PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Summoner, Eidolon, and Energy Attacks evolution

Laniius
2012-02-20, 03:11 PM
On the pfsrd,

An eidolon’s attacks become charged with energy.

Pick one energy type: acid, cold, electricity, or fire. All of the eidolon’s natural attacks deal 1d6 points of energy damage of the chosen type on a successful hit. The summoner must be at least 5th level before selecting this evolution

Is this in addition to the natural weapon damage, or instead of the natural weapon damage?

jaybird
2012-02-20, 03:24 PM
In addition to. It's a pretty nice evolution for an Eidolon that's focused around dishing out its full allotment of attacks (Quadruped Pounce+Claw+Rake combo).

jmelesky
2012-02-20, 03:26 PM
RAW, it looks like "instead of", which is, i think, incorrect from a RAI perspective.

"In addition to" would be in line with the energy bonus line of weapon enhancements, and abilities like Elemental Fist. I'd rule it that way in my games. I expect that's the intended reading, too, but i haven't seen a Paizo ruling on the matter.

Laniius
2012-02-21, 08:54 PM
Hopefully it's in addition to, or rather that my GM sees it that way. Otherwise it doesn't seem worth +2 evolution points.

Laniius
2012-02-21, 08:59 PM
Wait, it looks like it is "in addition to." I didn't find errata, but I found this.

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/bestiary3/eidolon.html

On there they list it's evolutions, energy attacks is one of them, and it's damage done is listd as the natural attack damage plus the energy damage.