PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Psychic Warriors and Martial Power

LibraryOgre
2012-02-19, 05:22 PM
For reference:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/psychic-warrior#TOC-Martial-Power

The sixth level ability of Psychic Warriors, called "Martial Power".

I'm playing a Half-giant Psychic Warrior (Weaponmaster) who just hit 6th level. Can anyone explain how this particular power is in any way useful for me? I can see it being explicitly useful for the Brawling path (hit a guy, then use Hammer, or grapple and activate Grip of Iron), but with Weaponmasters, I only really see it being useful in an ambush (I can strike immediately and buff my weapon for my next attack). Mind Knights are even worse, if they're not carrying their own weapons.

Am I missing something here, or is this just a really subpar ability?

tyckspoon
2012-02-19, 05:38 PM
No, I'm pretty sure you're right and it's just not very useful to you. You might get some use of it when/if you make it to 9 and can add another path power choice.

Cog
2012-02-19, 05:40 PM
It doesn't seem particularly earthshattering, no. On the other hand, if you know your opponent is throwing around a lot of Will saves, it lets you manifest Empty Mind without eating your immediate action?

hex0
2012-02-19, 07:10 PM
I'm playing a Half-giant Psychic Warrior (Weaponmaster) who just hit 6th level.

If you just hit 6th, take Warmind instead. In PF, it continues your Psy War progression.

Hiro Protagonest
2012-02-19, 07:16 PM
It doesn't seem particularly earthshattering, no. On the other hand, if you know your opponent is throwing around a lot of Will saves, it lets you manifest Empty Mind without eating your immediate action?

Yeah that's pretty much it unless your weapon gets taken away from you and you have to use a non-magical weapon.

LibraryOgre
2012-02-19, 07:58 PM
If you just hit 6th, take Warmind instead. In PF, it continues your Psy War progression.

If I'd prepped for it, I would've. However, lacking the prereqs, I cannot.

Yeah that's pretty much it unless your weapon gets taken away from you and you have to use a non-magical weapon.

I don't even carry a magical weapon. My main weapon is a large-sized, silvered, Earthbreaker, and I throw Metaphysical Weapon on it. Being able to cast that without PP by expending psionic focus? That's useful.