PDA

View Full Version : The Woman in Black

Hazzardevil
2012-02-19, 12:30 PM
Me and a group of friends went to see The Woman In Black today.
That is a very scary film. So scary the woman selling tickets asked us if we were sure we wanted to see it.

I outright screamed twice during the film and yelled various things I shouldn't have watching it. I have never screamed watching a film in my entire life.

Here is a list of quotes me and my friends said at the end.

"I spotted a mistake in the film"

"Voldemorts Grandma killed Harry Potter"

"Who else covered their eyes and ears during the film?"

"This is all your fault I am going to have nightmares"

What did everyone else think?

Grinner
2012-02-19, 12:33 PM
Then I will watch at my earliest opportunity.

Jaros
2012-02-19, 12:57 PM
Having seen the play twice, I'm both interested and apprehensive. The way they did everything was pretty reliant on the fact that it was a play, so a film would need to do things completely differently. I've heard fairly good things though, so I'm still probably going to go and see it.

I haven't heard great things about Daniel Radcliffe's performance though, and the last guy I talked to said the cinema was full of people cracking Harry Potter jokes, which hopefully will have died down after a few weeks.

Hazzardevil
2012-02-19, 02:00 PM
Having seen the play twice, I'm both interested and apprehensive. The way they did everything was pretty reliant on the fact that it was a play, so a film would need to do things completely differently. I've heard fairly good things though, so I'm still probably going to go and see it.

I haven't heard great things about Daniel Radcliffe's performance though, and the last guy I talked to said the cinema was full of people cracking Harry Potter jokes, which hopefully will have died down after a few weeks.

I haven't read the book or watched the play, so I can't compare them.
I think Daniel Raddliffe's performance was good early on, but later on he just seemed like some random person locked in a house with a ghost, but that seems more like a part of the genre. He shows attachment to his son throughout, although I found his attachment to his wife a bit shaky at times.

when I was watching, no-one was making jokes as they came out or during the film, although I expect that like my group other people will for a while.

Like one that I posted in the spoiler in the OP.

irenicObserver
2012-02-23, 11:13 AM
It wasn't my kind of scary, it was mostly just cat scares. Me and my cousin ragged on it so bad afterwards, it was like an arbitrary MST3K

Jaros
2012-02-23, 09:01 PM
Also, I've recently decided to do an assignment on remediation in Ghost Stories, looking mainly at Woman in Black. This means watching the new film, the 1989 TV version, and trying to find the two radio versions somewhere.