PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew Only campaign (better title pending)

The Underlord
2012-02-20, 12:37 PM
You are in the Crossroads. Whether you are a 'regular' as the vendors would call you or are a traveler, you feel almost overwhelmed at the sight of all the vendors.
Finest jewerly here. Finer than anywhere else you can find here. Only at good old Mac's shop
Get your fresh, farm grown vegetables. Best selection in town.
To the south of the main entrance is the inn, Traveler's Waypoint and next to in a bulletin board. Next to the bulletion board, you can see the outline of two figures. In the center of the town, overlooking the marketplace is the Economic Center of Business and Trade, the governement which mainly approves vendor permits.
Establish where you are. Remeber, theres not a main plot because it is sandbox style.

Zolkabro
2012-02-20, 12:53 PM
Solomon Bonethief was standing in the shadows in a dark alley behind the main marketplace, and had been there for nearly two hours already. He had been told that he could meet some black market traders here in a few minutes from now, and had come early in case of somebody there waiting for him with murder in mind. Quite a catch for any mugger, Solomon's intricately crafted metal body would be worth thousands and thousands of gp. He was backed up against the wall so he could not be snuck up on, and his head was quickly looking this way and that watching for somebody coming down the alley. His metal hands had been warmed to the heat of a fierce blazing fire by the salamanders blood infused with the metal, and he was ready to defend himself if needed. As a Cog, he did not get tired, and was quite happy to stay standing there for hours if need be, as he really wanted to meet this trader.

The trader Solomon wanted to meet was apparently had the corpse of a recently deceased dragon in cold storage, but Solomon had no way of knowing if his contact had been telling the truth about this man. This could be a fantastic opportunity, or it could be a trap. Solomon didn't know, but he was damn well gonna be ready for both eventualities.

His only worry is that the authorities would discover what he was hoping to buy. If they did, he would be immediately thrown out of the town.

Lyndworm
2012-02-21, 07:24 AM
Dreech is hanging out by the bulletin board, looking for any way he might be able to pick up a few coins. Though he's aware of the nearby figures, Dreech is doing his best to appear to ignore them. In reality, the gnome's keen eyes are watching the shapes with every ounce of attention they can spare past the words in front of them.

BelGareth
2012-02-21, 02:04 PM
Zen had come into town only recently, on the recent trade caravan posing as a guard. He quickly slipped into the crowd hoping that his pursuers would lose sight of him even here in this city.

He would never be a slave again. Never

Moving through the crowd he always kept his back to solid surfaces, knowing pick pockets and assassins to be everywhere, he was tired and wanted to rest.

But he knew they would catch up to him and he would have to leave again.

Again? he thought to himself, why couldn't he rid them of his trail, why did they have to hunt him so? Shaking his head of the thoughts he saw the bulletin board and ignoring the shapes near it moved to read the job postings, he needed one soon.

Roc Ness
2012-02-21, 05:38 PM
Sitting at a shaded table, with an ice-cream and several light tomes before her, is a young woman of small stature. A fairly established local, she is occasionally greeted with waves by the passerbyers, to which she replies with her own small wave and smile. The locals know her as rather shy and unresponsive, and consider this a large step for the girl, and a pleasing development.

Currently, the owner of the cold-confectionary vendor (an elderly kobold), is rasping animatedly at the girl about the recent news of the world, and developments in the field of frozen diary products. She nods politely and takes in the data that doesn't fly over her head.

She is waiting for her tutor to meet her and begin another lesson. Her tutor is a knowledgable and stern woman; despite this, however, her tutor worries incessantly over the girl's poor confidence and great reservedness.

The kobold gives the girl a pat on the head, and returns to his work. The girl, Vira, takes a brief look around her. The other vendors were bustling as usual, somebody was stirring a ruckus at the inn, the bulletin board across the road had even more strange figures studying it. Vira's tutor was still nowhere in sight, though, so she returned to quietly reading through her tomes.

The Underlord
2012-02-21, 06:30 PM
Dreech is hanging out by the bulletin board, looking for any way he might be able to pick up a few coins. Though he's aware of the nearby figures, Dreech is doing his best to appear to ignore them. In reality, the gnome's keen eyes are watching the shapes with every ounce of attention they can spare past the words in front of them.
You see they are a man and a woman. The woman says I hope there'll be someone who can find her.The man nods and is turning about, as if frantically searching for someone. You can see tthe contents of the bulletion board.

Sitting at a shaded table, with an ice-cream and several light tomes before her, is a young woman of small stature. A fairly established local, she is occasionally greeted with waves by the passerbyers, to which she replies with her own small wave and smile. The locals know her as rather shy and unresponsive, and consider this a large step for the girl, and a pleasing development.

Currently, the owner of the cold-confectionary vendor (an elderly kobold), is rasping animatedly at the girl about the recent news of the world, and developments in the field of frozen diary products. She nods politely and takes in the data that doesn't fly over her head.

She is waiting for her tutor to meet her and begin another lesson. Her tutor is a knowledgable and stern woman; despite this, however, her tutor worries incessantly over the girl's poor confidence and great reservedness.

The kobold gives the girl a pat on the head, and returns to his work. The girl, Vira, takes a brief look around her. The other vendors were bustling as usual, somebody was stirring a ruckus at the inn, the bulletin board across the road had even more strange figures studying it. Vira's tutor was still nowhere in sight, though, so she returned to quietly reading through her tomes.
The kobold mentions delayed or missing ice shipments from the cold mountains of the Iron Kingdom. He mentions that the Pozhars haves something to do with them. Your tutor walks into the shop

Zen had come into town only recently, on the recent trade caravan posing as a guard. He quickly slipped into the crowd hoping that his pursuers would lose sight of him even here in this city.

He would never be a slave again. Never

Moving through the crowd he always kept his back to solid surfaces, knowing pick pockets and assassins to be everywhere, he was tired and wanted to rest.

But he knew they would catch up to him and he would have to leave again.

Again? he thought to himself, why couldn't he rid them of his trail, why did they have to hunt him so? Shaking his head of the thoughts he saw the bulletin board and ignoring the shapes near it moved to read the job postings, he needed one soon.
You notcie the contents of the bulletin board, as posted below.

Solomon Bonethief was standing in the shadows in a dark alley behind the main marketplace, and had been there for nearly two hours already. He had been told that he could meet some black market traders here in a few minutes from now, and had come early in case of somebody there waiting for him with murder in mind. Quite a catch for any mugger, Solomon's intricately crafted metal body would be worth thousands and thousands of gp. He was backed up against the wall so he could not be snuck up on, and his head was quickly looking this way and that watching for somebody coming down the alley. His metal hands had been warmed to the heat of a fierce blazing fire by the salamanders blood infused with the metal, and he was ready to defend himself if needed. As a Cog, he did not get tired, and was quite happy to stay standing there for hours if need be, as he really wanted to meet this trader.

The trader Solomon wanted to meet was apparently had the corpse of a recently deceased dragon in cold storage, but Solomon had no way of knowing if his contact had been telling the truth about this man. This could be a fantastic opportunity, or it could be a trap. Solomon didn't know, but he was damn well gonna be ready for both eventualities.

His only worry is that the authorities would discover what he was hoping to buy. If they did, he would be immediately thrown out of the town
A tall, muscular man appears. He searches frantically, but his eyes stop on you. He walks towards you. He appears to not have any item large enough to be the product you wanted with him.
The bulletin board
Notice: Market place sweep today. from: Economic Center of Business and Trade
Help! Young girl, age 9 missing. See Ms. and Mr. [placeholder name]
Help wanted to defend caravan of assorted goods, imported from the Iron Kingdom. Put a notice here if you wish to know more
Town mysteriously quiet, trading stopped. See the head of the western section commitee of the Board of Trade for more information.

BelGareth
2012-02-21, 06:36 PM
Zen takes a few moments to read the notices and then shrugs.

"let's go see the head of the western section commitee then" he says to himself.

He heads out to see if he can find the board of trade, he will ask people if he needs to, preferring not to but if he must.

Lyndworm
2012-02-21, 10:05 PM
It doesn't take the gnome long to connect the missing girl to the concerned parents. "Excuse me," says Dreech, walking closer to the couple. "Would you be Mr. and Mrs. [placeholder name]? I've come to speak to you about your girl. I've no more information for you, I'm afraid, but I'd like to find out more if I could."

Simba
2012-02-22, 12:53 AM
Inga

Alone at a table, a gnomish girl with fire-red hair and piercing eyes sits, sipping a cold beer. From time to time she looks up to check her surroundings, but otherwise she seems to be completely absorbed with her thoughts.

After while she gets up and moves over to the bulletin board. "Anything interesting?" she asks the strangers there "I am bored, you see. I need to do something."

Zolkabro
2012-02-22, 02:44 AM
Solomon looks up at the man, furious that he had to look up to him, so he made the glowing gems in his eyes go from the black they were before to a dark red. He kept his back against the wall, and kept looking around incase this man was a distraction in an ambush.
"Who are you, human?" Solomon rumbles in his eery metallic voice. It sounded nearly human, but not quite, with just enough of a robotic feel to be creepy. If this man was genuine, he should reply "A simple smith, who may have happened upon something of interest."

((OOC:Assuming he does say that, Solomon replies:)) "And is it here?" Solomon said. If it was him, then the man should say either "Sorry, but our princess is in another castle." if he was not willing to trade, and if he was willing to trade he would say "It's dangerous to go alone, take this!" And would give Solomon a piece of paper, on which would be written the address of where the corpse was hidden. He should then walk down the alley the way he came. Solomon would leave a while later. If the man did not say these correct passes, then he was an imposter and would be killed.

((OOC: If the man didn't say "a simple smith etc" which was supposed to signal that he was the trader then the following happens instead:))
He is not giving the line! It must not be him! Solomon realised.
He put his fiery hot hand onto the wall behind him. The wall started to smoke, and when he lifted his hand away, there was a black charred mark in the brick.
"If I can do that to a brick wall, just think what I can do to your face. Now TELL ME WHO YOU ARE." Solomon growled.

Silva Stormrage
2012-02-22, 03:34 PM
Murtagh strides from the vendor district while devouring a fresh apple, towards the bulletin board.

Murtagh mutters to himself, Hm, I seem to be running low on coin. Lets see if there is anything that needs to be done. If not I will try to go back and barter with the vendors. Didn't seem to be that much there today though. Except this apple, I need to make note of who sold this one.

Roc Ness
2012-02-22, 05:05 PM
Vira
As the kobold returned to his daily duties, Vira did a double take. The Pozhars? She'd nearly completely put the group out of her mind too... Vira wonders how they are doing, her old friend... and the other people she used to know.

"Umm... excuse..."

But the kobold was already busy with other things, and Vira didn't wish to intrude.

Presently, her tutor arrived, and sat down before her. Her tutor had brought several thin novels today, all considered classics among the world population of literature appreciators. As her tutor (somewhat used to Vira's behavioural patterns) deliberately took some time setting up, Vira stammered the small questions at the top of her mind.

"Miss... Miss Namei... the Pozhars, they, why are they in the news? Has something... umm... something been happening? Only, only... umm... that's all."

Vira suddenly began to study her own tomes with intense interest.

The Underlord
2012-02-26, 05:17 PM
Solomon looks up at the man, furious that he had to look up to him, so he made the glowing gems in his eyes go from the black they were before to a dark red. He kept his back against the wall, and kept looking around incase this man was a distraction in an ambush.
"Who are you, human?" Solomon rumbles in his eery metallic voice. It sounded nearly human, but not quite, with just enough of a robotic feel to be creepy. If this man was genuine, he should reply "A simple smith, who may have happened upon something of interest."

((OOC:Assuming he does say that, Solomon replies:)) "And is it here?" Solomon said. If it was him, then the man should say either "Sorry, but our princess is in another castle." if he was not willing to trade, and if he was willing to trade he would say "It's dangerous to go alone, take this!" And would give Solomon a piece of paper, on which would be written the address of where the corpse was hidden. He should then walk down the alley the way he came. Solomon would leave a while later. If the man did not say these correct passes, then he was an imposter and would be killed.

((OOC: If the man didn't say "a simple smith etc" which was supposed to signal that he was the trader then the following happens instead:))
He is not giving the line! It must not be him! Solomon realised.
He put his fiery hot hand onto the wall behind him. The wall started to smoke, and when he lifted his hand away, there was a black charred mark in the brick.
"If I can do that to a brick wall, just think what I can do to your face. Now TELL ME WHO YOU ARE." Solomon growled.
The man says Uhhh, my father was a simple smith. He felt it was too dangerous to go alone, so take this"He rushes his sentence and hands you a paper saying
I'm no fool, it would be dangerous for me to wander the streets. But go here, and we will discuss the trading.
The paper has an address to a shop in it. OOC you make a knowledge (local) check to figure which one it is.

Zen takes a few moments to read the notices and then shrugs.

"let's go see the head of the western section commitee then" he says to himself.

He heads out to see if he can find the board of trade, he will ask people if he needs to, preferring not to but if he must.
As the tallest building in the center of town, it is pretty easy to find the Trade center. As you approach the entrance, there are two kobold guards.

OOC: more to come later.

Zolkabro
2012-02-27, 02:27 AM
Solomon read the piece of paper, then looked sharply up at the man. " You're his son?" Solomon asked, his eyes narrowing. "Hmm... really."

Sense motive:
[roll0]

Knowledge (local):
[roll1]

The Underlord
2012-03-01, 07:40 PM
Vira
As the kobold returned to his daily duties, Vira did a double take. The Pozhars? She'd nearly completely put the group out of her mind too... Vira wonders how they are doing, her old friend... and the other people she used to know.

"Umm... excuse..."

But the kobold was already busy with other things, and Vira didn't wish to intrude.

Presently, her tutor arrived, and sat down before her. Her tutor had brought several thin novels today, all considered classics among the world population of literature appreciators. As her tutor (somewhat used to Vira's behavioural patterns) deliberately took some time setting up, Vira stammered the small questions at the top of her mind.

"Miss... Miss Namei... the Pozhars, they, why are they in the news? Has something... umm... something been happening? Only, only... umm... that's all."

Vira suddenly began to study her own tomes with intense interest.

"In the news? I hadn't heard anything about them. Any way, any preference on the book we will read?"
She says, seeming unconcerned.

Murtagh strides from the vendor district while devouring a fresh apple, towards the bulletin board. Murtagh mutters to himself, Hm, I seem to be running low on coin. Lets see if there is anything that needs to be done. If not I will try to go back and barter with the vendors. Didn't seem to be that much there today though. Except this apple, I need to make note of who sold this one.
you see the two gnomes, very different, the couple,and a gnome similar to one of the ones there leaving. You hear one of the coupple yelling something at one of the gnomes. You see the contents of the bulletin board as described before.

Inga

Alone at a table, a gnomish girl with fire-red hair and piercing eyes sits, sipping a cold beer. From time to time she looks up to check her surroundings, but otherwise she seems to be completely absorbed with her thoughts.

After while she gets up and moves over to the bulletin board. "Anything interesting?" she asks the strangers there "I am bored, you see. I need to do something."
"Of course there is something to do,my precious daughter is missing" she exclaims, both angry and exasperated". As she does so a human approaches.
OOC: Dreech responds to ^
OOC once again more to come

Roc Ness
2012-03-02, 02:47 AM
Vira
"Umm... how about the Treachery of the Maquis? You mentioned it last time..."

((OoC: Maybe this setting's equivalent of Macbeth? :smallconfused: I originally wanted To Kill a Mockingbird, but then I remembered that the setting hadn't advanced that far yet.))

Simba
2012-03-19, 10:47 PM
Inga

"Your daughter is missing? What happened?" Inga asks the woman addressing her.

The Underlord
2012-04-03, 07:16 AM
It doesn't take the gnome long to connect the missing girl to the concerned parents. "Excuse me," says Dreech, walking closer to the couple. "Would you be Mr. and Mrs. [placeholder name]? I've come to speak to you about your girl. I've no more information for you, I'm afraid, but I'd like to find out more if I could."

Your daughter is missing? What happened?" Inga asks the woman addressing her.
She says"Okay, so she disappeared a few days ago. She looks just like me, and will probably be wearing a silver wrist band." She looks around nervouslyI don't no anyone that would kidnap her, if it was that.

Lyndworm
2012-04-04, 02:54 AM
"Where's the last place you saw her?" asks the male gnome. "Any little bit of information could help."