.

"Well met, gentile beings, I am Florminardaahara. I'm pleased to see that you both got my message and have decided to come here. Welcome to the High Citadel of Loresong. I hope that you will all be willing and able to help us out."

DrK
2012-02-21, 02:04 AM
Altharos steadies himself as he steps out the blackness before noting the two awaiting slightly odd looking "elves".

Know [Arcana] [roll0]

"Your message displayed an appreciaton of the Art. We are curious to learn, and to help dpeneding on the venture. I am Altharos of Evermeet."

bloodtide
2012-02-21, 01:39 PM
Altharos

Know [Arcana] (1d20+15)[25]:Florminardaahara, the taller elf-like being, definitely does not look like a natural born pure elf. She could be mixed with some other life form or possibly be shapeshifted into an elf like shape. The shorter elf female looks much more like a natural born elf, though she still has a touch of something else to her as well.

Baveboi
2012-02-22, 11:29 PM
Rolland stood breathless for a while after confronted with so many elves all of once. He didn't like the contact he had made with the fair race the few times he ventured inside their territory be it to do business or just to pass trough. What of all, they are all wizards and witches, none to be trusted the slightest. He listens to the one who supposedly summoned him, something of power at the very least and someone not to be slightly weighted in the dealings to be had and yet a business opportunity like none other.

"Willing and able to help- he quotes -for a price, yes?" And displays his trademark salesman smile.

bloodtide
2012-02-24, 02:26 PM
Florminardaahara, looking over at Rolland, "Of course knowledge and power are it's own rewards. But we does understand and respect each members right to add to their hoard.

DrK
2012-02-25, 01:59 AM
Altharos nods at the word hoard adding to his suspicions about these elves. "While we speak here will you honour us with your true forms? It seems only fair that we should know each other for who we really are."

bloodtide
2012-02-27, 12:41 AM
Florminardaahara "I don't mean to hide anything. My true form is that of a dragon, a song dragon or weredragon, if you wish. My elven form is much more comfortable to conversations and interactions with humanoids. Isil Pallanén, next to me is a natural born elf, though she does have a bit otherworldy blood in her veins.''

DrK
2012-02-27, 02:03 AM
THe golden haired elf laughs and nods in agreement. "I can well imagine that your true form may be a little large for this room. Though," he admits "I would be curious to see your true from and the majesty that it contains".

"Our interest lies in what you need our help to do?"

bloodtide
2012-02-28, 01:18 AM
Florminardaahara"Yes, we do need your help. The help of all of you. We are the Heralds of the Lost, one of the groups that operates here from the High Citadel of Loresong. We attempt to contain and control information, secrets, magic and other such important things. The Realms are filled with all sorts of such things. Many things that are too dangerous or just too unwise to remain at large. A simple magical item, such as a soul drinking sword or a font of healing, can cause much havoc in the wrong hands. So that is why we are here. We find such information, items or other such things and bring them here for safekeeping. Then when the time and place are right, we reintroduce them into the Realms.

"We generally sent out small groups to not draw too much attention. Very often, much like I have done here, we try to put together small random groups. It helps keep things out of the broadsheets. We would hope that you'd look around, complete a task or two and if your willing join up."

"Our immediate concern is the circlet of Keler'Alerith. An elven item of great power from Siluvanede. It was recovered from a tomb a ride ago and has been causing havoc ever sense. We dispatched a group almost immediately, of course. But we lost all contact with them, and we can only assume that they are dead or worse. And that is why I called you all here."

bloodtide
2012-03-03, 02:54 AM
Florminardaahara forms a small ball of sliver light that is covered with runes and slowly reads as the sphere slowly turns. Form time to time she looks over at you all to see if you have any reaction or say anything.

DrK
2012-03-03, 01:37 PM
At mention of an Elven circlet the wizard's eyes are immediatly raised and interested. "I am of course intersted. Although what would you do with such an item? Hoard it yoursefl or allow us to return it to Evermeet to find its true owner?"

He waits for answer before continuig "Please tell me as much as you can about it and where it was last seen. Then I will see if its in my power to help."

Baveboi
2012-03-03, 01:43 PM
Rolland Craft is a simple individual, but by no means one of meager intellect. He stood motionless like a puma, as if his entire mind was a coiled spring ready to fire, but the trigger wasn't ready yet. He let the elf go before him and voice his own concerns, which only added to his momentary tensing. Again his gaze lies in the wyrm turned elven, searching him for indices of deceit and falsity.

I will roll sense motive, just to be sure. [roll0] +8 for a total of 23. Not bad. He is also checking for any sign of mind-effecting effects. In case his mind feels slightly different in any way he will be very much *unfriendly*.

When his eyes meets with Florminardaahara's he opens a smile, that same tradesmen smile. "Honesty is a privilege among those of the trade, yes, so I will reward your highship for this opportunity with the only treasure I carry; my word. So I give you my word that I will play openly with you, yes? To demonstrate my dedication towards our business I will reveal one question that should pose you much pondering, yes. What impedes *us*, the hired help, from taking your artifact for ourselves?"

bloodtide
2012-03-13, 12:41 AM
Florminardaahara looks at Altharos"Well, we don't exactly do either. We don't horde items here, but at the same time we don't just want them out there to randomly cause havoc. It most cases we look for a good, suitable welder for the item and then get it to them. In the case of a centuries old item like the Circlet of Keler'Alerith I doubt any elf alive today would have any direct claim on it. But even if they did, we would not just give it to a person just as they had some sort of claim on it such as a family member created it. It would depend on if that individual was right for the item."

Florminardaahara looks to Rolland Craft "Well, nothing real stops you from taking an item and running. But, of course, we would simply come after you the same way would anyone else not right to wield an item.

Florminardaahara looks back to Altharos "We don't have many facts about the Circlet of Keler'Alerith. It's mentioned in old songs, stories and legends, but few of them have hard details. So as to what it's exact powers are is a mystery. One song says it can create ray of bone numbing cold, another song says it can call down fiery rocks from the sky. Are both songs true or both false or is only one true, we have no idea. As to where it was last seen. Our last ping puts it at the edge of the Desertsmouth Mountains. The group we sent there last message before we lost contact mentioned that a tribe of goblins, the Sand Teeth, had the item. That was six days ago, however. And we have not had a direct ping from the item or heard any word from our group. Our divination do tell us that it has not moved much in the last couple days, so it's in the same general area it has been in for that last week. "

DrK
2012-03-13, 02:01 PM
The elf looks to the others. this tribe sounds like a good starting point. If you can transport ts there we can begin our investigations.

HE looks around to others in search of agreement or dissaproval.