PDA

View Full Version : Playground Composition (Music)

Vesth
2012-02-20, 05:48 AM
Hey, all....let's see, how do I say this?

You don't. This is a stupid attempt at doing something dumb. Stop it.

Shut up. Ok, it goes like this. A couple of weeks (or months, I can't really tell), I saw this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227164), and they had three notes down-

What? Lazy fool! The date and time is right there! The last post was more than a month ago!

Shut up.
Anyway, from those three notes, I was inspired, and I composed a whole song out of it. A song I want to share and give to the GITP, and I really love-

*Yawn*. Get to the point.

Fine.As I was saying, this song is precious to me, and I hope you guys really treasure-

GET. TO. THE. POINT.

SHUT. UP. To cut things short, I want to give this song to the GITP community, and I need advice on how to do so. Also, welcome will be people to help edit it, or make a sheet music or something. The music isn't difficult on purpose, so it'll be easier to learn-

On purpose? MOST of your songs are very easy. I mean, even-

I SAID SHUT UP. Anyway, here's the link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO-ADj9vXwA&context=C38c6e27ADOEgsToPDskIh_uFtCf1PnoRleoQzGm4p ) to the music, and yes, the middle sounds horrible because I made some hiccups while recording, and I have no time to make another one-

More like, just lazy...

-and I'll thank you a lot if you guys could help me. Thanks in advance!

Coidzor
2012-02-20, 06:19 AM
I'd recommend dropping the act, makes it really hard to follow you.

Elemental
2012-02-20, 06:31 AM
It sounds nice. Except for a few parts that were a bit grating.
I think you need to get your piano tuned.

Vesth
2012-02-20, 06:41 AM
:smallfrown:

Basically speaking, I saw a thread a month ago that was creating a song for GITP 'one note at a time'. At that point in time, it was just 3 notes. I used those notes, and I composed a whole song out of it, which I think went beyond what the thread was supposed to be about. Plus, the thread died. So I'm left with my song, which I'm supposed to (and want to) give to GITP.

So I'm posting the song here, in hopes that people will tell me how I'm supposed to go around giving the song, and how the song could improve (other than the messy middle, caused by my own playing mistakes)!

And maybe a score, because I don't know how to do an online one.

It doesn't sound so friendly when I phrase it like this....

And, yes, I do need to get my piano tuned. I'll have to re-record this when I have the time.....(which is going to be almost never)

Elemental
2012-02-20, 06:56 AM
Well, the song itself doesn't need improvement. My opinion.
As for score writing software... The only one I'm aware of is Sibelius and I haven't used that in about two years.

When it comes to distribution... I'm completely useless. I suggest asking a moderator.

thubby
2012-02-20, 11:56 AM
i've been referenced. woo.

THAC0
2012-02-20, 12:01 PM
Sibelius is what I use. Finale is also popular. There used to be a free partial version of Finale online but now it's not free. Noteflight might be free and MuseScore also appears to be free but I do not have personal experience with either.

Howler Dagger
2012-02-20, 12:50 PM
I use musescore, which is free. If you like composing, you could head down to the OOTS soundtrack project in the OOTS forum.