PDA

View Full Version : Explorers of Acacia - Main thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

qwertyu63
2012-02-20, 09:39 PM
This is the main thread for Explorers of Acacia.
You are all in the city of Clevefort. Clevefort is a major trading hub, and therefore boasts the largest market in the world. It is noon. Where you are in the city is up to you.

Other threads:
Dice (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233616)
OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233617)
OOC 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240440)

Psymple
2012-02-21, 04:45 AM
"You can't bring that thing in 'ere lad, you'll 'ave to leave it int' stables!"
Two guards cross their Halberds in front of Halaza and Jesskya as they approach the town gates.

The two of them had been approaching the gates side by side at a breif strole.
As they walked admiring the "aging" walls of the trading hub and the rather "rag-tag", yet honest, looking guardsmen who patrolled the walls and guarded the entrance.

"Lad?..."
"Thing?..."
The guards expression falls from unfrendly to confused and he begins to look to his colleague for reassurance...
"We mean no trouble for this city, your fine men of the guard or the merchants here. But I must request entrance for my friend here."

"Im sorry lov but we cant do tha... Aint no girls allowed t'carry swords in 'ere town an certainly ain't no talking 'orses allowed in."
Both men now stand smiling at the girl, their mouths only half full of teeth.

"Just you see here!"
She pushes forward her shield and pokes a plated finger at the crest of her order.
"You see that, that means I hunt tyrany! I destroy those who intend to take away the freedom of others! Be that Red Dragons or Sexist Pigs!..."
She wiggles her shield in the sunlight.
"You see that? Its made of Mythril and is worth more than everything you own, that means I am good at it!
Now step aside!"

Hands held ready to grab her weapon, in case either of them chooses to attack her, she pushes past their halberds and steps into the trading hub.
Jesskya taking the mental cue to follow stays at her heels and they walk through together...

"Come on Jess, first we need somewhere to sell a few things."
She looks up at the darkening sky.
"Then we need to find the local holy-man and get a bed for the night..."

3SecondCultist
2012-02-21, 08:26 AM
Lyral walks at a leisurely pace among the stalls, taking in the sharp, red-black aroma of meat on open fires and the incessant droning of conversation. Dressed in light traveling garb, with a longbow slung on his back, he attracts no more attention than the next mercenary on his way through the crossroads of the world. He watches, listens, and continues, looking for somewhere to sleep, or perhaps some sport.

Hazuki
2012-02-21, 11:14 AM
Dust puffs up as a boot makes a stomp, blue-tinted metal boots coming round the corner and an angered grunt from the tall figure covered in expertly-crafted armor, each indent carved to her muscular form and leaving plenty of room to move the rest of her body. Tall tusks protrude from the lower jaw of the strangely biege half-orc, a curse muttered from her hallowed cheeks while she slips a thick ebony wand into the haversack attached to her side.

Despite the threatening entrance to the market, few seem to be scared of the armed and armored half-orc, her appearance less brutish than most of her kind, a shining silver pendant attached to a loosely hanging white cloak pushed over her shoulders, sparkling like a diamond beneath the light of day. Zrekha moves through the crowd, clearing a path for herself and softly nudging others out of her way through the market, as she searches for any kind of group that looks like they know what they're doing.

Such as an enclave of wizards, a guild building, an adventuring party...

qwertyu63
2012-02-21, 12:44 PM
Despite the threatening entrance to the market, few seem to be scared of the armed and armored half-orc, her appearance less brutish than most of her kind, a shining silver pendant attached to a loosely hanging white cloak pushed over her shoulders, sparkling like a diamond beneath the light of day. Zrekha moves through the crowd, clearing a path for herself and softly nudging others out of her way through the market, as she searches for any kind of group that looks like they know what they're doing.

Your search found no large groups, but you do spot someone (Lyral, to be precise).

razorback
2012-02-21, 03:10 PM
Algrith squinted against the sunlight as he walked down the stairs with Imaran.
They had been in the library for many hours looking up old tomes and scrolls for any scrapes of information. With a little force of will he could ignore the hunger and thirst but his deep dwelling friend did not have his talents. Besides, the food they had sampled in the main market of Clevefort a few days ago was good, even if it came from one of the carts rather than a proper sit-down restaurant.
What should we eat today? The smell of the spiced Tuli Peppers was amazing but the man sellling it smelled worse than an ogre.
He had mentioned it to the man, who promptly told him to stuff it and refused to sell him the Tuli Peppers he was roasting. Mortals could be so touchy.
He hunched up his robes, like those of the mendicant monks of Murcia. He even had his shaved like him. He doubted Janus cared. Algirth realized many years ago that, by looking like one of the begger monks, people tended to leave you alone. Especially bandits. He prefered to be left alone in his pursuits, although Imaran was more than just tolerable. Most people just rubbed him the wrong way. And, as they complained, he rubbed him more than just a little wrong. <Don't really care> he thought to himself as he stumbled the last couple of steps, his nose already in a book.

RCgothic
2012-02-21, 05:47 PM
Lia

I vault a low fence, ducking under branches left and right as I tear away from my pursuers. The baron's men are getting better; learning my skills; anticipating my moves. This will be my last raid, time to find a new cause. It hardly matters. The baron loves nothing more than his money, and I've proved such a threat to it that he'll dare not move it from his estate - not even to pay the wages of his workers. His illegal logging business will soon collapse, and the elvish wood folk who secured my services will no longer fear for their homes.

The wind of my passage presses my veil against my face... it's not strictly necessary in the gloom of the wood, but I haven't found time to remove it since the bright sun earlier. An arrow whistles by several metres overhead, and I pause to return fire. A solid shaft of maplewood buries itself in the man's neck. I listen to the sounds of pursuit - I may be faster, but they're all around and will soon be on me. I've certainly cut this one too close.

In one swift movement I scale the nearest tree and disappear. For half an hour I wait as the baron's men search fruitlessly. Finally they give up, leaving to report their failure. Leaving me alone in the tree.

Alone save for 3000g of the baron's money.

I enter the city of Clevefort two days later. I leave my animals in a stable by the Veyveyr Gate, continuing on foot. One of the guards tries to make out that women aren't allowed weapons, but I just laugh derisively and put him in his place with a blistering flourish. Deciding he'd sooner not be the one attempting to part me from my weapons, he waves me through. The Clevefort watch is notorious for hiring hoodlums, bullies and idiots looking for a way to make themselves look big. I pay them no further mind as I head towards the city's forum.

INoKnowNames
2012-02-21, 06:32 PM
Hm... it looks like a pretty good sized city.... And every nice place has it's darkside.... I bet I can get some information here.

Tarmikos stared at the buildings about him, having just entered Clevefort after hiking for several days. He spun in place several times, admiring the structures and doing a bit of people watching.

After steadying himself from the dizzyness he inflicted upon himself, he started looking around. I suppose I should get started by finding the nearest gathering place. Bet there's a bar of some kind where I could ask a few questions.

A goofy grin spread across his face as he began to march into the heart of the local, his greyish-green cloak flowing behind him, revealing dark blue armor and black boots, as well as asorted weaponry. At the very least, I bet I can find someone to help or something fun to do!

3SecondCultist
2012-02-21, 07:22 PM
Lyral sizes up the orcish foreigner as she approaches. The armor seems to be good quality, although he has not had the need for such toys in some time. However, he spots the wand as she slips it into the haversack. As a fellow hunter, she seems formidable: perhaps she might lead him to more challenging prey in turn. Moving as if to walk past her, he bumps up against her.
"Sorry."

Psymple
2012-02-21, 08:15 PM
Sadly that wasn't the end of the gate fiasco.
Some more guards caught up with Halaza and "insisted" that Jesskya must stay in the stables.
However after telling these guards how she had been treated upon entering the city she was told the incident would be "investigated".

Whether it would she had no idea, she mearly hoped that Jesskya would be well looked after and paid extra care to keep the link between them open to make sure her companion was safe and sound.

Now all she wanted was a place to sit down and relax, her journey to destory the cultists slavery ring had been long and far, a decent bed beckoning her...

With little patience to continue searching for a free bed at a church she headed to the nearest inn... They would charge her but atleast it would be easier to find.

Hazuki
2012-02-21, 09:02 PM
Zrekha moves through the crowd with intent in her eyes, intent to find people that didn't seem to be there. She walks with a slight stomp in each step, getting frustrated in just a few moments before she feels a wiry man bump into her side, causing her to let out a loud snarl at him as she stops dead in her tracks, one muscled hand gripping the large hilt of the greatsword strapped to her black, the hilt embedded with a clear blue crystal, tiny wisps of smoke blowing out of the scabbard, but she does not make a move to assault.

She knew that it would get her in trouble to hit somebody with a sword in this city; it wasn't like the road she knew. She looked the man over; no armor, no weapon, nothing seemed to be on him. Most people gave her at least a little freedom to move through the crowd. A quick narrowing of her ferocious eyes told her that he had magic items adorning his body; not many could afford such things. That meant he'd earned them somehow.

She thinks on her options for a few moments before turning around completely, raising her strong and clear voice for the passing man to hear. "What. Are you doing?"

3SecondCultist
2012-02-21, 10:58 PM
At the orc's seemingly unreasonable outrage, Lyral merely raises his head to look at her. He expresses nothing but the stretched calm of a lake before a storm.
"Just moving along."
He stares at Zrekha with eyes of slate, unblinking.

Demidos
2012-02-22, 02:09 AM
Algrith squinted against the sunlight as he walked down the stairs with Imaran.
They had been in the library for many hours looking up old tomes and scrolls for any scrapes of information. With a little force of will he could ignore the hunger and thirst but his deep dwelling friend did not have his talents. Besides, the food they had sampled in the main market of Clevefort a few days ago was good, even if it came from one of the carts rather than a proper sit-down restaurant.
What should we eat today? The smell of the spiced Tuli Peppers was amazing but the man sellling it smelled worse than an ogre.
He had mentioned it to the man, who promptly told him to stuff it and refused to sell him the Tuli Peppers he was roasting. Mortals could be so touchy.
He hunched up his robes, like those of the mendicant monks of Murcia. He even had his shaved like him. He doubted Janus cared. Algirth realized many years ago that, by looking like one of the begger monks, people tended to leave you alone. Especially bandits. He prefered to be left alone in his pursuits, although Imaran was more than just tolerable. Most people just rubbed him the wrong way. And, as they complained, he rubbed him more than just a little wrong. <Don't really care> he thought to himself as he stumbled the last couple of steps, his nose already in a book.

Imaran opened his mouth to respond, then shut it again, seeing Algirth's nose already buried in a book. He sighed mentally, then answered anyway. Let us see what we can find in the marketplace. Surely there must be something new to try. He was sure that he had been heard in some deep recess of the man's mind, but not particularly paid attention to. He steered Algirth's shoulder towards the market. It was okay. He liked being left to his thoughts. His thoughts wandered. He hoped she was okay. It had been a few days since he had let her out, as he was in a city. His hand twiched towards the manuscript at his belt, but he forced his hand away. Algirth was the first man he had met who was even less aware than he, and so it was up to him to keep them on course -- at least until they found a place to sit in the market.

qwertyu63
2012-02-22, 07:07 AM
At the orc's seemingly unreasonable outrage, Lyral merely raises his head to look at her. He expresses nothing but the stretched calm of a lake before a storm.
"Just moving along."
He stares at Zrekha with eyes of slate, unblinking.

Some people have stopped to watch you two.

With little patience to continue searching for a free bed at a church she headed to the nearest inn... They would charge her but atleast it would be easier to find.

As you turn a corner to start looking for an inn, you finally find a church.

Hazuki
2012-02-22, 10:49 AM
Zrekha locks eyes with the blank-faced man, clickety-clacking the metal of her gauntlet against her greaves. This man looked like he was feral but calm at the same time; like a slave. "Where did you get those?" She asks, directing her finger to the various magical items adorning various parts of the man's body.

Psymple
2012-02-22, 11:06 AM
Ahh a church.
Better be one of the less pious ones...
One that doesn't ring bells on the hour every hour...
I need some serious shut eye.

Halaza stand by the door,
she takes a deep breath and straightens her hair.
She buttons her nobles tunic up to the top of her neck and removes her armoured gauntlets. Then she adjusts her weapon sheaths and checks the belts are tucked into the belt loops.

Finally she pulls her tabard straight and smoothes out the creases so that it hangs down perfectly around her chest and legs.
The bottom is muddy and stained with dirt however the rest has remained mostly dirt free.

Aww damn blood stains!
Why do the evil ones have to bleed so much.

Spotting the small blood stain on her thigh she spits onto the fabric and rubs it with her hands hoping to dull the stain as best she can.

Finally she checks her shield, turning it and looked into it...
The shield seems to shine although it had recently been polished with great care.

Heh, that magical enchantment seems to have other benefits other than just keeping me in one piece.

She reattaches the shield to her arm and steps into the church.

---

Her plated boots sound against the stone floor loudly and the sound penetrates deep into the silence of the church...
There she stand in the doorway of the church, having made herself up her best, waiting for her greeting.

3SecondCultist
2012-02-22, 11:32 AM
Lyral leans in, ensuring that only Zrekha can hear him. She smells of steel and sweat. Delicious. He smiles, the cold grimace not quite reaching his eyes.
"Trappings of prey."
He steals a couple of glances to the crowd that seems to be surveying them now. Moving back, he adopts a casual, but confident stance.
"Follow me."
He begins to walk in a northward direction, to the edge of the busier markets. He does not look back to ensure that Zrekha is following: either she does, or he will find other quarry.

Hazuki
2012-02-22, 12:03 PM
The half-orc stands tall as the man leans towards her, eyes simply watching him. Not many people would choose to move so close until they knew her; especially not when she had to giant weapons attached to her. The man had confidence and magical items; it was enough for her. Pride was not a feature she lacked.

Zrekha keeps her eyes focused on the man as he walks away. If his challenge was for her to follow, she would. Her hands come to rest at her side, and she follows the small man swiftly, and her cloak billows behind her.

3SecondCultist
2012-02-22, 12:21 PM
Lyral waits until he sees what seems to be the entrance to a side street. A small, contented smile steals across his face as he feels the warmth of the late afternoon sun. He can feel the half-orc behind him: her movements lack subtlety. He waits until he is sure that no one is visible, before turning to face her.
"I'm glad you came."
Upon further examination of her, he realizes that she is probably physically stronger than himself. While he certainly has faith in his own speed and durability, he would do well not to underestimate this warrior either. Perhaps he could use a fellow hunter for a while.

qwertyu63
2012-02-22, 02:10 PM
Her plated boots sound against the stone floor loudly and the sound penetrates deep into the silence of the church...
There she stand in the doorway of the church, having made herself up her best, waiting for her greeting.

As you step in, it is very clear that this is a church of Saturn, god of agriculture, justice and strength. Someone walks over to you and inquires as to who you are.

Silva Stormrage
2012-02-22, 03:26 PM
In the church of Saturn Kel takes a break from feeding Silvan some hunted rations to take note of the armor clad stranger.

Kel thinks to himself as he tries to listen to the stranger, Hm, must be a paladin returning. Doesn't seem to be from around here seeming the response of the clergy. Lets see where this goes

Psymple
2012-02-22, 03:33 PM
I am Halaza, a Paladin of Freedom from a small order known as the Copper Hearts.
I seek refuge and a bed for the night.

She holds our a hand towards the man approaching her.
Knowing that they should respect her as a warrior of justice and strength.

Perhaps I can tell you some of my recent adventure,
killing slavers cultists and freeing innocents, over a nice warm drink?

Shazek
2012-02-22, 04:26 PM
Jorah enters the city of Cleveport, tired and dusty from the road. He hopes to find some sort of library or bookshop, and begins searching the city.

RCgothic
2012-02-22, 04:31 PM
Lia

I relax in the shadow of a large brass lion statue, one of a pair guarding the north end of the forum, and nibble at a local pasty. It's the only thing I've bought this morning, and it's succulent, unnamed meat goes a long way towards staving off the hunger that's been slowly building. I haven't found anything wirth buying yet, but I resolve to keep looking during the afternoon and then maybe seek out Cleveport's adventurer's guild later.

Rolled either a 21 (Gather Information) or 24 (Search) to look look for decent bargains in the market.

qwertyu63
2012-02-22, 06:11 PM
I am Halaza, a Paladin of Freedom from a small order known as the Copper Hearts.
I seek refuge and a bed for the night.

She holds our a hand towards the man approaching her.
Knowing that they should respect her as a warrior of justice and strength.

Perhaps I can tell you some of my recent adventure,
killing slavers cultists and freeing innocents, over a nice warm drink?

He says "That sounds like a fine tale. Come, I shall have someone prepare a place for you."

Lia

I relax in the shadow of a large brass lion statue, one of a pair guarding the north end of the forum, and nibble at a local pasty. It's the only thing I've bought this morning, and it's succulent, unnamed meat goes a long way towards staving off the hunger that's been slowly building. I haven't found anything wirth buying yet, but I resolve to keep looking during the afternoon and then maybe seek out Cleveport's adventurer's guild later.

Rolled either a 21 (Gather Information) or 24 (Search) to look look for decent bargains in the market.

Your search pays off. There is a wondrous item shop having a sale at the moment.

Any wondrous item with normal price of 4000 gp or less is available at this store, with a 5% discount.

As it happens, someone did tell you where to find the adventurers guild, which is on the east end of town.

Shazek
2012-02-22, 06:24 PM
Jorah, having had realized that perhaps an inn would be a better place to begin his stay here than a library, decides to put his magical talents to good use to find such a place.
In a public street lacking any who are obviously adventurers or other persons of importance, I spontaneously cast Detect Thoughts via Spontaneous Domains. Will study for the full duration, listening particularly for information on the town itself or inns within it.

qwertyu63
2012-02-22, 06:52 PM
Jorah, having had realized that perhaps an inn would be a better place to begin his stay here than a library, decides to put his magical talents to good use to find such a place.
In a public street lacking any who are obviously adventurers or other persons of importance, I spontaneously cast Detect Thoughts via Spontaneous Domains. Will study for the full duration, listening particularly for information on the town itself or inns within it.

Well, let's see then.

You find that the head sergeant of the guards is hiding among the crowd, trying to find someone, but the who was unclear.

You note a cleric trying and failing to sell some potions of some kind.

Some guy is trying to sneak off to his mistress.

A bard was running through, trying to reach an inn at the south end of town before his employer gets too angry.

A ranger comes along, tracking her two-timing husband.

It would seem the king of this land is dying, and there will soon be a crowning ceremony at the capital, Brunsshire, 20 miles to the north.

Hazuki
2012-02-22, 07:42 PM
Zrekha feels no fear or apprehension as the small man leads her into an alley, simply keeping her stride and a close eye on him. There were stranger people she had met in her time with the merchant enclave; like that one man who purchased a magical girdle in whispers, or that curious halfling who had wanted to buy one of her tusks... She shakes her head clear of remembering; she would get too distracted.

The half-orc's eyes look over the narrow alley they were in. This was good; little room to maneuvere for all of those sneak-thiefs, thinking that the alleys would give them safety. Not even climbing could get them away from her, as she scaled the buildings after them, her blade in hand... She lets out a short growl at herself, coming to a stop in the alley. The man turns to her, offering...a compliment?

"I did." Zrekha speaks, as she retrieves a piece of chalk from the mundane pack on the other side of her armor. "Now what?" She asks, her voice demanding, but not distinctly agressive.

Shazek
2012-02-22, 07:45 PM
Jorah, realizing that none of those in the area save the bard are thinking of an inn of any sort, decides to attempt to follow him to the inn. However, he does make note of the captain of the guard as an unusual occurrence, one which ought to be investigated further at a later time. And, of course, this business of a dying monarch is worthy of thought....
Making Knowledge: Nobility and Knowledge: Local checks about the king. Rolls are 14 and 13, respectively. Should I prove to be unable to follow the bard while thinking on this (and I can make a Concentration check to do so if need be) I will prioritize following the bard.

Silva Stormrage
2012-02-22, 09:42 PM
He says "That sounds like a fine tale. Come, I shall have someone prepare a place for you."

Kel lifts himself up and pets Silvan on the head comforts his companion, I will be back and Silvan curls up and falls asleep. Kel strides over to Halaza and the Clergy and introduces himself to the pair, Hello, would you mind adding a pair of ears to that tale. I am Kel Sarath, a wandering druid, and your tales sounds a delightful way to spend the evening.

qwertyu63
2012-02-22, 09:46 PM
Jorah, realizing that none of those in the area save the bard are thinking of an inn of any sort, decides to attempt to follow him to the inn. However, he does make note of the captain of the guard as an unusual occurrence, one which ought to be investigated further at a later time. And, of course, this business of a dying monarch is worthy of thought....
Making Knowledge: Nobility and Knowledge: Local checks about the king. Rolls are 14 and 13, respectively. Should I prove to be unable to follow the bard while thinking on this (and I can make a Concentration check to do so if need be) I will prioritize following the bard.

No Concentration check will be needed. There is no Local knowledge about the topic here, given the events are in Brunsshire. However, in terms of Nobility, you know that the king, Yeril, has ruled this land for 48 years after his father passed away. Yeril has been of declining health for quite some time now, but rumor has it that he will die in the next few weeks, whereupon his son, Imis, will take the throne.

And the bard does reach the inn after about 10 minutes of frantic wandering, involving no less then 3 wrong turns into dead ends. Luckily, he did not notice you. You stand outside the inn at this time.

After steadying himself from the dizzyness he inflicted upon himself, he started looking around. I suppose I should get started by finding the nearest gathering place. Bet there's a bar of some kind where I could ask a few questions.

Finding such a place took but moments, as you enter through the south gate, you spot a bar right across from an inn. As you watch, a bard runs into the inn, followed by someone who appears to be kind of important (Jorah Derias).

Shazek
2012-02-22, 10:21 PM
Jorah enters the inn a short time after the bard does, intending not to seem suspicious. He intends to approach the proprietor, hoping to purchase a room for the duration of his stay in town, but hesitates momentarily, and glances about the room for the bard, and any other happenings of interest.

Spot Check: 12
Listen Check:15

INoKnowNames
2012-02-22, 10:25 PM
"Wow, both a watering hole and a proper bed! Looks like my luck's pretty good right now!" Tarmikos smile eclipsed most of his face, before disappearing under a look of concern.

"Which way should I go... the inn seems pretty busy... but the sooner I get information, the sooner I can keep going... I have to stay vigilant....

A discomfort accompanied by a rumbling immediately bring Tarmikos' decision to a close. "I'll probably be able to get something to eat and drink quicker at a tavern than at a lodge. And with that, his grin returned as he marched into the bar.

3SecondCultist
2012-02-22, 11:02 PM
The half-orc seems to be quite demanding. It would seem that, like Lyral, she is used to a position of authority, or at least autonomy. While a direct approach would be more likely to succeed, he would still have to tread carefully. The alternative, of course, would be to lose her or kill her, preferably quietly.
"Will you join me on a hunt?"

Psymple
2012-02-23, 02:26 AM
Thank you, I am most grateful for your hospitality.
Halaza gives the stranger an inspection on his approach and uses her abilities to sense his motives as best she can whilst attempting to maintain a friendly and welcoming facial expression.

Kel Sarath? Halaza of the Copper Hearts, pleased to meet you...

She quickly fumbles through he pocket as she is lead past the donation plate into the living quarters of the church.
As she walks past she loudly drops a golden ring, still slightly covered in blood, onto the plate and mutters something.

It is not up to me who is given sanctuary here druid, but if the church allows I would happily share my stores.

qwertyu63
2012-02-23, 07:17 AM
"Wow, both a watering hole and a proper bed! Looks like my luck's pretty good right now!" Tarmikos smile eclipsed most of his face, before disappearing under a look of concern.

"Which way should I go... the inn seems pretty busy... but the sooner I get information, the sooner I can keep going... I have to stay vigilant....

A discomfort accompanied by a rumbling immediately bring Tarmikos' decision to a close. "I'll probably be able to get something to eat and drink quicker at a tavern than at a lodge. And with that, his grin returned as he marched into the bar.

The bar is packed. It seems someone is celebrating something, but the what is unclear. Luckily, the celebration is on one side of the bar, leaving the other side clear for you to get to the bartender. Also on this other side, one of the tables has a dwarf, staring into his half-empty glass, and a elf, staring at the celebration with disdain.

Jorah enters the inn a short time after the bard does, intending not to seem suspicious. He intends to approach the proprietor, hoping to purchase a room for the duration of his stay in town, but hesitates momentarily, and glances about the room for the bard, and any other happenings of interest.

Spot Check: 12
Listen Check:15

The place seems rather empty, except for the bard and his employer (who looks to be a wizard of some kind), who is currently yelling every word for idiot you know, and several you don't. There is also the innkeeper, standing behind a counter.

You hear a faint whispering on the floor above you, but you can't make out what they are saying over the bard's employer.

Hazuki
2012-02-23, 07:31 AM
This man kept speaking in riddles! Maddening to the half-orc, she pushes her chalk against the wall beside her, the tip of it crumbling slightly. "Hunt what?" She asks again, the chalk in her hand making marks against the wall. "Talk clearly this time." She shoves the chalk back into her pack when she is done scrawling an Orcish curse on the wall. She really wanted this man to speak his intentions so she wouldn't be wasting time if he had nothing to offer.

3SecondCultist
2012-02-23, 08:14 AM
This warrior seemed to be thicker than Lyral. Either she was playing up her stupidity, or she simply did not understand his request. Either way, she could be a valuable asset later.
"I hunt the most dangerous game, wherever it can be found. You understand, don't you?"
He seems rather uncomfortable with this much talking, so he withdraws, stealing glances up and down the street, ever wary of approaching figures.

RCgothic
2012-02-23, 08:42 AM
Your search pays off. There is a wondrous item shop having a sale at the moment.

Any wondrous item with normal price of 4000 gp or less is available at this store, with a 5% discount.

As it happens, someone did tell you where to find the adventurers guild, which is on the east end of town.

Lia

I'm glad to have found the sale in Vibius's Item Emporium, but I'm disheartened to find that the more interesting items remain out of my price bracket. I turn an ornate set of gauntlets of ogre power over in my hands, considering the level of discount I'd need to afford them. When the storekeeper who I assume to be Vibius comes over to ask if I need assistance I half think about attempting to haggle, but even if I could get a price I could afford, I still don't know what fees the adventurer's guild would ask for. I sadly decline the shopkeeper's assistance and put the gauntlets back on their pedestal.

With most of the afternoon gone, I determine it to be time to seek out the Adventurer's Guild in the east of the city.

qwertyu63
2012-02-23, 10:33 AM
With most of the afternoon gone, I determine it to be time to seek out the Adventurer's Guild in the east of the city.

After a short walk, you reach the Adventurer's guild. You currently stand outside of the building.

RCgothic
2012-02-23, 04:59 PM
Lia

I stand in the entranceway of the imposing building, and take a moment to tie back my hair into a more businesslike position, and adjust my veil to present an air of maximum mystique. That done, I enter to enquire of the benefits of membership, fees, and any outstanding quests.

Shazek
2012-02-23, 05:06 PM
Jorah dismisses the bard and his employer as irrelevant now, and approaches the innkeeper. "How much might room and board cost me nightly? I am uncertain how long I will be in the city, and need a place to stay."

Silva Stormrage
2012-02-23, 05:42 PM
Thank you, I am most grateful for your hospitality.
Halaza gives the stranger an inspection on his approach and uses her abilities to sense his motives as best she can whilst attempting to maintain a friendly and welcoming facial expression.

Kel Sarath? Halaza of the Copper Hearts, pleased to meet you...

She quickly fumbles through he pocket as she is lead past the donation plate into the living quarters of the church.
As she walks past she loudly drops a golden ring, still slightly covered in blood, onto the plate and mutters something.

It is not up to me who is given sanctuary here druid, but if the church allows I would happily share my stores.

Ah, I have actually been staying here for the past two days Kel motions over to a large wolf curled up in a corner of the church. I do not enjoy staying at inns, too much unwanted noise and distractions. But either way I haven't had much to do in this town recently and am frankly somewhat bored. So yes, tell your tails of valor! I am sure a paladin such as yourself has plenty.

Psymple
2012-02-23, 06:07 PM
Halaza notices the man motion to the Huge wolf curled up in the corner of the church...

Is he friendly?

She says more out of politeness than as a question.
As she moves towards the animal to pet it and admire.

Hes a biggy, how long you two been travelling together? An animal companion can stop you going crazy out on the road, I feel so alone without Jesskya...
Couldnt get her through the city gates, damn idiot guards wouldnt let me bring her in. How did you get this cutie into the city anyway?

qwertyu63
2012-02-23, 06:55 PM
Lia

I stand in the entranceway of the imposing building, and take a moment to tie back my hair into a more businesslike position, and adjust my veil to present an air of maximum mystique. That done, I enter to enquire of the benefits of membership, fees, and any outstanding quests.

As you enter, you see that the main room is mostly empty, except for a small group taking in the corner, and someone official looking. The latter individual calls you over.

Jorah dismisses the bard and his employer as irrelevant now, and approaches the innkeeper. "How much might room and board cost me nightly? I am uncertain how long I will be in the city, and need a place to stay."

"Per night is 5 silver. We've rooms now if you need one."

Hazuki
2012-02-23, 07:31 PM
Zrekha nods from where she stands, keeping her eyes on the man and standing tall as she finally understands what he means. "I can. Who?" Killing people was no problem for her, provided it would in some way help her situation. No reason to waste energy on people with no glory!

3SecondCultist
2012-02-23, 07:53 PM
Lyral smiles: the half-orc seems to be agreeable, for the time being.
"Do you know of any places where challenging quarry might gather? A guild, or at least an inn would do the trick."

RCgothic
2012-02-24, 02:58 AM
As you enter, you see that the main room is mostly empty, except for a small group taking in the corner, and someone official looking. The latter individual calls you over.

I walk over to the official and introduce myself.

"Hello. I'm Arlia Fithispar, and I would like to join. After that, I'll need a room for the night, and I'd also like to enquire about any outstanding quests. My particular talents lie in blade and stealth, but I dabbled in quite a few other areas as well."

What is it about cold opens that always leaves me feeling faintly ridiculous? I await the response.

Hazuki
2012-02-24, 07:06 AM
Zrekha thinks for but a moment before speaking again. "No. I haven't been here long." She says, puffing her chest in pride as she places a hand on the wall. "I know where we can find one easily."

qwertyu63
2012-02-24, 07:30 AM
I walk over to the official and introduce myself.

"Hello. I'm Arlia Fithispar, and I would like to join. After that, I'll need a room for the night, and I'd also like to enquire about any outstanding quests. My particular talents lie in blade and stealth, but I dabbled in quite a few other areas as well."

What is it about cold opens that always leaves me feeling faintly ridiculous? I await the response.

"Ah, welcome Miss Fithispar. To join, I'll just need you to fill out this paperwork." He hands you a simple application form. "You may wish to be aware that we don't have mush in the way of quests for someone of your apparent skill at the moment, unless I am really overestimating you. As for lodging, there are 2 inns in town, the closer of the 2 is south of here."

3SecondCultist
2012-02-24, 08:11 AM
"Lead on, then." Lyral smiles. He has been looking for something beyond just the monotony of hunting elves. Perhaps he will find the adventure of a lifetime.

Hazuki
2012-02-24, 09:43 AM
Zrekha offers Lyral one of her armored hands.

If he takes it:
She clasps her hand around Lyral's wrist tightly, placing her other one against the wall and lifting herself up with a heave of her feet, sticking to the wall like an armored spider. Zrekha climbs up the side of the building with Lyral tightly clasped to her arm, smirking proudly at being able to show off. She climbs until she gets to the rooftop.

3SecondCultist
2012-02-24, 09:56 AM
Following Zrekha's lead, Lyral holds on tightly. He enjoys the close proximity that her grasp allows, drinking in the aura of her effort. He notes the smirk, filing the apparent pride away for future use. Finally, the two finish the climb. Brushing himself off briskly (but not without a measure of regret), Lyral moves to stand apart from the half-orc. Looking over the Cleveport skyline, he cannot help by be amazed by the persistence of civilization.
"Beautiful, isn't it?"
He stands at ease, his muscles assuming the fluidity of quicksilver, readying himself for the journey across the city.
"Where to?"

RCgothic
2012-02-24, 10:50 AM
"Ah, welcome Miss Fithispar. To join, I'll just need you to fill out this paperwork." He hands you a simple application form. "You may wish to be aware that we don't have mush in the way of quests for someone of your apparent skill at the moment, unless I am really overestimating you. As for lodging, there are 2 inns in town, the closer of the 2 is south of here."

Lia

I take the application form from the man and begin to fill it in using a pen drawn from one of my pouches. Like most of my movements, the script is precise and flowing.

"What are the benefits of membership, and how much is the fee?"

razorback
2012-02-24, 12:01 PM
As Algrith and Imaran, a smell brought out Algrith out of his reading.

What in the high realms is that? It was a sweet smell with a bit of charring combined with the roasting of some kind of meat.
That, my friend, is where we will find food! he exclaimed as he put his book away.

qwertyu63
2012-02-24, 02:58 PM
Lia

I take the application form from the man and begin to fill it in using a pen drawn from one of my pouches. Like most of my movements, the script is precise and flowing.

"What are the benefits of membership, and how much is the fee?"

"The major benefits are three-fold. First, any big requests requiring adventurer assistance go through here, making it easier for our members to find work. In addition, some services of use to you are available for an minor fee. Last, but not least, is the fact that we have a deal with the merchants guild, good for a 3% off anything being sold by any guild merchant.

As to the fee, I doubt an adventurer of your skill would even miss the 5 silver monthly fee."

INoKnowNames
2012-02-24, 05:09 PM
Tarmikos immediately walks through the bar to the counter, and attempts to speak to the bartender. "Hello, friend! It seems your business is doing rather well, I take it. Any chance you can serve me as well?" he chats, while looking through the bar.

Silva Stormrage
2012-02-24, 05:49 PM
Halaza notices the man motion to the Huge wolf curled up in the corner of the church...

Is he friendly?

She says more out of politeness than as a question.
As she moves towards the animal to pet it and admire.

Hes a biggy, how long you two been travelling together? An animal companion can stop you going crazy out on the road, I feel so alone without Jesskya...
Couldnt get her through the city gates, damn idiot guards wouldnt let me bring her in. How did you get this cutie into the city anyway?

Oh yes of course he is. We have been traveling for quite some time about 4 years if my poor memory is correct, mostly just wandering between towns trying to help out either the town or the wildlife.

Yes I had similar difficulties with the guards, they just seemed focused on the fact that Silvan is over 800 pounds and wouldn't let him in. I left, used my druidic magic to shrink Silvan to the size of a normal dog and convinced them that I was blind and he was my seeing eye dog. Normally I don't trick guards like that but I felt it was necessary. I have long since dismissed the spell, Silvan hates the effect.

And you have a companion as well? Is he a horse? It seems definitely odd that they wouldn't let him into the city.

Psymple
2012-02-24, 06:18 PM
Halaza giggles and continues to play with the massive wolf.
Nodding listening to the druids tale.
She laughs quite loudly at his method of bringing him into the city and particularly picks up on his regret at having to lie to city guards.

No not a horse...
Jesskya is special, and I am particularly fortunate that I am able to travel with her. She's a Unicorn... And I am fortunate enough for her to have chosen me as her companion as much as I have chosen her as mine.

Halaza suddenly realises just how heavy the animals head is in her arms and that it must be rather tired. She leans in and kisses it on the head and then stands back up.

Shall we find some comfy seats by a fire somewhere and exchange those tales then? I think your "seeing eye dog" could use a rest.

Halaza winks to the druid and motions to a door.

There must be a fire somewhere in this church.

Hazuki
2012-02-24, 06:24 PM
Zrekha approaches the edge of the rooftop, looking down at the scuttling people of the city below her. It was quite grand...giving her the feeling of being above all of them. She gestures widely across the skyline. "You said you hunt. Use your eyes."

Silva Stormrage
2012-02-24, 06:31 PM
Kel smiles, Yes a unicorn is a magnificent creature. I have seen many throughout my travels and they always seem to amaze me. Still seems strange to me that the guard wouldn't let Jesskya into the city. Well, regardless lets go find that fire. Now I am even more interested in your tales, a paladin and a unicorn must have many wondrous tales to tell.

As they start to leave Kel pulls out some spare dried meat from his pouch and tosses it to Silvan. Silvan lifts his head up and devours the food before slumping back to sleep.

RCgothic
2012-02-24, 06:54 PM
"The major benefits are three-fold. First, any big requests requiring adventurer assistance go through here, making it easier for our members to find work. In addition, some services of use to you are available for an minor fee. Last, but not least, is the fact that we have a deal with the merchants guild, good for a 3% off anything being sold by any guild merchant.

As to the fee, I doubt an adventurer of your skill would even miss the 5 silver monthly fee."

Lia
"As you say, The fee won't be a problem." I tell him, completing the form and placing 5 silver coins engraved with the head of the soon to be late king on the counter. "Now I have more errands to run so I must be going, but I'll stop by frequently, perhaps you can tell me about your additional services then? Do let me know if anything comes up that I can help with."

With that concluded, I'll set off to find a bank.

Psymple
2012-02-24, 07:20 PM
With a little effort and some kind words with one of the Church attendants the two find a small room in the back of the church with a small empty half and two swaybacked chairs.

Indeed, well I don't know where to begin Kel... Jesskya gives me more than just her company, she holds a great wisdom I am lucky to have shared with me..

Halaza's eyes are on the fire, fixated in its dancing flames and crackling sparks.

Even first meeting her she shared with me some of that wisdom. We were chasing down a Red Dragon in charge of a great number of evil deeds in the local area. Me and some of my Order were accompanying a Copper Dragon, Haileh was her name, and we were close on its tail.

The fight was terrible... we... we lost Haileh...
A large tear rolls down her cheek and she wipes it away with her tabard
Celestial tears aigh... Maybe it will ward off Infernals now...
Anyway... We lost Haileh and two of my Order.
As the fight raged on and the Dragon was on its last it fleeing it lead us to its lair where we finally slay the beast.

That's when we found her nest, and the huge dragon egg in the fire.
As we stood deciding what to do we heard the ominous sound of cracking and then the small screeching noises of the beasts offspring bursting into our world.

That's when we noticed Jesskya.

A voice in her head seems to talk in synchronisation along with her.
Emotions: Happiness, Nostalgia and Love all seem to rush through Halaza's head and she can feel Jesskya.

Don't you dare touch that child
Yes, yes I remember Jesskya...

Another large tear rolls down Halaza's face and she mops it up again with her Tabard.

We wanted to kill it... her... Innocent and new into the world,
and we would have killed it in vengeance of crimes that were not hers.

Her face now very wet from tears and her pale celestial skin seems to have a flush of pink making her seem so much more human. Even with all the tears she still does not look sad, a huge smile is spread across her face.

After convincing us otherwise, she accompanied us back to the Dragon Enclave to ensure it was to be raised as a Metallic Dragon and taught to be good despite its nature...

That was a few years ago now, wonder how little Haileh is doing...

Finishing her story she looks to the druid opposite her.

Excuse me, being apart from her must be getting to me, I was meant to tell you about killing cultists and freeing slaves. Not soppy stories about Dragons and Unicorns...

Shazek
2012-02-24, 07:39 PM
I am in need of a room, and will pay that price gladly. I will likely be staying in the city for a good time yet, and would like to pay for a week after today as well. Would that be acceptable?

With this, Jorah places four gold pieces on the table.

qwertyu63
2012-02-24, 08:31 PM
Tarmikos immediately walks through the bar to the counter, and attempts to speak to the bartender. "Hello, friend! It seems your business is doing rather well, I take it. Any chance you can serve me as well?" he chats, while looking through the bar.

"Of course I can. What do ya want?"

Lia
"As you say, The fee won't be a problem." I tell him, completing the form and placing 5 silver coins engraved with the head of the soon to be late king on the counter. "Now I have more errands to run so I must be going, but I'll stop by frequently, perhaps you can tell me about your additional services then? Do let me know if anything comes up that I can help with."

With that concluded, I'll set off to find a bank.

The man handed you a guild identification card before you left. As for the bank, you find that rather quickly.

I am in need of a room, and will pay that price gladly. I will likely be staying in the city for a good time yet, and would like to pay for a week after today as well. Would that be acceptable?

With this, Jorah places four gold pieces on the table.

"That's fine." the innkeeper says, handing you a key. He points to a room and says "You're in that room. Have a good day." He starts noting something down.

INoKnowNames
2012-02-24, 09:06 PM
Tarmikos takes a seat, and leans forward, one elbow on the bar.

"I'm actually looking for some information."

Though his naive smile still remained in place, the shift in his tone immediately reveals his seriousness.

"I'm a traveler. And it seems like this would be the kind of place where a person could get some information... even if it wasn't the most positive of information...

His disposition immediately switches back to a more friendly state.

"And maybe something sweet to drink if my previous offer is a bit too much."

Can I take 10 on a Diplomacy Check for the sake of getting the Bartender to be willing to supply Information to Gather? Also, what does the Bartender look like? I honestly don't remember him/her being decribed...

Shazek
2012-02-24, 09:36 PM
Having concluded his business of finding a place to stay, Jorah feels the need to find something to do. He remembers noticing a bar across from the inn as he entered, and walks to it. He enters cautiously, not much a fan of the atmosphere of such places.

Silva Stormrage
2012-02-24, 10:01 PM
With a little effort and some kind words with one of the Church attendants the two find a small room in the back of the church with a small empty half and two swaybacked chairs.

Indeed, well I don't know where to begin Kel... Jesskya gives me more than just her company, she holds a great wisdom I am lucky to have shared with me..

Halaza's eyes are on the fire, fixated in its dancing flames and crackling sparks.

Even first meeting her she shared with me some of that wisdom. We were chasing down a Red Dragon in charge of a great number of evil deeds in the local area. Me and some of my Order were accompanying a Copper Dragon, Haileh was her name, and we were close on its tail.

The fight was terrible... we... we lost Haileh...
A large tear rolls down her cheek and she wipes it away with her tabard
Celestial tears aigh... Maybe it will ward off Infernals now...
Anyway... We lost Haileh and two of my Order.
As the fight raged on and the Dragon was on its last it fleeing it lead us to its lair where we finally slay the beast.

That's when we found her nest, and the huge dragon egg in the fire.
As we stood deciding what to do we heard the ominous sound of cracking and then the small screeching noises of the beasts offspring bursting into our world.

That's when we noticed Jesskya.

A voice in her head seems to talk in synchronisation along with her.
Emotions: Happiness, Nostalgia and Love all seem to rush through Halaza's head and she can feel Jesskya.

Yes, yes I remember Jesskya...

Another large tear rolls down Halaza's face and she mops it up again with her Tabard.

We wanted to kill it... her... Innocent and new into the world,
and we would have killed it in vengeance of crimes that were not hers.

Her face now very wet from tears and her pale celestial skin seems to have a flush of pink making her seem so much more human. Even with all the tears she still does not look sad, a huge smile is spread across her face.

After convincing us otherwise, she accompanied us back to the Dragon Enclave to ensure it was to be raised as a Metallic Dragon and taught to be good despite its nature...

That was a few years ago now, wonder how little Haileh is doing...

Finishing her story she looks to the druid opposite her.

Excuse me, being apart from her must be getting to me, I was meant to tell you about killing cultists and freeing slaves. Not soppy stories about Dragons and Unicorns...

Kel listens intently to the story as he warms himself by the fire. After Halaza finishes Kel simply laughs, Don't feel bad about telling me such a tale! I simply was bored this evening, and that was a fascinating tale! The night is still young and you can tell me about the cultists and slaves as well. Though I do have a question about your tale. Why was Jesskya in the dragon's cave in the first place? It seems an odd place for a unicorn to be.

Demidos
2012-02-24, 11:21 PM
As Algrith and Imaran, a smell brought out Algrith out of his reading.

What in the high realms is that? It was a sweet smell with a bit of charring combined with the roasting of some kind of meat.
That, my friend, is where we will find food! he exclaimed as he put his book away.

Imaran smiles slightly at his friend's excitement. Then let us not delay. A stall off to the left was producing the wonderful aroma. Moving closer, Imaran found a friendly-enough looking short, thickset man minding the booth. What kind of roast is that, and how much would it cost for two?

Psymple
2012-02-25, 03:37 AM
Kel listens intently to the story as he warms himself by the fire. After Halaza finishes Kel simply laughs, Don't feel bad about telling me such a tale! I simply was bored this evening, and that was a fascinating tale! The night is still young and you can tell me about the cultists and slaves as well. Though I do have a question about your tale. Why was Jesskya in the dragon's cave in the first place? It seems an odd place for a unicorn to be.

Haha seems tonight I am a regular bard of sorts.

Halaza smiles in Kel's direction her eyes still mystified by the fire.

What was she doing in the cave? It was her forest you see, two dragons and several paladins on horse back had rampaged through it and she had followed at a distance in the shadows.
She had been looking to heal any wounded members of our order and investigate what we were upto within her land.

A loud and long gurgling rumble comes from Halaza's stomach and she suddenly remembers she has not eaten in rather a while.

Hmm the church must have something to eat surely, but that might be pushing my luck abit far, they have already given me so much...
Perhaps the church has a young serf I can send on an errand for me?

The chair is so comfy on her worn body that she doesnt want to get up from it at all.

RCgothic
2012-02-25, 06:20 AM
The man handed you a guild identification card before you left. As for the bank, you find that rather quickly.

Lia

I thank the man for his time, and head out. As it turns out, there's a bank just across the road, so I open an account and deposit the 3000g I took from the baron. Mostly it's for safekeeping - my own recent quest had shown how foolhardy it can be to carry large sums of money around. And perhaps it'll even accrue some interest as well! If I can't find any items to spend it on, perhaps there are some investment opportunities? What would a noble do with 3000g? Besides paying people to cut down a thousand year old elven forest. I make a mental note to find out later.

With that task completed, I search for the Inn the man at the Adventurer's Guild had said was closer.

qwertyu63
2012-02-25, 08:14 AM
Tarmikos takes a seat, and leans forward, one elbow on the bar.

"I'm actually looking for some information."

Though his naive smile still remained in place, the shift in his tone immediately reveals his seriousness.

"I'm a traveler. And it seems like this would be the kind of place where a person could get some information... even if it wasn't the most positive of information...

His disposition immediately switches back to a more friendly state.

"And maybe something sweet to drink if my previous offer is a bit too much."

Can I take 10 on a Diplomacy Check for the sake of getting the Bartender to be willing to supply Information to Gather? Also, what does the Bartender look like? I honestly don't remember him/her being decribed...

"Ah, you want to know things, a noble pursuit. I know quite a bit. What you want to know?" he says, following it up with "And what do you want to drink?"

I never did describe him, except as the Bartender. He is a male human, slightly above average height, looks to be in his 50's, and is bald.

Also, I am now sitting here trying to remember which character has what information.

Having concluded his business of finding a place to stay, Jorah feels the need to find something to do. He remembers noticing a bar across from the inn as he entered, and walks to it. He enters cautiously, not much a fan of the atmosphere of such places.

The bar is packed. It seems someone is celebrating something, but the what is unclear. Luckily, the celebration is on one side of the bar, leaving the other side clear for you to get to the bartender. Also on this other side, one of the tables has a dwarf, staring into his half-empty glass, and a elf, staring at the celebration with disdain. At the bar sits someone who looks to be a fellow adventurer (Tarmikos).

Copy-pasting the last time I described this place, adding on Tarmikos, of course.

Imaran smiles slightly at his friend's excitement. Then let us not delay. A stall off to the left was producing the wonderful aroma. Moving closer, Imaran found a friendly-enough looking short, thickset man minding the booth. What kind of roast is that, and how much would it cost for two?

The man says "Bison meat. 1 silver each."

Lia

I thank the man for his time, and head out. As it turns out, there's a bank just across the road, so I open an account and deposit the 3000g I took from the baron. Mostly it's for safekeeping - my own recent quest had shown how foolhardy it can be to carry large sums of money around. And perhaps it'll even accrue some interest as well! If I can't find any items to spend it on, perhaps there are some investment opportunities? What would a noble do with 3000g? Besides paying people to cut down a thousand year old elven forest. I make a mental note to find out later.

With that task completed, I search for the Inn the man at the Adventurer's Guild had said was closer.

You reach it without incident. You stand outside the inn.

Haha seems tonight I am a regular bard of sorts.

Halaza smiles in Kel's direction her eyes still mystified by the fire.

What was she doing in the cave? It was her forest you see, two dragons and several paladins on horse back had rampaged through it and she had followed at a distance in the shadows.
She had been looking to heal any wounded members of our order and investigate what we were upto within her land.

A loud and long gurgling rumble comes from Halaza's stomach and she suddenly remembers she has not eaten in rather a while.

Hmm the church must have something to eat surely, but that might be pushing my luck abit far, they have already given me so much...
Perhaps the church has a young serf I can send on an errand for me?

The chair is so comfy on her worn body that she doesnt want to get up from it at all.

Some young boy walks over with some food for you, saying "Here you are, paladin lady. Enjoy."

Psymple
2012-02-25, 09:03 AM
Some young boy walks over with some food for you, saying "Here you are, paladin lady. Enjoy."

She calls the young boy back as he begins to walk off.

Excuse me young one,

She rummages in her pocket and pulls out a coin purse.
From that she takes two gold coins and passes them to the boy.

I have a special horse that I need to make sure get very good care in the cities stables.
Could you go and make sure the person in charge of caring for it gets one of those coins...
As to the other, I bet there is a bakery in the city isnt there...

She smiles at the boy

And I bet that bakery sells huge cakes and buns that look really yummy eigh?
Go on, take that extra coin and buy as many of those cakes as you can eat.

qwertyu63
2012-02-25, 09:46 AM

Excuse me young one,

I have a special horse that I need to make sure get very good care in the cities stables.
Could you go and make sure the person in charge of caring for it gets one of those coins...

She smiles at the boy

"Of course. Thank you, miss." He says, then he runs off, out the doors.

RCgothic
2012-02-25, 10:28 AM
You reach it without incident. You stand outside the inn.

Lia

I continue to muse on investments as I reach the inn. Perhaps property would be a sound idea. I've never had a place of my own before, and it would mean an end to staying at inns...

Without further distraction, I enter the inn, taking in my surroundings, and approach the innkeeper to book a room for the night.

Spot: 13
Listen: 17

Out of curiousity, why do we have a separate dice thread? Is it just so we're vaguely aware of how well we've done before we post?

qwertyu63
2012-02-25, 10:59 AM
Lia

I continue to muse on investments as I reach the inn. Perhaps property would be a sound idea. I've never had a place of my own before, and it would mean an end to staying at inns...

Without further distraction, I enter the inn, taking in my surroundings, and approach the innkeeper to book a room for the night.

Spot: 13
Listen: 17

Out of curiousity, why do we have a separate dice thread? Is it just so we're vaguely aware of how well we've done before we post?

You hear what sounds like 2 people on the floor above you having a conversation. You hear something about a Paladin or something.

As you approach the counter, the innkeeper informs you that it is 5 silver a night.

That and so you can't edit your post to reroll the dice before I see the first roll. I trust you guys, but better safe than sorry.

razorback
2012-02-25, 11:29 AM
With a childish grin, Algrith reaches into his pouch and produces the 2 pieces of silver.
Looking at Imaran he talkes excitedly.
I've never seen a bison, much less eaten one. Enri Na'Mar, in 1247 of the Lutiman calender wrote an interesting treatise regarding the bison. Apparently, besides a bit of hunting and gathering, the people of the plains have a culture based on the movements of the bison. It's interesting how, on one hand, they revere it as the giver of life and yet still consume it. Interesting, interesting.
As they were handed their food, they started to wander off to find somewhere to sit.
Were you able to find information on what you were looking for? I was able to find some notes on the Tama-Ichai Codex in some of the books I went through. It would seem that, at one point, there was an elf by the name of Esilia Cinthar who was purported to have owned it in his personal collection, but that was over 100 years ago. He died nearly 60 years ago, so I'm wondering what his heirs did with his estate and what other works he might have had in his collection.
Finding a pair of benches near a small park, they sat and ate.
Well, whatever vegetable this is sure smells sweeter than it tastes. This meat is absolutely marvelous, though.
He ate, completely unaware of the juices dripping down his face, giving the looks of an overgrown child with a candy.

RCgothic
2012-02-25, 11:32 AM
Lia

I pay the five silver - beginning to seem like the standard charge in this town!

"Thank you sir." I ponder the overheard conversation and add: "Are there any other adventurer's like myself staying this evening?"

qwertyu63
2012-02-25, 11:37 AM
Lia

I pay the five silver - beginning to seem like the standard charge in this town!

"Thank you sir." I ponder the overheard conversation and add: "Are there any other adventurer's like myself staying this evening?"

"One so far, they're over at the bar just across the road."

Speaking of rolling dice: I rolled a spot check for Lyral which got a 23 (honestly, getting some pretty mediocre rolls so far) to see whether he could perceive any significant places to go from the rooftop. qwerty, you have yet to give me a response, so I'm still waiting.

Well, you see the Church to the south-east from your current location. You can barely make out city hall, which is to the far west.

INoKnowNames
2012-02-25, 12:44 PM
Tarmikos' mood once again turns serious as his mind dwells upon memories. Distant though they may be, they haunt him like vivid nightmares.

"Do you know anything about any local crime rings? I'm trying to locate someone. It's a long shot, but if he's around here, he'd definitely be up to trouble."

Tarmikos attempts to bring his smile back to center form. "I'd like your sweetest strawberry flavored drink. With extra sugar, if you please."

Tarmikos reaches into his bag, and pulls out another bag. He reaches into that bag, and extracts a shiny platinum coin. He puts the money bag into his travel bag, and puts the coin on the counter.

The Dice Roller and I aren't friends right now, so I'd totally love to take 10 on a Gather Information Check for a total of 23.

qwertyu63
2012-02-25, 01:05 PM
Tarmikos' mood once again turns serious as his mind dwells upon memories. Distant though they may be, they haunt him like vivid nightmares.

"Do you know anything about any local crime rings? I'm trying to locate someone. It's a long shot, but if he's around here, he'd definitely be up to trouble."

Tarmikos attempts to bring his smile back to center form. "I'd like your sweetest strawberry flavored drink. With extra sugar, if you please."

Tarmikos reaches into his bag, and pulls out another bag. He reaches into that bag, and extracts a shiny platinum coin. He puts the money bag into his travel bag, and puts the coin on the counter.

The Dice Roller and I aren't friends right now, so I'd totally love to take 10 on a Gather Information Check for a total of 23.

He starts making your drink, while saying "Well, as to local crime, this town has the largest black market in the world, but something tells me you are looking for violent crime." He looks at your coin, and says "I'll start a tab." He hands you your drink.

INoKnowNames
2012-02-25, 01:14 PM
"I figured if anywhere, it would be a shame to not try to search here." Tarmikos responded. "Such a big city is certainly to cast quite a shadow. And yes, the person I have in mind isn't a petty thief. Any sort of crime is game with him."

It'll be tough enough to find him, let alone stop him. Who knows what he's already done here. Who else he's already killed... he thinks to himself, a tear falling onto his lap.

Tarmikos is lost in thought as he takes a sip of the drink, when he immediately stops. "Um... any chance you could let me have a bit more sugar?" he asks, a shy, apologetic smile crossing his face.

Shazek
2012-02-25, 01:15 PM
Jorah, noticing the adventurer sitting at the bar is conversing with the bartender, sits down at the far end. Out of curiosity, he attempts to listen in on their conversation.

Listen Check: 10. If I cannot hear the conversation, I will simply wait for the bartender to notice me.

3SecondCultist
2012-02-25, 01:35 PM
From his vantage point, Lyral sees a church in the distance, as well as an administrative building that he would have to assume was a well-funded private office, or perhaps city hall.
"One of those two." He points at the locations, pausing for a moment. It has been some time since he had seen the inside of a temple. Flashes of memory jump through his brain, reminding him of the last incident with the priests of Mars. That had not ended favorably. However, he was willing to wager that a church such as that did not belong to a god of war. No, the altar of Mars is on every battlefield.
"The church, then." Grinning at Zrekha, he begins to make his way across the rooftops.

qwertyu63
2012-02-25, 01:53 PM
"I figured if anywhere, it would be a shame to not try to search here." Tarmikos responded. "Such a big city is certainly to cast quite a shadow. And yes, the person I have in mind isn't a petty thief. Any sort of crime is game with him."

It'll be tough enough to find him, let alone stop him. Who knows what he's already done here. Who else he's already killed... he thinks to himself, a tear falling onto his lap.

Tarmikos is lost in thought as he takes a sip of the drink, when he immediately stops. "Um... any chance you could let me have a bit more sugar?" he asks, a shy, apologetic smile crossing his face.

The bartender puts some more in your drink. "By the way, it seems someone is trying to listen in on us."

Jorah, noticing the adventurer sitting at the bar is conversing with the bartender, sits down at the far end. Out of curiosity, he attempts to listen in on their conversation.

Listen Check: 10. If I cannot hear the conversation, I will simply wait for the bartender to notice me.

He (The bartender) says "Come over here guy. No need to be shy."

INoKnowNames
2012-02-25, 01:57 PM
Tarmikos turns to the person pointed out by the bartender and waves."Hello, friend! He's right; come on over! I'll buy you a drink!"

Tarmikos turns back to the bartender. "I should be able to pay for someone else's drink with one of these, right? How much are the drinks here, if you don't mind my asking?"

He takes another sip of his drink, then looks sheepishly at the bartender. Pardon me, but do you mind some more sugar, please?

Shazek
2012-02-25, 02:11 PM
Jorah winces at being caught, and regretfully walks over to the two men.

Hello, friends. I apologize for eavesdropping. I was simply curious as to what you are speaking of. Perhaps I could assist you, in apology? I am a mage of some ability, and my deity has granted me powers as well.

As he finishes saying this, Jorah pulls out a seat and sits to the left of Tarmikos.

Silva Stormrage
2012-02-25, 02:49 PM

Excuse me young one,

She smiles at the boy

Kel smiles Well that child will be eating well tonight. And I am sure Jesskya will be fine, even the guards probably won't hurt a unicorn. But yes, tell me about the cultists you just vanquished. I hadn't heard of any cults or necromancers in the area and am most curious about them. [/color]

Demidos
2012-02-25, 03:21 PM
With a childish grin, Algrith reaches into his pouch and produces the 2 pieces of silver.
Looking at Imaran he talkes excitedly.
I've never seen a bison, much less eaten one. Enri Na'Mar, in 1247 of the Lutiman calender wrote an interesting treatise regarding the bison. Apparently, besides a bit of hunting and gathering, the people of the plains have a culture based on the movements of the bison. It's interesting how, on one hand, they revere it as the giver of life and yet still consume it. Interesting, interesting.
As they were handed their food, they started to wander off to find somewhere to sit.
Were you able to find information on what you were looking for? I was able to find some notes on the Tama-Ichai Codex in some of the books I went through. It would seem that, at one point, there was an elf by the name of Esilia Cinthar who was purported to have owned it in his personal collection, but that was over 100 years ago. He died nearly 60 years ago, so I'm wondering what his heirs did with his estate and what other works he might have had in his collection.
Finding a pair of benches near a small park, they sat and ate.
Well, whatever vegetable this is sure smells sweeter than it tastes. This meat is absolutely marvelous, though.
He ate, completely unaware of the juices dripping down his face, giving the looks of an overgrown child with a candy.

Imaran chews neatly, careful to keep his attire spotless. Interesting. I was searching for information about a certain type of weapon I saw once, a long time ago, back in the Underdark. But this Tama-Ichai Codex sounds intriguing. What have you found out so far about it, or its location?

INoKnowNames
2012-02-25, 03:23 PM
"It's no problem friend. Just asking if there's anyone in the area that I might know. I'm new here. My name is Tarmikos Silverkin, by the way." Tarmikos responds, patting the man on the back. "Hm... I suppose I could use the help... but maybe at a later date. Perhaps I can find a way to contact you, or you me, Mister...." Tarmikos trails, obviously asking for the name of the man.

Shazek
2012-02-25, 03:26 PM
I am called Jorah Derias, and I, too, am new here. As a matter of fact, I am staying at the inn across from here. I do not know how long I will stay, but feel free to inquire there if you wish to contact me.

Psymple
2012-02-25, 03:42 PM
Yes he hopefully will feed himself up well.

She stands up and begins to undo the buckles around the sides of her full plate.

I imagine that boy isn't destined for much more than serving here in this church... A worthy duty of course but... Only for the devout. Maybe if he polishes himself up and works on his manners he would make a good squire to a noble one day... Its tough, but the food is good and if you serve the right family you can have a comfy retirement.

She gestures towards Kel,
Couldn't give me a hand with this armour could you?

INoKnowNames
2012-02-25, 03:46 PM
Tarmikos smiles. "Well, isn't that fate? I was planning on taking a room at that inn if I could. But I wanted to ask around a bit first. I can rest when I'm dead, am I right? Stil, I'll definitely keep that place in mind, Jorah. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Silva Stormrage
2012-02-25, 05:00 PM
Yes he hopefully will feel himself up well.

She stands up and begins to undo the buckles around the sides of her full plate.

I imagine that boy isnt destined for much more than serving here in this church... A worthy duty ofcourse but... Only for the devout. Maybe if he polishes himself up and works on his manners he would make a good squre to a noble one day... Its tough, but the food is good and if you serve the right family you can have a comfy retirement.

She gestures towards Kel,
Couldnt give me a hand with this armour could you?

Kel gets up to help her. Ah of course, I am sure that full plate is not the most comfortable armor to wear. Though actually, talking about food is starting to get me hungry as well. Kel reaches into his pack and pulls out a single berry and plops it into his mouth. Do you want one? Its fortified with druidic magic and has the same nutritional value as a full meal

Psymple
2012-02-25, 05:18 PM
Halaza slides the full-plate over her head with the help of Kel and then removes her armoured shoulder pauldrons, elbow plates, grieves and boots.

Underneath the armour she wears a very expensive noble tunic, again emblazoned with her Orders duelling dragons motif. She reaches down and picks up her tabard and pulls it over her head over the tunic and sits back down in the reclining arm chair.

Thank you for the offer sir but I still have my food here from the boy, and now I am out of my combat gear I can settle down and eat it.

She takes a spoon full of the bland looking food and places it into her mouth.
A large smile glowing on her face, raising her eye brows in a subtle but noticable manner she chews and swallows the food.

Yummy...

The food is bland and yet she seems to be enjoying the meal so much. Even through he sarcasm it is obvious that the meal is appreciated.

So tell me druid... Kel... How did you end up here eigh?
Tell me one of you tales and I promise to finally share my stores of cultist and slavers...

Halaza sits contently, comfortably as she eats her meal listening to what the druid has to say.

Hazuki
2012-02-25, 06:11 PM
Zrekha nods at the hunter, following him across the rooftops with leaps, clinging to the walls of the buildings she couldn't quite leap onto and swinging herself up in swift motions, towards the church.

qwertyu63
2012-02-26, 07:12 AM
Tarmikos turns back to the bartender. "I should be able to pay for someone else's drink with one of these, right? How much are the drinks here, if you don't mind my asking?"

He takes another sip of his drink, then looks sheepishly at the bartender. Pardon me, but do you mind some more sugar, please?

"It depends what you're drinking. Most stuff is 3 copper a glass, but the really nice stuff is 1 silver. And sir, you are drinking some of the nice stuff."

He just sits the container of sugar on the table and says "Why don't you put the right amount in then?"

Sorry it's late, I was busy yesterday chatting with my sister.

razorback
2012-02-26, 10:07 AM
I am unsure about its contents but it would seem that it has to do with the royal lineage of the Tama-Ichai family who ruled an area of mixed jungle and farmlands thousands of years ago. While they were small and isolated, they managed to fight back the Yuan-Ti who pervaded that land. Then, one day, if the story is to be believed, traders came on their monthly caravan and the cities were completely deserted. No bodies or signs of violence and everything was intact. It was like everyone in the small empire just stopped one day and left but no one has a record of running into them afterwards. Very peculiar. But, the Codex was purported to be found on a pedestal in the temple of one of their gods open to a page that described the coming of said god. Who knows, maybe they found their god. The Codex has moved over the years in the hands of private collectors.
Chomping noisily at a bit of bison with a smile on his face, he continued
Some say that possessing the Codex raises one standing, financially, at least for a time. While past history may show some similarities, the two are probably only superficially related. Owners, on the upswing to wealth in power, by their nature, want to possess something that shows they can afford luxuries they can prominently display before their peers. Buying something like the Codex would just be a showing of being on the same standing as their peers, financially, I would imagine.
With that he finished all but a last bit of fatty and nerve filled bison, which he shrugged his shoulders and nonchalantly threw over his shoulder, which evoked an exclamation from a passerby.

INoKnowNames
2012-02-26, 10:53 AM
"Wow... I had forgotten how far money can go... I could probably pay for drinks for the entire bar with just this..." he examined the platinum coin.

"Hm... You know what? I think I'll do just that. Let everyone who comes in get a free drink on me. And hopefully there will be enough at the day's end for you to pocket some." Tarmikos says with a smile as he returns the coin to the counter.

He then looks at the container of sugar, his eyes widening in youthful eagerness. "You don't mind?" he asks, almost salivating at the sugar.

's cool, dawg.

RCgothic
2012-02-26, 12:30 PM
Lia

I thank the innkeeper again and cross the road to the bar. As the sun has now gone inn, I feel comfortable removing my veil, and I shake my hair out of the pony tail I'd done it up in earlier for this more casual environment. I then enter the bar, looking around for the Adventurer mentioned by the innkeeper and also generally taking in the room.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Silva Stormrage
2012-02-26, 04:11 PM
Halaza slides the full-plate over her head with the help of Kel and then removes her armoured shoulder pauldrons, elbow plates, grieves and boots.

Underneath the armour she wears a very expensive noble tunic, again emblazoned with her Orders duelling dragons motif. She reaches down and picks up her tabard and pulls it over her head over the tunic and sits back down in the reclining arm chair.

Thank you for the offer sir but I still have my food here from the boy, and now I am out of my combat gear I can settle down and eat it.

She takes a spoon full of the bland looking food and places it into her mouth.
A large smile glowing on her face, raising her eye brows in a subtle but noticable manner she chews and swallows the food.

Yummy...

The food is bland and yet she seems to be enjoying the meal so much. Even through he sarcasm it is obvious that the meal is appreciated.

So tell me druid... Kel... How did you end up here eigh?
Tell me one of you tales and I promise to finally share my stores of cultist and slavers...

Halaza sits contently, comfortably as she eats her meal listening to what the druid has to say.

Kel laughs to himself I guess thats a fair trade, a tale for a tale. Lets see, well you told how you met Jesskya so I think its fits if I tell you how I met Silvan. Now, as I said earlier I am wanderer, I go from town to town, from forest to forest and search for places that need aid. One such town by the name of Hearthglen was quite interesting for me. I could feel the forest call out in pain, and I could see swathes of forest burned and destroyed, not by natural forest fires but by intentional burning of the forest. But when I asked around in the town no one even acknowledged it. In fact after asking around for quite a while, I simply assumed it was some local monster the inhabitants were terrified of, the mayor himself simply asked me to leave the town! Needless to say I left the town and started searching through the forest. I took the form of an eagle and soared over the forest and eventually after about two days of searching I found something.
Kel catches his breath and then continues with the story
As I was flying over the forest suddenly I saw a single tree catch fire, then the one next to it, then another. I quickly flew down to see the area and much to my surprise I saw hearthglen guards wielding torches! I landed and shifted back to my normal form and asked what on earth they were doing. They clearly weren't in the mood to talk though and simply drew their swords and attacked me. There were too many for me to handle though and I probably would have died if not for the intervention of an orc war party. They came out of nowhere and quickly defeated the remaining humans. Thankfully, one of them was also a druid, druids have a language that they practice to always communicate with one another so I could explain my situation to the orc druid. I also managed to convince them to spare one of the humans as well.
Kel once again catches his breath.
After talking with the druid and the captured guard, Furion, I finally understood the situation. Apparently, the people of hearthglen thought that the nomadic orc tribe had come nearby to raid and destroy Hearthglen. Since Hearthglen really didn't have a strong military presence they were worried about being overrun. They then decided to try and smoke out the orc tribe that was living in the forest. Now to shorten the ending of this tediously long tale, I went through about a month of negotiations between the orc tribe and Hearthglen which eventually ended in the orc tribe living in the forest in exchange for protection if someone or something else threatened Hearthglen. Afterwords the orc tribe was so grateful to me that they gave me an honorary orc name, Goron Ugdur, which means The Vineweaver, and one of their riding wolves, which was Silvan. We have been together ever since.

Kel gets up and stretches his arms, Wow, that was a lot longer of a tale then I expected. Hope I didn't put you to sleep with it.

Shazek
2012-02-26, 04:37 PM
Jorah watches in bemusement as Tarmikos receives the container of sugar from the barkeeper. Never before has he seen anyone have a drink quite so sweet.

Having seen the man drool over sugar, he inquires, "I feel I must ask, though I fear the answer: What in Hades are you doing, Tarmikos? Your drink cannot possibly be *that* bitter."

Psymple
2012-02-26, 05:12 PM
Having sat eating all the while Kel was telling his story Halaza finished her food and places the plate on the half in front of the fireplace.

Strange, I have met few Orcs before... I always perceived them as savage and beastly... I bet Jesskya would snort at me for that...

Was it merely this link you shared, both being druids, that stopped them killing you then? Or were they friendly by nature?

INoKnowNames
2012-02-26, 05:35 PM
"Oh, it's not that the drink is bitter." Tarmikos responds, not even looking as he begins autonomously dumping sugar into his drink. "It's quite good. Really good. The drinks here are very nice. I just have a bit of an insatiable sweet tooth." he says to Jorah with his sheepish smile, all the while adding more sugar.

"So, sir?" his attention returned to his original subject. "What do you think you can tell me?" he asks. Though his expression has changed again, he continues to make his drink even sweeter.

As much as I like this place already, I can't stay too long... if I can find him again, I have to get going... I have to stop him somehow...

Need I roll an actual roll, or is taking 10 on Diplo and Gather Info still good?

Silva Stormrage
2012-02-26, 05:45 PM
Having sat eating all the while Kel was telling his story Halaza finished her food and places the plate on the half in front of the fireplace.

Strange, I have met few Orcs before... I always perceived them as savage and beastly... I bet Jesskya would snort at me for that...

Was it merely this link you shared, both being druids, that stopped them killing you then? Or were they friendly by nature?

I have found that while yes, orcs are more primitive and savage then humans and other "civilized" races, its mostly their culture. They find strength and war to be the highest virtues while most look down on education and intelligence. This leads them to conflict with humans, elves and other civilized races due to conflicting culture. In this particular case the only reason the orcs wanted to negotiate at all was because the druid, whom was their chiefs advisor, want to make sure the land wouldn't be scarred by conflict. Though regardless I don't think my life was in danger from the orcs, they didn't seem to want to attack me since I was clearly fighting their enemies.

Psymple
2012-02-26, 05:53 PM
Hmmm interesting...
Making war for no reason other than it being their nature...
Seems inherently evil to me, killing for sport is hardly a good thing.
Although I suppose an orcs life span is much shorter than that of other races, if an orc dies in battle at age 20 it only loses 20 or 30 years of its life...

But what if an orc kills an elf... Or a celestial for that matter...
For a bit of sport that is a lot of damage...

Halaza seems to be more thinking out loud than discussing the issue, she reaches down and picks up her kurki and turns it over in her hand as she speaks. Somehow the weapon in her hands makes her feel a little safer.

Silva Stormrage
2012-02-26, 06:41 PM
Kel's tenses up when he hears the phrase "Inherently evil". He looks back at Halaza Sorry, but I just hate things being called naturally or inherently evil. Please indulge me in this demonstration. Kel morphs his form and very quickly Halaza is looking at an orc male where Kel just sat. I am now 100% identical to an orc, every single biological feature is identical to an orc. Yet I still do not suddenly crave blood or war or wish to engage in battle. I am still the exact same person as I was 10 seconds ago. The only difference is physical. The soul is the same. Kel morphs back. Then realizes he was a tad harsh he relaxes Sorry for that, I got ahead of myself.

Psymple
2012-02-26, 07:01 PM
But you were not an orc, you merely took the body of an orc temporarily.
Your life expectancy did not lower and your cultural upbringing did not change.

She looks deep into the druids eyes.

If you do not fear death yourself, you do not fear imposing death on others... Whether they themselves fear death or not.
I merely am saying those who live shorter lives probably fear death less than those who lead longer lives. Thus they care less about those they kill and probably think less about the consequences of killing...

Silva Stormrage
2012-02-26, 10:49 PM
Actually if I was able to maintain this form permanently my life span would change, thats purely a biological feature of the orchish body. And your right, my upbringing didn't change. I am not trying to say that the majority of orcish culture doesn't produce orcs that are what most of society would call evil. I am trying to say that orcs themselves aren't evil, they can be raised differently. If an orc would be raised by a human family for example, if wouldn't gain most of those traits commonly associated with orcs. I just dislike the phrase "inherently evil" because it implies that all orcs, no matter their station, are automatically evil due to their race.

qwertyu63
2012-02-27, 08:04 AM
Lyral and Zrekha reach just outside the church.

I couldn't find your last post to quote it, sorry.

Lia

I thank the innkeeper again and cross the road to the bar. As the sun has now gone inn, I feel comfortable removing my veil, and I shake my hair out of the pony tail I'd done it up in earlier for this more casual environment. I then enter the bar, looking around for the Adventurer mentioned by the innkeeper and also generally taking in the room.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

The bar is packed. It seems someone is celebrating something, but the what is unclear. Luckily, the celebration is on one side of the bar, leaving the other side clear for you to get to the bartender. Also on this other side, one of the tables has a dwarf, staring into his half-empty glass, and a elf, staring at the celebration with disdain. At the bar sits two people who look to be fellow adventurers (Tarmikos and Jorah).

"Oh, it's not that the drink is bitter." Tarmikos responds, not even looking as he begins autonomously dumping sugar into his drink. "It's quite good. Really good. The drinks here are very nice. I just have a bit of an insatiable sweet tooth." he says to Jorah with his sheepish smile, all the while adding more sugar.

"So, sir?" his attention returned to his original subject. "What do you think you can tell me?" he asks. Though his expression has changed again, he continues to make his drink even sweeter.

As much as I like this place already, I can't stay too long... if I can find him again, I have to get going... I have to stop him somehow...

Need I roll an actual roll, or is taking 10 on Diplo and Gather Info still good?

That will do.

"Well, in terms of local crime, all we have around here are thieves. Except for this one case, about a month ago. There was, like, 3 murders in one day, and then poof, this murderer was gone as fast as he arrived. No one knows who did it, and not for a lack of trying. All we know is that none of the 3 victims never saw their killer. Might that be what you're looking for?"

Psymple
2012-02-27, 08:08 AM
I apologise... I suppose you are right druid...

She turns the blade in her hands and begins to prick the end of her finger with it, not drawing blood but just

But, for a creator... A god if you will...
To make a race that's own racial traits make it more likely to cause war... That is my quandary Kel... Why make a race inherently stupid, inherently short living and inherently unsociable... Sure there are clever orc, that are charismatic and live for a longer life... But that is a very small percentage...

3SecondCultist
2012-02-27, 08:41 AM
Striding in through the front doors, Lyral slows down to a brisk walk. He makes no noise, as he walks across the stone floors. Seeing no people, he makes a round, examining the windows and avenues of escape. Sitting down on a bench, he begins to wait. Surely someone will arrive soon.

Silva Stormrage
2012-02-27, 12:24 PM
Kel ponders the question, Hm, I always thought of it as the gods or god that created the humanoid races didn't make their culture, just their characteristics. Orc society may be drawn towards the violence that they are known for due to their great natural strength and low intelligence. Just as elves value grace and dexterity and dwarves value drinking races tend to automatically favor what they are naturally best at. Orcs are naturally best at combat and less naturally gifted at craftsmanship and other professions. It seems natural that they would prefer warfare.

Kel ponders again
Or they could have simply been created by an evil god for the purpose of evil. But I still disagree that that alone is a reason to label their entire race evil. Many people confuse that label with a reason to kill every orc they meet for no reason.

Psymple
2012-02-27, 01:14 PM
Halaza nods rigorously as Kel speaks attempting to show her agreement with what he is saying. Especially as he speaks about orc society being drawn to acting a certain way to their natural attributes and whether it could be that the race is not evil but the god that created them was and attempted to make them to be evil.

That is my point exactly Kel, I do not see orcs as evil... but I see them as being created for the purpose of evil by an evil god...

3SecondCultist
2012-02-27, 01:25 PM
Hearing the echo of voices, Lyral turns his head. Perhaps caution might be overrated in this scenario. Raising his voice, he calls out to the musty air.
"Hello! Who's there?"

Silva Stormrage
2012-02-27, 01:32 PM
Kel nods in agreement Indeed that is a possibility. But understanding that orcs and other races are only evil due to their environment and not due to their very race is very important. It may be possible to start changing the orcish culture to coexist with society easier. Maybe to channel their warfare and combat attuned society into something less destructive. Maybe non lethal arena combat or similar sport.

Psymple
2012-02-27, 01:40 PM
Halaza looks a Kel for reasureance of the voice, she knows he must have heard it too but she still feels more reasured by the expression on his face.

Must be someone comming to the church...
I am sure the church attendants will deal with them...

Although, If they keep shouting they are gonna wake Silvan...

Roll Sense motive on your shout:
Whether I can tell if you sound like a routine visitor/somone in need of help/ a robber... ec cetra from your tone of voice.
Not with that roll I cant...
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12800067&postcount=13SPOILER]

Silva Stormrage
2012-02-27, 02:03 PM
Kel listens to the voice, then his eyes open wide with realization and sighs, There probably aren't any church members in the main room and he is afraid of the giant wolf in the corner. Let me go calm his nerves. You are free to join me, I will probably be right back. With that Kel lifts himself up and heads towards the main room.

Seeing the visitor he waves and speaks Hello! Not sure where the other church members are right now. The wolf in the corner is mine so you don't need to worry about him. I am Kel Serath, a wandering druid.

3SecondCultist
2012-02-27, 02:14 PM
At the druid's arrival, Lyral smiles, showing his teeth.
"I'm not too worried about your beast. I can relate to its troubles." He turns to face the wolf slowly, making sure that Kel can see his longbow in the process. He takes a knee, searching the wolf's furred visage. A moment of silence ensues. Eventually, the hunter stands, looking back at Kel.
"Have you heard the story of the scorpion and the frog?"

Hazuki
2012-02-27, 02:17 PM
Zrekha follows Lyral into the church, not bothering with bravado nor subtelty as she does so. As she stands not far from where he sits, she raises an eyebrow at his curious hunting strategy.

Silva Stormrage
2012-02-27, 02:17 PM
At the druid's arrival, Lyral smiles, showing his teeth.
"I'm not too worried about your beast. I can relate to its troubles." He turns to face the wolf slowly, making sure that Kel can see his longbow in the process. He takes a knee, searching the wolf's furred visage. A moment of silence ensues. Eventually, the hunter stands, looking back at Kel.
"Have you heard the story of the scorpion and the frog?"

Kel raises an eyebrow Yes I have heard that fable. In fact I was just having a discussion about racism and its flaws. Why do you bring that story up? Who exactly are you?

3SecondCultist
2012-02-27, 02:36 PM
"I'm nobody important. Just one of many, looking for the next chase." He stares, unblinking, his terrible grey eyes boring into the druid's face.
"Do you have any work?"

Silva Stormrage
2012-02-27, 02:41 PM
Kel looks suspicious at the man's request, Considering that you just asked about a fable in which the shady character ends up betraying the trusting one I don't think I would offer you a job even if I had something for you to do. If I felt there was a job that needed to be done I would go do it myself, thats just the kind of man I am.

RCgothic
2012-02-27, 05:39 PM
L
The bar is packed. It seems someone is celebrating something, but the what is unclear. Luckily, the celebration is on one side of the bar, leaving the other side clear for you to get to the bartender. Also on this other side, one of the tables has a dwarf, staring into his half-empty glass, and a elf, staring at the celebration with disdain. At the bar sits two people who look to be fellow adventurers (Tarmikos and Jorah).

Lia

I smile as I enter the bar. Being around people celebrating for whatever reason always makes me happy. I'm half tempted to join in with the celebration, but I note the two adventurers and, still smiling, I cross to them instead.

"Hi! Mind if I sit in?"

3SecondCultist
2012-02-27, 05:56 PM
Lyral smiles again, his bearing relaxed but firm, his demeanor calm but purposeful.
"Where I come from, the shadow of a man comes from where he stands. There is no ultimate perception." As he speaks, he lets his voice project over the polished marble, so that all may hear.
"I only offered up the fable because I wanted you to give the nature of things a thought. I wish to find fellow hunters, for the greatest game of all time." He stands tall, his eyes fixed on Kel, but his attention flickers about the airy vaults of Saturn's temple. There is an energy coiled up within him, a sleeping dragon waiting for its next meal.

INoKnowNames
2012-02-27, 06:21 PM
Tarmikos slams his left hand onto the counter in anger, his right still hypnotically collecting sugar for his drink. An Entire MONTH!?! he thought to himself. Who knows what else he's done just in that time alone, or where he might have gotten to... the chances I'll find him now are as cold as the water was... and that's assuming it's even him...

"Sorry about that... Just a little frustrated." he said as he ran his hand through his hair. "Any chance you can tell me anymore? Hopefully there's more than that. No one knows what the culprit looked like?" he inquired.

Tarmikos hears an alluring voice, and turns around absent mindedly. "Hello, friend! No problem; I'm buying drinks. Feel free to jo-" he froze as he looked upon the newest visitor, physically stunned for a moment. He accidentally knocked over the container of sugar, but little spilled out that was not already mixed into his drink.

Silva Stormrage
2012-02-27, 09:46 PM
Lyral smiles again, his bearing relaxed but firm, his demeanor calm but purposeful.
"Where I come from, the shadow of a man comes from where he stands. There is no ultimate perception." As he speaks, he lets his voice project over the polished marble, so that all may hear.
"I only offered up the fable because I wanted you to know my nature. I only wish to find fellow hunters, for the greatest game of all time." He stands tall, his eyes fixed on Kel, but his attention flickers about the airy vaults of Saturn's temple. There is an energy coiled up within him, a sleeping dragon waiting for its next meal.

Kel raises an eyebrow again at this strange person, The most dangerous game? I have often heard that phrase used to describe hunting humanoids and other intelligent creatures. And you ask me to join you in a hunt when you just stated that you would betray me for no reason even if it would kill you. You're mad, I don't have time for this. Kel waves to the figure at the entrance to the church Hey are you with him? This is a place of worship I do not believe he should be here, it may disturb some of the priests meditations.

3SecondCultist
2012-02-27, 10:11 PM
At the druid's protests, Lyral's smile disappears, replaced by an implacable lack of expression. He nods slowly, and turns to face the door. Slowly, inexorably, Lyral breathes in the bitter green aroma of Saturn's demesne, before beginning his stride out the front doors. He stops just before exiting, however, to say one last thing to the narrow-minded soul that had thrust exile upon him.
"What is madness but nobility of the soul at odds with circumstance?" Pulling an arrow out of his quiver, he tosses it carelessly on the floor.
"Keep it. Bring it to the southern gate, along with a better answer. Ask the guard for Lyral."

Shazek
2012-02-27, 10:27 PM
Jorah hears the request made by the woman, and turns around momentarily. After discerning she, too, is skilled in adventuring, he replies, "Certainly. I would take no issue should you wish to join us." So saying, he turns back around to the bar, and addresses Tarmikos. "Ah, you search for a particular man. My talents lie greatly in the field of Divination. Should you need it, I may be able to magically locate him."

Silva Stormrage
2012-02-27, 11:53 PM
Kel picks up the arrow and smiles warmly to Lyral, Thank you. I will be sure to meet you later If Lyral or Zrekha don't try to engage him anymore than he shall head back to Halaza.

Demidos
2012-02-28, 12:21 AM
Imaran nods, listening while toying with the gem in the shape of a reddish skull that he is holding in his hand. That sounds like a most intriguing story. Perhaps you will tell me more about it while we find a room -- after all, I don't think the librarians would allow us to stay in the library for the night. he says with just a touch of dry (yet fond) sarcasm.
Assuming Algrith has no objection
Imaran stands, and turns to a nearby passerby. Could you tell me of a good inn at which we could stay the night? Preferably one near the library.

qwertyu63
2012-02-28, 07:09 AM
Imaran nods, listening while toying with the gem in the shape of a reddish skull that he is holding in his hand. That sounds like a most intriguing story. Perhaps you will tell me more about it while we find a room -- after all, I don't think the librarians would allow us to stay in the library for the night. he says with just a touch of dry (yet fond) sarcasm.
Assuming Algrith has no objection
Imaran stands, and turns to a nearby passerby. Could you tell me of a good inn at which we could stay the night? Preferably one near the library.

"There is an inn towards the south end of town."

RCgothic
2012-02-28, 07:46 AM
Lia

As I pull up a bar stool I'm startled by the tall blue eyed human's reaction. His companion keeps talking, something about magically tracking someone, apparently not noticing the scene beginning to play out. I grin; alluring was what I was shooting for, but I've never struck anyone dumb before!

No... That's not it; I'm sure I discern recognition in his eyes, even though I'm sure we've never met. Now with a more measured expression, I carefully I take my seat.
"I'm Arlia, Lia to some. But it looks like you already know me!"

When the bartender asks I order a fruit schnapps.

3SecondCultist
2012-02-28, 08:19 AM
As he walks out the front doors of the church, Lyral nods at Zrekha. Her approach might be better than his own. He moves out into the streets, aiming to move in a southerly direction. Whether or not the 'wandering druid' would actually come, Lyral needed somewhere to rest before the sun went down. He had heard of an inn that catered to adventurers. Perhaps he might make his way there.

razorback
2012-02-28, 09:14 AM
Hmmm...? No, that sounds good. I could use a break. Hopefully, the main room is better lit than the last place we stayed. I fear my notes from that night were not quite up to par. I'll have to rectify that some time in the future.
As the pair walked in the direction indicated by the passerby, they continued their discussion of the bits of lore they were able to extract from the library.

Hazuki
2012-02-28, 10:16 AM
Zrekha stands near the entrance of the church thinking about a nice ham she had one day. It was a very nice ham! Meaty and juicy in all of the right places, cooked just enough on that cold winter night in the mountains, it was making her mouth water. Nom nom nom... Before she knew it, everything had changed! She nods to the harassed druid before turning to follow Lyral. She doesn't speak, not understanding if that had been some kind of hazing ritual.

INoKnowNames
2012-02-28, 12:27 PM
"Oh, please forgive my rudeness!" Tarmikos responds. He manages to tear off the shock glued to his face, and his textbook smile flows back to the surface. "I'm sorry; I don't think we have actually met, but it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Lia, if you don't mind. You can call me Tarmikos. My friend here is Jorah."

He turns to Jorah. "I'd be happy to have you at least try to locate him. But I doubt he hasn't prepared for even magic to attempt to find him. I'd have to be very lucky to track him down." He returns his focus to mixing his drink.

It's so odd... for a second there, I thought that she was.... Tarmikos thought to himself, and then he shook his head. No... No... He saw to that. I can't be distracted by such things now.

"Sorry about that; I was a bit distracted." he spoke. "Barkeep, I'll be taking care of Lia's drinks as well. And hopefully I didn't have to buy a fortune in sugar." he said, depressed by the empty container. He begins drinking.

Silva Stormrage
2012-02-28, 01:44 PM
Kel strides back into the back room with Halaza still holding the arrow. Sorry about that, someone had wandered into the church and started rambling about an old fable. I believe his mind wasn't the most sturdy construct in this world. He gave me this arrow and asked me to come find him later at the gate. Now, where were we?

Psymple
2012-02-28, 01:54 PM
Halaza gave Kel a very bemused look as he entered back into the room.
She had heard all that the crazed man had said and for a moment did nothing but glare at him in confusion.

Why would such a man come to a church...
Your not going to meet him are you?
Perhaps it is our duty, the man might be dangerous if we do not intervene...

Silva Stormrage
2012-02-28, 04:07 PM
Halaza gave Kel a very bemused look as he entered back into the room.
She had heard all that the crazed man had said and for a moment did nothing but glare at him in confusion.

Why would such a man come to a church...
Your not going to meet him are you?
Perhaps it is our duty, the man might be dangerous if we do not intervene...

I was honestly thinking about doing that. He had someone with him but he remained silent during the encounter, even when I talked to him he didn't speak. If we do it should be interesting, I didn't think about it till now but he said to ask the guard for Lyral.

qwertyu63
2012-02-28, 07:52 PM
Zrekha, Lyral, Imaran and Algrith, you reach the inn.

"Sorry about that; I was a bit distracted." he spoke. "Barkeep, I'll be taking care of Lia's drinks as well. And hopefully I didn't have to buy a fortune in sugar." he said, depressed by the empty container. He begins drinking.

The bartender nods at Tarmikos, and turns to Lia handing her her fruit schnapps. "I'll put all that sugar on your tab as well. As to the man, no one saw him. Not even his victims, if Speak with Dead is anything to go by. One hit kills, all three of them."

INoKnowNames
2012-02-28, 11:11 PM
Tarmikos barely holds onto his drink as he hears the barkeep's words. He sits in frustration, his hand running through the front of his hair. What rotten luck... there are monsters even in a place like this... and so far I've no idea of knowing whether or not he's involved or not...

"At this rate, I think I might want to find a place to stay in, unless I intend to sleep outside. I'll probably have to work harder tomorrow to find any clues..." He punctuates his thoughts with a particularly exacerbated sigh. "Hopefully I'll find something out." He takes the time to taste his beverage.

"At least the drink's pretty good, although I usually prefer mine with a bit more sugar. I like sweet things." His smile barely shines through the cracks of his depression, although the air about him is considerably darker than it was.

Demidos
2012-02-29, 12:01 AM
Hmmm...? No, that sounds good. I could use a break. Hopefully, the main room is better lit than the last place we stayed. I fear my notes from that night were not quite up to par. I'll have to rectify that some time in the future.
As the pair walked in the direction indicated by the passerby, they continued their discussion of the bits of lore they were able to extract from the library.

As the two head farther and farther south, Imaran again asks directions to a nearby passerby, as well as the name of the inn. (If appropriate), he tosses them a coin, then turning back to Algrith, he continues his conversation. I hope we find this inn soon. She will be getting restless after such a long day.

I dont believe the inn was ever named?
Also, context for the second quote is in my backstory. Razorback, if you think Algirth would disapprove of her, then I can edit my post either to reflect his disapproval, or so as to avoid the subject entirely.

qwertyu63
2012-02-29, 07:16 AM
As the two head farther and farther south, Imaran again asks directions to a nearby passerby, as well as the name of the inn. (If appropriate), he tosses them a coin, then turning back to Algrith, he continues his conversation. I hope we find this inn soon. She will be getting restless after such a long day.

I dont believe the inn was ever named?
Also, context for the second quote is in my backstory. Razorback, if you think Algirth would disapprove of her, then I can edit my post either to reflect his disapproval, or so as to avoid the subject entirely.

A small note, you are already at the inn.

And no, I never did name the inn. I shall call it the Armstead inn.

3SecondCultist
2012-02-29, 08:23 AM
Upon arriving just outside the Armstead, Lyral stops. The building seems to quite busy, loud voices emanating from beyond the wood paneling. He takes a moment to survey the scene around him. The half orc seems to have followed him once again, and several others seem to have tagged along as well. All around them, the hubbub of the afternoon markets continue to thrive. Lyral sighs.
I'll never get used to cities. Too many people, not enough room to hunt. I suppose I do need companions at some point, though. After all, what kind of 'conquering hero' wanders alone forever? Adopting a somewhat neutral expression, he makes his way over to Imaran and Algrith.
"Hello. What brings you to this end of town?"

Demidos
2012-02-29, 10:51 AM
Upon arriving just outside the Armstead, Lyral stops. The building seems to quite busy, loud voices emanating from beyond the wood paneling. He takes a moment to survey the scene around him. The half orc seems to have followed him once again, and several others seem to have tagged along as well. All around them, the hubbub of the afternoon markets continue to thrive. Lyral sighs.
I'll never get used to cities. Too many people, not enough room to hunt. I suppose I do need companions at some point, though. After all, what kind of 'conquering hero' wanders alone forever? Adopting a somewhat neutral expression, he makes his way over to Imaran and Algrith.
"Hello. What brings you to this end of town?"

Hail person who somehow knows our names :smalltongue:
We are travellers through this city, and we were told to come here for acommodations. Who are you? As he speaks, Imaran takes note of the somehow...feral...appearance of the man. He seemed to move with a primal power. It remind him of creatures he had seen hunting while in the Underdark.

razorback
2012-02-29, 11:26 AM
And seekers of lore. And, coin, too. Sometimes.

Looking at Lyral, he is taken aback for a moment by his size.

Demidos, I must have missed it in the wall of text... who is she?

3SecondCultist
2012-02-29, 11:58 AM
"Fun. This is Zrekha, and my name is Lyral." Noticing their study of his form, Lyral flexes his muscles slightly as he steps forward to address them. He breathes in slightly, inhaling the aura of the psion. His grey eyes widen almost imperceptibly in surprise, before he has the chance to compose himself.
Fascinating. I did not expect one of the mind-wielders here.
There is a moment of awkward silence, and then another. Lyral looks around once more, before turning back to face the pair.
"Shall we go in?"

Psymple
2012-02-29, 03:41 PM
I was honestly thinking about doing that. He had someone with him but he remained silent during the encounter, even when I talked to him he didn't speak. If we do it should be interesting, I didn't think about it till now but he said to ask the guard for Lyral.

Hmmm I think perhaps we should make sure this charicter, Lyral, doesnt do anything... He really did not sound too sane for my likings...

Yes Jesskya, we are going on a little journey...

Halaza turns over onto her side and curls up in the chair, her knife still in her hand.

If you dont mind Kel I would like to get some sleep before we set out, I have not slept yet and would like to have my strength incase something happens with this Lyral...

Silva Stormrage
2012-02-29, 04:10 PM
Kel ponders to himself, Hm, well I really don't have anything else to do. Might do some good for the city along the way. And thats fair enough, you do look a bit tiered. I am not sure what the church can offer you in terms of a bed. I didn't ask for one, Silvan is warm and soft enough for me to fall asleep on, and I don't want to get used to a bed. I would hate to not be able to fall asleep in the wilds because I am too used to a soft bed.

Psymple
2012-02-29, 04:37 PM
Do not worry friend, this chair will do me and it will be nice and warm by the fire... If you intend to go meet Lyral, please wake me before you leave, sleep well friend.

Silva Stormrage
2012-02-29, 11:35 PM
Kel goes off an rests his head on Silvans thick fur. He thinks about the day for a bit before drifting off to sleep.

Hazuki
2012-03-01, 06:21 AM
Zrekha gives a curt nod to the men as Lyral speaks and speaks like some kind of whining jackal with an arrow stabbed through its eyesocket, standing proudly a few feet to his side. These men certainly had magical items on them; it seemed like Lyral had good taste, at the very least. She'd let him talk for the moment, at least until she needs to intervene if he says something crazy again.

razorback
2012-03-01, 07:49 AM
Are you two new to the city, too? And, are you already staying here or just getting rooms?
Realizing a moment afterwards that he may be exposing himself and his companion to danger, as the pair looked dangerous and a bit thuggish, he made a small, worried face that the pair, luckily, couldn't see due to their backs being turned.

Hazuki
2012-03-01, 06:44 PM
Zrekha speaks quite clearly for a half-orc; though her words give no aura of sophistication, it's clear she is no thug. "I am new to the city. I came for promises of glory from a friend; this one wanted to show me some hunting." She nods her head in Lyral's direction. "I have nowhere to stay yet; I came in the morning."

qwertyu63
2012-03-01, 09:55 PM
Those of you out and about see the sun start to disappear over the horizon.

3SecondCultist
2012-03-01, 10:18 PM
Lyral stands at ease, watching the golden grace of heaven's star dip beyond the edge of day.
There is something to be said about this half-place, this twilight.The space between the day-bright-peace and the true hunt is worth noting, every time. I'm glad to see some truths are universal, at least. Lyral stands quietly, his simple grace belying any initial impressions of thuggery in him. Shaking his head slightly, as if to snap himself back into focus, he turns back towards the others.
"Hmm, maybe we should enter? It's getting late." Without waiting this time, Lyral spins curtly on his heel and strides to the entrance of the Armstead. He slides open the doors almost effortlessly, and makes his way inside.

Demidos
2012-03-01, 10:53 PM
"I am new to the city. I came for promises of glory from a friend; this one wanted to show me some hunting." She nods her head in Lyral's direction. "I have nowhere to stay yet; I came in the morning."

What hunting is this? asks Imaran. He studies her carefully, watching for her reaction. He has met dark elves before (on the rarest of occasions) and these two more and more gives him the sense that they are of similar views.

Lyral stands at ease, watching the golden grace of heaven's star dip beyond the edge of day.
There is something to be said about this half-place, this twilight.The space between the day-bright-peace and the true hunt is worth noting, every time. I'm glad to see some truths are universal, at least. Lyral stands quietly, his simple grace belying any initial impressions of thuggery in him. Shaking his head slightly, as if to snap himself back into focus, he turns back towards the others.
"Hmm, maybe we should enter? It's getting late." Without waiting this time, Lyral spins curtly on his heel and strides to the entrance of the Armstead. He slides open the doors almost effortlessly, and makes his way inside.

Imaran raises an eyebrow at the unexpected sentimentality, looking at Algirth, but follows if the other makes no restraining sign. This man seems intriguing.

INoKnowNames
2012-03-01, 11:17 PM
"Barkeep... I'm sorry, that's incredibly rude of me. What exactly is your name, good sir?" Tarmikos begins.

"Do you think you could tell me anything about the victims? Who they were? Why they might have been targeted? Possibly how they were killed, beyond it being a one strike assassination?" Tarmikos inquires, hoping to learn as much as he can.

"And while I'm asking questions, what about you two? What reason do you have to be in a place like this?" he says, turning his back to the bar while speaking to his drinking partners.

Tarmikos turns his attention towards the mage. "Jorah, you said you knew magic and were employed by your deity. Exactly what trade do you specialize in? And how did it lead you here?"

"And you, Lia..." He focuses his gaze upon the woman. "While I can't really get a good read on you, I'm willing to bet that you're just as exciting as you are attractive." He offers her a smile.

"I'm certain that you two probably carry some stories just as interesting as the one I'm involved in, if not more so." Tarmikos turns back to the bar and takes another drink. "I'd be more than happy to listen."

Hazuki
2012-03-02, 08:16 AM
Hearing Lyral's decision to turn inside, Zrekha shrugs. "Must be scared of the dark." She says to none in particular, before turning her gaze to the scholarly-looking man. She was unsure for a moment whether it would be Lyral's hunting she should talk about, so she did. "So far it has been saying crazy things to holy men. I am hoping it will make sense soon."

razorback
2012-03-02, 11:06 AM
I agree, the twilight is a special time. When night and day, light and dark, are in equilibrium as things should be. The eclipsing of one over the other would be the end of life, not matter which it was.
With that he followed the rest of the group in.

3SecondCultist
2012-03-02, 11:36 AM
As he enters the bar, Lyral straightens his back. Putting on a disarming smile, he walks over to the bar and orders a drink. He takes note of the group at the bar, the elven woman in particular.
"Hello there. Are the drinks any good?" Maintaining a relaxed pose, he leans on the wood of the bar, making sure that everyone present can see his face.
Fascinating. It seems as though they have been talking for some time. The man at her side looks promising enough. He looks to be a fellow wanderer. Oh, but how I have ached for such sport as an elf-hunt! I will need to watch my step here. Unless my instincts fail me, the druid will come calling soon, and he seems a powerful sort. I will need to prepare... He moves his eyes subtly, deep in thought even as he studies his surroundings.

qwertyu63
2012-03-02, 02:03 PM
"Barkeep... I'm sorry, that's incredibly rude of me. What exactly is your name, good sir?" Tarmikos begins.

"Do you think you could tell me anything about the victims? Who they were? Why they might have been targeted? Possibly how they were killed, beyond it being a one strike assassination?" Tarmikos inquires, hoping to learn as much as he can.

"It's not rude at all. That's what everyone calls me. Name's Dagoc.

As for the murders, I don't know much else. The guards were keeping it rather quiet. I only know what I know because some guard got really drunk and let some things slip."

As he enters the bar, Lyral straightens his back. Putting on a disarming smile, he walks over to the bar and orders a drink. He takes note of the group at the bar, the elven woman in particular.
"Hello there. Are the drinks any good?" Maintaining a relaxed pose, he leans on the wood of the bar, making sure that everyone present can see his face.
Fascinating. It seems as though they have been talking for some time. The man at her side looks promising enough. He looks to be a fellow wanderer. Oh, but how I have ached for such sport as an elf-hunt! I will need to watch my step here. Unless my instincts fail me, the druid will come calling soon, and he seems a powerful sort. I will need to prepare... He moves his eyes subtly, deep in thought even as he studies his surroundings.

Dagoc nods at Lyral, asking "What'll you be wanting?"

razorback
2012-03-02, 05:45 PM
Overhearing the request to order, Algrith buts in(quite rudely) with
Red wine, good man.

qwertyu63
2012-03-02, 06:17 PM
Overhearing the request to order, Algrith buts in(quite rudely) with
Red wine, good man.

He pours you out a glass.

RCgothic
2012-03-02, 07:17 PM
Lia

[COLOR="silver"]"And while I'm asking questions, what about you two? What reason do you have to be in a place like this?" he says, turning his back to the bar while speaking to his drinking partners.

Tarmikos turns his attention towards the mage. "Jorah, you said you knew magic and were employed by your deity. Exactly what trade do you specialize in? And how did it lead you here?"

[/I]r"]"And you, Lia..." He focuses his gaze upon the woman. "While I can't really get a good read on you, I'm willing to bet that you're just as exciting as you are attractive." He offers her a smile.

"I'm certain that you two probably carry some stories just as interesting as the one I'm involved in, if not more so." Tarmikos turns back to the bar and takes another drink. "I'd be more than happy to listen."

"I'm actually between quests right now; one of the reasons I'm in town! I was on the lookout for fellow adventurer's who might be willing to make some money together. I pause to take a sip from my schnaps, smiling slightly as I do so at his earnest complements. Strawberry. Mmmmmmm!

"My particular speciality is not being seen, though I have some skill at arms as well. My last job for instance - my mark surrounded his pay wagon with 25 armed guards, none of whom thought to watch for overhanging trees! Not that they'd have seen me even if they had," I brag with a grin.

I sip again at my drink. It's a good brew - sweet, but not overly so, the red berries perfectly complemented. "Not quite as sweet as yours!" I jest, noting the near-empty dish of sugar. "In any case, I can turn my hand to just about anything. New skills seem to come easily for me."

As I sip again at my drink a group of four more enter the bar - two scholars and a half-orc woman led by a tall fair man who's clearly some sort of huntsman.

"Lovely thanks", I say, quietly toasting the newcomer's question. I'm not quite sure what to make of him. On the one hand his introduction has been jovial enough, but though he smiles broadly his pale eyes seem mirthless. I wonder what he does that causes them to be so bloodshot. "What brings you and your companions here this evening?"

3SecondCultist
2012-03-02, 08:17 PM
Lyral laughs at the wine poured in a fresh glass - he politely refuses the alcohol, however.
"I do not drink, thank you." The strange looking elf and the bard seem to be welcoming enough. Good.
"I can't speak for them, but I'm here for an adventure of sorts."

INoKnowNames
2012-03-02, 09:54 PM
"Well I'm certain we can find something for you, friend." Tarmikos replies to the latest guest. "My name is Tarmikos. I'm in a rather jovial mood, so I've been covering the tab recently. Just try not to bankrupt me, if you don't mind!" He lets out a hearty laugh.

Tarmikos leans into the bar, and whispers. "Hey, that coin should still be able to cover for all this, right?"

"And thanks for all the info, by the way, Dagoc. I really appreciate it, although I don't think I'll be able to get too much more done tonight. I probably need to look into some more official sources if I'm to narrow down my search. I'll see if I can find some more options tomorrow... and maybe come back for another sweet drink!" He replies with a grin.

Tarmikos' attention returns to Lia. Despite the initial sense of shock she provided, he finds himself enjoying her company. "I guess my hunch was right about you. Certainly a capable adventurer, though I wouldn't have expected someone so appealing to be also so resourceful. I'll need to keep an eye on you for sure." he smiles at her.

Finally, he returns his focus upon the new group. "So, what's your story, friends?" He marvels for a moment at the number of distinguished looking people. "I never expected there to be so many adventurers here!"

Shazek
2012-03-02, 10:53 PM
Jorah responds to Tarmikos' inquiries succinctly, hoping to end the line of questioning into his past. "Suffice it to say that I was once directly in the employ of my temple, but certain events transpired, and I learned magery as a result thereof. Since, I have been traveling and learning."

After a pause, he notes a group of four enter the bar, all with the appearance of adventurers. As they approach the bar, he decides he is not particularly interested in further conversing at the moment, and does not call out to them. Upon hearing the first man speak of adventure, however, he takes notice.

He addresses Lyral,"What sort of adventure do you speak of? I myself have need of work, and I am certainly capable myself."

razorback
2012-03-03, 07:40 AM
Algrith takes a sip from his wine and thinks to himself <Hmmm, low rent>
Looking between the newly met elven woman and the human he just met, he starts to open his mouth when he Imaran's look. Taking a drink of the bland wine, he watches the interaction between the two, noticing the changes and body language, the verbal interaction, and those surrounding them while making himself mental notes on the process.

Demidos
2012-03-03, 03:09 PM
Finally, he returns his focus upon the new group. "So, what's your story, friends?" He marvels for a moment at the number of distinguished looking people. "I never expected there to be so many adventurers here!"

I've journeyed from the deep places of the earth, in search of myself. Along the way, I took up with Algirth here, and we've been drifting through cities in search of forgotten lore for the past few months.

We just met our two companions a matter of minutes ago, outside this very inn, so I won't speak for them.

3SecondCultist
2012-03-03, 04:00 PM
At Jorah's inquiries, Lyral chuckles, his rich, deep bass voice rumbling in his throat.
"I like all adventures. I've found the journey is more important than the destination." He returns to his smile. The two 'intellectuals' seem to have their own fill of themselves, but this other fellow seems familiar. He's seen his face before, in the shadowed recesses of a mirror. Perhaps a reformed criminal type story? It had been so long since Lyral spun one of those.
"My latest journey ended... unfavorably, in a town north of Cleveport. I fell in with some untrustworthy folk, making a lot of bad calls. Figured I'd cut my losses. Ended up here. That's about all there is to it."

razorback
2012-03-04, 09:12 AM
Looking at Lyral, Algrith says I've been in the same situation myself, about 40 years ago. Met up with a group that wanted to locate some old treasure, and there was a promise of my keeping any old texts I could find. It seems that group knew there were no old books yet they led me to believe that there was so I could accompany them. That is the way of people. ending with a slight sigh.

RCgothic
2012-03-05, 07:02 PM
Lia
"So I guess we're all here to figure out what to do next."

I lean back idly in my chair, and suddenly a glittering blade appears in the air as if summoned there by a spell. I catch my dagger neatly with a twirl and continue to play with it as I attempt to listen in on the conversation of the celebrating group.

razorback
2012-03-06, 10:42 AM
Well, Algrith continues I am here looking for lost texts and manuscripts. My experience has been when adventurers go looking for loot and other items in the deep and forgotten recesses of the world, the things I am interested can sometimes be found.

Demidos
2012-03-07, 11:01 AM
Well, Algrith continues I am here looking for lost texts and manuscripts. My experience has been when adventurers go looking for loot and other items in the deep and forgotten recesses of the world, the things I am interested can sometimes be found.

Imaran looks faintly surprised -- in the time he had known him, his slightly tetchy friend had never opened up so quickly. Perhaps this would be good for him.

It seems that we are to travel together. Perhaps introductions are in order? My name is Imaran Mestair. I am skilled with my hands, and have some small skill with magic. What are your names?

razorback
2012-03-07, 11:09 AM
Oh, yes names ... important... Algrith Samisthin, collector of antiquities and such. he said, a little befuddled.

3SecondCultist
2012-03-07, 11:12 AM
Lyral continues to act composed, but he cannot help but feel a shiver of anticipation run through his body at the word 'together'.
Perfect. This looks promising for now. His eyes shift back and forth between Imaran and Algrith, finally resting on Lia. He cannot help but be mesmerized at her knife-play. Hopefully she would prove to be fun before the end.
Oh well. If not, there is always the orc to play with.

INoKnowNames
2012-03-07, 01:05 PM
At the prospect of a kinship with the adventurers before him, Tarmikos closed his eyes and smiled. The smile could not reach his eyes, however, and those eyes were shut only for his own sake. Nightmares of the past flooded inward, and he allowed himself to sample some of those memories before repressing them.

"As generous as your offer is," Tarmikos began, rising from his seat. "And as much as I might need the assistance myself, right now I think ensuring I won't have to sleep on the dirt again is my next priority. I probably should have made room at the Inn before taking care of business here, but I had to get as much done as I could."

Tarmikos makes a note of each of the adventurers gathered in the bar. "Should my business in this city match with yours, I would enjoy the chance to work together, provided everyone is on their toes. My name, as I said before, is Tarmikos. Tarmikos Silverkin. I consider myself a warrior of peace. My life has been devoted to the ideals of truth, justice, and love."

He turns once more to the counter. "Dagoc, like I said, thanks for all the info. Any chance you could help me if I gain any new leads? And hopefully there's still plenty of money left, should any of my new friends want anything else. Feel free to keep the rest."

qwertyu63
2012-03-07, 03:03 PM
He turns once more to the counter. "Dagoc, like I said, thanks for all the info. Any chance you could help me if I gain any new leads? And hopefully there's still plenty of money left, should any of my new friends want anything else. Feel free to keep the rest."

"If I hear anything interesting, I'll let you know."

Hazuki
2012-03-07, 03:08 PM
The half-orc with the short attention span stopped her posing in armor against the bar as introductions were asked for. "Zrekha Darkblade." She introduces herself shortly, looking the surprisingly creepy-looking man. Adventurers? A good name, she supposed. "The best warrior from my tribe. And former leading bodyguard of the Scarlet Sorcerer merchants."

Silva Stormrage
2012-03-07, 09:02 PM
Kel wakes up from his slumber feeling hungry, he grabs a good berry and throws it into his mouth. He then falls back asleep.

qwertyu63
2012-03-07, 09:40 PM
Those of you still at the bar, it is closing down for the night.

3SecondCultist
2012-03-07, 10:52 PM
Lyral tears his gaze away from Lia for a moment, breaking the spell of steel. He blinks twice, his half-warm smile coming back to his face. He saunters towards the front door, looking back at the others.
"I prefer to sleep under the stars, if that's no trouble." He nods at Zrekha, an invitation of sorts. Relaxed, self aware, and radiating a quiet confidence, the hunter exits, stage left.

Are there any secluded alleys or tucked away places around the inn for Lyral to make his abode for the evening? I have a Magical Bedroll and Rations, so there's no trouble there.

Demidos
2012-03-07, 11:31 PM
In the silence following the hunter's exit, Imaran clears his throat. It seems that we will have to save this chat for a later occasion. I myself will be lodging at the inn across the street -- you are welcome to join me if you wish.

razorback
2012-03-08, 08:22 AM
Algrith nods to Imaran
Of course. I'll be reading in my room. Wake me in the morning when you want to break your fast.
With that, he stands up and proceeds to the in, eager to finish his notes from today's foray into the library.

Hazuki
2012-03-08, 08:34 AM
"I am sure we will meet come morning." Zrekha tells the gathered people, including Lyral as he leads off, brushing her own cloak past her shoulders so her armor is once again displayed prominently. She takes a confident stride to the inn across the street so that she might find herself a room; she wouldn't deign to sleep in an alley in a city such as this.

INoKnowNames
2012-03-08, 08:59 AM
"Interesting group of people. Then again, I'm sure the same can be said about us. Honestly, I hope I do have a bit more business within the city." Tarmikos muses.

"I suppose we should consider taking this party to the Inn." Tarmikos thinks out loud, as he starts toward the other side of the street. "I really hope they've still got a room for me. I'm getting tired of sleeping in the dirt."

Tarmikos turns around and flashes a smile toward Dagoc, Jorah, and Lia. "See you again, friends!"

qwertyu63
2012-03-08, 09:58 AM
Are there any secluded alleys or tucked away places around the inn for Lyral to make his abode for the evening? I have a Magical Bedroll and Rations, so there's no trouble there.

Right next to the inn, actually.

Everyone who was planning on staying at the inn, you get a room there rather uneventfully. (5 silver per night)

EDIT: The next morning, a loud noise wakes up everyone in the inn. It is a bunch of guards swarming in and out of the bar across the street.

INoKnowNames
2012-03-08, 11:44 AM
Naturally restless, Tarmikos was already awake when he was alerted by the activity. It takes him little time to gather what equipment he had not already secured, and to exit the room and observe the commotion outside.

"What's going on here?", he attempts to ask anyone who would speak to him.

Hazuki
2012-03-08, 11:47 AM
Zrekha rolls off of the top of her bed, her full armor donned and herself rested as her greatsword flies into her hand from beside her in the bed. She casts her gaze across the room, tightening her grip on the handle before moving to the window to look at the bar across the street. It was quite a large amount of guards; it could not have been just a murder.

After casting her daily buffs, the half-orc re-sheathes her greatsword with the knowledge she could bring it to bear any time she chose; and heads down the stairs to the ground floor of the inn. She drops three copper pieces into her haversack. Perhaps there would be guards in the inn, to explain the situation. If not, she would have to see if Lyral chose to hunt early.

qwertyu63
2012-03-08, 12:06 PM
Various people are staring out the window at the chaos across the street. The innkeeper is trying, and failing, to get them to calm down.

"What's going on here?", he attempts to ask anyone who would speak to him.

One of the guards tells you "N-nothing. Absolutely nothing. Now just go back inside where it's safe." Clearly this guy is a horrible liar.

razorback
2012-03-08, 01:49 PM
A load noise can be heard as Algrith rolls onto his back, notebook stuck to his face. He knew that he tended to be a little hard of hearing and, as some of the librarians said, absent-minded. If those observations were true, then something stupendous must be going on. Shoving the few items he managed to take out of his pack the night before back in, he rushed out the door only to realize that he had no idea which room was Imaran's. <I'll wait downstairs for him> he thought to himself.
Once he got to the downstairs room, he saw the commotion going on. Seeing that he wasn't going to get any information in the ensuing chaos, he walked over the the frantic innkeep and asked.
What do you have for breakfast?
with a bland face that spoke of an obliviousness of the disorder around him.

INoKnowNames
2012-03-08, 01:51 PM
Tarmikos puts a hand on the guard's shoulder. "Now, if nothing was going on, why would being out here be less safe than being inside?" Tarmikos asks, a bemused look almost carved into his face.

"I can tell you with the utmost sincerity that I mean no harm, and have nothing but the most honorable and noble intentions, so you need not distrust me. I can also tell you that if there's something here capable of threatening me, or anyone here, being away from the situation wouldn't diminish the threat any further." Tarmikos attempts to reason with the man, trying to seem as trustworthy as possible.

"Now, if it isn't too much trouble, please explain to me what's going on. In fact, if it isn't too much trouble, please allow me to see as well. I had business here with the bartender last night, and I'd like to check on him." Tarmikos says, as he attempts to step past the guard, should there be no complications.

Heh, don't even need to roll a Sense Motive. Cool for me, since the stupid Dice Roller hates me.

Speaking of which, does the previous Diplomacy pass here, or do I have to roll it again? And if so, can I -please- take 10? The dice roller is a jerk.

qwertyu63
2012-03-08, 01:58 PM
Once he got to the downstairs room, he saw the commotion going on. Seeing that he wasn't going to get any information in the ensuing chaos, he walked over the the frantic innkeep and asked.
What do you have for breakfast?
with a bland face that spoke of an obliviousness of the disorder around him.
"Look around for TWO SECONDS and see what's going on, would ya!?!?"

"Now, if it isn't too much trouble, please explain to me what's going on. In fact, if it isn't too much trouble, please allow me to see as well. I had business here with the bartender last night, and I'd like to check on him." Tarmikos says, as he attempts to step past the guard, should there be no complications.

Heh, don't even need to roll a Sense Motive. Cool for me, since the stupid Dice Roller hates me.

Speaking of which, does the previous Diplomacy pass here, or do I have to roll it again? And if so, can I -please- take 10? The dice roller is a jerk.

"Well, checking on him could be a little hard, as he's half the man he used to be. Follow me." he says, leading you through the guards.

Your roll passed, no need to worry.

razorback
2012-03-08, 02:09 PM
No need to yell, good man. Once you have taken everyone elses order, just bring me whatever today's special is.
With that, Algrith sat waiting at the first open seat for Imaran to appear, who would have been surprised to see Algrith actively watching the comings and goings of what was happening in the main room of the inn.

Silva Stormrage
2012-03-08, 02:53 PM
Kel wakes up to the ruckus outside the Church and the city, he quickly gets up and wakes up Silvan. He then rushes over to Halaza and gently wakes her up if she is not awake already.

There seems to be trouble going on outside. Lets try and see if we can help..

After waking Halaza Kel looks around to see if there is anyone who might know whats going on. He then will ask what is going on outside.

qwertyu63
2012-03-08, 02:58 PM
Kel wakes up to the ruckus outside the Church and the city, he quickly gets up and wakes up Silvan. He then rushes over to Halaza and gently wakes her up if she is not awake already.

There seems to be trouble going on outside. Lets try and see if we can help..

After waking Halaza Kel looks around to see if there is anyone who might know whats going on. He then will ask what is going on outside.

One of the clerics appears to be preparing to head somewhere. He says "There's been an 'incident' over at a bar on the south end of town.

3SecondCultist
2012-03-08, 03:04 PM
Lyral smiles as he carves into the side of pig at his side. He makes a small, satisfied sound as the warm and greasy meat slides down his throat.
The heavens be damned if it isn't just the little things that make our world turn. The half rotted planks of the box on which he is sitting creak as Lyral shifts his weight.
Hmmm. It seems as though there's a terrible commotion across the street. How the weak are cut from the ranks of the living! He watches closely, as Tarmikos makes his way into the masses that surround the inn. He chuckles, deciding to wait and observe for the time being.

Silva Stormrage
2012-03-08, 03:14 PM
One of the clerics appears to be preparing to head somewhere. He says "There's been an 'incident' over at a bar on the south end of town.

Kel thinks to himself for a bit then asks the cleric, Do you know at all what happened? A bar fight? Do you think we could help?

RCgothic
2012-03-08, 03:54 PM
Lia

Awakened by the commotion I roll out of bed, quickly strapping on my kit before hurrying downstairs to see the commotion in the street. I see a guard talking to Tarmikos and I hurry over, catching up just as they turn to go in, laying a hand on his shoulder just before they get out of reach through the cordon of guards.

"Hey! Mind if I join you?"

qwertyu63
2012-03-08, 04:00 PM
Kel thinks to himself for a bit then asks the cleric, Do you know at all what happened? A bar fight? Do you think we could help?

"I don't know. I just found out that something is happening. I'm going over to see if I can help. You should come along."

Lia

Awakened by the commotion I roll out of bed, quickly strapping on my kit before hurrying downstairs to see the commotion in the street. I see a guard talking to Tarmikos and I hurry over, catching up just as they turn to go in, laying a hand on his shoulder just before they get out of reach through the cordon of guards.

"Hey! Mind if I join you?"

The guard turns to Tarmikos and asks "You know her?"

INoKnowNames
2012-03-08, 04:15 PM
"Cute. I can already imagine what happened. Tarmikos replies to the guard, cursing his luck under his breath. Of course, my first contact in the city, and he ends up dead.

Before he can go, Tarmikos feels someone's hand on his shoulder. Tensing for a fraction of a moment, Tarmikos relaxes upon hearing her voice, and smiles at Lia.

"Yeah, I know her. You can trust her.... and she'll probably want to see this, too." Tarmikos responds, motioning toward the entrance. "I doubt this'll be pretty, but let's go.

RCgothic
2012-03-08, 05:11 PM
Lia

I follow Tarmikos and the guard into the bar, not sure what to expect. Nothing good at least.

Psymple
2012-03-08, 05:40 PM
Halaza wakes in her small room, the fire now cracking as the embers cool.
She hears a cleric talking in hushed tones to Kel in the next room, probably trying not to wake her, and his wolfs deep breathing in the next room.

She wakes and brushes out her tabard and dress tunic, its messy... she should probably use the wash room...
Her hair stuck to her face and her skin covered in tiny beads of sweat... but this is more important.

Moving to the door she opens it slightly.

Morning campers, whats going on?

Already she is stood in the doorway, taking her tabard off and pulling the heavy plate over her head... Attacking her swords to her back and belt and shield to her arm.
She pushes her kukri back into her shield with a resounding click and gleams at Kel...

So lets make sure the right thing is being done... whatever the comotion?

Silva Stormrage
2012-03-08, 05:51 PM
Halaza wakes in her small room, the fire now cracking as the embers cool.
She hears a cleric talking in hushed tones to Kel in the next room, probably trying not to wake her, and his wolfs deep breathing in the next room.

She wakes and brushes out her tabard and dress tunic, its messy... she should probably use the wash room...
Her hair stuck to her face and her skin covered in tiny beads of sweat... but this is more important.

Moving to the door she opens it slightly.

Morning campers, whats going on?

Already she is stood in the doorway, taking her tabard off and pulling the heavy plate over her head... Attacking her swords to her back and belt and shield to her arm.
She pushes her kukri back into her shield with a resounding click and gleams at Kel...

So lets make sure the right thing is being done... whatever the comotion?

Kel looks over and speaks, Apparently there is some commotion over at a local bar. A lot of guards were moving towards there but we don't know what exactly is going on. I think we should go check the place out though. He was going to show me there. Kel motions to the cleric, Actually what is your name? I feel rude for calling you "He" when you're showing me kindness

Demidos
2012-03-08, 06:30 PM
Awaking to hear the commotion outside, Imaran quickly gestures her away from the door where she was keeping watch and into his office. Closing his office, he quickly straps on his various items and quickly heads out to the main part of the inn, where he stumbles across Algirth. What's going on? he asks.
Assuming Algirth says something to the effect of "I don't know"

Imaran frowns. Whatever it is, it sounds serious -- the street looks to be swarming with peacekeepers. We should go see if they could use any help. Exiting the inn (hopefully in the company of Algirth), Imaran walks up to the nearest guard, then pauses, seeing his companions from the previous night walking towards the scene with a guard in tow. With a shrug, he turns and strides over to them. "Whats happening?"

qwertyu63
2012-03-08, 09:56 PM
Tarmkos, Lia:

"Cute. I can already imagine what happened. Tarmikos replies to the guard, cursing his luck under his breath. Of course, my first contact in the city, and he ends up dead.

Before he can go, Tarmikos feels someone's hand on his shoulder. Tensing for a fraction of a moment, Tarmikos relaxes upon hearing her voice, and smiles at Lia.

"Yeah, I know her. You can trust her.... and she'll probably want to see this, too." Tarmikos responds, motioning toward the entrance. "I doubt this'll be pretty, but let's go.

Lia

I follow Tarmikos and the guard into the bar, not sure what to expect. Nothing good at least.

The guard shows you inside the bar.

Dagoc's torso is laying on the bar, while his lower body is on the floor. It was a clean cut. The flesh nearby the wound appears to be in some state of advanced decay (Please roll Knowledge (Arcana). Tarmikos, roll with a +2 circumstance bonus). There are signs of a struggle.

Kel looks over and speaks, Apparently there is some commotion over at a local bar. A lot of guards were moving towards there but we don't know what exactly is going on. I think we should go check the place out though. He was going to show me there. Kel motions to the cleric, Actually what is your name? I feel rude for calling you "He" when you're showing me kindness

"Oh, I'm Latinskel. Come on, we'd best get moving." he says, clearly worried about what he might find when he gets there.

Silva Stormrage
2012-03-08, 10:59 PM
"Oh, I'm Latinskel. Come on, we'd best get moving." he says, clearly worried about what he might find when he gets there.

Kel nods, making sure to grab his great sword and all of his equipment before leaving. He sheathes his blade and then tells the cleric and Halaza Okay Latinskel, Halaza, lets go.

If no one else needs anything Kel follows the Latinskel out of the church.

3SecondCultist
2012-03-08, 11:12 PM
As he sits, Lyral muses on the frenetic activity of the civilians and the possible causes involved.
Hmm. A murder, perhaps? What else would drive all of the little lambs but fear? Not my own handiwork. There is little honor in such a kill. Slaughtering rabbits is hardly the game of a master hunter. No, something else is going on. His curiosity, once kindled and left to fester, grows inside him. He feels his skin chill, his pupils dilating and contracting, his breathing heavy. His right hand fingers begin to tremor, sliding up and down the ivory handle of his hunting blade.
I would need to see more to be certain, wouldn't I? Yes, I suppose I would. However, on the off chance that there is a murderer out there, who better to serve as my next quarry? Slowly, methodically, he wraps up his breakfast, returning it to his haversack. He brushes himself off, basking in the brief sensation of his calloused palms running over fur and worked leather. Lyral's movements, even after a long night, remain graceful and efficient. Rolling his shoulders back, he stretches, yawning all the while. He grins balefully as the tendons in his spine grind and crack, one by one, slowly. He can feel his very being curling and uncurling in anticipation.

"What happened here?" Lyral's question, directed at one of the guards standing watch, is surprisingly devoid of emotion. His grey eyes dart from one face of the crowd to the next, assessing everything they land upon, even if only for an instant. As such, he sizes up the watchman, smiling all the while.
"Can I go in?"

Psymple
2012-03-09, 07:20 AM
Damnit.. it will have to do...

Her armour is wonkey and mostly unbuckled but she follows them anyway.
Keen to get to the commotion.

Trouble Jesskya, we have trouble!
*A wave of love and fear*
Be careful

Right behind you Kel

Scimitar and Greatsword shieved but shield at the ready.

qwertyu63
2012-03-09, 07:27 AM
Tarmkos, Lia:
It is clear to you both that this wound was caused by a blade with a dark magic weaved into the metal. (And yes, Tarmkos, it does look familiar.)

Kel nods, making sure to grab his great sword and all of his equipment before leaving. He sheathes his blade and then tells the cleric and Halaza Okay Latinskel, Halaza, lets go.

If no one else needs anything Kel follows the Latinskel out of the church.

You reach the bar which is swarming with guards. Latinskel is trying and failing to get their attention.

"What happened here?" Lyral's question, directed at one of the guards standing watch, is surprisingly devoid of emotion. His grey eyes dart from one face of the crowd to the next, assessing everything they land upon, even if only for an instant. As such, he sizes up the watchman, smiling all the while.
"Can I go in?"
"You think you can help solve this? Go right on in."

Small note: For convenience all of this is happening at the same time.

razorback
2012-03-09, 10:59 AM
To Imaran Hmmm... I don't know. Some noise woke me up and I came down here. Very chaotic and can't seem to get a bite to eat, either.

As Imaran walks out with 'that look' on his face, Algrith stands and puts his book into his backpack, following him out the door. As Imaran talks to the guards, he looks around at the crowd, looking to see if anything is amiss.

[roll0] with either -7 to spot or -1 to sense motive.

qwertyu63
2012-03-09, 12:08 PM
To Imaran Hmmm... I don't know. Some noise woke me up and I came down here. Very chaotic and can't seem to get a bite to eat, either.

As Imaran walks out with 'that look' on his face, Algrith stands and puts his book into his backpack, following him out the door. As Imaran talks to the guards, he looks around at the crowd, looking to see if anything is amiss.

[roll0] with either -7 to spot or -1 to sense motive.

You see Latinskel, Halaza and Kel, with Latinskel trying to get the attention of the guards. You see the guards are trying to keep civilians out, but have let Lyral in.

3SecondCultist
2012-03-09, 12:52 PM
As he walks into the building, Lyral keeps an eye out for anyone watching him. At the sight of the chopped up, swiftly decaying barkeep, he inhales sharply.
As I suspected. This was no simple murder. No, there is something else at work here. He takes note of the presence of Tarmikos and Lia near both halves of the body, and immediately addresses them.
"Good morning! How did you sleep?"

Silva Stormrage
2012-03-09, 01:06 PM
Kel grabs one of the nearby guards rushing back and forth. He sternly speaks Hey there. Sorry about being so blunt but what exactly is going on here? Reverting to a gentler tone if Kel is being listened to by the guard Kel continues My name is Kel and I am a wandering druid. I believe I will be able to help if you simply tell me what is going on.

Diplomacy check: 34

Psymple
2012-03-09, 01:12 PM
Halaza followes footsteps behind Kel, her eyes on the guards face as Kel asks him what is going on.
She checks his face for anything he is chosing not to tell them.

Sence Motive
[roll0]

(Presumably they are within 60ft of the inn, I know your in there Dragon-boy!)

Suddenly as they appoach the inn a twinge of fear and suspicion falls across her face.

She mutters

There are kin here Jesskya...
Be on your toes.

If Kel looks to her in suspion she will breath out a tiny flicker of fire to explain her point, he may have not yet realised she is dragon born as she herself has not told him and her celestial features may have obscured her dragonscales.

qwertyu63
2012-03-09, 01:24 PM
Kel grabs one of the nearby guards rushing back and forth. He sternly speaks Hey there. Sorry about being so blunt but what exactly is going on here? Reverting to a gentler tone if Kel is being listened to by the guard Kel continues My name is Kel and I am a wandering druid. I believe I will be able to help if you simply tell me what is going on.

Diplomacy check: 34

"A druid, you say? You might be able to help." The guard leads your group inside.

INoKnowNames
2012-03-09, 01:39 PM
Tarmikos' blood boils. His body aches, having old yet poignant memories of the weapon used for this murder. It takes Tarmikos every single bit of mental strength to keep himself together.

"I'd like to ask a few things." Tarmikos turns to the guard who escorted him to the crime scene, barely restraining a look of absolute hatred and fury. "First, for the sake of formalities, I'd like to know your name, as well as the names of anyone I'd need to speak to in order to receive the information I would like to request."

Tarmikos examines the body further, taking note of the look on Dagoc's face, as well as the position he fell in, and whether or not he might have been holding anything nearby. "Second, this man. When I spoke to him here yesterday, he referred to himself as "Dagoc". I'd like to know if that is indeed his real identity, and anything else I can learn about him. Who he was. What he did. Any tip off that might reveal why he was chosen to be killed."

Tarmikos moves about the bar, surveying the basic state of the place, trying to remember as much as he can. Doing his best to avoid disturbing any details of the scene, he continues speaking. "I'd also like to know if this man, who I'll be referring to by the name he gave me, "Dagoc", until corrected, was possibly related to, should the information he gave me was correct, the incident a month ago, in which three people were slain throughout a single day, each assassinated almost instantaneously. While perusing this subject, I want to know as much as you know about those people, and how they were killed."

He takes a pause, and then continues. "If I may make a personal request; there may be a man moving about the city. If he's here, there's little chance you'd actually encounter him unless you were about to die. But you'd recognize him. Human. Relatively tall, yet light build. Fair skin, and waist-length silver hair, at least the last time I encountered him. You'd sense the killing intent before you even saw him. Don't you -DARE- " Tarmikos roars at the guard "even consider attempting to apprehend him alone unless you've made your life's peace. Any and every able bodied guard should be moving about with extreme vigilance, and obviously patrolling in groups if not already."

You're here... Tarmikos thinks to himself, almost growling his thoughts out loud. You or another monster like you. But it's far too improbable for this to be a coincidence. If you're here in this town, I will find you... you won't escape me this time.... I'll put my life on the line to drag you into the light... Cruorin....

Assuming no one interrupts, I'd be making use of Diplomacy, Spot, and Search, all taken 20, so I can be as clear as possible, and observe any and every detail I can.

If I need to, I'll roll anything relevant, including Gather Information and Intimidate. But I'd like to avoid using that Hateful Dice Roller if I don't need to.

RCgothic
2012-03-09, 01:45 PM
Lia

I quickly survey the scene - something about the wound and a faint trace in the ether indicate a dark and powerful weapon.

"And more than enough strength too, by the looks of things," I add, referring to the way the hapless barkeeper had been bisected in one stroke. "I suspected this might have something to do with your conversation last night. You have a powerful nemesis miko? Whoever did this either had enough skill to create a mighty weapon or enough money to buy one."

I half-turn as the strange man from last night who wouldn't stop staring at me enters. I'm not sure if anything more is meant by his light comment, so I decide to play along for now. "I'd have prefered an extra hour and a half, but what can you do?"

"I'll see if I can find any more clues," I say, beginning my search of the bar.

Take 20 on search, +12 modifier gives me +32.

Psymple
2012-03-09, 02:11 PM
Kel and Halaza are led into the inn by the guard just as Tarmikos is roaring at the guard...

I think you need to calm down... She says quetly yet calmly to the man. Focusing her sences she can feel he is the dragon in the room...
You are of kin... What is your name, who are you.

Her gaze locked on his, her mind screaming that she should ask who everyone else is and what is going on here but this finding, another dragon blood, it is too important for now...
It must be linked to the comotion...

Bahamut protect us

razorback
2012-03-09, 03:35 PM
Algrith motions for Imaran to follow him as he walks up to Latinskel, Halaza and Kel.

How come they let him pass? And, what has happened? to the guards and the group.

Demidos
2012-03-10, 12:33 AM
Imaran follows his friend to the body. Seeing Tarmikos' reaction, he turns to him ,frowning. "Do you know who did this?"

qwertyu63
2012-03-10, 08:34 AM
Algrith motions for Imaran to follow him as he walks up to Latinskel, Halaza and Kel.

How come they let him pass? And, what has happened? to the guards and the group.

"Someone's been killed. They were let in because I think a druid might be able to help. And who, might I ask, are you?"

Lia

I quickly survey the scene - something about the wound and a faint trace in the ether indicate a dark and powerful weapon.

"And more than enough strength too, by the looks of things," I add, referring to the way the hapless barkeeper had been bisected in one stroke. "I suspected this might have something to do with your conversation last night. You have a powerful nemesis miko? Whoever did this either had enough skill to create a mighty weapon or enough money to buy one."

I half-turn as the strange man from last night who wouldn't stop staring at me enters. I'm not sure if anything more is meant by his light comment, so I decide to play along for now. "I'd have prefered an extra hour and a half, but what can you do?"

"I'll see if I can find any more clues," I say, beginning my search of the bar.

Take 20 on search, +12 modifier gives me +32.

Tarmikos' blood boils. His body aches, having old yet poignant memories of the weapon used for this murder. It takes Tarmikos every single bit of mental strength to keep himself together.

"I'd like to ask a few things." Tarmikos turns to the guard who escorted him to the crime scene, barely restraining a look of absolute hatred and fury. "First, for the sake of formalities, I'd like to know your name, as well as the names of anyone I'd need to speak to in order to receive the information I would like to request."

Tarmikos examines the body further, taking note of the look on Dagoc's face, as well as the position he fell in, and whether or not he might have been holding anything nearby. "Second, this man. When I spoke to him here yesterday, he referred to himself as "Dagoc". I'd like to know if that is indeed his real identity, and anything else I can learn about him. Who he was. What he did. Any tip off that might reveal why he was chosen to be killed."

Tarmikos moves about the bar, surveying the basic state of the place, trying to remember as much as he can. Doing his best to avoid disturbing any details of the scene, he continues speaking. "I'd also like to know if this man, who I'll be referring to by the name he gave me, "Dagoc", until corrected, was possibly related to, should the information he gave me was correct, the incident a month ago, in which three people were slain throughout a single day, each assassinated almost instantaneously. While perusing this subject, I want to know as much as you know about those people, and how they were killed."

He takes a pause, and then continues. "If I may make a personal request; there may be a man moving about the city. If he's here, there's little chance you'd actually encounter him unless you were about to die. But you'd recognize him. Human. Relatively tall, yet light build. Fair skin, and waist-length silver hair, at least the last time I encountered him. You'd sense the killing intent before you even saw him. Don't you -DARE- " Tarmikos roars at the guard "even consider attempting to apprehend him alone unless you've made your life's peace. Any and every able bodied guard should be moving about with extreme vigilance, and obviously patrolling in groups if not already."

You're here... Tarmikos thinks to himself, almost growling his thoughts out loud. You or another monster like you. But it's far too improbable for this to be a coincidence. If you're here in this town, I will find you... you won't escape me this time.... I'll put my life on the line to drag you into the light... Cruorin....

Assuming no one interrupts, I'd be making use of Diplomacy, Spot, and Search, all taken 20, so I can be as clear as possible, and observe any and every detail I can.

If I need to, I'll roll anything relevant, including Gather Information and Intimidate. But I'd like to avoid using that Hateful Dice Roller if I don't need to.

Both of your searches turn up evidence that the victim was talking to his killer at some point. Signs of a struggle indicate that the victim was not off his guard at the time of attack. Trace amounts of something on the floor indicate that Obscuring Mist was cast at some point in the battle.

The guards are now visibly scared. They run out of the room. As to if they are running to hide from what you are talking about, or running to hide from you is left as a exercise to the reader.

Psymple
2012-03-10, 08:56 AM
Halaza twitches as the guards begin to run.
Could I be wrong? What if they are the dragonborn?
Her eyes bore into their faces as they run out of the room past her

[roll0] Sence Motive

Also attempting to see if they are of dragonblood using my sence dragonblooded.

For a moment her attention is lost from the man who had been in a fit of rage over something and had been shouting at the guards.
Sudden realisation, Where they running from him?
What is going on here?

razorback
2012-03-10, 09:27 AM
"Someone's been killed. They were let in because I think a druid might be able to help. And who, might I ask, are you?"

Who has been killed? Me? I am a traveler from far off lands, just come to your city to find lost relics. the distaste of being questioned evident on his face.

3SecondCultist
2012-03-10, 10:13 AM
As he watches and listens, Lyral re-evaluates the mettle of Tarmikos.
Such raw emotion! From across the room, I can almost taste his rage, and his fear. There is less composure here than I initially thought. He knows who did this, or at least he suspects. Human, tall, light build, fair, with silver hair. Whatever it is that Tarmikos is afraid of, it has the power to kill, with relative ease by the looks of things. At least I have some details on a new monster to hunt. That alone make my trip here worthwhile. His face twitches once, surveying the grisly scene once more. He turns to Lia, as she answers him back in kind.
She knows how to play the game! Good. She's quick on her feet. I like that. His mouth curves upwards, into somewhat of a smirk.
"We never get enough sleep, do we? Until we meet the fate of Dagoc, that is."

qwertyu63
2012-03-10, 02:56 PM
Halaza twitches as the guards begin to run.
Could I be wrong? What if they are the dragonborn?
Her eyes bore into their faces as they run out of the room past her

[roll0] Sence Motive

Also attempting to see if they are of dragonblood using my sence dragonblooded.

They are running off, scared out of their wits, by the fact that who ever did this is enough of a danger to produce lines like the ones Tarmikos just said

And no, none of them are of dragonblood. They are unnamed background characters.

Who has been killed? Me? I am a traveler from far off lands, just come to your city to find lost relics. the distaste of being questioned evident on his face.

"If you must know, the guy who runs this bar was cut in half."

Psymple
2012-03-10, 03:48 PM
Halaza turns back to Tarmikos, her patience now running even dryer.

Her haunches filed and almost reaching for her sword she glares at the man, he has yet to even acknowledge her existance yet... He is panicing like a crazed lunatic and even to the extent of scaring the "trained" city guards.

Who is he and what is he doing here! Hes acting like a man gone mad, a dragonblooded man gone mad... now the guards are running from him in terror.
Calm down Hallie... Running a temper wont help you...

Demidos
2012-03-10, 05:57 PM
"If you must know, the guy who runs this bar was cut in half."

We have spoken with both the barkeep and... (As tarmikos starts shouting)...we have met that man as well. Perhaps we can do something to help calm him down.

Diplomacy if its required
Edit: a 2....great...Ah well. Its a reasonable request anyway. Maybe he'll go for it. :smallsigh:

qwertyu63
2012-03-10, 06:01 PM
We have spoken with both the barkeep and... (As tarmikos starts shouting)...we have met that man as well. Perhaps we can do something to help calm him down.

Diplomacy if its required
Edit: a 2....great...Ah well. Its a reasonable request anyway. Maybe he'll go for it. :smallsigh:

"Go ahead and try. I'm not going anywhere near him."

RCgothic
2012-03-10, 06:23 PM
Lia

I don't know who the newcomers are - we haven't met - but it's clear Tarmikos' fit of rage doesn't look good. I move swiftly to interpose myself.

"It's okay - well all right, it's not ok; a man has been brutally murdered. But it wasn't anything to do with us! My name's Arlia, and this is Tarmikos. That's Lyral. The barkeeper, the dead man, spoke to us last night about someone Tarmikos is hunting and I suspect he was killed for it! That's why Tarmikos is angry at least. What are your names, friends?"

INoKnowNames
2012-03-10, 08:00 PM
Tarmikos runs his hand through his hair, annoyed and frustrated by the situation. I can't believe I actually scared them away... I was hoping I might be able to learn a thing or two from them. Then again, I shouldn't have expected much. I have to keep a level head. No matter how bad the situation is, losing myself to my emotions won't solve anything any easier. He sighs, exhaling an unusually cool breath of air. Even if he is involved, if I allow myself to succumb to those base instincts, I'll not only jeopardize myself, but everyone around me. And I'd play further into his hands.

He takes a look at the bar, taking stock of those that still remain, including the new adventurers that have appeared; several of which questioning the circumstance. His emotional outburst can't have helped the situation any. "Sorry, guys..... I just lost it for a bit. I'm fine now." he finally replies, looking at Lia, thankful for her calm words.

"I'm a bit concerned that the guardsmen might have nothing further to do with me, which is quite a large problem, considering that I have plenty I need to speak to them about." he starts again, continuing to look around the room. "If one..." he shakes his head vigorously, annoyed at his suggestion. "if a pair of you might be willing to call some of them back, preferably the most competent of the bunch, that would be a tremendous help."

Tarmikos stops moving when he finishes his rounds next to Dagoc. "I'd be lying if I said I've never seen damage like this before. In fact, though I wish it were not true, there is a chance that the blade that murdered this man may have been used by the same individual I am trying to track. And if so, at the very least my work is cut out for me."

He directs his attention toward the woman that approached him. "I'm not sure what you mean by kin, but I've no longer any decent connection to any family in this world. That, however, is superfluous right now. What matters is the issue at hand, the murderer who is lose in this city, free to claim innocent lives at a moment’s notice. Something must be done about this person, and any help in stopping this individual would be appreciated. Should you wish to inquire further about me, may I please suggest you wait at the Inn across the street, assuming you are not alone. If you are, then stay nearby, and I'll get to you when I can. Just avoid disturbing anything."

Tarmikos then trains his focus upon Lyral. "You've got a crude sense of humor, my friend. I wouldn't wish such a fate on any person."

Tarmikos overlooks Dagoc again, trying to notice more details about the corpse.

"Can someone ask across the street at the Inn to see if anyone might have seen something?" Tarmikos calls out while inspecting the body. "And I would be willing to pay for the knowledge the guards can provide, should any be brave enough to come back. Should anyone have anything they could contribute, please feel free to speak up."

I could have -SWORN- there was something in Heal about checking on the subject based on its death. I wanted to see if I could figure out how long it might have been since he was killed. I actually just realized that Search is the relevant skill. That's egg on my face...

Silva Stormrage
2012-03-10, 08:05 PM
Kel had spent the last few moments looking over the scene of a crime observing the outburst and the reaction of Hazala.

Kel steps forward as well Glad to meet you Arlia, I am Kel Serath a wandering druid. We simply were looking for ways to help. Who exactly was the person suspected to do this?... Kel's voice trails off when he sees Lyral. He then turns and address's Lyral Ah, hello again Lyral. Nice to see you again.

Turning to talk to Hazal Kel speaks again, Lyral was the man whom I talked with last night at the Church

After hearing Tarmikos's latest information dump Kel speaks, While I don't mean to intrude on your personal story of who this man is I think it is wise for you to tell us what he looks like and his name if you feel it is necessary. In order for him to do that kind of damage to a corpse he must do it after the corpse is dead or he must be fiendishly strong.

Psymple
2012-03-10, 08:35 PM
Halaza nods in recognition of the man who had come to the church the other night.

A crazy man who claims he is a hunter at the scene of a murder, and a rambling dragon kin of unknown origin scaring away city guardsmen... It seems you all have some explaining to do... Why are you here, who are you and what is the name of your rag-tag group?

She glares at the Dragonkin who has tried to evade her questions thus far.

And if you truly are not responsible for this mans murder, then who is this man you claim is responsible and how do you know of him...

3SecondCultist
2012-03-10, 08:49 PM
With the arrival of Halaza and Kel, Lyral closes himself off. He is uncomfortable in a confined space, with this many people who know him. Their presence seems to throw everything off balance.
This is why I left the monastery in the first place. People are too complicated for their own good. As he is introduced by Lia, he forces himself to display a hollow smile. It remains pinned on his face as Tarmikos mocks, Kel insinuates, and Halaza flat out accuses.
Great. I've always wanted to have a stuck-up, self-righteous soldier of good in my face. Thank the gods that I won't have to stick around for very much longer. He decides to sit at the bar-stool, looking over the top half of Dagoc's corpse. He stares into the glassy, lifeless eyes of the late bartender, listening and saying nothing.

Demidos
2012-03-10, 09:18 PM
Imaran looks over the newcomers -- two holy men, one whose face was twisted into a sort of snout, and a female crusader, by the looks of it. The man with the twisted face jogged something...ah, he remembered now. The contorted appearance of his face was due to a spell that greatly increased the physcal strength of the spellcaster, and gave him a greatly thinckened skin. The spell, so far as Imaran was aware, was known only to the druidic circles of the south. So this newcomer was a spellcaster, and a fairly powerful one at that. Imaran made a note to keep an eye on him -- he could be a powerful ally of justice. What...Kel...said sounds reasonable. If you have some idea of who this was, our usefulness to you (seeing as this seems to be a personal vendetta) would greatly increase if you told us what you knew. You seem an honorable person -- if this is a threat to even the city guard, the people of the city have the right to know. Imaran interjects.

Silva Stormrage
2012-03-10, 09:26 PM
Kel looks sternly at Hazala and speaks in a firm voice, Calm yourself! Nothing is to be gained by raising our voices. We shall discuss this civilly.

Turning to address the others in this tavern, Of course she does have a decent point. Lyral doesn't exactly have my full trust at the moment. What is your relation to Lyral?

Kel then turns to Latinskel and ask him Actually, Latinskel do you have any magic prepared that would help detect who did this?

qwertyu63
2012-03-10, 11:26 PM
Kel then turns to Latinskel and ask him Actually, Latinskel do you have any magic prepared that would help detect who did this?

"Not really. I didn't expect to need divinations, so I prepared various enchantments this morning. I can run back and see if anyone else prepared any, if that would help."

I could have -SWORN- there was something in Heal about checking on the subject based on its death. I wanted to see if I could figure out how long it might have been since he was killed. I actually just realized that Search is the relevant skill. That's egg on my face...

He's been dead for about 2 hours, 150 minutes at the most.

Silva Stormrage
2012-03-10, 11:54 PM
"Not really. I didn't expect to need divinations, so I prepared various enchantments this morning. I can run back and see if anyone else prepared any, if that would help."

Kel nods Yes, that will be very useful. Thank you.

RCgothic
2012-03-11, 03:50 AM
Kel had spent the last few moments looking over the scene of a crime observing the outburst and the reaction of Hazala.

Kel steps forward as well Glad to meet you Arlia, I am Kel Serath a wandering druid. We simply were looking for ways to help. Who exactly was the person suspected to do this?... Kel's voice trails off when he sees Lyral. He then turns and address's Lyral Ah, hello again Lyral. Nice to see you again.

Turning to talk to Hazal Kel speaks again, Lyral was the man whom I talked with last night at the Church

After hearing Tarmikos's latest information dump Kel speaks, While I don't mean to intrude on your personal story of who this man is I think it is wise for you to tell us what he looks like and his name if you feel it is necessary. In order for him to do that kind of damage to a corpse he must do it after the corpse is dead or he must be fiendishly strong.

Halaza nods in recognition of the man who had come to the church the other night.

A crazy man who claims he is a hunter at the scene of a murder, and a rambling dragon kin of unknown origin scaring away city guardsmen... It seems you all have some explaining to do... Why are you here, who are you and what is the name of your rag-tag group?

She glares at the Dragonkin who has tried to evade her questions thus far.

And if you truly are not responsible for this mans murder, then who is this man you claim is responsible and how do you know of him...

Kel looks sternly at Hazala and speaks in a firm voice, Calm yourself! Nothing is to be gained by raising our voices. We shall discuss this civilly.

Turning to address the others in this tavern, Of course she does have a decent point. Lyral doesn't exactly have my full trust at the moment. What is your relation to Lyral?

Lia

"You don't trust Lyral? What did he do?" I turn to regard the strange man bent over Dagoc's corpse. His interest is a bit morbid, but it doesn't seem like he's taking pleasure in his own work. "We met him here last night - and all right, he's a bit of a creep - but I don't think he did this. Tarmikos is adamant this is the work of his quarry and I trust him. Although now would be a good time for some details..."

I'm confused by the crusader's persistence on the dragon thing, and it's starting to worry me. "I'm sorry, but why is that important right now? There's a murderer to catch and the guards don't look up to it. I've frankly never seen a more porous security cordon in my life!"

"Anyway, we don't have a group name yet and that's also not important to think about right now. I didn't catch your name by the way."

Psymple
2012-03-11, 07:06 AM
Halaza looks a Kel, scorn in her eyes.
A rather stark difference to how she acted earlier and how she is acting now is very apparent...
Who is he to tell me to calm down... Does he even know what this thing could do if it was twisted towards darker ways...
Dragonblood, he could be a sorceror or maybe hes just a maniac murderer...
Calm down my love... Dont burn bridges with these strangers, you are not following the path of an inquisitor now, you do not need to suspect everyone...
But...
Shhh, find out what is going on... play along my dear...

The anger seems to slide off her replaced by no real emotion at all...
Her face cold and stirn, her eyes still twitching between everyone in the group.
But mostly resting on the Kel, Tarmikos and Lyral

Very well, Halaza... I am a Knight of the Copper Hearts. A Celestial Order that hunt the spawn and worshippers of Tiamat

RCgothic
2012-03-11, 08:32 AM
"My name, as I said before, is Tarmikos. Tarmikos Silverkin."

Just checking that I had caught Tarmikos' surname. :smallsmile:

Lia

I sigh, crossing my arms. This Halaza is still acting surly (even if less irate than before), so it appears we're going to get sidetracked anyway. "Tiamat? That's the goddess of chromatic dragons, right? Well you're addressing Tarmikos Silverkin so I think we're probably all right." I can't help the small under-note of sarcasm creeping in, and immediately regret it. She's just trying to do her duty, even if it is patently less immediate than the murder we have in front of us.

I attempt to change tack, trying to engage with her and diffuse the adversarial mood of the conversation thus far:

"Though why would anyone admit to being descended from a dragon of colour when you've made it clear what the consequences would be? If they claimed to be of metallic descent, would you even know? And even if they were of unholy parentage yet commit no evil, why would that deserve automatic censure? Children don't always take after their parents; mine were a carpenter and an artist for instance!"

razorback
2012-03-11, 10:39 AM
Algrith sits back and watches the interaction from everyone for a few minutes, content to see how things play out.
He wasn't sure what dragons had to do with anything but he did get here later than everyone else. Skirting around the others as the talked, he walked over to the body. The look of distaste on his face might have been easily mistaken for the brutality, but Imaran would have known it was for the untidiness and mess of the bloody body that caused him to make the face.
Spending the time, he looks over to see if there is anything the others had missed, his own powers and magic not being of any help at this time.

Search
[roll0]

Silva Stormrage
2012-03-11, 02:33 PM
Lia

"You don't trust Lyral? What did he do?" I turn to regard the strange man bent over Dagoc's corpse. His interest is a bit morbid, but it doesn't seem like he's taking pleasure in his own work. "We met him here last night - and all right, he's a bit of a creep - but I don't think he did this. Tarmikos is adamant this is the work of his quarry and I trust him. Although now would be a good time for some details..."

I'm confused by the crusader's persistence on the dragon thing, and it's starting to worry me. "I'm sorry, but why is that important right now? There's a murderer to catch and the guards don't look up to it. I've frankly never seen a more porous security cordon in my life!"

"Anyway, we don't have a group name yet and that's also not important to think about right now. I didn't catch your name by the way."

Kel sighs, I don't think "creep" covers it for me. Last night Lyral showed up to the church Hazala and I were staying in and started rambling, similarly to how a madman would. In addition he essentially said that whatever the situation was he would try to betray me... He then asked if I could offer him a job. I assume he was either mad or drunk, and he seemed to steady to be drunk.

Though I don't think is the worst security I have seen in my day. The guards probably just aren't trained for dealing with mass murders that can cleave a foe in two.

Kel sighs and walks towards Lia once Hazala and Lia have another exchange. Hold on Lia. As much as I agree with you on the fact that members of a race are not always one alignment or another, I wish to table this discussion as it is irrelevant to solving who did this. Though first I must do something minor. Lia may I have your hand? Kel reaches out on hand towards Lia as if in a manor to shake hands.

RCgothic
2012-03-11, 03:10 PM
Kel sighs, I don't think "creep" covers it for me. Last night Lyral showed up to the church Hazala and I were staying in and started rambling, similarly to how a madman would. In addition he essentially said that whatever the situation was he would try to betray me... He then asked if I could offer him a job. I assume he was either mad or drunk, and he seemed to steady to be drunk. Though I don't think is the worst security I have seen in my day. The guards probably just aren't trained for dealing with mass murders that can cleave a foe in two.
Kel sighs and walks towards Lia once Hazala and Lia have another exchange. Hold on Lia. As much as I agree with you on the fact that members of a race are not always one alignment or another, I wish to table this discussion as it is irrelevant to solving who did this. Though first I must do something minor. Lia may I have your hand? Kel reaches out on hand towards Lia as if in a manor to shake hands.
Lia

Somehow I don't find Kel's explanation for his distrust of Lyral terribly surprising. Mad I could agree with... need to make sure I always keep an eye on him.

I shrug as Kel suggests tabling the discussion to another time - it's what I'd wanted anyway; I totally agree that we're wasting time when there's a murderer to catch. I'm caught off guard by his strange request though. Why would he want my hand?

"Um, okay..." I hold out my hand gingerly as though expecting a slap on the wrist.

Silva Stormrage
2012-03-11, 03:23 PM
Kel reaches out and channels a good amount of holy energy directly into Lia's hand. Lia should feel the energy course around her hand but not cause any damage.

Kel nods and releases her hand, Well that settles it, Lia is not an evil creature. My touch if I so wish can cause damage to evil creatures. I use it as an impromptu way of learning if a creature is evil or not. It will damage regardless of any abjurations concealing their true nature as well. Hazala if you wish to discuss with Lia later on why colored dragon's are hunted by your order than feel free to do so. In fact I would suggest you two talk it amongst yourselves so that you can stop being at each other's throats. However, while we are here we still need to focus on him Kel points to the torn in half corpse and what caused his death. Bickering and accusing everyone here will not do any good unless we have proof or facts that incriminate someone.

Now, Tarkimos, who exactly do you think did this? You still haven't told us who or what he looks like. Also do you happen to have anything with his scent on it? Silvan is quite a competent tracker Kel motions to his giant wolf sitting next to him.

Psymple
2012-03-11, 03:32 PM
Halaza looks to the woman who has just addressed her,
A look of desperation on her face and the smallest glint of anger at misunderstanding her.

I asked who he was and why he was on the scene of a murder He may be of Silver Dragon blood but that does not explain his crazed behaviour or his association with those that walk into churches with threats.

Not to mention his apparent acquaintance with the being that, according to him, committed that atrocity.

She takes a breath before continuing.

Do not tar me with zealous bigotry, I care only about the actions of others...
He is of Dragon blood, that means he has the potential to wreak destruction and misery.
One does not have to be evil to destroy those around them, whether he committed this act of barbarism or intends to peruse the one who did...
If he can lose his temper like that he has the potential to injure innocents around him.

She looks at Kel, their discussions of last night at the forefront of her memory.
Her anger sliding away and her voice once again losing its hostility.
Further this time, her tone quiet and soft.

Her point made she turns to Tarmikos,
whilst Kel and Lia introduce themselves,
waiting for him to say his piece.

INoKnowNames
2012-03-11, 04:21 PM
Tarmikos stands up, after having inspected the body once again. "Things would be much easier if this city was defended by actual soldiers, rather than mice... then again, so few can truly be expected to bare their lives for the sake of the cause..." He exhales yet another frosty breath, continuing to expel and control his frustrations.

Tarmikos takes stock of each of those that remain still. As his eyes rest upon the visitor alongside the knight, Tarmikos visibly gasps, averting his eyes rather quickly. What is he... man? Or beast? he ponders to himself, doing everything he can to subside the trembling brought out by the visitor. "Pardon me for my various acts of rudeness here. Today just doesn't seem to be my day." he responds.

Looking back at the corpse, a sense of duty allows him to fight his fear, at least for the moment. "I cannot say, without witness testimony or further evidence, whether or not the man I seek is connected to this atrocity. And to close off any further options in mind would only make the hunt for the true killer a harder task. It is better to keep such unprofessional mistakes at a minimum." He turns his gaze back onto the group. "Even the weapon used in this crime could be simply coincidence, though it is a shame that multiple weapons of such evil could exist. Without more information, particularly about who the victim was, or of anyone that may have had further business with him, I cannot make any assumptions yet. This is the reason we need those guards to return. The knowledge that -someone- in this city holds is invaluable..."

Tarmikos walks toward the center of the room, and looks back at Lyral. "As for him, he was one of the adventurers that gathered here. He doesn't seem to be of trouble, or else coming back to the scene of a crime would be quite a foolish move on his part. At the very least, he doesn't appear to be inhibiting our efforts, at all. There were quite a few of us together last night, and most of us were staying at the Inn across the street. For the sake of this task, gathering such talented people might be just as prudent as attempting to wrest knowledge from the guards..."

Tarmikos' eyes light up. "Not only might someone in the Inn have seen something, considering how recently Dagoc was killed, but a guest staying there might be able to use his abilities to help us!" He appears to be puzzled for just a moment, before snapping his fingers. "Jorah! He was one of the many adventurers that had gathered here last night. We spoke together for a bit while I inquired with Dagoc for information. He-Jorah, that is, said he was particularly skilled with Divination Magic! It's a bit of a long shot, but it would be foolish to not try and see what he could do."

Tarmikos thinks for a moment, and then continues speaking. "I propose we split into groups. I'm not sure how well I'll be able to convince the guards to come back, but I would greatly appreciate their testimony. Maybe a couple could try to bring back the most competent of them who can speak, and are not afraid to answer the call of duty?" It would be also important to speak to the people nearby, and see if there's a chance that anyone has seen anything, particularly at the Inn, since it's directly across the street. I intend to fetch Jorah myself."

He turns to Halaza. "If you would like to judge me, and see for yourself what my true colors are, feel free to come with me. I don't mind in the slightest. If you want to help, I would be grateful. But I would prefer it if you didn't mar this investigation. You needn’t worry about me. I have nothing but the most honorable intentions, and while I allowed my personal experiences to flare my emotions, I’m fine. And I would never be a threat to the innocent."

The color in his face drains for a moment, as he returns his glance to Kel. "For my own preference, maybe Kel... and his friend..." Tarmikos speaks, much of the passion in his voice attacked by fear, "could stay and assist here, or speak with the guards?" It takes everything he has to not back away from the two. Such... beings make him nervous.

Demidos
2012-03-11, 04:30 PM
Imaran turns to watch his friend examine the corpse, then turns back to the matter at hand. You have given us, as yet, no good reason to trust your words or your leadership. If we are in as grave a danger as you might assume, or indeed, if there is even the slightest chance of somesuch, then it would be foolish, or perhaps even suicidal to leave here. Why do you not simply tell us what you know?