PDA

View Full Version : Kickstarter Graph in next/a book?

XxXU2XxX
2012-02-18, 03:29 PM
The graph jokes I must admit made me chuckle. What are the odds they'll make it into a book as extra content?

I would be personally all for it, because they are pretty funny for what they are and it'd be nice to reflect back on how we made all of this happen. Well anyways, discuss. If you see this, Rich, totally consider it!

Cazaril
2012-02-18, 04:06 PM
Hm, maybe he'll stick a PDF of them in with the other 8 PDFs that we're getting...

Balain
2012-02-18, 04:06 PM
I highly suspect they will be. In the past books Rich put in the filler comics, old intro page, that sort of thing as extras. I don't see the graphs as being any different.

MyNameIsSecret
2012-02-18, 04:49 PM
Yeah, but they're so tall they wouldn't fit onto one page, and would just take up too much space.

Chess Tyrant
2012-02-18, 04:55 PM
Plus, they're so tall they wouldn't fit onto one page, and would just take up too much space.

Yeah, I'm not sure I'm interested in seeing 10-20 pages of a <200-page book filled by money charts. I wouldn't mind them still being accessible as a PDF or something, though. (Will the Kickstarter page be shut down after the drive ends?)

MyNameIsSecret
2012-02-18, 04:57 PM
(Will the Kickstarter page be shut down after the drive ends?)

No, not for a while at least. Past successful drives are still available to be seen, but I have no idea for how long.

NerfTW
2012-02-18, 05:47 PM
Putting them on the site, maybe. But there's far too many of them to be filler in a book. I'd rather have something new than the rather short graph jokes. Filler is usually something small that fills in a space that would otherwise be blank, not 22 (Yeah, I counted) graphs spread over 20 pages. (the first few can be doubled up)

A few pages adds little to the price, as books usually require X number of pages, and there's almost always going to be 1-3 pages available. 22, however, is pretty much it's own separate book at that point.

GrlumpTheElder
2012-02-18, 05:48 PM
I, for one, hope they are at least put in the Incentive Comics section online, just for posterity.

Lord Torath
2012-02-18, 07:04 PM
I, personally, have just been saving the images to my hard drive.

I must say, I think the charts are part of the reason for the success of the drive. Being able to see how far you've come is really cool!

MyNameIsSecret
2012-02-18, 09:04 PM
I, for one, hope they are at least put in the Incentive Comics section online, just for posterity.

I agree - that would probably be the best place to put them.