PDA

View Full Version : Extra Items & Item-Sharing in Legend [WIP, PEACH]

Sodalite
2012-02-20, 12:44 PM
After receiving some helpful words from the current Legend thread, I've decided to post the prototype of my bonus item and item-sharing track. I do this, mainly because I have a very poorly developed sense of what abilities exactly should present, and how they should function. Without further ado, I present my Artisan track.

1st Circle - Lesser BestowalEX: You may extend the benefits of your Lesser Items to your allies. If the item functions as a weapon, and they already possess such an item, they must choose which one they want to take effect.

2nd Circle - Lesser ExcessEX: You gain an additional Lesser item.

3rd Circle - Greater BestowalEX: This ability functions as Lesser Bestowal, except that it allows you to bestow Greater Items rather than Lesser Items.

4th Circle - Greater ExcessEX: This functions as Lesser Excess, except that it grants a Greater Item rather than a Lesser Item.

5th Circle - Relic BestowalEX: This ability functions as Lesser Bestowal, except that it allows you to bestow a Relic rather than a Lesser item.

6th Circle - Relic ExcessEX: This functions as Lesser Excess, except that it grants a Relic rather than a Lesser Item.

7th Circle - Artifact BestowalEX: This ability functions are Lesser Bestowal, except that it allows you to bestow an Artifact rather than a Lesser Item.

Currently, I am mostly worried about a lack of unique content, the balance of the abilities and unclear, over-complicated, or otherwise ineffective wording. For reference, I guesstimated the values of the items in terms of class abilities based on what items you lose when you choose Full Buy-In.

Mystify
2012-02-21, 11:27 AM
The main problem I see is that you are buffing somebody else, but in doing so you are weakening yourself, which kinda cancels itself out. You also give them items that they can bestow to others, which that person can then bestow... what is the point of that? Why wouldn't you just bestow the ability to that person yourself?

It seems the net effect of this track is that you are down a track and magic items, and an ally gets more magic items. That seems like a net loss to me.

gkathellar
2012-02-21, 11:37 AM
Mystify is correct. I think that flat-out sharing the item benefits with your buddies wouldn't be too much, considering that items are all this track does.

Also, you need to better define how weapon items work with bestowal. Do they stack on top of an ally's existing weapon, or can he only use one set of benefits at a time?

Sodalite
2012-02-21, 12:00 PM
Thank you for the comments. I've modified Lesser Bestowal and removed the superfluous clause from Lesser Excess. A couple more questions I have, what kind of actions should Bestowal require, and what limiting factors should there be for which allies are effected? I don't know why, but I had strong feeling to use a swift action, and for the allies to be within a certain distance, but again I'm unsure.