PDA

View Full Version : Celestial Spirit Magic [PF]

ExemplarofAvg
2012-02-17, 07:21 PM
So if you clicked on this thread that means you probably read Fairy Tail, or if you don't it perplexed your interests and you might be able to help me anyways.

So Celestial Spirit Magic is a form of Summoning Magic using Keys (Holder Type magic) to bring forth physical manifestations of various constellations i.e. Taurus, Aquarius, Cancer, Southern Cross, Pendulum Clock, the Harp and Canis Minor; Just to name a few)

Now clearly this is the realm of the Pathfinder Summoner, hands down, the only thing is it is lacking the specifics of how to make the twelve spirits. Now the base problem of how to switch has been discussed in our group with the idea of possessing the Keys and each one allows access to a different celestial spirit.

The only true problem that exists in this plan is how to stat out each of the spirits. They are all a base humanoid shape (for the most part) which is nice. But to figure out what Eidolon would be like less than that well. The Silver Keys will be covered with Summon Monster spells (because it's easier to have more than one active at once)

Gold Keys (Eidolon Forms, Changed with Various Keys)
Aquarius: Aquatic Base, Arms and Magic Water?.
Taurus: Large Humanoid, Martial Weapon Proficiency (Great Axe)
Cancer: Medium Humanoid, Dual-Short Swords
Virgo: Medium Humanoid, Burrow Speed, Slam Attack.
Sagittarius: Medium Humanoid, Bow Proficiency
Leo: Medium Humanoid, Magic Ring of Laser Beam?
Aries: Medium Humanoid, High Defense and HP
Scorpio: Medium Humanoid, Sand Blasting?
Gemini: Two Small Humanoids, Combined Alter Self?
Capricorn: Medium Humanoid, Powers Unknown

Unknown:
Libra
Pisces

Silver Keys: (Summon Monster Spells)
Crux: Cross Construct with High Knowledge checks
Horologorium: Walking Clock, Protection of Sorts
Lyra: Low Level Bard
Canis Minor: Umm, Dog, Bug, Maybe
Caelum: Sword/Laser/Flying Forms
Pyxis: Know Direction Bird

Any Positive Input would be greatly appreciated

ExemplarofAvg
2012-02-17, 11:26 PM
Hmm, does this mean I fairly understand what I'm doing and have figured it out?

Chained Birds
2012-02-18, 05:27 AM
Summoner does fit what you are going for, and maybe you can look into the Astral Construct (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-bestiary/astral-construct). It might give you some ideas on how to work and balance the Celestial Spirits into summon-able characters for a PF setting seeing as they provide levels and what abilities a creature of that level can perform. Though they are a bit lacking, you can probably replace or add stuff to each list based on thematic reasons.
Oh, and you can have each level of Construct by a part of the summon monster line where (Level of Construct X) = (Summon Monster X).
Just throwing that idea out there.

Ex:
Canis Minor (Astral Construct lvl 1)
Summoned via Summon Monster 1
N Small construct
Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, Perception -
DEFENSE

AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (+2 Dex, +5 natural, +1 size)
HP 15 (1d10+10)
Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +0; Immune construct traits
OFFENSE

Speed 30 ft.
Melee slam +4 melee (1d4+3)
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
STATISTICS

Str 15, Dex 15, Con —, Int —, Wis 11, Cha 10
BAB +1, CMB +2; CMD 14
Feats: Mobility
Skills: -
SPECIAL ABILITIES
- None, he just looks adorable is a weird way.
I didn't really make any changes or tweaks to the original lvl 1 stat block other than assigning the Menu A ability "Mobility." It does seem a bit odd for a mascot to be so combative, but you can probably tweak this yourself to suit what you're going for. Probably lower its size to tiny or something...

ExemplarofAvg
2012-02-18, 07:24 AM
Summoner does fit what you are going for, and maybe you can look into the Astral Construct (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-bestiary/astral-construct). It might give you some ideas on how to work and balance the Celestial Spirits into summon-able characters for a PF setting seeing as they provide levels and what abilities a creature of that level can perform. Though they are a bit lacking, you can probably replace or add stuff to each list based on thematic reasons.
Oh, and you can have each level of Construct by a part of the summon monster line where (Level of Construct X) = (Summon Monster X).
Just throwing that idea out there.

Ex:
Canis Minor (Astral Construct lvl 1)
Summoned via Summon Monster 1
N Small construct
Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, Perception -
DEFENSE

AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 16 (+2 Dex, +5 natural, +1 size)
HP 15 (1d10+10)
Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +0; Immune construct traits
OFFENSE

Speed 30 ft.
Melee slam +4 melee (1d4+3)
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
STATISTICS

Str 15, Dex 15, Con —, Int —, Wis 11, Cha 10
BAB +1, CMB +2; CMD 14
Feats: Mobility
Skills: -
SPECIAL ABILITIES
- None, he just looks adorable is a weird way.
I didn't really make any changes or tweaks to the original lvl 1 stat block other than assigning the Menu A ability "Mobility." It does seem a bit odd for a mascot to be so combative, but you can probably tweak this yourself to suit what you're going for. Probably lower its size to tiny or something...

And that is part of the brilliant idea I was missing, thank you, I've been wondering how in the hell was I going to find constructs that were appropriate for some of the spirits. I mean Caelum Sword/Laser/Flight the closest is the Lantern Archon.

Any Eidolon-esque input?