PDA

View Full Version : Aura question

Fineous Orlon
2012-02-17, 01:48 AM
The Dragon Shaman and Marshall both seem like interesting ideas without any real oomph or follow-through to them.

So, my question is, literally, WAS there any follow-through for either?

Specifically, were there any theurge classes [something like a Sorceror/ Marshall, etc] or feats [comparable to the Swash/ Rogue feat Daring Outlaw] that would let one do something else while doing DSham or Marshall sorts of things in an OK fashion?

Igneel
2012-02-17, 01:56 AM
Only follow through that comes to mind is from the Dragon Magic book which gives some additional Draconic Auras, a PrC that has some auras, and a couple of feats for draconic auras. Besides that, nothing comes to mind.

hex0
2012-02-17, 07:32 PM
Specifically, were there any theurge classes [something like a Sorceror/ Marshall, etc] or feats [comparable to the Swash/ Rogue feat Daring Outlaw] that would let one do something else while doing DSham or Marshall sorts of things in an OK fashion?

Although since Warlocks have the special rule that lets them use +Arcane PRCs to boost their class features, you could stretch that to advance Auras instead.

Thurbane
2012-02-17, 07:47 PM
The only PrCs that advance existing auras (AFAIK) are the Mythic Exemplar (CC); and both the Legacy Champion (WoL) and Uncanny Trickster (CS) by virtue of adding "+1 level of existing class features".

The Dragon Lord PrC (DM) has it's own aura progression, and by RAW, I don't believe it stacks with existing auras - but it wouldn't be a huge stretch for a DM to houserule it.

Auras did get a little support in the way of items in the MIC, and a feat or two: Dilate Aura (FC2) and Double Draconic Aura (DM).

Tyger
2012-02-17, 09:36 PM
The only PrCs that advance existing auras (AFAIK) are the Mythic Exemplar (CC); and both the Legacy Champion (WoL) and Uncanny Trickster (CS) by virtue of adding "+1 level of existing class features".

The Dragon Lord PrC (DM) has it's own aura progression, and by RAW, I don't believe it stacks with existing auras - but it would be a stretch for a DM to houserule it.

Auras did get a little support in the way of items in the MIC, and a feat or two: Dilate Aura (FC2) and Double Draconic Aura (DM).

What items??? I would love to know more about this, with my Draconic Aura bard.

Thurbane
2012-02-17, 09:48 PM
What items??? I would love to know more about this, with my Draconic Aura bard.
Sorry, I should have been more specific - the only aura affecting items I know of in MIC are all Marshal specific: Rearguard's Cape , Helm of Tactics, and Horn of Resilience. A lenient DM might rule them to work with draconic auras.