PDA

View Full Version : Iron Will or Endurance as a bonus feat? 1 level dip?

Hitaro9
2012-02-17, 03:09 PM
Hey. Oddly specific, but I need a prestige class I can dip into that grants either Endurance or Iron Will as a bonus feat. Thanks for any help. =p

Dusk Eclipse
2012-02-17, 03:20 PM
For iron Will there is always the Otyough Hole in Complete Scoundrel if my memory serves well, which for the low price of 3k GP and two weeks give you the feat.

Endurance I have no idea.

Bakkan
2012-02-17, 03:28 PM
If you're a caster type with at least a +7 Int, 1 level of Loremaster (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/prestigeClasses/loremaster.htm) can get you any bonus feat you want.

If by some strange chance you had already chosen Skill Focus(Diplomacy) as a feat, then a single level of Marshal (base class) can get you any other feat.

There might be some PrC's in Sandstorm that get Endurance, let me check.

Update Nope, a bunch of them get Heat Endurance, which unfortunately does not count as Endurance.

jmelesky
2012-02-17, 03:36 PM
If Pathfinder material is available, the Unbreakable (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/fighter/archetypes/paizo---fighter-archetypes/unbreakable) fighter archetype gives both Endurance and Diehard as bonus feats at level 1. It's not a prestige class, either, so you don't have to worry about prereqs.

Greenish
2012-02-17, 03:38 PM
For feats, it's traditional to dip into fighter. Specifically, Dragon #310 fighter variants, in this case. Bodyguard and Commander can pick Iron Will as a bonus feat, while Survivalist can grab Endurance.

Hitaro9
2012-02-17, 03:42 PM
Well, I kind of need it to be a prestige class, as I don't want to take the -20% exp restriction.

Thanks for the Loremaster recommendation, but unfortuneately, I'm playing a monk build, not spellcaster. =(

Tyndmyr
2012-02-17, 03:50 PM
Well, I kind of need it to be a prestige class, as I don't want to take the -20% exp restriction.

Thanks for the Loremaster recommendation, but unfortuneately, I'm playing a monk build, not spellcaster. =(

Be aware that racial class does not count against you for xp restriction...what race are you playing?

Hitaro9
2012-02-17, 03:57 PM
Changling, which if I remember correctly, is rogue?

Seerow
2012-02-17, 03:58 PM
Changling, which if I remember correctly, is rogue?

Dip into feat rogue then? Just like Fighter, but more skill points and no BAB.

TroubleBrewing
2012-02-17, 04:45 PM
Feat Rogue is out of UA, in case you weren't sure.

Greenish
2012-02-17, 04:49 PM
Dip into feat rogue then? Just like Fighter, but more skill points and no BAB.Doesn't get the right bonus feats, though.

Seerow
2012-02-17, 04:50 PM
Doesn't get the right bonus feats, though.

Really I thought it got the Fighter bonus feat list. Welp.

Bakkan
2012-02-17, 04:59 PM
It does get the Fighter bonus feat list, but neither Iron Will nor Endurance are Fighter bonus feats.

Greenish
2012-02-17, 05:00 PM
Really I thought it got the Fighter bonus feat list. Welp.Feat rogue gets fighter bonus feats. Iron Will or Endurance aren't fighter bonus feats.

ericgrau
2012-02-17, 05:24 PM
Well one trick if it's not too late is to take a couple of fighter levels, especially if it's your favored class, get combat feats you wanted to get later anyway and then use your regular feats on iron will and endurance. Or dip a PrC for one of those two, blow a regular feat on the other and dip one level of fighter for some combat feat you wanted.

dextercorvia
2012-02-17, 05:32 PM
Knight Protector gets Iron Will, but it requires a bunch of feats that you probably don't already have.

Chameleon 2 gets a floating feat you could put toward either.

Medic!
2012-02-17, 06:09 PM
If Unearthed Arcana is on the table, look at the minor bloodlines. I know the Fey bloodlines get you Iron Will and I'm sure there's one that will give endurance if you'd rather have that, and you get some extra perks as well. With a minor bloodline you'd get the feat, a skill bonus, and an ability score bonus in return for one pseudo-level (nearest I can tell they work like a LA that you buy off as you aquire it/you spend the xp for the level but don't gain the actual level)

Hitaro9
2012-02-17, 10:05 PM
Okay, thanks for all the help guys.