PDA

View Full Version : Blue mage Design

Protoneiko
2012-02-19, 12:28 AM
Its kinda of a Mash-up of a couple of Blue mage desgins out there with atad of my own stuff in there

Sorry about the weird image hosting spell chart.... My comp is being crazy today, ad it was just easyier at the time.

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/newuploads/pzmu2.jpg

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/newuploads/kwxzi.jpg

Class Skills ~ Bluff, Concentration, Knowledge: Arcana, Knowledge: Nature, Profession, Search, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Spot, Survival

Skill Points at 1st level ~ (2 + Int mod) x4
Skill Point per level up ~ 2 + int mod

Hit Die ~ d10

Spells per day ~ High wisdom provides bonus spells per day

Determination points = (1/2 lvl + Will bonus)

Weapon & Armor Proficiencies ~ Light Armor, Dagger, All Swords (except two-handed)

Copycat ~ A blue mage can copy a spell/spell-like ability/or unique attack that strikes her directly. By any creatures other then common humanoid races.

Lore ~ The Blue Mage knows the name of each ability she learns and how it works.

Trophy Skill ~ Allows the blue mage to have one of her lore abilties active at all times. She may only change her trophy skill selection once every level up, by performing a great feat with an ability, or after gaining her max abilties for her level.

Indigo Infusion ~ This skill allows the Blue Mage to make one of her items be infused with blue magic. This allows them to change the item to blue, with a blue glow equal to a light spell (which may be dimmed at the user's will) and to channle certain abilities through that item. Magic items such as a flame weapon would then have a blue flame instead. At 8th level 2 items glow add another item every 4 levels afterword.

Boring ~ Blue mage can negate a spell directly targeting her by making a will save vs the spell attack roll/spell dc and spending 1 determination point. (must have indigo infusion on weapon)

Been there... Done that ~ Blue Mage gains a bonus equal to feat bonus, to resist spell effects on her for spells she has in her lore. Or she gains damage reduction equal to half the bonus for attacks she has in her lore. Lasts for 1d4 rounds per determination point spent, and can be used to defend by giving up your next move action. (must have indigo infusion on armor)

Scan ~ The Blue Mage steps back and studies the monster trying to figure out any weakness/strengths it may have, along with any powers she may be able to learn from it. (Sense motive + 1/2 character lvl) vs. will save. Costs 1 determination point.

Face my Fears! = The mage spends a spell use to summon the illusion of the creature she learned it from to terrorize her enemies. (Only works with non-humanoids, including outsiders & were-beasts in hybrid form)

Cerulean Sword ~ The blue mage concentrates a magic spell into his sword, granting a bonus to damage = to half damage caused the spell infused. Then spell lasts in the sword for 1d4 rounds + wisdom bonus. (must have indigo infusion on weapon)

Wild Magic (Juvenile Dragon Breath Weapon) / Wild Magic 2 (Adult Dragon) ~ The Blue Mage enters a trance, enabling her to call upon primal magic. She then lets out a breathe weapon. Causes User to pass out 1d4 rounds.

Dice Roll (1d6)
Dragon Type
Juvenile / Adult
Red Dragon
8d10 (Juvenile)
/ 12d10 (Adult) Fire
Blue Dragon
8d8 (Juvenile) /
12d8 (Adult) Lightning
Black Dragon
8d4 (Juvenile) /
12d4 (Adult) Acid
Green Dragon
8d6 (Juvenile) /
12d6 (Adult) Acid Gas
White Dragon
4d6 (Juvenile) /
6d6 (Adult) Cold
Gold Dragon
8d10 (Juvenile) /
12d10 (Adult) Fire

I'm Watching You! ~ The blue mage can now learn spells just by watching them. Allowing a chance to learn a spell that a monster used on themselves or an ally. (Achieved in same method as Scan, +5 on the DC)

Its kinda of a Mash-up of a couple of Blue mage desgins out there with atad of my own stuff in there