PDA

View Full Version : The Color button

Keld Denar
2012-02-19, 12:11 AM
Something I've noticed lately in pbp games. If you click on the color dropdown menu and select a color, the code tags look like this:

If you then click on the button to repeat the color, you get this:

When I posted from my phone, the 2nd one didn't parse, and it left the code tags there instead of converting to colored text.

Test1
Test2

EDIT: It did it from my laptop as well. The RGB code doesn't work.

EDIT AGAIN: for clarity, if you click on the drop down arrow, it always gives you the right tag. The click that gives the wrong tag is when you click on the big letter with the underline that changes color to reflect the last color you selected with the drop down that is right next to the color select drop down button.

Snowbody
2012-02-19, 12:25 AM
This is a bug in certain browsers. It's not a flaw in giantitp. Other browsers handle it fine.

Savannah
2012-02-19, 12:26 AM
This comes up every so often (last one here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226389)). From what I've read, it seems to be related to your browser, not the forum itself.

Keld Denar
2012-02-19, 12:41 AM
Huh, it does it on my android phone browser, my girlfriend's laptop with Chrome, and my PC and laptop at home with IE and Firefox.

So...dunno.

Kumori
2012-02-19, 02:34 AM
Test 1
Test 2

Works just fine on my firefox. Doesn't convert it to RGB code or anything: it still uses the keyword entry. I do recall having seen this issue before as well, and it was chalked up to browser issues.

Morph Bark
2012-02-19, 07:08 PM
Test 1
Test 2

Works just fine on my firefox. Doesn't convert it to RGB code or anything: it still uses the keyword entry. I do recall having seen this issue before as well, and it was chalked up to browser issues.

Quoting it now, they both are of the "Blue" rather than code variety, at least in my quote. Using Chrome myself.

Kumori
2012-02-20, 02:16 AM
Quoting it now, they both are of the "Blue" rather than code variety, at least in my quote. Using Chrome myself.

As I said, it still uses the keyword entry when I try to duplicate his scenario. I can't get the RGB code on my browser as Keld Denar does.

Cespenar
2012-02-20, 07:24 PM
It happens with "complex" colors, not your regular ones.

For example, Blue, Red and Black is fine. But Dark Red gives something like this: [COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"][/COLOR

CarpeGuitarrem
2012-02-20, 10:26 PM
/whisper This is why I use Hexadecimal codes.

CarpeGuitarrem
2012-02-20, 10:28 PM
/whisper This is why I use Hexadecimal codes.

Keld Denar
2012-02-21, 09:59 AM
Trying it again on my home PC with firefox, just to make sure my memory wasn't ailing.

Test Color Word

Test RGB

Interesting. On Firefox, clicking the "A" button with the colored underline gives me the word code, rather than the RGB code.

Rawhide
2012-02-21, 11:28 AM
This has been reported previously, but thank you for reporting it. This is browser specific and is caused by the specific browsers you are using. This will not be fixed on this server with the version of the forum software we are using. We are planning a migration in the relatively near future, at which point issues like these should be resolved.