PDA

View Full Version : ToB questions

limejuicepowder
2012-02-19, 02:31 PM
I have two questions:

1) I was thinking of designing a super-sunder fighter, stacking Aym (the 1st level vestige that doubles damage to objects, along with some other goodies) and maneuvers like mountain hammer to completely and utterly destroy all weapons, shields, spell pouches, wands, etc. Is it even worth it to get Aym, though? Might it be just plain overkill?

2) How viable would a beguiler/illusion focused spellcaster swordsage gish using the shadow trickster feat?

Coidzor
2012-02-19, 02:55 PM
Here's an earlier thread about Beguiler-gishing (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189719). Mentions a homebrew PrC that might be of interest due to being a combo for multiclass swordsage/beguiler characters.

If you're going to be sunder focused, see if you can port over some of the rules about the "broken" condition and repairing magic items that have been damaged/destroyed from Pathfinder so that you're not also seriously cutting into your own loot by pursuing this tactic.

As far as I can recall, you probably won't need the vestige bound for double damage, but double damage is always nice...

Nizaris
2012-02-19, 07:57 PM
Only familiar with part 1: Aym could be fun but since the hard hitting Stone Dragon powers already bypass hardness, the standard HP of weapons range from 2 to 20 for the heavy metal hafted weapons (heavy mace), tower shields are also 20HP so it comes down to your average damage. If you can deal ~10 damage with your initiator you can obliterate pretty much all but the strongest weapons out of the gate and needn't worry about Aym unless you want to blow iron gates apart.

DeltaEmil
2012-02-19, 08:08 PM
It's overkill, unless you must rutinely destroy adamantine objects of massize size (and therefore lots of HP), and most sunderable objects don't have that much hp or hardness to make it really needed, as Nizaris said.

Heck, you don't even really need the mountain hammer-line (although they are quite practical and straight-forward). The other schools like Diamond Mind (nightmare blade-line) and Tiger Claw also have high damage-maneuvers, which might even be more useful all-around (especially Diamond Mind).