PDA

View Full Version : Insta-Clone+Invisibility?

Rossebay
2012-02-18, 10:58 PM
I need a maneuver/stance/probably a spell that makes a faux me, crumpled on the floor dead, and makes me invisible. Imagine some big dude swings at me, boom ,invisible, and he hits my clone. Clone dies, he's off guard.

Copypasta'd, from him.

Any ideas? We're level 5.

Flickerdart
2012-02-18, 11:14 PM
There is Mislead (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/mislead.htm), after which you can direct the illusory duplicate to pretend it's dead if it's attacked.

Rossebay
2012-02-18, 11:21 PM
Another thing we thought of is Trickster Spellthief 2/Swashbuckler 3/Horselord Barbarian 1.

Ready an action to cast Silent Image and Swift Invisibility when hit, and do so. Or just before. Something like that.

Also allows for int and dex to damage (via Martial Study and Shadow Blade), and Pounce, all while boosting Dex and Con from Battle Ecstasy and giving him some DR.

deuxhero
2012-02-18, 11:29 PM
Doesn't Flee the Scenes (Warlock) do this?

Big Fau
2012-02-18, 11:33 PM
There's a Monk ACF in Exemplars of Evil that lets you fake being dead (why it takes an ACF to do what a good Bluff check does is beyond me), and another that lets you turn Invisible at will. Combining the two should do something.

It does, but it's a Standard action to cast. Not exactly instant.

Rossebay
2012-02-18, 11:35 PM

How many levels in Warlock would that require, though?

2xMachina
2012-02-18, 11:40 PM
Contingency + Mislead?

I think Flee the Scene is Lesser Invocation, which you access at lvl 6

Rossebay
2012-02-18, 11:41 PM
Contingency + Mislead?

I think Flee the Scene is Lesser Invocation, which you access at lvl 6

Oh. Well, that's not happening.

deuxhero
2012-02-18, 11:43 PM
There's a Monk ACF in Exemplars of Evil that lets you fake being dead (why it takes an ACF to do what a good Bluff check does is beyond me), and another that lets you turn Invisible at will. Combining the two should do something.

I think you anwsered your own question.

Flickerdart
2012-02-18, 11:44 PM
Another thing we thought of is Trickster Spellthief 2/Swashbuckler 3/Horselord Barbarian 1.

Ready an action to cast Silent Image and Swift Invisibility when hit, and do so. Or just before. Something like that.

Also allows for int and dex to damage (via Martial Study and Shadow Blade), and Pounce, all while boosting Dex and Con from Battle Ecstasy and giving him some DR.
You cannot ready a swift action, nor ready two actions. It is a standard action to ready, and you may ready a standard, move or free action.

Rossebay
2012-02-19, 12:03 AM
You cannot ready a swift action, nor ready two actions. It is a standard action to ready, and you may ready a standard, move or free action.

Ah, shoot. Well, there goes that plan.

Mystify
2012-02-19, 10:25 AM

Is it really intended that you cannot ready a swift, or is it just because the readying rules where written before swift actions? I find it very odd that you wouldn't be able to ready a swift, and can think of no reason it should work that way.