PDA

View Full Version : Sunken Citadel Campaign Log!

Pricewashere
2012-02-16, 10:54 PM
I am dm'ing a new campaign of Sunken Citadel, and I think adventure logs are so fun to read, why not write my own? :smallbiggrin:

My players, their names, and all that good stuff:

Tree, Theraga aka Tree (more on that later), Gnome ranger level 1, Chaotic Good, Female. No deity

Jared, Lyman Vander Mote, Dwarf Cleric of Pelor level 1, Neutral good, Male.

Sammy, Abstract Of the Twiglings (More on that later), Crayolon Spell to power Erudite (StPE for simplicity) level one, Chaotic good. Male. No deity.

For simplicity on my sake, I will be using their actual names, forgive me for any confusion.

As you can surely tell, Sammy is really the only one that partakes in an event called internet, for people that don't know what a StPE is, it's pretty much a psionic wizard from The Mind's eye. His race is called a Crayolon, I thought they looked a little dumb (From the picture in original post) so I just told him that he looks like a half elf that has bright colorful eyes, and strage colored hair, but that is besides the point.
(Link to Crayolon Page http://bit.ly/yZ5hm6)

Background
In this campaign, it is situated in a town called Oakhearth, which is near a ravine, it is about the winter solstice and every solstice (Summer and Winter) goblins come from the ravine with either a albino fruit during winter, and a beautiful red fruit during the summer, which are both magical (Summer one heals, winter one kills). Recently there has been some strange happenings, because whenever they plant the seeds from the apples, the saplings are stolen (Or so it seems) Sammy's motivation in this is sheer intrest to find out what is happening and to help the people of his town, Jared's is to find Sir Bradford who went into the ravine with a holy artifact, and a group of adventurers, and has never returned. Tree's motivation is just to help Jared, they have known eachother for a while.

In the begining, I avoided the one crucial mistake of all dm's, it was NOT started in a tavern! My descriptions and all that were of when the party met eachother for the first time in a small town of oakhearth, in which Sammy lived.

Once they met, they all went to the most original place ever: A Tavern, it seems like my tavern-y fate has been met. Sammy and Jared conversed about eachother for a while, figuring out who they are and doing a good amount of role playing. While Tree went looking out for rumors. When she got back she told them that the mayor might know something about attacks that have been happening.

They went to the mayor who said that if you go about 250 meters away from the city the creatures start attacking. So they left and talked about it for a while and came to the decision of going out during night, using jared as bait, and killing some to see what they are.

So they go outside of the town (Still completely disrgarding the ravine:smallannoyed: but really good role playing, which makes me happy) and Tree has the good idea to climb into a tree, and after a first failure, she climbed up with Jared's help. So they waited until nightfall and then the combat began!

So I rolled a d6 to see how many enemies it would be, I landed on 6, but I thought that would be too tough for them, so I knocked it down to four, then Sammy said "Only four" or something of that nature so I said "F*** you I do what I want" (as a south park reference) and ended with 5. So we roll for initiative, Tree goes first, then the monsters, then Sammy, then Jared.

The monsters (Called twig blights, or twiglings for my party) only Tree could clearly see, they looked like animated saplings that looked about 3.5 feet tall and were not extremely menacing looking. So combat began, Tree shot at one of the twiglings and did 3 damage and I forgot to subtract half for being wooden, but it doesn't really matter. The enemies, not being very smart tried to attack Jared, but Jared got Attack of opportunities and on the first hit rolled a six (Using a mace) and killed one. Then Sammy tried to cast a fireball, and failed its touch attack AC.

Tree shot again, and missed.
The twiglings attacked and did some damage, one tried to attack Sammy, and hit, and their poison did the 1d2 extra which is always nice. Another Attack of oppertunitiy for Jared, and tried to hit Jared and failed.
Sammy tried another fireball, missed again.
Jared smashed another one to pieces.

So this went on for a few rounds, without tree hitting, nor Sammy hitting anything, but Jared continued one-hitting all of the 4 hit point average twiglings.

Sammy once yelled at the rest of the team to tell them something, a good idea, but the keyword here is yelled. So naturally another one of the twiglings "heard" him so I added another one in that was going to attack him, but I made him the runt of the group (3 hp) so Sammy fireballed him, actually hit him and did 1 damage :smalltongue: and since he is a hardcore crafter his melee weapon is a carving knife, so I started calling it a spoon, because it was just so insignificant and the least lethal of dining implements, and he killed it! (damage for the "Spoon" was 1d2) just something to know by the way, because knowing Sammy, the "spoon" isn't going away.

So after the combat was done, there was one left, it looked a little big bigger than the rest (had 6 from the 1d6+1 hp) and he grappled it easily and suceeded in 3 more grapple checks so I disregarded them over the while. But what Sammy wanted to do is knock it out and since it is technically a construct it won't regain hit points and wake up until they force it to wake up, so he wants to paint it, and make it his familliar.

At that point I was just thinking "Let me get this straight, you want to take a construct... and train it..." So I asked him and he confirmed it, so they took it home and went to sleep at Sammy's house because he has lived there long enough for it to be viable for him to own a house.

So generally, little Sunless Citadel progress, but Role playing, and knowledge progress are fantastic, this will without a doubt be a interesting campaign.

Also, sorry for any grammatical, Spelling, punctuation etc. problems i'm bad at writing things without having too many ideas to make since (I know I spelled that wrong), sorry.

Shadow Lord
2012-02-17, 07:15 AM
This is the wrong forum for this log; try the D&D 3.5 subforum in Roleplaying Games.

Also, you didn't mention the Spoon o' Doom!

Vaynor
2012-02-17, 05:56 PM
The Red Towel: Moved to D&D 3.5.

Pricewashere
2012-02-17, 07:08 PM
Edit: Mentioned spoon of doom, and some minor spelling errors.