PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Gestalt Build Help

BigBenBull
2012-02-19, 05:38 PM
[The Situation]

My DM has allowed Gestalt characters.

I briefly played a Ranger 5//Swordsage 5, until my DM admitted to using the wrong EXP progression scale (fast over medium).

I need to rebuild my character to be a Ranger 4//Swordsage 4 but my DM has opened up the option for Tri-classing (using the slow scale).

[What I think I should do]

Become a Ranger 3//Swordsage 3//Druid 3, so that my Animal Companion actually gets a buff from my downgrade.

[[My Build Ideas]]

1. Change my Swordsage Discipline focus to Tiger Claw in order to compliment my Druid's Wild Shape at 4th Level. Including changing Ranger Combat Style to TWF.

or

2. Take Mountain Druid Archetype and continue with my Ranger/Swordsage Desert Wind build. Basically a strong Ranger Switch-Hitter Build.

Primarily, I wanted to be Mountain Druid for the Giant Form, that I can use a Falchion during Wild Shape at later levels and stack Flame's Blessing over any Fire Vulnerabilities.

[[My Current Character Stats]]

Str 18 Dex 14 Con 14 Int 10 Wis 18 Cha 8

Flaws: Murky Eye

Traits: Anatomist, Reactionary

Feats: (LvL 1) Power Attack, (Racial) Adaptive Style, (Flaw) Quick Draw, (Combat Style) Rapid Shot, (LvL 3) Zen Archery

Primary Weapons: Falchion and Javelins (DM allowed it to be included in Desert Wind weapons) .

Gold: 3,000 GP

[What's your advice?]

Looking for ideas on feats, cheap essential equipment, advice on better traits and anything helpful. I'm open to suggestion, including avoiding this headache altogether and staying Ranger//Swordsage.

hex0
2012-02-19, 06:39 PM
Primarily, I wanted to be Mountain Druid for the Giant Form, that I can use a Falchion during Wild Shape at later levels and stack Flame's Blessing over any Fire Vulnerabilities.

You can regular wildshape into an Ape, too

BigBenBull
2012-02-19, 10:49 PM
You can regular wildshape into an Ape, too

I'll remember this, it'll be useful.

:D