PDA

View Full Version : Engineer...?

Loki Eremes
2012-02-20, 04:16 AM
I know i saw a class like this somewhere some years ago, when i first started playing D&D 3.5.

But i cant remind the exact name of the class (could even be a PrC...), the only thing i remember it was something like "War-engineer". Hope is not on Cityscape... god knows where that book went to.... TT_TT

so.......
May you people please help me remind me names from Engineer clases from D&D 3.5???

I searched for hours and my brain is melting. I saw it a long time ago and now that i want to bring it back.... :smallannoyed:

EDIT: deleted some Somethings.
IS NOT THE ARTIFICER FOLKS

Karen Lynn
2012-02-20, 05:23 AM
Unless it's a gnome racial class, best I can think is Artificer from the Ebberron[there's too many... Something... In there...] setting.

Loki Eremes
2012-02-20, 05:28 AM
Its 7:27 am here, sorry for the extra somethings xD

Nope, NOT THE ARTIFICER.

Khatoblepas
2012-02-20, 05:54 AM
Maester
Gnome Artificer (Faerun)
Techsmith (Faerun)
Effigy Master (CA)
Trapsmith (DS)
Master Trapsmith (... some other book)
Alchemist Savant
?

These are all the "techy" engineer types I know of off the top of my head.

There's a list of all prestige classes here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_prestige_classes

hiryuu
2012-02-20, 06:43 PM
Don't see why artificer doesn't work, myself...

But, lemme think, in AEG's Magic, there's a Technomage who builds mechanical sidekicks, World of Warcraft rpg has an engineer class thing and a pretty comprehensive invention system, and, that's all I can think of off the top of my head. Etherscope has some cool stuff in it, too.

LibraryOgre
2012-02-20, 07:00 PM
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/lists/prc

Unless it is the Gnome Artificer or the Techsmith, it is not likely to be a D&D source.

playswithfire
2012-02-20, 07:40 PM
Combat Trapsmith from Complete Scoundrel?
Closest I can think of to War Engineer

Rossebay
2012-02-20, 09:44 PM
There's always the Renegade Mastermaker, if that is the name...
But they just make themselves into Warforged. So it isn't exactly an engineer...

Psyren
2012-02-21, 08:49 AM
Effigy Master makes robots... though somebody mentioned that...

I dunno, I got nothin'. Are you trying to make like a siege engine or something? Or is it traps?

Talionis
2012-02-21, 09:22 AM
I don't have my book in front of me but is there an engineer expert NPC in the Dungeon Master's Guide?

Loki Eremes
2012-02-21, 01:33 PM
Don't see why artificer doesn't work, myself...

But, lemme think, in AEG's Magic, there's a Technomage who builds mechanical sidekicks, World of Warcraft rpg has an engineer class thing and a pretty comprehensive invention system, and, that's all I can think of off the top of my head. Etherscope has some cool stuff in it, too.

It's not like the artificer doesnt work. Its perfect.
But i was looking for this class particulary because of the flavour and because what im going to say next....

Effigy Master makes robots... though somebody mentioned that...

I dunno, I got nothin'. Are you trying to make like a siege engine or something? Or is it traps?

Yup, Siege weapons are the idea.

I don't have my book in front of me but is there an engineer expert NPC in the Dungeon Master's Guide?

going to check that out.

And going to check that PrC list too

Thrice Dead Cat
2012-02-21, 02:00 PM
Combat Trapsmith has already been mentioned. There's also the Trapsmith (Dungeonscape). Outside of that and everything else already mentioned, you may just be misremembering the rules from Heroes of Battle regarding siege weapons.

That or it was someone's homebrew. I have the vague memory of someone posting a class title "Engineer" before. Probably several people.

Black_Zawisza
2012-02-21, 02:15 PM
Maybe you were thinking of this?

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114229