PDA

View Full Version : Drowned Eberron Group B

Aergoth
2012-02-18, 11:55 PM
The sun sets on another day as the Lyrandar's Revenge slides into port. The sea is ablaze as it seems to drown the sun behind you.

As far as "settlements" go, Aechwin's Rest isn't much of one. Half of it is suspended with old rigging between decrepit or converted ships all anchored to a tiny island that the residents use to grow a meagre crop.

It's a decent place to stop, however, and with the planned sailing tomorrow it's considered for the best if everyone can get a decent night's rest. There's work to be done and the captain wants everyone alert.

Most of all, it's a chance to stretch some legs and let the crew spend time apart from the rest of itself. Even in the most amicable of cases spending weeks in a confined space with the same people can turn sour. The crew ties off the ship, and the Revenge settles in for the night.

Hazuki
2012-02-19, 09:11 AM
A tall woman with skin like night stands against the deck, her back resting beside the boarding plank which the crew would use to enter Aechwin's rest. The burning sun shimmered from the water and across her colorless eyes, which didn't rest, watching the ship and listening to its creaks against the water. One hand rests against the handle of a dangerous weapon tied against her hip; hanging heavy metal that could easily crack a few skulls.

Mekh adjusts the front of her hat with the tip of a finger while she waits. She hadn't wanted to leave the Captain alone to the dangers of mutiny or people wanting a ship and a crew, but the Captain had insisted. And she had to settle with the Captain knowing what the Captain was doing. So she had decided to wait for Sky before leaving the Lyrandar's Revenge. She wasn't going to let him cause trouble.

Eshkigal
2012-02-19, 02:38 PM
The crow's nest is less moody as a small, rusty, dinged up warforged hops out and slides down a rope set at the far end of the mast, landing near Mekh lightly.
"'Sup, young'un. What's got you looking irritated, Mekh?"

Nihilarian
2012-02-19, 02:41 PM
A broad woman of short stature pauses as she moves towards the gangplank. Even in the fading light, her tattoos stood stark; almost seeming more real than she was. She smiles at Mekh, and greets her, "Reluctant to part with the ship, Jar'akh'haga?" She shakes her head slightly, sending her single, elaborate blonde braid over her shoulder. "We all need to rest, and the Revenge is no different. Or is there something else on your mind?"

Saga blinks at Neph. She seems somewhat disconcerted from their efforts to talk at the same time.

Hazuki
2012-02-19, 02:53 PM
Mekh nods in greeting to the rope-swinging warforged, but supresses her knee-jerk reaction to jerk her knee at people suddenly landing beside her. She smiles as the dwarf joins her too; she always had thought tattoos were beautiful, but she could give herself as many as she wanted anyway. "Reluctant to leave the Captain on his own, and the same with Sky."

"It is my job, you know. I'll be safe to leave once I'm sure Sky is in my sight." She chuckles lightly to herself; imagining the destruction one could easily cause to this shoddily-made port. "What be your plans for port?" She asks, turning her gaze over them again.

Nihilarian
2012-02-19, 03:01 PM
"Eventually, I wish to put my feet up somewhere," She pauses and looks down at her stubby legs, "Metaphorically. But first I'd like to see the quality of the artists in this area, and perhaps purchase some spells."

Eshkigal
2012-02-19, 03:12 PM
He has the sense of mind to wait for Saga to go first this time, mouthing a silent apology to the dwarf. Kind of strange how he does that without facial muscles or the proper facial structure to do so.
"Just gonna see if I can't find some scrap metal or wood in case of emergency repairs, then back to lighting the way to the ship for me."

Jopustopin
2012-02-19, 06:39 PM
On a normal day you'd find Sky wearing a t-shirt and a pair of pants. Today however you find Sky wearing pretty much everything he owns: Studded Leather armor, Knife Vest filled with daggers, Heavy Crossbow slung around his neck with the bolts attached to his belt, and backpack on his back. He walks up to Mehk as if nothing unusual is going on. Sky seems to be in a good mood.

Giddon
2012-02-19, 08:57 PM
As Per hears the footsteps heading towards the boarding plank, he quickly closes off the books he was studying from previous savages and puts them aside. He sighs as he has to depart from his nice little desk below deck. Before he does he looks over one last time at the collection of recovered items, specially the books and parchments, and then heads towards the stairs.

Above deck emerges a particularly bulky human, not too tall, not too short. His bright tanned face is refreshed to have the breeze touch it again. He then walks towards the boarding plank looking up to face his companions. "Well another days work done, see you all around or tomorrow", and with a small wave he walks by towards the port.

Hazuki
2012-02-19, 10:38 PM
Mekh looks to the wizard as she sees Sky approaching, looking down at her with an apologetic smile. "Aechwin's Rest doesn't have anybody you could get spells from, I'm'fraid. They're poorer than my right boot." She says, lifting up her leg to look at the fine leather boot laced with gossamer threads on her legs and laughs to herself again, proudly. "With luck, we might be able to find somewhere to stay, but I think all the wood is being used, Neph."

She gives a passing wave to the tanned man passing by her, turning her gaze to Sky. "You took your time. Planning a daytrip?" She asks, gesturing to the armory strapped to the normally less-equipped man.

Jopustopin
2012-02-19, 11:47 PM
Sky looks at the setting sun and back at Mehk. His face shows clear disgust at the idea. "Day trip? I hope we ain't stayin' on this bhahhun'g gran island any longer than sunrise."

ooc

Too bad none of you speak orcish.

Nihilarian
2012-02-20, 02:54 PM
Saga sighs. "Truth be told, I did not expect them to. At the best of times spells are difficult to come by. Rest easy, Jar'akh'haga. Rest easy, all." The last addressed to the others, Saga departs the ship. She doggedly attempts to find an artist in the area in the hopes of comparing notes.

[roll0] - Gather Information.

Hazuki
2012-02-20, 03:55 PM
"I was referencing the armory you've seen fit to wear." Mekh tells Sky, her voice dry as it could get as she hops over the side of the ship to land on the boarding ramp. "Have a good time of it, Saga. I'll be lookin' for a place to relax." The changeling tells the dwarf, strolling down the ramp with a sure stride.

Mekh will go looking for a tavern or inn of some sort.

Eshkigal
2012-02-20, 05:35 PM
He nods in acknowledgement to Per. That one never was much for talking...
"Easiest way to avoid trouble is to not look like you're lookin' for some, ye know. 'Sides, extra gear means extra things that can get caught or nicked."
He gestures to his own belt and back. On it, he only has his trusty hook to defend himself with.
"One of the things I learned back in the day, lad. Take a couple choice weapons whenever you go off duty, the rest is easy enough to find in an urban area or encampment if you look."
He tips his head to Mekh and Saga.
"Enjoy, lasses!"

Jopustopin
2012-02-21, 03:53 AM
Sky looks at the small warforged incredulously while it speaks to him which slowly changes to a look that indicates that Sky believes the warforged is mentally damaged. Sky shakes his head at the warforged, hops over the side of the ship and catches up to Mehk.

Eshkigal
2012-02-22, 12:10 PM
With a shrug, Neph departs and heads into town, looking for a trading post of any sort.

Aergoth
2012-02-25, 04:44 PM
Anyone looking for a shop will find a small ship half sunk into the mud with a sign indicating that they trade in scrap and other goods.

Nihilarian
2012-02-26, 09:01 AM
Saga decides it's time to find somewhere to rest for the night, and will look around for an inn or somewhere similar.

Eshkigal
2012-02-26, 10:04 PM
Neph walks in, looking about.
"Hello, mate. Had any recent traders come through?"

Aergoth
2012-03-01, 09:45 AM
@Nihilarian and Hazuki
The townsfolk direct you to a slightly larger building that seems to be made out of a capsized ship. The interior isn't much to look at, and the floor is covered with sand. A human, presumably the owner casts an eye over you as you enter Up to you if you both find it at the same time

@Eshkigal:
"Not for a month until you lot. Starting to worry a little."

Eshkigal
2012-03-03, 08:59 PM
"Well, I have just the thing for some of those worries, friend."
He pulls out a pouch, and opens it, pulling out seeds.
"Medical supplies, scrap metal, and workable stone for next growing season's seeds."

Nihilarian
2012-03-03, 09:07 PM
Saga enters the capsized ship and greets the innkeeper. "Hello. My name is Saga Agnisdottir, and I would rent a room from you."