PDA

View Full Version : Other things like Vow of Poverty?

badreferences
2012-02-17, 11:09 PM
Vows, etc. that give direct mechanical bonuses in return for losing something that is dependent on campaign (and items) and fluff.

(Yeah, yeah, VoP is a trap--magic items are amazing and all--and I agree. But I'm not here to argue that it's a good trade, I'm just looking for things like VoP.)

rmg22893
2012-02-17, 11:25 PM
Vows, etc. that give direct mechanical bonuses in return for losing something that is dependent on campaign (and items) and fluff.

(Yeah, yeah, VoP is a trap--magic items are amazing and all--and I agree. But I'm not here to argue that it's a good trade, I'm just looking for things like VoP.)

Is this a repost...? This seems familiar...

BIGMamaSloth
2012-02-17, 11:26 PM
well theres all the other vows in the BoED, right next to Vow of Poverty. Some of them are just kind of roleplay vows, but vow of peace/non-violence can make for interesting characters.

badreferences
2012-02-17, 11:33 PM
Is this a repost...? This seems familiar...

I only have two posts. The last one I mentioned the VoP, but it drowned under the other questions I asked.

Manateee
2012-02-17, 11:58 PM
There are those Elder Evils feats you get for pledging your character to one of the Evils.

Particle_Man
2012-02-18, 01:43 AM
The 3 classes in Magic of Incarnum basically give you class abilities but you have to effectively give up magic item slots to use the relevant abilities. But you can mix and match a bit.

Particle_Man
2012-02-18, 01:46 AM
Technically the fluff of Warlocks seems to be pact-based (either the pc or some ancestor of the pc made a pact).