PDA

View Full Version : Character concept(3.5)

thriceborn
2012-02-20, 06:32 PM
I want to make Mat Cauthon from the Wheel of Time series. And I need build advice. All books are tentatively open per DM discretion, and we are a mid to low op group. ToB is very tentatively open, as well as BoED and BoVD and little to no cheese is allowed.

I have the following stats at level 1, ECL 3 with Draconic template and Aasimar.

STR 16(14)
DEX 14(14)
CON 18(16)
INT 16(16)
WIS 18(16)
CHA 22(18)

Any help will be appreciated. I haven't taken any feats, and LA buy off is allowed, and encouraged.

hiryuu
2012-02-20, 07:09 PM
I want to make Mat Cauthon from the Wheel of Time

I have the following stats at level 1, ECL 3 with Draconic template and Aasimar.

wat.

Anyway! Wheel of Time d20 lists him as Str 13, Dex 20, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 16 and as a Wanderer/Commander. Probably Rogue/Marshal? Warblade for a couple levels focusing on White Raven might be good. He might need Knowledge skills or Dreaming feats from Secrets of Sarlona or even Bard levels for the ancient memories and such.

Namfuak
2012-02-20, 07:31 PM
I don't understand why you have the Draconic template, nor why you would choose Aasimar as your race. The way I see it, Mat would be a human, with fairly high Charisma and Dexterity, and slightly above average strength and intelligence, and probably average or below average wisdom, who has a ton of luck feats and ranks in sleight of hand, as well as weapon finesse. He's obviously chaotic, neutral or good (depending on which book you are referring to), and uses a quarterstaff (although I think he may have acquired a glaive if memory serves). I guess I would say he's a rogue, but he could arguably be an urban ranger as well.

Medic!
2012-02-20, 07:52 PM
There's also an arguement to be made for a Marshal level or more. I'd agree with going human, and the luck feats, possibly even some feats from Races of Destiny (I don't remember most of the feats from it, but Heroic Destiny? adds a d6 to a d20 roll some number of times a day as I recall)

Some White Raven almost demands attention as well from Tome of Battle.

rollforeigninit
2012-02-20, 08:21 PM
I just happen to have right here my trusty Wheel of Time (d20) rpg book, Let us consult it now...........

He shows up as a Wanderer (read "Rogue")9/Commander6. He has bonus weapon proficiency in Ashandarei (double weapon 1d6/1d8 B/P 19-20x2) as well as 2wp & imp 2wp fighting as bonus feats from going through the ter'angreal . He's also ta'veren which grants some bonus feats allowing re-rolls in luck related pursuits. Also has the spring attack line.

So looking at that I would advise Rogue/ Marshall with maybe a template reflecting his special status in the Pattern. I'd also consider the Luck Devotion power and maybe port in the Dark One's Own Luck Feat (reroll's).
Invest heavily in skills making sure to learn the Old Tounge, Bluff, Preform, Juggling (A point or 2), Profession (Gambler) Maxed.
:smallwink:

Hiro Protagonest
2012-02-20, 08:37 PM
You made two threads. Report one of them (click the report button at the very bottom of your profile in the original post) and request that it's merged with the other.

Anyway, both threads have suggested rogue/marshal. Based on this, I think a bard/warblade (Tome of Battle, for some White Raven and the Base Attack Bonus. Don't use Mountain Hammer on objects or White Raven Tactics for extra actions in a low-op group)/War Chanter (Complete Warrior) 10 with Song of the White Raven. If the bard's music doesn't fit him, just get perform (oratory) ranks and shout commands.

Also, why a draconic aasimar?