PDA

View Full Version : Berserker Strength [3.5]

kulosle
2012-02-19, 04:38 AM
So my DM came up with an interesting fix for this ACF (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20060501a&page=3). When ever I drop to half my hit points I go into a rage, but the higher versions of the rage are activated when I reach 1/4th and 1/8th of my total hit points.

So I had the idea to make a barbarian/rogue. The idea being a very angry guy who isn't that good at being a rogue and usually just ends up breaking things (trapkiller ACF). And if I can't sneak past you then I just get pissed off and start swinging. I imagine this would end up in very fun scenarios where I've sneaked half way through a fortress and then some one sees me and I end up having no way to retreat now so I must simply kill everything. It sounds like a lot of fun and this is suppose to be a silly campaign so I think he'll fit in.

Now I know that this won't be an optimal build, and everyone else is making silly builds, but I don't want it to fall below par. What can I do to optimize this? Is there a way to stay safely at low hit points?

TroubleBrewing
2012-02-19, 04:53 AM
Frenzied Berserker would be an optimal choice here, sadly.

If you can go -10000, you'll constantly be benefiting from your best Rage potential.

kulosle
2012-02-19, 05:53 AM
Yeah but no one wants a frenzied berserker running a muk everywhere all the time, it just isn't fun.

TroubleBrewing
2012-02-19, 05:54 AM
Basically. That's why it's sad how good FB is in this instance.