PDA

View Full Version : Gestalt- How many Sources of Bonus Damage can you Stack?

NeoSeraphi
2012-02-19, 01:49 PM
So I was thinking about this, and I came up with a weird idea (sort of inspired by this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233407)).

Using gestalt, how many sources of bonus damage could you stack? If you were a rogue/scout//duskblade/crusader, you could cast swift invisibility, then move 30 feet, and attack an enemy with your Divine Surge or some other damaging strike, using your Smite class feature to add your crusader level to damage, channeling vampiric touch, and Sneak Attack/Skirmishing (especially if you took the Swift Ambusher feat).

The best part is that unlike spells/skirmish/sneak attack, most strike maneuvers don't scale with your initiator level so you can just dip crusader, pick a few higher level maneuvers, then go right back to duskblade, with a Practiced Spellcaster feat to make up for the difference.

Are there any other sources I'm missing? (Ignoring Sudden Strike here, since Sneak Attack is just like it except Swift Ambusher doesn't stack scout/ninja levels)

SilverLeaf167
2012-02-19, 02:07 PM
I... think that different Smite effects stack. So, you could add in some Paladin levels for Smite Evil/Good.

Mystify
2012-02-19, 02:11 PM
outcast champion has avenging strike that is really nice. the target must have hurt an ally, but you add charisma to the attack, and a d6/level to the damage, and the uses per day is linked to charisma. You have to be a half elf, half orc, or half ogre, with 8 ranks in diplomacy or intimidate.

NeoSeraphi
2012-02-19, 02:29 PM
outcast champion has avenging strike that is really nice. the target must have hurt an ally, but you add charisma to the attack, and a d6/level to the damage, and the uses per day is linked to charisma. You have to be a half elf, half orc, or half ogre, with 8 ranks in diplomacy or intimidate.

That's from Races of Destiny, yeah? Interesting.

Mystify
2012-02-19, 02:40 PM
That's from Races of Destiny, yeah? Interesting.
Thats right. I consider it strictly superior to a smite. You get it a lot more often, and it hits a lot harder. 2 levels in and it hits as hard as an on-level smite(assuming you enter at level 6), and its not constrained to alignment. Just things that have dealt damage to your allies. So its not as good the first round, but if its attacking you, it will work. The full damage is reached by level 10, and it hits like a 17th level paladin on average. And it seems to stack with it, if you want to get charisma to accuracy twice.
And the class gets a lot of othercool thingks. Buffing your allies will saves is always nice. You get a kinda rage ability when you are under half health, boosting all your physical stats, but with no drawbacks. You can even share that effect with allies. It also makes aid another work for a +4 instead of +2, which can be useful. Its a nice, 5 level prestige class. It gives cool things, but nothing game-breaking. And you have plenty of room to fit another prestige class in with it.

gallagher
2012-02-19, 03:32 PM
here is a thread i had a while back that found a way to get like 90 sneak attack die on one build.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156879