PDA

View Full Version : Terraria I

Mynxae
2012-02-19, 06:14 PM
Hey guys.

Just wondering if any/many of you play Terraria? (aka http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terraria)

I absolutely love this game. Seriously addicted to it. For example, two days ago when I first majorly got into it, I played for six and a half hours straight without getting up from my computer. No breaks -whatsoever-. Kinda shocked me when I looked at the time after that time and noticed it was night time.. xD

So please, discuss. :)

DaedalusMkV
2012-02-19, 07:05 PM
I've been playing off and on since release. I picked it up again fairly recently after realizing that a ton of new content had come out sometime around christmas, and am currently just about to the previous endgame, making my way through the Underground Jungle in preparation for a raid on Hell. My goodness are there a lot of new things... Weapon properties, mechanical systems and mini-bosses oh my! I'm quite looking forwards to the new set of bosses and enemies, really.

Am I the only one that's gone mad with power dealing with the new mechanical sysems? I've built everything from death-pits to secret doors to arrow-trap doorstops to working fountains. It's just so... Cool. Also, expensive. I think I've spent something like 40 gold on wires and such so far!

Luzahn
2012-02-19, 07:26 PM
The old endgame is about 3/4 of the way done i believe, if not less.

Raistlin1040
2012-02-19, 10:12 PM
I binged when I got it, but after getting to full Adamantine with my buddies, we all sort of stopped playing. I want to get back into it at some point, but I can't take any of the Hard Mode bosses solo and there doesn't seem like much to do other than farm the Wall of Flesh now.

Archonic Energy
2012-02-20, 05:25 AM
Rais, we have a multilpayer server...
I use the term "server" loosely as it's me hosting Mplayer on my gaming rig.

I log it on at about 19:00 UTC and off at 23:00 UTC

I have 1 pre WoF world and 1 post WoF world dedicated to us

if you or anyone else wanted to join just ask and i'll find out the IP (stupid dynamic IP from ISP)

The Succubus
2012-02-20, 05:34 AM
I think I'll take you up on that offer. I have quite a few shinies to offer and a desire to beat the various hard-mode bosses....

Archonic Energy
2012-02-20, 06:41 AM
bring ammo...

LOTS of ammo.

and some serious firepower... while swords are good for exploring the deep you really don't want to let the bosses up close.

Fredaintdead
2012-02-20, 06:47 AM
Terraria is probably one of my favourite games right now, although I admit that I find it much more fun when I get to play multiplayer. But yeah, everything about this game is so cool (and watching the dozens of hilarious LPs is also good). :smallsmile:

The Succubus
2012-02-20, 08:36 AM
bring ammo...

LOTS of ammo.

and some serious firepower... while swords are good for exploring the deep you really don't want to let the bosses up close.

That.....will not be a problem. >:)

Archonic Energy
2012-02-20, 09:58 AM
That.....will not be a problem. >:)

you'll be surpried how many people think it's not a problem...

when you burn through 1000 cursed bullets you'll understand!

for the record what did you want to hunt? "Twins", "Skele prime", "dragons", or the destroyer?

Eledragon
2012-02-20, 11:57 AM
Me and my friends have comepletely beat the game.

Beat it, I say.

Only things I'm missing is some of the useless stuff.

wearing full Hallowed gear and weps.

The Succubus
2012-02-20, 01:22 PM
for the record what did you want to hunt? "Twins", "Skele prime", "dragons", or the destroyer?

Yes.

10 Yeseses.

jjpickar
2012-02-20, 03:05 PM
Anyone here beat the hardmode bosses on solo? I haven't yet and though I've beaten them all on multi-play, I just can't seem to figure out how to Not Get Hit by them, which seems to be the trick. Still I've logged 82 hours and counting on it which may not seem like much but is very long for me.

By the by, anyone have a more effecient method of generating money aside from farming wall of flesh or fighting in the hallow with spawn increasers? Mimic generators rooms sound promising. They don't drop money when spawned from a statue but they still drop their unique items. Is it worth the trouble?

Archonic Energy
2012-02-20, 03:08 PM
GitP

that should be enough.... :smallamused:

NEO|Phyte
2012-02-20, 03:52 PM
Anyone here beat the hardmode bosses on solo? I haven't yet and though I've beaten them all on multi-play, I just can't seem to figure out how to Not Get Hit by them, which seems to be the trick. Still I've logged 82 hours and counting on it which may not seem like much but is very long for me.

By the by, anyone have a more effecient method of generating money aside from farming wall of flesh or fighting in the hallow with spawn increasers? Mimic generators rooms sound promising. They don't drop money when spawned from a statue but they still drop their unique items. Is it worth the trouble?

Outside of shenanigans, I haven't seen the bosses solod outside of having a full set of the gear you need to beat them to get. This is coming from someone who has done his share of boss killing (http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/9669/warehouse.gif) (note the armor displays).

For money, there's probably more efficient methods, but farming the eater of worlds is a pretty good one, demonite ore sells pretty well.

Archonic Energy
2012-02-20, 04:19 PM
Outside of shenanigans, I haven't seen the bosses solod outside of having a full set of the gear you need to beat them to get. This is coming from someone who has done his share of boss killing (http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/9669/warehouse.gif) (note the armor displays).

For money, there's probably more efficient methods, but farming the eater of worlds is a pretty good one, demonite ore sells pretty well.

yeah, the hard mode bosses really aren't made to be soloed by someone who hasn't already beatified them... it's why i started the server...

money wise i have 90 odd plat from boss farming... money really isn't a problem .

to the poor person who joined in the middle of a boss fight... sorry.

Brumski
2012-02-21, 08:43 AM
I managed to solo all the new end-game bosses.

Destroyer first. I built a tall dirt column, with little short dirt platforms off to one side with like 8 spaces in between each platform, and built really high like this. Found a sweet spot height where the Destroyer would come up, and arc down right next to me, leaving several seconds for me to stand next to it swinging with my Legendary Cobalt sword. Usually his probes would be quickly killed by this swinging, and if not they would end up on the other side of a dirt wall, protecting me from lasers. Dodge the head when he would come back up, kill probes (cause their annoying and give health during the fight), swing at body. Done.

Used Mega Shark gun and lots of Crystal bullets for other two with, and here was the game-changer, Gravitation Potions. Need more room to run? Use the whole bloody sky!

Nicely buffed with other potions, and full Adamantite armor tho

fred dref
2012-02-21, 09:30 AM
I managed to kill the Wall of Flesh just last night for the first time. Used the Demonite Bow with a variety of arrows (went through all my explosive and jester arrows, and part way through my unholy ones) and that blue flail for all the stupid little mouths. I underestimated the amount of running room I'd need, so I ended up finishing him off just before a giant lava pool, with absolutely no idea regarding the terrain past it.

jjpickar
2012-02-21, 09:37 PM
I finally beat the destroyer a few times now. The trick is to WEAR A CROSS NECKLACE!!!! It really helps if you want to tank him. After that, full adamantite armor, warding on most of your accessories (the star cloak is great for dps), and potion buffs like regen. Used the breaker blade and pwnhammer. Once I got the Excalibur, I could kill him multiple times a night once properly buffed. Even standing in the same place. No healing pots required.

Triscuitable
2012-02-21, 10:56 PM
You're quite ambitious to name this as the first thread in a series.

I like ambition. You've got guts. :smallcool:

Cikomyr
2012-02-22, 07:17 AM
You're quite ambitious to name this as the first thread in a series.

I like ambition. You've got guts. :smallcool:

Well, if the thread crash, he can always claim he was referencing the fact that it's the 1st game of an ongoing serie.. Thus Terraria 1 :smallamused:

Mynxae
2012-02-22, 09:29 PM
Haha. I know right? :smallcool:

A friend and I just killed Eater of Worlds. Tried doing it in our nice big arena that we'd originally faced the Eye of Cthulu in, we both ended up dying (I had only full silver, she had the same, but I was using a Copper bow). Tried it again in a new arena directly on top of a few corruption chasms. Aaaaand we both died again. So we decided to go in some more chasms to get some demonite etc. I ended up getting two pieces of demonite armour and better arrows for my bow. Then, we accidentally summoned him, in tunnels that were -tiny-, because we were using them to find shadow balls. And somehow, we killed him. xD

Just have to get low enough in our hellevator to find Skeletron now..

Raistlin1040
2012-02-22, 09:33 PM
Skeletron guards the dungeon entrance. To find him, you go to the edge of the map on both sides and fight him whichever side has the dungeon. You don't go down to fight him.

Mynxae
2012-02-22, 09:36 PM
Oh. Haha. I'm such a newb. /facepalm

Thanks Raistlin! :)